• 10,653,178 Posts
• 417,622 Topics
• 24,470 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Go Red Sox  (Read 4108 times)

GolfNut57

Re: Go Red Sox
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2018, 12:48:07 pm »

What a game!!!
AB just saved the game.

Benny Baseball just bailed out Kimbrel!

Reddick made a great catch to rob Betts and Boston of the runs that would have locked up the game. Benintendi made a great catch to lock up the game. Along with bailing out Kimbrel and Cora.

David†

« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2018, 04:50:15 pm »

Just my opinion here but the call was blown. Based on the replays Betts definitely reached into the stands after the ball. Once the ball crosses the fence the fans are allowed to "make a play" for it. The only thing here though is that they can NOT interfere with the players glove and replays also clearly showed Betts glove being impeded from what was going to be a great catch. (I'm of the opinion Betts would have caught the ball) Were I the umpire I would have ruled it as a ground rule double. NO homerun but NO out either.

We'll just have to disagree on this one.  No pictures or video that I have seen showed Betts definitely in the stands. MLB network did a great illustration on it .

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

HogFansReunited

• AKA HogFansReunited
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • USN AW2
« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2018, 08:31:00 pm »

Just my opinion here but the call was blown. Based on the replays Betts definitely reached into the stands after the ball. Once the ball crosses the fence the fans are allowed to "make a play" for it. The only thing here though is that they can NOT interfere with the players glove and replays also clearly showed Betts glove being impeded from what was going to be a great catch. (I'm of the opinion Betts would have caught the ball) Were I the umpire I would have ruled it as a ground rule double. NO homerun but NO out either.

IMO the call was correct. No angle showed the ball over the fence but it looked like the ball was going to land in Bett’s glove. No one can guarantee he would have made the play but it sure looked like it would have been caught.

HogFansReunited

• AKA HogFansReunited
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • USN AW2
« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2018, 08:31:46 pm »

It’s going to suck rooting against Beni and the Sox if they advance and the Dodgers advance.

David†

« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2018, 08:54:25 pm »

Must wake up bats!!

Rudy Baylor

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Striking fear into Hogville one bobble at a time
« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2018, 09:18:49 pm »

David†

« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2018, 09:19:17 pm »

Devers!!!!!!

You never know who it's gonna be with this team.

David†

« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2018, 10:44:37 pm »

World Series Baby!!!!

hoglady

« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2018, 10:51:51 pm »

Redemption for David Price.
I've never been a fan of his - but I saw how excited he was last night when Bennie made the great catch.
He told Cora after the game he wanted the ball tonight.
Guess he corralled his post season demons - what a great pitching display he put on.

Kimbrel looked much, much better.

Go Sox - sure wish they were going to play close enough to make a game.
(I made one of the games in St. Louis in 2013 and what a thrill to see a World Series game)

hoglady

« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2018, 10:53:57 pm »

Reddick made a great catch to rob Betts and Boston of the runs that would have locked up the game. Benintendi made a great catch to lock up the game. Along with bailing out Kimbrel and Cora.

Yes - last night's game was one of my favorite ever post season games.
The defensive gems by both teams were something to behold.
And Bregman is unbelievably good at 3rd base.

GolfNut57

« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2018, 11:02:04 pm »

YES!!!!!!!!!! WHAT A GREAT GAME AND Beni finished it off just like last night with catching the final out!

GolfNut57

« Reply #61 on: October 18, 2018, 11:03:09 pm »

Btw, did anyone happen to see this clip of Papi after Bradley's grand slam? hahahhaha

https://www.mlb.com/cut4/david-ortiz-reacts-to-jackie-bradley-jr-grand-slam/c-297974806

hoglady

« Reply #62 on: October 18, 2018, 11:08:57 pm »

Btw, did anyone happen to see this clip of Papi after Bradley's grand slam? hahahhaha

https://www.mlb.com/cut4/david-ortiz-reacts-to-jackie-bradley-jr-grand-slam/c-297974806

That was great - I had not seen that.

David†

« Reply #63 on: October 18, 2018, 11:14:57 pm »

That was almost exactly my same reaction.

GolfNut57

« Reply #64 on: October 18, 2018, 11:22:24 pm »

That was great - I had not seen that.

Did you check out both clips? lol...........the lower one is even funnier

HogFansReunited

• AKA HogFansReunited
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • USN AW2
« Reply #65 on: October 18, 2018, 11:25:20 pm »

I’m shocked my wife doesn’t have a hidden camera set up to watch me during games. I will be jumping up and down, waving runners around third and who knows what other antics. My pit bull hides when I watch baseball. Guess she gets nervous cause I am so tense and overly animated.

David†

« Reply #66 on: October 18, 2018, 11:27:26 pm »

Just 1 popped up on my phone.  he was jumping up and down, hugged Frank Thomas. it was great

GolfNut57

« Reply #67 on: October 18, 2018, 11:34:44 pm »

I’m shocked my wife doesn’t have a hidden camera set up to watch me during games. I will be jumping up and down, waving runners around third and who knows what other antics. My pit bull hides when I watch baseball. Guess she gets nervous cause I am so tense and overly animated.

Her nervousness around you might have something to do with her being female....... ;)

GolfNut57

« Reply #68 on: October 23, 2018, 11:10:31 pm »

And it was another good night for Beni baseball as he went 4-5 and Boston wins game 1 of the WS 8-4.

hoglady

« Reply #69 on: October 23, 2018, 11:23:19 pm »

AB has turned into a real pro.

Handles the limelight and interviews with ease.

David†

« Reply #70 on: October 24, 2018, 06:54:04 am »

so humble in that interview.

3-3 off Kershaw. I would have been beside myself. Not Benny. "I got lucky"

Can Cora make a bad decision? Pinch hit Nunie for Devers (who's been hot) unbelievable

hoglady

« Reply #71 on: October 24, 2018, 08:17:37 am »

so humble in that interview.

3-3 off Kershaw. I would have been beside myself. Not Benny. "I got lucky"

Can Cora make a bad decision? Pinch hit Nunie for Devers (who's been hot) unbelievable

I was on my couch second guessing Cora on that move - of course until Nunez hit the homer.

GolfNut57

« Reply #72 on: October 24, 2018, 10:42:47 am »

I was on my couch second guessing Cora on that move - of course until Nunez hit the homer.

Well Cora does continue to start Kinsler over Holt.......so yeah I would call that a bad decision.  :)

David†

« Reply #73 on: October 24, 2018, 02:24:46 pm »

I gotta feeling we are gonna see Betts at 2nd base when they go to LA. J.D. in right field

HogFansReunited

• AKA HogFansReunited
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • USN AW2
« Reply #74 on: October 24, 2018, 03:11:53 pm »

I gotta feeling we are gonna see Betts at 2nd base when they go to LA. J.D. in right field

That’s what most people seem to think.

GolfNut57

« Reply #75 on: October 24, 2018, 03:26:40 pm »

We better. Cora would be dumb to not have both of them in the lineup at the same time.

Tejano Jawg

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Take a deep breath...
« Reply #76 on: October 24, 2018, 09:18:54 pm »

Sox just took the lead. They are amazing with 2 outs.

Benintendi keeps rocking. Several records last night going 4 for 5 with 3 runs.

David†

« Reply #77 on: October 24, 2018, 10:56:59 pm »

price was great. Kelly, Eovaldi and Kimbrel were phenomenal out of the pen tonight. Pitching won this game. Hopefully warm weather will get the bats going again.

GolfNut57

« Reply #78 on: October 24, 2018, 11:28:45 pm »

price was great. Kelly, Eovaldi and Kimbrel were phenomenal out of the pen tonight. Pitching won this game. Hopefully warm weather will get the bats going again.

Bats are doing fine as it is. 8 runs scored last night and 5 of them off of Kershaw alone.

Meanwhile..........9 wins down and 2 more to claim their ninth WS title.

HogFansReunited

• AKA HogFansReunited
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • USN AW2
« Reply #79 on: October 25, 2018, 12:32:18 am »

Awful nice of Roberts to make completely idiotic pitching decisions again tonight. This loss is squarely on him and so was last night for pulling Baez when he was absolutely owning folks.

HogFansReunited

• AKA HogFansReunited
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • USN AW2
« Reply #80 on: October 25, 2018, 12:33:54 am »

I’m well beyond pissed. I am actively trying to get Roberts fired.  I’m a nobody with connections to a few people. 

David†

« Reply #81 on: October 25, 2018, 07:01:29 am »

I’m well beyond pissed. I am actively trying to get Roberts fired.  I’m a nobody with connections to a few people. 

He's a BoSox fan.

David†

« Reply #82 on: October 25, 2018, 08:51:26 am »

Bats are doing fine as it is. 8 runs scored last night and 5 of them off of Kershaw alone.

Meanwhile..........9 wins down and 2 more to claim their ninth WS title.

for this team the 4 runs last night was a slow night :)

hoglady

« Reply #83 on: October 25, 2018, 09:58:39 am »

I was worried before the postseason about the Sox middle relief pitching.
They've been great and Cora's decision to use a starter for an inning late in the game has paid off.

David†

« Reply #84 on: October 25, 2018, 10:12:47 am »

I was worried before the postseason about the Sox middle relief pitching.

They've been over performing for sure. I keep waiting on the Matt Barnes implosion. Kelly has been impressive, finally pitching to his expectations. I've noticed Cora stayed away from Hembree and Workman(now out of lineup).

GolfNut57

« Reply #85 on: October 25, 2018, 11:07:09 am »

for this team the 4 runs last night was a slow night :)

Well they can't score 8 runs EVERY night.  ;)

They've been over performing for sure. I keep waiting on the Matt Barnes implosion. Kelly has been impressive, finally pitching to his expectations. I've noticed Cora stayed away from Hembree and Workman(now out of lineup).

Workman isn't even on the WS roster now. He had the one appearance in the LDS? Or maybe it was early in the LCS and flat out stunk. But good news is he was replaced not by Stephen Wright, which would have been the smart choice, but instead by Drew Pomeranz. Who it so happens stinks just as bad.

GolfNut57

« Reply #86 on: October 25, 2018, 11:09:26 am »

Two wins away from me buying another Boston Red Sox WS Champions T-shirt to go along with the ones from 2004, 2007, and 2013.  8)

David†

« Reply #87 on: October 25, 2018, 12:40:50 pm »

it's too early for this, but still funny.  hopefully won't come back to bite me

David†

« Reply #88 on: October 26, 2018, 04:17:00 pm »

word is that  Benny is riding pine tonight. That surprised me, but Cora knows his team better than I do.

GolfNut57

« Reply #89 on: October 26, 2018, 04:26:25 pm »

word is that  Benny is riding pine tonight. That surprised me, but Cora knows his team better than I do.

Wow.......I sure thought it would be JD on the bench tonight since he has a tender ankle. Instead Cora is using him in LF while Betts stays in RF and Holt is playing 2nd base. Cora is playing with fire here imo. We can NOT afford to lose JD to an injury tonight and risk losing him for the rest of the series. I guess Cora is trying to go for the throat tonight and put LA down 3-0 in the series, which would make a comeback by them highly unlikely. Only ONE team has ever overcome a 3-0 deficit in a post season 7 game series and ended up winning that series. And we all know WHO that team was.  ;)

David†

« Reply #90 on: October 26, 2018, 04:44:44 pm »

definitely not the move I would have made. but then again I wouldn't have pinch hit Nunez for Devers the other night either.

Cora has had the "go for the jugular" mentality all season. I hope this pays off.

Maybe he's thinking with the righty Porcello on the mound that Roberts is gonna have an all lefty lineup and JD won't see much action in left  😉

hoglady

« Reply #91 on: October 26, 2018, 05:05:30 pm »

Someone has to sit. Can't be Betts.
If Martinez has a tender ankle - certainly can't sit JBJ (he can cover too much ground).

As I said in the other thread - more surprising to me is Moreland batting in the 3rd hole.
I guess his hamstring is better.

GolfNut57

« Reply #92 on: October 26, 2018, 05:41:48 pm »

definitely not the move I would have made. but then again I wouldn't have pinch hit Nunez for Devers the other night either.

Cora has had the "go for the jugular" mentality all season. I hope this pays off.

Maybe he's thinking with the righty Porcello on the mound that Roberts is gonna have an all lefty lineup and JD won't see much action in left  😉

The lineup I saw posted for the LAD's has three lefties batting in the #1,3, and 5 holes, plus a switch hitter

David†

« Reply #93 on: October 26, 2018, 08:04:16 pm »

JBJ leaves 15 minutes early on a steal, Vasqy gets a single on a ball that rolls to wall. JBJ might have scored, but definitely should have been 2 on 2 out with pretty ricky bunting.

can't make base running errors like that in the world series

hoglady

« Reply #94 on: October 26, 2018, 08:44:02 pm »

I figure they are rotating JBJ and Benny.

JBJ plays tonight and Benny plays tomorrow.

David†

« Reply #95 on: October 26, 2018, 09:31:22 pm »

Rubber arm Buehler. Sox look lost at the plate.

hoglady

« Reply #96 on: October 26, 2018, 09:49:35 pm »

JBJ!!  JBJ!!

David†

« Reply #97 on: October 26, 2018, 10:38:18 pm »

JBJ smiled on that Bellinger rundown.

David†

« Reply #98 on: October 26, 2018, 10:39:09 pm »

Cora going "all in" again with Kimbrel

hoglady

« Reply #99 on: October 27, 2018, 01:59:34 am »

Good Lord - this is going to be a costly loss for the Sox - if they can't figure out how to get some runs.
Eovaldi has now thrown 70+ pitches.
Puts Boston in bad shape for Game 4.

Cora scewed up pinch hitting Benintendi in the 9th.
No Benny, no JD, no Devers for most of the extra innings.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas