• 10,328,830 Posts
• 408,901 Topics
• 23,358 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: E- Scooters/Ride Sharing  (Read 407 times)

widespreadsooie

E- Scooters/Ride Sharing
« on: November 16, 2018, 08:45:37 am »

Companies like Bird and Lime are gaining a lot of steam among younger adults and college students, especially in larger cities. Neither company is public yet, wouldn't be surprised to see Bird go public sooner than later. However Ford bought out a smaller, similar company called SPIN. Google's Alphabet also has stake in the new industry/market.

I see a lot of potential here, especially considering transportation's affect on a city. Could mean growth that may have otherwise been untapped. I can also see a downside to the tune of city/state regulations and safety concerns.

I'm curious if anyone else has looked into this and your thoughts.

McKdaddy

Re: E- Scooters/Ride Sharing
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2018, 04:18:58 pm »

They’ve seemingly taken over Tulsa the past month or so.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

H2OHog

• Bench Warmer
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2018, 03:15:37 am »

There is a new company called Cooter's Scooters (I think the name is awesome) that will be coming online in the next 180 days.  The difference is it is going to be a ride sharing program for very efficient small, 50cc to 150cc scooters.  Pricing will be very competitive as they are working with an Asian scooter manufacturer in a joint venture and a Silicon Valley giant.  They are also working on a subscription model that would allow discounted or almost extensive use applications for a higher rate.   

widespreadsooie

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2018, 09:43:10 am »

There is a new company called Cooter's Scooters (I think the name is awesome) that will be coming online in the next 180 days.  The difference is it is going to be a ride sharing program for very efficient small, 50cc to 150cc scooters.  Pricing will be very competitive as they are working with an Asian scooter manufacturer in a joint venture and a Silicon Valley giant.  They are also working on a subscription model that would allow discounted or almost extensive use applications for a higher rate.   

Interesting, thanks for the info.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas