• 10,398,181 Posts
• 411,007 Topics
• 23,491 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 74   Go Down

Author Topic: All Things Kelly Bryant MERGED ó No New Threads  (Read 197995 times)

TuCanSam

• Varsity
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Re: Kelly Bryant Threads**Merged**
« Reply #950 on: November 12, 2018, 01:43:37 pm »

He is set to go to Miami this weekend. I think thatís his fifth and final OV. Correct me if Iím wrong. (Lookin at you ricepig haha) or Otis

HogPharmer

« Reply #951 on: November 12, 2018, 01:52:54 pm »

He is set to go to Miami this weekend. I think thatís his fifth and final OV. Correct me if Iím wrong. (Lookin at you ricepig haha) or Otis

I thought he was going to be in Starkvegas visiting Ms. State for our game with them?

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

hogsanity

• Gold Hogvillian
  • You like my stripes, I know you do.
« Reply #952 on: November 12, 2018, 01:55:37 pm »

Still see this as fools gold. So he comes for 1 seasons, a season in which they are just getting their 1st real recruiting class as FR, a season still with a patchwork OL, and losing alot of the experience they do have on D. I'd rather see them bring in 2 or 3 grad transfer OL players.

HogPharmer

« Reply #953 on: November 12, 2018, 01:57:44 pm »

Still see this as fools gold. So he comes for 1 seasons, a season in which they are just getting their 1st real recruiting class as FR, a season still with a patchwork OL, and losing alot of the experience they do have on D. I'd rather see them bring in 2 or 3 grad transfer OL players.

Why can't they do both?

TuCanSam

• Varsity
« Reply #954 on: November 12, 2018, 02:01:44 pm »

I thought he was going to be in Starkvegas visiting Ms. State for our game with them?
I stand corrected. Miss st. This weekend and i read he will be going to Miami so Iím assuming in 2 weeks

hawganatic

• Hogvillian
« Reply #955 on: November 12, 2018, 02:10:49 pm »

So it isn't possible to bring Kelly in, and 2 or 3 grad transfer OL players?  I'm confused...

Morris's offense is predicated on having a playmaker at QB.  We don't have that.  Getting Kelly in will give Morris the opp to showcase his full offense, which will help in recruiting the following year.

He can't show what he does with what we have now.

HogPharmer

« Reply #956 on: November 12, 2018, 02:15:04 pm »

So it isn't possible to bring Kelly in, and 2 or 3 grad transfer OL players?  I'm confused...

Morris's offense is predicated on having a playmaker at QB.  We don't have that.  Getting Kelly in will give Morris the opp to showcase his full offense, which will help in recruiting the following year.

He can't show what he does with what we have now.

He has spent all morning arguing with another poster about how we do not have the talent to win in the SECw, yet doesn't like the prospect of bringing in a great QB that already knows how to run this system... I truly do not understand that logic. IF KB comes here, I'm not saying we're going to set the world on fire next year, but after this year and seeing how big of a deficit we have talent-wise, why would anyone NOT want a good (better than what we have now), experienced QB to come here and play next year? Who cares if it's only for one season?!

hogsanity

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #957 on: November 12, 2018, 02:25:38 pm »

He has spent all morning arguing with another poster about how we do not have the talent to win in the SECw, yet doesn't like the prospect of bringing in a great QB that already knows how to run this system... I truly do not understand that logic. IF KB comes here, I'm not saying we're going to set the world on fire next year, but after this year and seeing how big of a deficit we have talent-wise, why would anyone NOT want a good (better than what we have now), experienced QB to come here and play next year? Who cares if it's only for one season?!

Because then for 2020 we are back to having little to no game experience at QB. Lets assume for a minute KB does come and does play next year. What do they have Qb in 2020? Connor Noland and KJ Jefferson ( assuming both are still here come 2020 ).  Why would you not rather play them both next year so at least one of them is ready for 2020 with a ton of game experience?

PorkRyan

« Reply #958 on: November 12, 2018, 02:29:25 pm »

Because then for 2020 we are back to having little to no game experience at QB. Lets assume for a minute KB does come and does play next year. What do they have Qb in 2020? Connor Noland and KJ Jefferson ( assuming both are still here come 2020 ).  Why would you not rather play them both next year so at least one of them is ready for 2020 with a ton of game experience?

Who cares about game experience?  They are going to have a year to develop while KB speeds up the turnaround.  Morris can't afford to throw a Freshman out there next year and go 3-9. 

HogPharmer

« Reply #959 on: November 12, 2018, 02:31:34 pm »

You're assuming KJ will automatically come in and start next season over Storey. That's not a given. So you're still likely left with the same scenario for 2020. CM has to win some games next year. More than 2. It's one thing to just build for the future in year 1, but you can't sacrifice all of year 2 also just to build your program. And by sacrifice, I mean sacrifice by benching "talent" (yes, I am using that word very loosely) and the experience THAT GIVES YOU THE BEST CHANCE TO WIN GAMES simply to get your guy with more potential more reps. 

hogsanity

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #960 on: November 12, 2018, 02:32:05 pm »

Who cares about game experience?  They are going to have a year to develop while KB speeds up the turnaround.  Morris can't afford to throw a Freshman out there next year and go 3-9. 

So game experience does not matter, but he cant afford to throw a fr out there next year with little game experience and go 3-9. Well then whats he going to do in 2020, throw a rs fr out there and let his 2nd game be in South Bend against ND?

HogPharmer

« Reply #961 on: November 12, 2018, 02:34:22 pm »

So game experience does not matter, but he cant afford to throw a fr out there next year with little game experience and go 3-9. Well then whats he going to do in 2020, throw a rs fr out there and let his 2nd game be in South Bend against ND?

If KB were to come here next year, one would think (and hope) that we could maybe put some games away early enough with him to get some valuable second half reps with our QB of the future (whoever that may be). And it would also be good to have KB here to teach and mentor KJ or CN.  2 birds.

Dwight_K_Shrute

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Follow @fakewallyhall.
    • Missing your favorite thread?  It's probably in Vents and Rumors
« Reply #962 on: November 12, 2018, 02:38:37 pm »

If KB were to come here next year, one would think (and hope) that we could maybe put some games away early enough with him to get some valuable second half reps with our QB of the future (whoever that may be). And it would also be good to have KB here to teach and mentor KJ or CN.  2 birds.

Yeah after the way this season will most likely end you can't play for 2020.  Play to get as many wins as possible in 2019 while at the same time bringing guys along.  The new RS rule will help a guy like KJ get valuable PT without sacrificing a year of eligibility.

hogsanity

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #963 on: November 12, 2018, 02:41:06 pm »

Yeah after the way this season will most likely end you can't play for 2020.  Play to get as many wins as possible in 2019 while at the same time bringing guys along.  The new RS rule will help a guy like KJ get valuable PT without sacrificing a year of eligibility.

How is he going to get " valuable playing time " if he is only in mop up time? That is like saying JSJ  & Dalton Hyatt got valuable playing time this year by playing in the NT debacle.

HogPharmer

« Reply #964 on: November 12, 2018, 02:45:24 pm »

I think by 2020, you have to hope and begin to count on your receivers that will be here next year to help your QB out. Right now, it's a perfect storm of sub-par O-line play, mediocre QB play, and receivers that can't get separation. They all work together to equal one big ball of suck. These star receivers are going to have to come in and prove their merit. If they are as good as their star ratings are and are developed appropriately (still to be seen/proven by this coaching staff, not arguing that), they should ease the transition of a QB in 2020. But if there was a year of sacrificing wins for development/growth, it was this year. You can't do that again next season.

HogPharmer

« Reply #965 on: November 12, 2018, 02:45:56 pm »

How is he going to get " valuable playing time " if he is only in mop up time? That is like saying JSJ  & Dalton Hyatt got valuable playing time this year by playing in the NT debacle.

Has Jalen Hurts gotten any quality playing time this year?

mizzouman

« Reply #966 on: November 12, 2018, 04:04:25 pm »

MSST, Auburn and Miami.  Decision on Dec 4

hogsanity

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #967 on: November 12, 2018, 04:09:12 pm »

Has Jalen Hurts gotten any quality playing time this year?

Jalen Hurts started over 25 games as a FR/Soph including a SECCG and 2 NC games.

HogPharmer

« Reply #968 on: November 12, 2018, 04:11:58 pm »

Jalen Hurts started over 25 games as a FR/Soph including a SECCG and 2 NC games.

That wasn't my question or my point. Has Jalen Hurts gotten any quality PT this year? Yes or No?

hogsanity

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #969 on: November 12, 2018, 04:14:09 pm »

That wasn't my question or my point. Has Jalen Hurts gotten any quality PT this year? Yes or No?

Nope.

But he has more play in NCG's than any Hogs QB will have in non-mop up time come 2020 if KB is here next year.

HogPharmer

« Reply #970 on: November 12, 2018, 04:43:55 pm »

Nope.

But he has more play in NCG's than any Hogs QB will have in non-mop up time come 2020 if KB is here next year.

All I wanted was a yes or no answer. You and I can agree to disagree on this one.

jbcarol

Re: Re: 2018-19 College Football Transfers, Rumors, and Packed Bags
« Reply #971 on: November 12, 2018, 05:03:48 pm »

Eli Lederman
‏@ByEliLederman
 3h3 hours ago

Per @RivalsWoody, former Clemson quarterback Kelly Bryant is set to make his final official visit to Miami on Nov. 24, and will announce his commitment on Dec. 4. Bryant made an official visit to Missouri on Oct. 27.

jbcarol

Re: Re: 2018-19 College Football Transfers, Rumors, and Packed Bags
« Reply #972 on: November 12, 2018, 05:08:49 pm »

Kelly Bryant sets three more visits, decision date

Former Clemson quarterback Kelly Bryant has scheduled his final three visits, as well as his decision date.

Bryant will take an official visit to Mississippi State this weekend before making trips to Auburn and Miami in the next couple of weeks, according to a source close to Bryant.

Bryant will make his decision on Dec. 4, the source said.

Bryant has previously made trips to Missouri, Arkansas, North Carolina and Auburn.

Pigstie

« Reply #973 on: November 12, 2018, 07:27:48 pm »

Are we recruiting KB the same way as any other recruit? Meaning are we contacting him every day? I don't hear any updates on the stations about an updated conversation or a crystal ball prediction. ??

ricepig

« Reply #974 on: November 12, 2018, 07:31:09 pm »

Are we recruiting KB the same way as any other recruit? Meaning are we contacting him every day? I don't hear any updates on the stations about an updated conversation or a crystal ball prediction. ??

I don't think they make predictions on transfers. I'm sure they are communicating as much as they are allowed, one thing this staff does do is recruit relentlessly.

rzrbk4life

« Reply #975 on: November 12, 2018, 07:41:26 pm »

I don't think they make predictions on transfers. I'm sure they are communicating as much as they are allowed, one thing this staff does do is recruit relentlessly.

And you see their work showing up in this recruiting class. At AR you have to be devoted to recruiting because we donít have the population or popularity to just pull kids in like the big programs.

CCM is proving it can be done here and I think heís just getting started

Dr. Starcs

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Tell me what you don't like about yourself.
« Reply #976 on: November 12, 2018, 08:15:08 pm »

Closing the deal on KB would be a huge step for CCM.

After talking to St Gus and Jarrett Stidham, Todd Blackledge seems to think heíll end up at Auburn. ($$$)

hogsanity

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #977 on: November 12, 2018, 09:26:22 pm »

Closing the deal on KB would be a huge step for CCM.

After talking to St Gus and Jarrett Stidham, Todd Blackledge seems to think heíll end up at Auburn. ($$$)

Thats right, forgot the only reaaon any player chooses a school ovwr the hogs is $$$$.

Hmm, wonder how Arkansas, not a traditionally hig level recruiting program, is suddenly getting all these recruits. Remeber what Hog fans said about Old misses suddenly recruiting way above normal?

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Woo Pig Sooie, brotha!
« Reply #978 on: November 12, 2018, 09:35:34 pm »

Thats right, forgot the only reaaon any player chooses a school ovwr the hogs is $$$$.

Hmm, wonder how Arkansas, not a traditionally hig level recruiting program, is suddenly getting all these recruits. Remeber what Hog fans said about Old misses suddenly recruiting way above normal?
That would be the first commitment we've had to winning in a long time if we started paying recruits.

Deep Shoat

• The Artist formerly known as Hong Kong Sooey
« Reply #979 on: November 12, 2018, 10:08:43 pm »

Talked to someone very close to the situation today.  The staff still feels like we have a great chance of getting Bryant.

• Woo Pig Sooie, brotha!
« Reply #980 on: November 12, 2018, 10:16:05 pm »

Talked to someone very close to the situation today.  The staff still feels like we have a great chance of getting Bryant.
Any idea when he's going to make/announce his decision?

Deep Shoat

• The Artist formerly known as Hong Kong Sooey
« Reply #981 on: November 12, 2018, 10:19:56 pm »

Any idea when he's going to make/announce his decision?
December 4th

InHognito

« Reply #982 on: November 12, 2018, 10:54:59 pm »

December 4th

Not good. The quicker the better, IMO. The longer he waits the more the opportunity for the Auburn check to clear the bank

mckinneyhog5

« Reply #983 on: November 12, 2018, 11:50:24 pm »

You're assuming KJ will automatically come in and start next season over Storey. That's not a given. So you're still likely left with the same scenario for 2020. CM has to win some games next year. More than 2. It's one thing to just build for the future in year 1, but you can't sacrifice all of year 2 also just to build your program. And by sacrifice, I mean sacrifice by benching "talent" (yes, I am using that word very loosely) and the experience THAT GIVES YOU THE BEST CHANCE TO WIN GAMES simply to get your guy with more potential more reps. 
Exactly, Morris has run out of time tinkering with lineups and getting freshman reps. Next year he had better get it all worked out before we hit the field in September because he needs wins, wins, and more wins. If for any other reason then to change the mentality around the program.  College Football isn't a long game anymore. If KB coming in gives us the best chance at wins, then get him here and on the field. We'll worry about 2020 when it gets here.

LRHawg

• All-American Hogvillian
  • This too shall pass
« Reply #984 on: November 13, 2018, 12:29:08 am »

GUs will shove stidham out the door if it means he can land Bryant. Heíll promise him anything to come there.

Nipsey Mussle

• My English Mastiff and #1 Hog fan, Maizy
« Reply #985 on: November 13, 2018, 12:35:27 am »

So...the discussion is about whether we should want KB to come here, rather than discussing whether he will come here? Only on Hogville...Yes, crazy notion but we should absolutely take KB if he is so inclined to come here... Moving on, anyone wager a guess on our realistic chances to land him?

Arkansas Hog in Dallas

« Reply #986 on: November 13, 2018, 02:43:42 am »

The difference is, OM definitely was paying players

MissippHog

« Reply #987 on: November 13, 2018, 03:03:03 am »

I'll give you credit hogsanity, you believe in what you believe in and it's dang near impossible to change your mind.

#NeverYield

LZH

« Reply #988 on: November 13, 2018, 06:46:51 am »

Santa Claus never came to your house as a kid, did he?

MissippHog

« Reply #989 on: November 13, 2018, 07:00:58 am »

Santa Claus never came to your house as a kid, did he?
Word is, Santa did indeed go see a young hogsanity.  But only for 1 Christmas, which explains his hang-up with KB. 

TNhawgfan

• Jimmy G - A New Hope!
« Reply #990 on: November 13, 2018, 07:44:58 am »

And there is a poster on the recruiting forum who said he talked to someone very close to the situation Saturday, and he heard the staff doesn't think they'll get KB because of the lack of talent that would be around him. About right for hogville - everyone has a secret source and no one really knows squat

hogsanity

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #991 on: November 13, 2018, 09:52:33 am »

So...the discussion is about whether we should want KB to come here, rather than discussing whether he will come here? Only on Hogville...Yes, crazy notion but we should absolutely take KB if he is so inclined to come here... Moving on, anyone wager a guess on our realistic chances to land him?

If he comes here, fine, I just do not see it as a program saving move, nor do I think it is going to help the program down the line.

What it does how me is that the staff is not impressed with any QB on campus, not do they think KJ will be anywhere near ready to play next year (which goes along with what people in MS say about him, raw talent that needs a ton of work ).

HogPharmer

« Reply #992 on: November 13, 2018, 10:00:42 am »

If he comes here, fine, I just do not see it as a program saving move, nor do I think it is going to help the program down the line.

What it does how me is that the staff is not impressed with any QB on campus, not do they think KJ will be anywhere near ready to play next year (which goes along with what people in MS say about him, raw talent that needs a ton of work ).

You just laid out exactly why we need KB.... I don't think anyone really thinks he would be a savior to our program in the long run but he could certainly help jump-start some success.

IMABIELEMA

• Varsity
« Reply #993 on: November 13, 2018, 10:09:13 am »

There is no reason to believe any top recruit would pick us over Auburn at the moment, unless they have geographic ties to the Arkansas. 

Hogmatic

« Reply #994 on: November 13, 2018, 10:15:35 am »

You just laid out exactly why we need KB.... I don't think anyone really thinks he would be a savior to our program in the long run but he could certainly help jump-start some success.

KB would escalate the progress by 3+ years.  He will open up the full advantage of the RPO with the last second pass.  KB can run almost as good as Boyd so the pitch option will have to played differently than defenders do now.  Storey is not a threat to run on the RPO so the pitch man gets 90% of the focus.  KB can hurt a team if they blitz him with his legs AND arm.  He can scramble and break down a defense.   KB will make the Oline better with short block times and his ability to run if nobody is open.   We have NONE of that now.  KB wants to shine as the MAN and that is much easier when you can run the same offense you have run for 3 years. 

hogsanity

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #995 on: November 13, 2018, 10:17:40 am »

.  KB wants to shine as the MAN and that is much easier when you

have talent around you.

sowmonella

• You know I'm right.
« Reply #996 on: November 13, 2018, 10:18:49 am »

I'll give you credit hogsanity, you believe in what you believe in and it's dang near impossible to change your mind.#NeverYield

Is that a nice way of saying "you can't fix stupid"?

Dwight_K_Shrute

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Follow @fakewallyhall.
    • Missing your favorite thread?  It's probably in Vents and Rumors
« Reply #997 on: November 13, 2018, 10:20:32 am »

We are really doing a disservice not merging this thread with the 10 page thread on the recruiting forum.  Doing so would create a sure to be epic 30+ page thread.

Grizzlyfan

« Reply #998 on: November 13, 2018, 10:23:41 am »

I just can't accept that this team in 2019 is going from 2 wins to putting teams away early enough to have a lot of "mop up" time.  Not with all the new faces that are going to be out there on both sides of the ball.

As far as development, the backups aren't going to develop by watching Kelly Bryant.  Players develop by taking snaps in practice.  And every snap that Kelly Bryant takes in practice are snaps that young QB's wont' get.

Hopeful Hog

« Reply #999 on: November 13, 2018, 10:57:12 am »

I just can't accept that this team in 2019 is going from 2 wins to putting teams away early enough to have a lot of "mop up" time.  Not with all the new faces that are going to be out there on both sides of the ball.

As far as development, the backups aren't going to develop by watching Kelly Bryant.  Players develop by taking snaps in practice.  And every snap that Kelly Bryant takes in practice are snaps that young QB's wont' get.

I agree that we probably won't be putting teams away in the first half but I do believe we would win more. Just look at how many games this year we more than likely would have won if we had KB. Co. State, win, A&M, win, Ole Miss, win, Vandy, win, and I would even argue we would've beaten NT if not for 6 (!!) Interceptions. That's 4 or 5 more wins right there giving us a record of 6-4 or 7-3 with 2 games to go. There's a realistic chance we could have had 7 or 8 wins this year if we would have KB. Can these young guys get better from being thrown into the fire immediately, sure, but there's also the real chance it could hurt them in the long run if they really struggle (which they would). Unless you're some 5* prodigy (Lawrence from Clemson) the best thing to do is sit your first year and develop both your mind and body. It's crazy to me to think some of you don't think watching a QB like KB run the system the way it's supposed to run wouldn't greatly benefit a freshman or sophomore.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 74   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas