• 10,350,336 Posts
• 409,568 Topics
• 23,412 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Missouri a legit Razorback rivalry now?  (Read 9304 times)

mizzouman

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
Re: Missouri a legit Razorback rivalry now?
« Reply #250 on: August 13, 2019, 09:38:42 am »

Don't really care about the rest of the country. Don't really care that Mizzou has Arkansas number. I've been to games at every SEC school. Mizzou is not like any other SEC school. It's a bizarre place.
Bizzare to one is normal to others.  To each their own.  It's a matter of opinion and not fact.

mizzouman

• Hogville.net
« Reply #251 on: August 13, 2019, 09:44:31 am »

It doesn't have anything to do with winning football games. Most just don't want to have anything to do with Mizzou. Like some annoying guy who moves into the neighborhood and can't take a hint. Go the freak away. Find somebody else to annoy.
Hmm.  6 pages worth of 'nothing to do Mizzou'.  I keep hearing that fans don't care anything about Mizzou yet there are many posts about Mizzou started by Hog fans.  If you don't care, that's fine, but don't post and respond about it multiple times by saying, don't want anything to do with Mizzou.  Just ignore it.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

31to6

• Go Hogs!
« Reply #252 on: August 13, 2019, 10:00:57 am »

While I agree with most that this isn't a real, tangible, heated rivalry just yet, I think the reasoning behind it is different between the two programs. I hear your argument all the time, but unless we are talking about what happened 30 years ago it just isn't true. Since 2000, Mizzou has 158 wins and Arkansas has 127. Mizzou has played in the SECCG two times, as has Arkansas. While I think in some circles (in both fanbases) it already has developed into a bit of a rivalry, it won't become a real one until both teams are playing with something to lose in the last game of the year. I just don't agree that it's not a rivalry because Arkansas is somehow above Missouri.
Your thoughts have sound reasoning.

The issue is that there are a lot of Hog fans who are not willing to accept what the program has become. So that is part of it. For some, deciding that Mizzou is a rival is downgrading our rivalries. Whether you agree or not, you are not on the level of TX or LSU, for example.

Razorback historical rivals are teams we have faced in nationally relevant games that decided conference and national championships.

If we never get to the point where our Thanksgiving matchup actually *means* something other than who goes to a crappy bowl it will never evoke the passion that makes it a rivalry.

So first, we have to get our house in order because for the last several years we have been irrelevant even at the divisional level.

But presuming that happens, what are the odds that the game ever means something?

We've played Ole Miss something around 60 times with regular non-conference meetings for decades and have met up in nationally meaningful bowls (Sugar, Cotton).
We've played TX and aTm over and over in games that decided conference and sometimes national championships for both teams.
We have a long history with LSU as well, and since joining the SEC we have played in games that decided who went to Atlanta and we have almost always played way over our heads in those games--underdog spoiler and scrappy is part of our identity.

What has the Mizzou game ever meant? The most relevant matchup ever was a Cotton bowl right after we fired our coach, had an idiot interim who tried a fake kick after trying it and calling a timeout, and half the players were resting for the draft.

Basically the game is meaningless. The fact that lately we have sucked and collapsed embarrassingly even when we had good teams just compounds the "Meh" for most Hog fans.

Boarmonger

• Senior
  • Root Hog or Die!
« Reply #253 on: August 13, 2019, 10:10:11 am »

For what itís worth, those of us that live in Missouri, it means something.  When you have to deal with friends and family after a loss your interest level tends to go up.

hogcards

• The Glimmer Twins
« Reply #254 on: August 13, 2019, 10:11:55 am »

I agree with the thought process that they don't really belong in the SEC because of their location, but they kick our butts.

...and that's pretty pathetic considering the fact that they don't have a rich football tradition.  I'd actually rate it as pretty poor.

Hogs-n-Roses

• Coming to a Stadium Near You!
« Reply #255 on: August 13, 2019, 10:13:07 am »

You have to beat someone from time to time to call them or have them call you a bitter rival. We arrogantly took them for granted(as we did A$M) when they joined the conference and they have kicked our rears and its been the versa/visa thingy. Can't hardly come to grips with it but well there it is! Its a heck of a shape we're in now Olly!

Shorttimer

• Varsity
« Reply #256 on: August 13, 2019, 10:18:29 am »

Serious question...really...

Why is it that Arkansas fans, at least on this board, feel that Arkansas is superior to Missouri in football?  What has Arkansas done in the last 20 years on the football field better than Mizzou?
It's not really anything nefarious or inexplicable.  The simple truth is that most of us grew up in a time when the Hogs were good and Missouri sucked. 

Some of us remember games with Texas, A&M, Miami, Oklahoma, Alabama, Notre Dame, USC, Stanford--games that meant something and were THE MOST IMPORTANT GAME in the nation on the day they were played.  We were National Champions after the 1977 season for God's sake (don't get me started).  We were a dropped interception from playing for another in 1988.  We've played really, really important games for over half a century.

To date, Missouri football's claim to fame is losing on a 5th Down play to Colorado.

I don't want Mizzou to be a rival because I want them to be irrelevant again.

hogcards

• The Glimmer Twins
« Reply #257 on: August 13, 2019, 10:20:08 am »

You have to beat someone from time to time to call them or have them call you a bitter rival. We arrogantly took them for granted(as we did A$M) when they joined the conference and they have kicked our rears and its been the versa/visa thingy. Can't hardly come to grips with it but well there it is! Its a heck of a shape we're in now Olly!

Well they're playing for nothing this year because they can't go to a bowl.  Hopefully, we are playing for something at that time of the season.  No reason we should be losing to Missouri.  None.  Ever.

rzrbackhogfan

• Bench Warmer
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #258 on: August 13, 2019, 10:24:46 am »

You must be 10 years old if you don't comprehend what he's referring to.   Tennessee is a nationally recognized program in football that is a traditional powerhouse, they may have struggled lately but with the right coach believe Missouri won't even be able to remotely be able to compete with them.  Missouri is at the top of their game right now and that's winning 7 or 8 games a year which should be considered the ceiling for that program, Tennessee can compete for national championships year in and out with the right hire.

Problem you have with AR getting a rivalry is most AR fans want to create a rivalry with the best team so we have something to brag about.  TX, LSU, TN (when they were good), Ole Miss when they have decent years, ATM.  Truth is none of these programs were rivalries.  Good games yes, games to look forward to also yes.  Do we truly hate their programs more than any other we play every year no.  You have to hate your rivalry as much as they hate you which is why rivalries like TX/OK is a good one, AL/AU is a good one, MI/OH St is a good one. 

You cant just pick who the best team is and turn it into a rivalry.  Sad part is we should be better than we are, but we do it to ourselves.  We rank 13th in the country in college footballs most valuable teams in revenue. 
ATM - $148 million
Texas - $133 million
MI - $127 million
AL - $127 million
OH St - $120 million
OU - $118 million
ND - $112 million
AU - $112 million
LSU - $112 million
FL - $111 million
TN - $108 million
OR - $92 million
AR - $92 million
Penn St - $92 million
But we are 24th in coaches salary.  We pay Chad Morris $3.5 million/year which teams like MN, KY, Houston, and IA all pay more than we do.  TCU pays Patterson $1.6 million more per year.  And this also rolled downhill and effected our basketball program as we needed to pay less than we pay our football coach. 

I hope Chad Morris works out for us and if he does turn our program around then we can worry about a rivalry, although it needs to be a natural rivalry and not a created one.  Ole Miss and MO currently are our best shots.  BUT if Chad Morris doesn't work we need to go out and buy a coach and be competitive in the SEC.  FL is at $6.1 million, AU $7 million, GA $7 million, ATM $7.5 million, and AL $8.3 million.  You turn this program around and can easily raise that revenue of $92 million into a lot more.

Hogs-n-Roses

• Coming to a Stadium Near You!
« Reply #259 on: August 13, 2019, 10:38:19 am »

Well they're playing for nothing this year because they can't go to a bowl.  Hopefully, we are playing for something at that time of the season.  No reason we should be losing to Missouri.  None.  Ever.
I agree. Sometimes the facts just blow me away too. And its not just MIZ ZOU. Its the whole ball of wax. I knew this was coming tho as I was watching a late season game on TV and saw, late in the game, score tied about 3-4000 hog fans there in the 4th quarter. I said to myself, self, bet the tailgating has really skyrocketed as we've fallen to the cellar.

mizzouman

• Hogville.net
« Reply #260 on: August 13, 2019, 10:49:32 am »

It's not really anything nefarious or inexplicable.  The simple truth is that most of us grew up in a time when the Hogs were good and Missouri sucked. 

Some of us remember games with Texas, A&M, Miami, Oklahoma, Alabama, Notre Dame, USC, Stanford--games that meant something and were THE MOST IMPORTANT GAME in the nation on the day they were played.  We were National Champions after the 1977 season for God's sake (don't get me started).  We were a dropped interception from playing for another in 1988.  We've played really, really important games for over half a century.

To date, Missouri football's claim to fame is losing on a 5th Down play to Colorado.

Fair enough.  So, it's really a matter of what happened 30, 40, 50 years ago and much less of what has happened in the last 20 years or so.  Is that an accurate assessment of most Hog fans?

hogcards

• The Glimmer Twins
« Reply #261 on: August 13, 2019, 10:56:32 am »

Bryant choosing them should have been enough of a wake up call to the Arkansas fanbase. 

The old gray mare ain't what she used to be.

Pork Twain

• Gold Hogvillian
  • aka Beopig
    • Facebook
« Reply #262 on: August 13, 2019, 10:59:03 am »

You can't just make up stuff to make you feel superior...  I am 43 and there is nothing about Arkansas football, in my life, that says Mizzou is beneath us.

Shorttimer

• Varsity
« Reply #263 on: August 13, 2019, 11:51:43 am »

You can't just make up stuff to make you feel superior...  I am 43 and there is nothing about Arkansas football, in my life, that says Mizzou is beneath us.
The image of Razorback football for a lot of people on this board was shaped by things that happened pre-SEC. For a period of 30 years--my formative years-- Hog football was big time.  Like you, many people have been poisoned by the last 30 years to think that Razorback football was never relevant.  That's just BS.  Even you are old enough to remember 1988.

It honestly explains much of the division on this board.  The decline in Hog football did not occur over a period of years.  Instead, it was precipitous.  Those whose image of Hog football was shaped prior to 1990 typically have a different view of how things can be than those who don't remember those times.  There are quite a few people on this board who view Bobby Petrino's tenure as the halcyon days of Razorback football, which is laughable.

Nothing I said in my post was made up.  From a historical standpoint, Arkansas has been relevant in the past, Missouri has not. That is the explanation I proffered for why I don't think it's a rivalry. 

The Kig

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Hogville Heroes
« Reply #264 on: August 13, 2019, 12:01:37 pm »

Just ignore it.

For the most part, this is what I do. 

Mizzou, quite similar to Arkansas, has sought respect/relevance ever since entering the league.  The fabricated rivalry between Arkansas and Missouri has more to do with full rivalry dance cards for other SEC teams than any real animosity between the two programs.  Regionally, we bump heads occasionally in recruiting, but that isn't enough to make a rivalry. 

The primary difference I see is Mizzou actually won the East twice and is still seeking validation.  Coming into the SEC, Arkansas had historically been a better program, but wasn't able to get it done with Dale or Petrino both having shots and have been one of the worst teams in the league since. 

Frankly, we aren't ANYONE'S rival right now and that will only change when we trade punches vs. just taking them.  We need to focus on winning our weak OOC and try to pick off a couple of SEC teams to get to a bowl.  We are improving and Missouri is one of the SEC teams that we have the potential to knock off. 

With it being the last regular season game, it has the potential to mean something for both teams in any given year... maybe over time people will have heard it long enough that they simply forget how much orchestration took place and voila', rivalry! 

99toLife

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Crazy Times Make Crazy people Crazier!!!!
« Reply #265 on: August 13, 2019, 12:05:12 pm »

The image of Razorback football for a lot of people on this board was shaped by things that happened pre-SEC. For a period of 30 years--my formative years-- Hog football was big time.  Like you, many people have been poisoned by the last 30 years to think that Razorback football was never relevant.  That's just BS.  Even you are old enough to remember 1988.

It honestly explains much of the division on this board.  The decline in Hog football did not occur over a period of years.  Instead, it was precipitous.  Those whose image of Hog football was shaped prior to 1990 typically have a different view of how things can be than those who don't remember those times.  There are quite a few people on this board who view Bobby Petrino's tenure as the halcyon days of Razorback football, which is laughable.

Nothing I said in my post was made up.  From a historical standpoint, Arkansas has been relevant in the past, Missouri has not. That is the explanation I proffered for why I don't think it's a rivalry.

Kansas will always be Missouri's rival...period

Success  see link

https://www.sbnation.com/a/2007-college-football-season/missouri-kansas

mizzouman

• Hogville.net
« Reply #266 on: August 13, 2019, 12:28:01 pm »

Depends on how far you go back.  Last 60, years?  Perhaps.  Last 20, not so much.  You can claim, if you go back to the 40's, that Army has a better program than Arkansas.  If you want to go back to the turn off last century, Harvard and Yale have better programs.  It's all how you churn the stats. 

My opinion is that a program is what it is based on the last 5 years or so.  No more than 7.  Recent history, you can go back probably within a generation, 20-25 years or so.  Historically, you can go back to the beginning of time.

Based on any conversation, that how I look at it, that, what are we talking about?  Current program, vs. recent history, vs. historically. 

mizzouman

• Hogville.net
« Reply #267 on: August 13, 2019, 12:29:28 pm »

For the most part, this is what I do. 

Mizzou, quite similar to Arkansas, has sought respect/relevance ever since entering the league.  The fabricated rivalry between Arkansas and Missouri has more to do with full rivalry dance cards for other SEC teams than any real animosity between the two programs.  Regionally, we bump heads occasionally in recruiting, but that isn't enough to make a rivalry. 

The primary difference I see is Mizzou actually won the East twice and is still seeking validation.  Coming into the SEC, Arkansas had historically been a better program, but wasn't able to get it done with Dale or Petrino both having shots and have been one of the worst teams in the league since. 

Frankly, we aren't ANYONE'S rival right now and that will only change when we trade punches vs. just taking them.  We need to focus on winning our weak OOC and try to pick off a couple of SEC teams to get to a bowl.  We are improving and Missouri is one of the SEC teams that we have the potential to knock off. 

With it being the last regular season game, it has the potential to mean something for both teams in any given year... maybe over time people will have heard it long enough that they simply forget how much orchestration took place and voila', rivalry! 
Great post.

factchecker

• RAZORBACKS OR NOTHING!
« Reply #268 on: August 13, 2019, 12:52:16 pm »

Mizzou has our number in football but good lord they can't build statues worth a darn -

compared to:

YellCountyHog21

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #269 on: August 13, 2019, 12:57:26 pm »

Why is it that Arkansas fans, at least on this board, feel that Arkansas is superior to Missouri in football?  What has Arkansas done in the last 20 years on the football field better than Mizzou?

tbqh I don't want mizzou to be a rival because that would be admitting that we're roughly equals.  I certainly understand that Mizzou has enjoyed far more success in recent years, but historically Arkansas is a better program.  Personally, I grew up in the time Arkansas was trading punches with LSU, and when Mallett and Tyler Wilson were throwing it all around the yard.  I've never thought Mizzou was a high caliber program.

No offense to Mizzou.  I will concede after frustrating losses lately, this is on the path to becoming a legitimate rivalry, whether us Razorback fans like it or not.

HogPharmer

• KCCO
« Reply #270 on: August 13, 2019, 01:01:44 pm »

Mizzou has our number in football but good lord they can't build statues worth a darn -

Do tigers have webbed feet? It looks like an evil catduck mixed with a frilled-neck lizard

99toLife

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #271 on: August 13, 2019, 01:04:07 pm »

Do tigers have webbed feet? It looks like an evil catduck.
Maybe it's a Wampus cat?

YellCountyHog21

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #272 on: August 13, 2019, 01:08:32 pm »

Do tigers have webbed feet? It looks like an evil catduck mixed with a frilled-neck lizard

They bought it at Hobby Lobby

Mike Irwin

« Reply #273 on: August 13, 2019, 02:07:27 pm »

Hmm.  6 pages worth of 'nothing to do Mizzou'.  I keep hearing that fans don't care anything about Mizzou yet there are many posts about Mizzou started by Hog fans.  If you don't care, that's fine, but don't post and respond about it multiple times by saying, don't want anything to do with Mizzou.  Just ignore it.
There is nothing more idiotic than a fan of one school hanging out on a fan board for another school and offering instructions on how to post. I got a great idea. Why don't you take your suggestions to a Mizzou board where people actually give a flip about Mizzou?

99toLife

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #274 on: August 13, 2019, 02:12:27 pm »

There is nothing more idiotic than a fan of one school hanging out on a fan board for another school and offering instructions on how to post. I got a great idea. Why don't you take your suggestions to a Mizzou board where people actually give a flip about Mizzou?

Mike you seem upset!     

mizzouman

• Hogville.net
« Reply #275 on: August 13, 2019, 02:24:59 pm »

Easy Mike.  You have no idea.  I'm actually a Razorback fan as well.  Been in this state for 31 years, minus a few 4 years in Michigan and a couple in IL and TN.  Probably a total of 25 years.  So, before you go on saying that I'm an idiot, which is pretty much what you are insinuating, I would suggest you get to know me.  Also, I have never personally attacked anyone on this board as you just did. 

MIZ2013

• Walk-On
« Reply #276 on: August 13, 2019, 02:28:10 pm »

tbqh I don't want mizzou to be a rival because that would be admitting that we're roughly equals.  I certainly understand that Mizzou has enjoyed far more success in recent years, but historically Arkansas is a better program.  Personally, I grew up in the time Arkansas was trading punches with LSU, and when Mallett and Tyler Wilson were throwing it all around the yard.  I've never thought Mizzou was a high caliber program.

No offense to Mizzou.  I will concede after frustrating losses lately, this is on the path to becoming a legitimate rivalry, whether us Razorback fans like it or not.
Between 2008-12 (the Tyler Wilson era), Arkansas won 38 games and Mizzou won 41. Just stirring the pot more!  ;D

East Clintwood

« Reply #277 on: August 13, 2019, 02:35:23 pm »

Of all the teams we play yearly, we have less history with Missouri than we do with any of the others.  That's not how rivalries are built.

Missouri is not a rivalry game and will not become one for many years, if ever.

99toLife

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #278 on: August 13, 2019, 02:40:27 pm »

Of all the teams we play yearly, we have less history with Missouri than we do with any of the others.  That's not how rivalries are built.

I agree it feels like a forced or arranged marriage... might work out in the long run, but uncomfortable........

Sweet Feet

• Hogvillian
« Reply #279 on: August 13, 2019, 02:48:32 pm »

Same reason hog fans still look down on Texas A&M: Living in the past. From the 80s to mid 2000s, Missouri was terrible. only 3 top 25 finishes in that timespan. All 3 no better than #20. Then Pinkel happened and from 2007 to 2014, he gave them 5 10-win seasons, 2 12win seasons, 2 SEC title appearances, and a few weeks at #1. 2007 and 2013. Had they won their conference title games, they arguably would've been in the national title game. Arkansas has yet to win 12 games, has 5 10-win seasons since 1977, and 2 outright divisional titles as an SEC team (Same as Mizzou in their first 3 years).

Times and conferences have changed now. Missouri is a decent SEC opponent most years, Texas A&M is going to be tough, TCU was an absolute joke back then but the past 15 years have treated them exceptionally well.

mizzouman

• Hogville.net
« Reply #280 on: August 13, 2019, 02:49:15 pm »

This is a true statement

Ex-Trumpet

• Gold Hogvillian
  • When life gives you lemons, get a boob job!
« Reply #281 on: August 13, 2019, 03:01:10 pm »

Easy Mike.  You have no idea.  I'm actually a Razorback fan as well.  Been in this state for 31 years, minus a few 4 years in Michigan and a couple in IL and TN.  Probably a total of 25 years.  So, before you go on saying that I'm an idiot, which is pretty much what you are insinuating, I would suggest you get to know me.  Also, I have never personally attacked anyone on this board as you just did. 

Apparently Mike cares enough about Mizzou--and you--to post about it!!

Personally, I'm glad you're on here; you've contributed more to this board than most.  [And I'd be willing to bet that Lanny and his advertisers are glad as well.]

Arkansas Fan

« Reply #282 on: August 13, 2019, 04:23:46 pm »

Between 2008-12 (the Tyler Wilson era), Arkansas won 38 games and Mizzou won 41. Just stirring the pot more!  ;D

It's apples to oranges. Arkansas and Missouri played different schedules while Arkansas had a new coach and an interim coach during that stretch. While Missouri had Gary Drinkel for years and played in the Big 12.

99toLife

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #283 on: August 13, 2019, 05:05:58 pm »

It's apples to oranges. Arkansas and Missouri played different schedules while Arkansas had a new coach and an interim coach during that stretch. While Missouri had Gary Drinkel for years and played in the Big 12.

Missouri has been to the SEC championship game twice, and we have not since 6 years before they got here...Let that sink in....

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
« Reply #284 on: August 13, 2019, 09:09:51 pm »

Bizzare to one is normal to others.  To each their own.  It's a matter of opinion and not fact.

The two programs at places least like any others in the SEC are Vandy and Mizzou. I'm not saying that is a bad thing. Just different. As I've said I do like Columbia fine but Mizzou is more Big 10ish or little 8 than SEC. When the SEC expanded the teams, programs and culture that were more SEC like from the little 12 were the Aggies, OU and OSU. That being said I have no problem with Mizzou being in the SEC. I do think however IF Clemson or VT would have been able to move the SEC would have taken one of them instead of Mizzou.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 09:21:52 pm by Inhogswetrust »

mizzouman

• Hogville.net
« Reply #285 on: August 13, 2019, 09:32:10 pm »

The two programs at places least like any others in the SEC are Vandy and Mizzou. I'm not saying that is a bad thing. Just different. As I've said I do like Columbia fine but Mizzou is more Big 10ish or little 8 than SEC. When the SEC expanded the teams, programs and culture that were more SEC like from the little 12 were the Aggies, OU and OSU. That being said I have no problem with Mizzou being in the SEC. I do think however IF Clemson or VT would have been able to move the SEC would have taken one of them instead of Mizzou.
I would agree. In fact, I would rather be in the Big 10 truth be told. But, this isnít about fitting in the SEC as much as being a rival. You can be rivals and in different conferences. However, we only have one element in a rivalry and that is proximity. The other elements may come in time. We will just have to see

Pork Twain

• Gold Hogvillian
  • aka Beopig
    • Facebook
« Reply #286 on: August 14, 2019, 06:22:16 am »

We only have one NC in football and even that one is disputed.  That is the made-up part I was referring too.  You might have thought they deserved it, but it is not ours to claim

twistitup

• Gold Hogvillian
  • #gigantedormido
« Reply #287 on: August 14, 2019, 07:04:21 am »

We only have one NC in football and even that one is disputed.  That is the made-up part I was referring too.  You might have thought they deserved it, but it is not ours to claim

But we can claim Johnny Cash

mizzouman

• Hogville.net
« Reply #288 on: August 14, 2019, 07:30:09 am »

But we can claim Johnny Cash
Glen Campbell?

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #289 on: August 14, 2019, 09:55:18 am »

mizzouman

• Hogville.net
« Reply #290 on: August 14, 2019, 10:56:56 am »

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #291 on: August 14, 2019, 11:40:04 am »

Missouri has been to the SEC championship game twice, and we have not since 6 years before they got here...Let that sink in....

West versus east.......enough said.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #292 on: August 14, 2019, 11:40:38 am »

Charlie Rich

I have relatives that knew him when he lived here. I also have a relative in the Country Music Hall of Fame. He had lived in Arkansas some but was from Texas.

99toLife

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #293 on: August 14, 2019, 11:42:30 am »

West versus east.......enough said.

True, but they went to the Big12 CG  3-4 times right before they got in the SEC.   They are no bottom feeder like some folks claim.   

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #294 on: August 14, 2019, 12:48:57 pm »

True, but they went to the Big12 CG  3-4 times right before they got in the SEC.   They are no bottom feeder like some folks claim.   

Almost all programs have gone through bottom feeder status at some point. You are correct though in that they are not a bottom feeder right now.

mizzouman

• Hogville.net
« Reply #295 on: August 14, 2019, 01:44:11 pm »

I have relatives that knew him when he lived here. I also have a relative in the Country Music Hall of Fame. He had lived in Arkansas some but was from Texas.
I thought he grew up in the Forest City area.  My bad.

Pat Goss

• Hogvillian
  • СДЕЛАТЬ АМЕРИКИ БОЛЬШОЙ СНОВА
« Reply #296 on: August 14, 2019, 03:09:32 pm »

When the Hogs can beat Fla and Tenn in the same year then we'll consider it a rivalry matchup

UnknownNobody

• Hey Crab Man!!!
« Reply #297 on: August 14, 2019, 03:30:09 pm »

But he was born in Colt, AR

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #298 on: August 14, 2019, 04:12:45 pm »

I thought he grew up in the Forest City area.  My bad.

But he was born in Colt, AR

Charlie Rich yes. He was born in Colt which is close to Forrest City. He attended Forrest City school. I was talking about my relative being from Texas but lived in Arkansas for that part of my post. That would be Lefty Frizzell.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 04:29:10 pm by Inhogswetrust »

Arkansas Fan

« Reply #299 on: August 14, 2019, 04:36:04 pm »

There is no "we," you're a Missouri fan.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas