• 10,569,433 Posts
• 416,062 Topics
• 23,902 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cowboys Respond  (Read 2642 times)

alohawg

Re: Cowboys Respond
« Reply #50 on: December 31, 2018, 11:41:03 pm »

I have little faith in Dak, less in Linehan and even less in Garrett. That said, if the Cowboys win any playoff games, it'll start and finish with defense which has easily been the strength of this team.
Go Cowboys!

Dr. Starcs

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Tell me what you don't like about yourself.
« Reply #51 on: January 01, 2019, 07:02:19 am »

The defense has actually been a liability since the saints game. That is more concerning to me.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

DeltaBoy

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I'm Un-Reconstructed. Sic semper tyrannis
« Reply #52 on: January 01, 2019, 12:22:38 pm »

How bout them Cowboys!

alohawg

« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2019, 01:49:18 pm »

Cowboys need to implement the New Orleans game plan on defense. Excellent breakdown here on why.

Dillar Dog

« Reply #54 on: January 02, 2019, 09:08:03 pm »

You got cliff notes on that?

alohawg

« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2019, 01:03:41 am »

No, sorry.

Pulled(PP)pork

« Reply #56 on: January 03, 2019, 03:51:41 am »

why do arkansas fans hate everything about texas, except for the cowboys?  bandwagon??

McKdaddy

« Reply #57 on: January 03, 2019, 06:47:23 am »

Dad became a fan as a kid shortly after they became an nfl team in ‘60. The Cowboys might have been the first NFL team in the “south”, certainly amongst the first. Not sure why he chose them over others, but that regionality might’ve been part of it. I was born in ‘73 and he raised me to be a fan. Supporting the Razorbacks and Cowboys has been amongst our bonds.

EastexHawg

« Reply #58 on: January 03, 2019, 10:22:30 am »

My dad moved from Arkansas to Texas.  I have been a Razorbacks and Cowboys fan from the time I was old enough to know what sports are.  That lasted for almost 50 years.

I figure half a century of loyalty is all I owe to any sports team.  I can't stand Jerry Jones.  It was bad enough that he transformed a Dallas franchise that was dominant for 30 years into a mediocre team that wins a playoff game once a decade, he then had to mess with my Razorbacks, too. 

On top of Jerry overrating his own football expertise instead of bringing in and relying on people who actually know what they are doing I have also been disgusted with him from a personal and character standpoint.  The way he handled Romo, as in refusing to release him when he decided to move on at quarterback (which was perfectly okay even if ill advised at the time) is just one example. 

I'm done as long as he's running the show.  I don't support people I despise no matter what logo is on their team's helmet.

Dr. Starcs

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #59 on: January 03, 2019, 01:49:47 pm »

The franchise that dominated for 30 years was pre-salary cap. That changed everything. But there are too many unrealistic fans out there that can objectively see that.

While it hasn’t translated into Super Bowls, the cowboys are by no means a franchise in disarray (as is the narrative by a lot people). In fact, they’ve drafted pretty darn well the last 5-8 years or so. They have the 10th best record in the league over the last 9 years. Maybe further back (I didn’t take the time to find that stat). It’s not the good ole days of the 70s and early 90s but the nfl is entirely different now.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 08:45:17 pm by Dr. Starcs »

HiggiePiggy

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Hope...
« Reply #60 on: January 03, 2019, 05:15:13 pm »

why do arkansas fans hate everything about texas, except for the cowboys?  bandwagon??

Because cowboys were championship team with a Arkansas graduate and the owner is a  Arkansas graduate.  So pretty much if Arkansas had the population that Texas has we would probably have the Cowboys here in Arkansas. 

alohawg

« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2019, 12:15:08 am »

Been following the Cowboys since 1971, the season they ended whipping Miami in the SB. I was hooked, still am, always will be I reckon. I try to chill, not care so much, but I still find myself hollering like a kid sometimes like last Sunday after Beasley caught that td and again after the Giants 4th down incompletion.
And....I'll be nervous Saturday hoping like heck for a win. What can I say but Go Cowboys!!!

Pulled(PP)pork

« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2019, 03:14:15 am »

Because cowboys were championship team with a Arkansas graduate and the owner is a  Arkansas graduate.  So pretty much if Arkansas had the population that Texas has we would probably have the Cowboys here in Arkansas.
don't think thats it, this transcends those two.  this was even during the Landry era.

EastexHawg

« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2019, 09:56:36 am »

don't think thats it, this transcends those two.  this was even during the Landry era.

I was a Cowboys fan before Lance Alworth came over from the Chargers, back in the Don Meredith and Don Perkins days.  It had nothing to do with Arkansas ties.  The Cowboys were a budding dynasty, nearly knocking off Lombardi's Packers in games that could have put them in the first two Super Bowls.

311Hog

« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2019, 10:00:13 am »

oh i hate the cowgirls to heh =)

Pulled(PP)pork

« Reply #65 on: January 05, 2019, 12:18:51 am »

oh i hate the cowgirls to heh =)
I remember as a youngster, living in Fresno, when they performed at halftime of a home football game.  It was pouring rain, but they still performed. 

goodguytex

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #66 on: January 06, 2019, 01:20:16 pm »

I don't hate everything about the state of Texas. I hate University of texass and their arrogant, stuck up, cocky fans... Many of whom have been in full stupid mode since they beat Georgia.

Their fans are perfect examples of what an arrogant bastard is. When their fans go openly gloating over Arkansas getting beat by north Texas, and calling the Hogs stupid idiots Arkansas uneducated children because Arkansas got fooled by the fake fair catch in that game and ran it back for a TD, yeah, I get an attitude towards their fans.

The rest of the state are mostly good, hardworking, laid back people. Some of which are members of my family. But the UT fans.... I hope Herman gets an NFL job or something. Those goobers need to be brought back down to the bowels of the slime pit they crawled out of. And the Dallas cowboys are owned by an Arkansas Razorback. They were my favorite team in pro sports from the day I was old enough to be a fan of a team. I'm every bit as much a cowboys fan as I am a Razorback fan. That will never change.

razorbacker3

« Reply #67 on: January 06, 2019, 03:05:02 pm »

Most home-grown Texans don't claim Dallas as part of Texas anyway.

WooPig90

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #68 on: January 07, 2019, 03:38:00 pm »

Good performance yesterday, although against a 5-11 team that has found a way to lose all year (see failure to close out the game with second and inches within the last three minutes and ball on the Cowboys 10 yard line).

This will be another one and done year.  The Seahawks will come into Jerry World as a wild card and bounce Dallas. They aren't the Giants, they aren't the Bucs, and they aren't the Redskins.  No team contending for a playoff spot has had an easier schedule than the Cowboys.

That's the way I see it.

Lol. Glad you saw it wrong

McKdaddy

« Reply #69 on: January 08, 2019, 06:26:33 am »

o/u 42.5% Cowboy fans at the Coliseum Saturday night?

Dr. Starcs

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #70 on: January 08, 2019, 08:04:38 am »

Gotta go over for sure on that one. Lol

DeltaBoy

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I'm Un-Reconstructed. Sic semper tyrannis
« Reply #71 on: January 10, 2019, 02:00:19 pm »

We became Cowboy fans when US NAVY VET Roger Staubach became QB cause my 1936 Great Lakes Grad and 25 year US Navy CPO my Grandfather decree it .

Dr. Starcs

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #72 on: January 11, 2019, 04:49:27 pm »

Pro Football Focus put this out today that Dak is the 3rd highest rated qb in the league when under pressure.

Dr. Starcs

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #73 on: January 12, 2019, 08:12:37 pm »

Meanwhile that doomsday cowboy defense that everyone was touting....

ChicoHog

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • RIP Glenn. You're "Already Gone" way too soon
« Reply #74 on: January 12, 2019, 08:53:26 pm »

Pro Football Focus put this out today that Dak is the 3rd highest rated qb in the league when under pressure.
Surprising stat!  He seems to not be very accurate but he is good at avoiding the rush so maybe that helps him. 

As a Rams fan growing up I hated Cowboys because they beat the Rams in the playoffs in the 70's many times.  Same with the Vikings and Fran Tarkenton.  That guy drove me nuts scrambling around.   

McKdaddy

« Reply #75 on: January 13, 2019, 08:14:13 am »

Are they going to keep call themselves the hotboyz?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas