• 10,302,832 Posts
• 408,279 Topics
• 23,335 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I hope Nance doesnít  (Read 1119 times)

#hammerdown

• Senior
  • Bring Back the Chrome Dome
I hope Nance doesnít
« on: December 04, 2018, 07:52:38 pm »

Set SEC receiving records next year. That would be salt in the wound.

mizzouman

Re: I hope Nance doesnít
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2018, 07:53:41 pm »

He will have to battle some very good WR for playing time.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

PorkFromOrk

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2018, 07:55:25 pm »

Meh...who cares?  Weíve got some great receivers coming in this class.  Letís see what they can do.

BannerMountainMan

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2018, 07:57:02 pm »

Meh...who cares?  Weíve got some great receivers coming in this class.  Letís see what they can do.
Need a o-line or it wonít matter

PharmacistHog

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • The Peopleís Mod
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2018, 07:57:15 pm »

He will have to battle some very good WR for playing time.

My thoughts as well. Ours werenít very good this year and he couldnít seem to work his way out in front of them. He could prove me wrong but Iíd be shocked if heís anything better than mediocre.

twistitup

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2018, 07:58:50 pm »

yeah....losing good players, no big deal.

most of our fans have bought into this entire roster being trash - I don't buy it.

Nosboar Accubond

• All-American Hogvillian
  • High-tech Redneck
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2018, 07:59:17 pm »

Trash is 3... 2... 1...

twistitup

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2018, 07:59:59 pm »

My thoughts as well. Ours werenít very good this year and he couldnít seem to work his way out in front of them. He could prove me wrong but Iíd be shocked if heís anything better than mediocre.

if he was mediocre he wouldn't be at another SEC school, he would be at Ark St. - they obviously see talent, I do as well.

bennyl08

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Ever since the war I've had a drinking problem
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2018, 08:01:50 pm »

He put up 500 yards last season and rated in the top 5 in the country in qb rating when being thrown to. Enos was very good, but I'd be surprised if Nance accomplished all of that despite being at best mediocre.

PorkFromOrk

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2018, 08:05:04 pm »

most of our fans have bought into this entire roster being trash - I don't buy it.

Sucks losing good players.  I just donít put any energy into worrying about what they do when they go elsewhere.  I also donít think Morris is responsible for losing Nance. Unless something happened behind the scenes that we donít know about, I doubt he told a kid with that kind of talent to get to packing.  Who knows, though?

And I agree, I donít think this whole team needs to turnover.  In fact, it bothers me when people classify the whole team as lazy or having a bad attitude.  I think there are some left who did not and likely will not buy in.  Some leaders need to step up and put a stop to it.  Iím hoping Scoota is one.

Pumbaa

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2018, 08:06:53 pm »

Had he stayed he wouldnít be here next year anyways. This would have been his SR year. So yeah, no big deal at this point. Wasnít doing much in the games he was available this year so on to the next.

bennyl08

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Ever since the war I've had a drinking problem
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2018, 08:41:56 pm »

Sucks losing good players.  I just donít put any energy into worrying about what they do when they go elsewhere.  I also donít think Morris is responsible for losing Nance. Unless something happened behind the scenes that we donít know about, I doubt he told a kid with that kind of talent to get to packing.  Who knows, though?

And I agree, I donít think this whole team needs to turnover.  In fact, it bothers me when people classify the whole team as lazy or having a bad attitude.  I think there are some left who did not and likely will not buy in.  Some leaders need to step up and put a stop to it.  Iím hoping Scoota is one.

I doubt he told Nance to go packing from day 1, but when you have a proven SEC talent like Nance who put up over 500 yards his first season here and was top 5 in qb rating when being thrown to, it is on Morris to do his best to get Nance on his team.

Roster turnover with a new coaching hire is absolutely normal and typically is not a sign of anything worse. However, when all of the best players, players who have shown they know what they are doing, don't buy in, that's rarely a good sign.

History of football is choc full of examples, but a fairly high profile recent one comes to mind. Gruden and the Raiders. Before the season starts, he gets rid of a top 5 defender in the entire NFL, edge rusher. The team who got him soared high this season while the raiders had the lowest sack average in a decade for any nfl team. Then, he gets rid of their best receiver who goes on to shine in his new team and the raiders are now fighting for the top pick because of a terrible record. Some other recent ones were the Chicago coach few years back getting rid of Brandon Marshall and the like, gutting the team of it's talent and then lo and behold, he didn't win and lost his job. Chargers coach who got rid of everybody worth a darn on offense save for Rivers, leaving a top 5 qb with nothing to work with. He too was soon unemployed.

Point being, you are going to get personality conflicts that lead to transfers. In general, that's going to be somewhat randomly distributed throughout the team. When it isn't simply random and virtually none of the talented guys are buying in, talent usually recognizes other talent. If the only ones who buy in are the ones who would buy from the devil if it meant some playing time or bright eyed freshmen, that's a problem. Because once those freshmen stop being distracted by the big lights and can take a better look, then they will start to see the same things.

PharmacistHog

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • The Peopleís Mod
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2018, 08:42:54 pm »

if he was mediocre he wouldn't be at another SEC school, he would be at Ark St. - they obviously see talent, I do as well.

I meant mediocre relative to mizzouís wrís.

Pulled(PP)pork

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2018, 08:43:59 pm »

to see some say it, KB isn't a pure passer, just a really good runner....I dunno

regi

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • We would owe Bert how much?
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2018, 08:55:29 pm »

The guy had 1 catch for -2 yards last year. Good luck to him

onebadrubi

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2018, 06:09:40 am »

He will have some catches next year just because of their offensive system.  That doesnít mean we lost anyone who could have contributed. 

He also wasnít going to win us any games this year, we couldnít get him the ball if we wanted to.

twistitup

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2018, 06:18:34 am »

The guy had 1 catch for -2 yards last year. Good luck to him

Gotta have a qb .....he was talented, it's no surprise anyone that leaves wasn't a good football player. Then they getting signed by another SEC team, yeah he sucks.

onebadrubi

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2018, 07:36:11 am »

Gotta have a qb .....he was talented, it's no surprise anyone that leaves wasn't a good football player. Then they getting signed by another SEC team, yeah he sucks.

Maybe he couldnít get separation from our corners in practice time so coaches would give him a shot in games?  Ha

Pulled(PP)pork

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2018, 07:56:18 am »

several have left over the years.....that weren't very good

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2018, 05:44:41 pm »

Stick to your expertise....you know.......concessions.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas