• 10,394,609 Posts
• 410,894 Topics
• 23,485 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 74   Go Down

Author Topic: All Things Kelly Bryant MERGED — No New Threads  (Read 197828 times)

(notOM)Rebel123

Re: Kelly Bryant Threads**Merged**
« Reply #850 on: October 31, 2018, 02:50:16 pm »

Newton's QB rating the year at Auburn was 181.

Bryant's last year was 131. (too many picks and not enough TD's). I was most surprised at his sacks though (27).
Ty's is like 125 so far this year.

Sacks?

Hogmatic

« Reply #851 on: October 31, 2018, 02:51:37 pm »

If they had named Storey starter from the get go back before season started and gone with it in practice before season and the defense wasn't a TOTAL joke, I think it's safe to say we beat CSU, UNT, and Ole Miss which would put us at 5-4 worst case...if that was the case, would everyone still want KB for 2019 or does Storey get the nod for another season? Yes, it's hypothetical, and I'm personally wanting KB to be a Hog, but that "what if" thought ran through my mind.

The resistance across the team was the major issue for the first 3 games, but the QB issue was a problem just not much of one compared to the resistance.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

mykidsdad

« Reply #852 on: October 31, 2018, 02:52:54 pm »

If they had named Storey starter from the get go back before season started and gone with it in practice before season and the defense wasn't a TOTAL joke, I think it's safe to say we beat CSU, UNT, and Ole Miss which would put us at 5-4 worst case...if that was the case, would everyone still want KB for 2019 or does Storey get the nod for another season? Yes, it's hypothetical, and I'm personally wanting KB to be a Hog, but that "what if" thought ran through my mind.
If is a magical word that is unprovable either in a positive or negative direction.

Superhog1959

« Reply #853 on: October 31, 2018, 03:24:58 pm »

The resistance across the team was the major issue for the first 3 games, but the QB issue was a problem just not much of one compared to the resistance.
I am starting to think this also. I think some of the older ones have a issue with rules, discipline and work ethics. If you rewatch some of the games, its right there.

hoglady

« Reply #854 on: October 31, 2018, 03:58:07 pm »

(notOM)Rebel123

« Reply #855 on: October 31, 2018, 04:03:09 pm »

I was referring to the 125.  ;)

tusked

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Clapton is god....but SRV was the big bang!
« Reply #856 on: October 31, 2018, 04:04:50 pm »

If you sacrifice a live chicken and bake a cake with possum feet then you can get rid of the resistance.

hoglady

« Reply #857 on: October 31, 2018, 04:09:17 pm »

I was referring to the 125.  ;)

It took me a while to figure that out - dang I can be pretty dense at times.

Hawgphat

• Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #858 on: October 31, 2018, 04:14:59 pm »

Is KB coming

Or is KB going

Is there any chance we'll soon be knowing?

:-\

(notOM)Rebel123

« Reply #859 on: October 31, 2018, 04:24:30 pm »

It took me a while to figure that out - dang I can be pretty dense at times.

Ha! I’m with ya!

(notOM)Rebel123

« Reply #860 on: October 31, 2018, 04:25:38 pm »

Is KB coming

Or is KB going

Is there any chance we'll soon be knowing?

:-\

“Just make up your mind”, many will say...
Where oh where will he choose to play?...

RagingHawgOn

« Reply #861 on: November 01, 2018, 02:24:27 pm »

No link but I read he visited Auburn Tuesday.  SIAP but I had not seen that.

Next1_04

« Reply #862 on: November 01, 2018, 02:26:02 pm »

jst01

« Reply #863 on: November 01, 2018, 02:28:28 pm »

I'd wager a lot of money that KB is not coming to AR.  Winning is fun, losing is not fun.  It makes practices worth it and creates a much better vibe.  It's very hard to look at the AR program and see more winning than losing in the next year or so. I think he will choose a school that he thinks has the pieces in place to win. He probably isnt interested in building something...he's probably more interested in continuing something that already has been built.

Next1_04

« Reply #864 on: November 01, 2018, 02:42:28 pm »

I'd wager a lot of money that KB is not coming to AR.  Winning is fun, losing is not fun.  It makes practices worth it and creates a much better vibe.  It's very hard to look at the AR program and see more winning than losing in the next year or so. I think he will choose a school that he thinks has the pieces in place to win. He probably isnt interested in building something...he's probably more interested in continuing something that already has been built.

If that were the case I don't think he would be visiting North Carolina. Twice.

jst01

« Reply #865 on: November 01, 2018, 02:45:01 pm »

If that were the case I don't think he would be visiting North Carolina. Twice.

He wont choose that place, either.

GoHogs1091

• Hogville.net Rocks!
« Reply #866 on: November 01, 2018, 03:02:48 pm »

I really don't think playing against Clemson will weigh very much with KB. It seems like he has bigger goals then vengeance, at least when I parse his interviews. If I had to guess he probably has a lot of people he likes and is friends with on or around the Clemson team.

That is probably true.  There is nothing for Bryant to be vengeful about.

He simply got beat out by a generational talent.

ricepig

« Reply #867 on: November 01, 2018, 03:02:55 pm »

How much are you willing to wager?

hogsanity

• Gold Hogvillian
  • You like my stripes, I know you do.
« Reply #868 on: November 01, 2018, 03:08:24 pm »

I am not that excited about him coming. He is a one year rental on a team that is still going to be in rebuild mode, with a ton of fr trying to learn the system ( wr's ) and a lot of youth on D. I'd be more excited if we could land 2 quality ol grad transfers.

Dominicanhog

« Reply #869 on: November 01, 2018, 03:27:29 pm »

He does make some sense but your definitiveness gives real hope.. I'm sold... now, I just hope you can deliver ..  ;)

Next1_04

« Reply #870 on: November 01, 2018, 03:28:28 pm »

He wont choose that place, either.

Is that you Mrs. Cleo?

FourthandShort

• Band Nerd
  • This ain't my first rodeo
« Reply #871 on: November 01, 2018, 03:29:31 pm »

I am not that excited about him coming. He is a one year rental on a team that is still going to be in rebuild mode, with a ton of fr trying to learn the system ( wr's ) and a lot of youth on D. I'd be more excited if we could land 2 quality ol grad transfers.

While it would be great to add bodies to the OL, I will have to say the ability to add a mobile, experienced QB to this roster would give us the ability to leverage his scrambling ability to take the pressure off the rush.  Also most teams will have to use a spy to try and contain someone with his speed, further limiting the defense. 

While Storey has improved, he is still overthrowing and underthrowing receivers and missing players who have created separation.  KB would be a definite improvement. 

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #872 on: November 01, 2018, 03:30:33 pm »

you dont think a better QB would help the incoming freshman receivers transition faster?

sowmonella

• You know I'm right.
« Reply #873 on: November 01, 2018, 03:31:01 pm »

I'd like a little of that action as well.

ricepig

« Reply #874 on: November 01, 2018, 03:44:30 pm »

He does make some sense but your definitiveness gives real hope.. I'm sold... now, I just hope you can deliver ..  ;)

Nah, don't know about definite, if I could get the wager up high enough, I was going to split it with Kelly...........

woodhog14

« Reply #875 on: November 01, 2018, 03:45:17 pm »

So you don't think he will make our program better? Then don't bitch when we go 4-8 next year and Ty is the starter.

Kelly Bryant makes the program better. Period. Isn't that what you want Coach Morris to do right? Make the program better? Gracious...

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #876 on: November 01, 2018, 03:49:30 pm »

So you don't think he will make our program better? Then don't bitch when we go 4-8 next year and Ty is the starter.

Kelly Bryant makes the program better. Period. Isn't that what you want Coach Morris to do right? Make the program better? Gracious...
He helps next year in many ways!!!

Dominicanhog

« Reply #877 on: November 01, 2018, 03:52:29 pm »

If the stars lined up.. that one year could make us competitive and he be the perfect mentor for KJ... don't see anything but big positives from that.. certainly it's all conjecture but it's gotta be better than where we are, right?

EastexHawg

« Reply #879 on: November 01, 2018, 04:55:24 pm »

Trevor Lawrence is a generational talent.

Doesn't "generational talent" mean he is better than every other QB of his generation?

Patrick Mahomes, nine games into his NFL career, says hello.

Dominicanhog

« Reply #880 on: November 01, 2018, 05:01:25 pm »

Doesn't "generational talent" mean he is better than every other QB of his generation?

Wasn't Mahomes on our radar one time for some reason?  baseball or something else, father liked us or something?

GoHogs1091

• Hogville.net Rocks!
« Reply #881 on: November 01, 2018, 05:25:46 pm »

It is evident that Lawrence has rare talent.

Before Clemson: No. 1 player in the nation by 247Sports and Rivals and No. 2 player by ESPN … No. 1 quarterback in the nation by 247Sports and Rivals … No. 1 player in Georgia by 247Sports and Rivals and No. 2 player by ESPN … USA Today National Offensive Player-of-the-Year … U.S. Army All-American Game participant … U.S. Army Player-of-the-Year … Gatorade player-of-the-year in Georgia as a junior and senior … four-year starter at Cartersville High School; began starting in the third game of his freshman year and was 52-2 as starter in his career, including a 41-game winning streak and 14-2 record in the playoffs … led his team to four region titles and two state titles … had 13,908 passing yards and 161 touchdowns against 21 interceptions in his career … set state records for passing yards and passing touchdowns that were previously held by former Tiger Deshaun Watson (2014-16) … was 177-256 passing for 3,396 yards and 41 touchdowns against one interception in 12 games as a senior … had 200 yards and two touchdowns on 30 carries as a senior … was 250-406 passing for 3,904 yards and 51 touchdowns against nine interceptions as a junior in leading his team to a 15-0 record and the state title … was 233-364 passing for 3,655 yards and 43 touchdowns against four interceptions as a sophomore in leading his team to a 15-0 record and the state title … had 235 yards and four touchdowns on 52 carries as a sophomore … was 187-310 passing for 3,053 yards and 26 touchdowns against seven interceptions as a freshman … competed in the Elite 11 finals … named an Elite 11 Quarterback … invited to Nike’s The Opening in 2017 … first-team all-state as a sophomore, junior and senior …

http://clemsontigers.com/sports/football/roster/trevor-lawrence/

hawgsalot

• Hogvillian
« Reply #882 on: November 01, 2018, 05:46:11 pm »

I would say if our QB's simply quit turning the ball over we're sitting at 5-4 worst case.  Problem is we have who we have KB would help that.

mizzouman

WAHog

« Reply #884 on: November 01, 2018, 06:13:10 pm »

If they had named Storey starter from the get go back before season started and gone with it in practice before season..., I think it's safe to say we beat CSU, UNT, and Ole Miss which would put us at 5-4 worst case.

I agree with this part 100%.  I never understood the Cole Kelly experiment.

FourthandShort

• Band Nerd
  • This ain't my first rodeo
« Reply #886 on: November 01, 2018, 06:24:21 pm »

Sounds like Mizzou

Not so fast, wait until you hear about his trip to Auburn today...

imtad16

« Reply #887 on: November 01, 2018, 06:31:06 pm »

Sounds like Mizzou

I don't know where he goes, but he is talking about Mizzou a lot because that is the most recent OV. He said the same types of things coming off both UNC and Arkansas. He isn't tipping his hand to anyone yet.

imtad16

« Reply #888 on: November 01, 2018, 06:37:52 pm »

If the below is true and Stidham is going to declare for the NFL. I think KB goes to Auburn. Reasonable close to home, close to Clemson offense like Arkansas, and situation to win soon in last season of eligibility. I guess you can never count out having the close relationships with Morris and Craddock, but I would be surprised if he goes else where if Stidham were to leave.

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2018/11/former-clemson-quarterback-kelly-bryant-took-midweek-visit-to-auburn-per-report.html

"Auburn will likely break in a new starting quarterback in 2019, with current starter Jarrett Stidham expected to declare for the NFL Draft upon the completion of this season. The Tigers will return three other scholarship quarterbacks in Malik Willis, Joey Gatewood and Cord Sandberg, none of whom have started a college game or taken significant in-game reps at the position for Auburn. The school also currently holds a commitment from four-star dual-threat quarterback Bo Nix out of Pinson Valley. Nix is rated as the nation’s No. 1 dual-threat quarterback and is considered a top-50 prospect nationally in the 2019 class."

31to6

« Reply #889 on: November 01, 2018, 07:32:42 pm »

Sounds like Mizzou
Sounds like a good kid giving a nice interview. Would not expect anything less.

Drop the Mike

« Reply #890 on: November 01, 2018, 07:41:53 pm »

If the below is true and Stidham is going to declare for the NFL. I think KB goes to Auburn. Reasonable close to home, close to Clemson offense like Arkansas, and situation to win soon in last season of eligibility. I guess you can never count out having the close relationships with Morris and Craddock, but I would be surprised if he goes else where if Stidham were to leave.

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2018/11/former-clemson-quarterback-kelly-bryant-took-midweek-visit-to-auburn-per-report.html

"Auburn will likely break in a new starting quarterback in 2019, with current starter Jarrett Stidham expected to declare for the NFL Draft upon the completion of this season. The Tigers will return three other scholarship quarterbacks in Malik Willis, Joey Gatewood and Cord Sandberg, none of whom have started a college game or taken significant in-game reps at the position for Auburn. The school also currently holds a commitment from four-star dual-threat quarterback Bo Nix out of Pinson Valley. Nix is rated as the nation’s No. 1 dual-threat quarterback and is considered a top-50 prospect nationally in the 2019 class."

That’s interesting about Stidham. Didn’t realize you could leave early to be a holder in the nfl.

RyanMallettsEgo

• Let me buy you lunch
« Reply #891 on: November 01, 2018, 07:44:23 pm »

I think of Bryant as -- forgive the horrid MLB metaphor -- the starting pitcher you rent down the stretch to get that pennant.  And if we were a QB away from a conference title shot?  I'd say "sell your soul to get him."

But, just like MLB, if you're not there?  Save the draft pick(s).

We're not there, use the scholarship on a young guy's potential.

MLB teams trade prospects infinitely more than picks, but who's counting?

greasy_corner

« Reply #892 on: November 01, 2018, 08:52:04 pm »

No link but I read he visited Auburn Tuesday.  SIAP but I had not seen that.

Well, it is the end of the month.  Best time to visit barn.

(notOM)Rebel123

« Reply #893 on: November 01, 2018, 08:57:28 pm »

That is probably true.  There is nothing for Bryant to be vengeful about.

He simply got beat out by a generational talent.

I’d pump the breaks on that for a few years.

(notOM)Rebel123

« Reply #894 on: November 01, 2018, 08:59:06 pm »

Well, it is the end of the month.  Best time to visit barn.

I figured the 1st & 3rd of the month would be the best time to visit Auburn since that’s when most gov’ment benefit checks come in.

LZH

« Reply #895 on: November 01, 2018, 09:34:10 pm »

I am not that excited about him coming.

Shocker alert!.....negative vibes post #48424 and counting.

TebowHater

• DMAC > teBLOW
« Reply #896 on: November 01, 2018, 10:32:35 pm »

He said he plans to make his decision before the end of November. We won't know for sure what Stidham is doing at that point, and even Stidham may/probably won't know. Gus could sell him a lie/feed him what he wants to hear that it's likely, but if he knows Stidham is undecided I don't think that will work on KB. Stidham hasn't had the best year. One of his biggest things he likes CCM so much about was that he was honest with him during recruitment that he may leave Clemson to be a HC. With only one year, trust is a big factor with him, as he has said repeatedly.

GoHogs1091

• Hogville.net Rocks!

(notOM)Rebel123

« Reply #898 on: November 02, 2018, 06:55:48 am »

He’s very good. I just wouldn’t call him “ generational” quite yet. He may very well wind up being, but time will tell.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 07:06:26 am by (notOM)Rebel123 »

onebadrubi

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #899 on: November 02, 2018, 07:05:58 am »

He said he plans to make his decision before the end of November. We won't know for sure what Stidham is doing at that point, and even Stidham may/probably won't know. Gus could sell him a lie/feed him what he wants to hear that it's likely, but if he knows Stidham is undecided I don't think that will work on KB. Stidham hasn't had the best year. One of his biggest things he likes CCM so much about was that he was honest with him during recruitment that he may leave Clemson to be a HC. With only one year, trust is a big factor with him, as he has said repeatedly.

While I agree with that thinking, bring in KB and auburn pushes Stidham out.   Gus can’t be happy with Stidham, they just can seem to exploit one another
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 74   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas