• 10,302,832 Posts
• 408,279 Topics
• 23,335 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2019 Chili Bowl (Jan 14-Jan 19)  (Read 435 times)

OaklawnCapper

2019 Chili Bowl (Jan 14-Jan 19)
« on: December 23, 2018, 08:06:00 am »

Who all is going to make to Tulsa for the Chili Bowl this year?

Racinray

Re: 2019 Chili Bowl (Jan 14-Jan 19)
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2018, 03:11:03 pm »

Tried to get tickets this year and didn't get them. One of the best races there is.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

hawginbigd1

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2018, 12:10:13 am »

Going for sure just come Friday and stake out some seats on the pit side. Basically what they do.

hawginbigd1

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2018, 12:12:19 am »

I sat Thursday and Friday in the general seating area and then was in the pit side stands on Saturday. The place didn't really get full until the Saturday night show started.

Last year was my first time, I have been thinking about it since it was over. I am going and I don't have a ticket.

Racinray

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2018, 10:35:22 am »

I'm going Saturday. I tried to order them and wasn't able to get them, I'll try again next year.

farfromgroovins

• Varsity
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2018, 10:27:20 am »

Been going for over 20 years.  My crew of 5 gets a house in Tulsa for a few days so we can grill on the back deck, drink, smoke a cigar, play cards, and then watch some racing.  A guys getaway for a few days.
We get our ticket packet in the mail around April-May each year and order the same seats.  Since they've expanded the show, we've had to buy tickets for nights we don't use.  We get a 4-night package (Wed-Sat) but miss the Wednesday show.

Anyone need Wednesday night tickets for cheap?

farfromgroovins

• Varsity
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2019, 12:43:25 pm »

Christopher Bell won last night's preliminary.  Dude is the man to beat (or try to) on dirt right now.  Going for 3 in a row.

Racinray

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2019, 09:30:39 am »

Went Friday night and sat on the pit side for the first time, wasn't bad, but wasn't good either. I think I'll try a little harder next year to get regular tickets.

farfromgroovins

• Varsity
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2019, 09:46:24 pm »

Logan Seavey led the first few laps then got into a little lap traffic when Kyle Larson made a pass for the lead.  Larson led almost (emphasis on ALMOST) every lap from there.....except the most important one......
Last lap going into turns 1&2, Larson didn't hit his line right, got up a off the groove just a bit and Christopher Bell was there to shoot under him.  Some contact between the two coming out of the turn and Bell shoots to the lead.  Into turns 3&4 and Larson puts his right front on Bell's left rear but not enough to take him out.  Both got a little crossed up but straightened them out and Bell kept the lead and took the checkered.

Larson could have taken him out but it probably would have cost both of them.  Awesome move by Bell as he had to close in on Larson in the last few laps to take his 3rd Golden Driller trophy in a row.  Kid from Norman, OK is on a tear right now.

riccoar

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Serving Hogville since 11-08-03
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2019, 11:01:17 am »

2017 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Champion.  Was in the Final 4 for 2018 Xfinity Championship his rookie year.  Running full time Xfinity in 2019.  Just a matter of time till he's in Cup.

hawginbigd1

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2019, 01:02:25 pm »

I went Wednesday through Saturday what a great time. Feel so bad for Kyle, The track had 0 grip at the end and lap traffic was hell for him to get through, it was easier for Bell to follow and get in better entry position into the turns. That's the only reason Bell had the opportunity imo. Not to take anything away from Bell because he was back in 3rd midway through and had to get back by Grant to be in the right spot. I can tell you imo the fastest car/driver on Saturday was the 7C of Tyler Courtney, that dude started at the back of everything he raced in and finished top 5, he did so in the B and A after spinning out at some point during those races and going to the back again. Finished the A in 5th.

I give Smoke a  B- on his track preparation simply because he let the track get away from him in the early part of the day and he never got it back.I wonder if Tony is going to be a new business partner in the chili bowl?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas