• 10,398,833 Posts
• 411,027 Topics
• 23,491 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 74   Go Down

Author Topic: All Things Kelly Bryant MERGED ó No New Threads  (Read 198042 times)

Hogmatic

Re: Kelly Bryant Threads**Merged**
« Reply #550 on: October 23, 2018, 04:42:31 pm »

First off, i really have enjoyed watching Ty develop each game. I love he is an Arkansas boy not far from where im from. I love he reminds me of Tyler Wilson when it comes to being tough. I am very very thankful for his effort from the day he stepped on campus...but what is Ty's record? What is Kelly Bryants record? I can love a certain player but not at the expense of the team. Bryant is 16-2 and played in the college playoffs. Your favorite player can be Ty and at the same time want Kelly to be here next season. Some act like it's the same as divorced parents and you have to choose between the two. I choose both and hope they both make the Hogs better next season.

A level headed response...you sir are in rare air

LAHogfan123

« Reply #551 on: October 23, 2018, 05:00:41 pm »

Ty should do what is best for himself. I love that the players have more freedom to transfer under the new rules. I hope they continue to open that up.

Ty should use every avenue available to him to achieve his goals. If he thinks he is an  NFL QB and wants to get starts to show that, he should do what it takes to get there. If he thinks college is his top maybe sticking around to learn from the coach is the right move.

Coach has to do what is best for the team. Players have to do what is best for them.

IMO which doesn't amount to much in regards to TS he isn't and NFL QB, so I would stay here and compete.  I'm not sure but he may have already used his redshirt year and if KB does end up coming here I'm 100% sure he'll be our QB next season, so Ty would have to just sit on the bench and if there was any 2nd team reps I'm sure they would go to a QB that's going to be here after KB is gone, meaning not Storey.  If TS wants to indeed play, he would have no choice but to transfer, I would hate that but that's the way it is, UCA has a freshman QB starting this year I believe, if so, they might would want to continue with his maturation instead of going with and incoming QB, but that would be where I'd want Ty Storey to go if anywhere, UCA has been a good landing spot for many Razorbacks in the past, and I pull for them 2nd to the Hogs over any other College team in Arkansas.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

OkieBack

« Reply #552 on: October 23, 2018, 05:05:56 pm »

If you are Ty Storey and Bryant commits to spend a season here, what do you do?

Ty needs to stay put.  By all accounts KB would be a premium QB coming in to play at Arkansas, but as much as the fan base drools over KB's athleticism, the coaches are going to play the person who can run the offense and give the team the best chance to win.  If KB can pick up the offense immediately then he most undoubtedly would get the nod from the get go.  But I think everyone assumes KB could step in Game #1 and thread the needle, timing and all, and be the starter hands down.  As good as he may be it's still not that simple or easy of a decision.

I could see Ty starting the season at least as the most experienced QB in the Morris system, however depending on who is #2 or #3 on the depth chart and how quickly they progress in the system...it could get very interesting by Game #4 or #5.  And I'm not saying there would be a QB controversy.  I simply think Ty will have the most experience running this offense to at least start off 2019.  As the other QB's progress, learn and perform...then it becomes a game to game decision I think.  Either way it would be a great compliment to have a mentor program going on until one of our  young QB's could take the reins.  Obviously KB doesn't have that much time so his situation would probably warrant the starting position sooner rather than later.

Bottom line...whether KB appears in Fayetteville or someplace else I don't see it affecting Morris bringing in and developing a top notch QB.  I honestly could see someone like KJ Jefferson coming in and learning the ropes under someone like Storey next year and really commanding this offense at some point 2019-2020. 
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 05:20:04 pm by OkieBack »

Porkys Revenge

« Reply #553 on: October 23, 2018, 05:26:36 pm »

I contact Tonya Harding, give her a Louisville slugger and tell her to do work.

LAHogfan123

« Reply #554 on: October 23, 2018, 05:41:26 pm »

Ty needs to stay put.  By all accounts KB would be a premium QB coming in to play at Arkansas, but as much as the fan base drools over KB's athleticism, the coaches are going to play the person who can run the offense and give the team the best chance to win.  If KB can pick up the offense immediately then he most undoubtedly would get the nod from the get go.  But I think everyone assumes KB could step in Game #1 and thread the needle, timing and all, and be the starter hands down.  As good as he may be it's still not that simple or easy of a decision.

I could see Ty starting the season at least as the most experienced QB in the Morris system, however depending on who is #2 or #3 on the depth chart and how quickly they progress in the system...it could get very interesting by Game #4 or #5.  And I'm not saying there would be a QB controversy.  I simply think Ty will have the most experience running this offense to at least start off 2019.  As the other QB's progress, learn and perform...then it becomes a game to game decision I think.  Either way it would be a great compliment to have a mentor program going on until one of our  young QB's could take the reins.  Obviously KB doesn't have that much time so his situation would probably warrant the starting position sooner rather than later.

Bottom line...whether KB appears in Fayetteville or someplace else I don't see it affecting Morris bringing in and developing a top notch QB.  I honestly could see someone like KJ Jefferson coming in and learning the ropes under someone like Storey next year and really commanding this offense at some point 2019-2020.

I know most think that CCM will start the one that proves that they can play the best, but I guarantee that whoever gets KB he will start every game of the season he's there unless he gets hurt, or he won't be coming.

East TN HAWG

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #555 on: October 23, 2018, 05:58:19 pm »

That's a bowl team.
You canít count FR immediately.  Bryant with Boyd, OíGrady, Woods, Pettway make this a bowl team next year.  A fifth year senior like Bryant making sound decisions is a difference maker.

Dwight_K_Shrute

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Follow @fakewallyhall.
    • Missing your favorite thread?  It's probably in Vents and Rumors
« Reply #556 on: October 23, 2018, 06:05:04 pm »

I know most think that CCM will start the one that proves that they can play the best, but I guarantee that whoever gets KB he will start every game of the season he's there unless he gets hurt, or he won't be coming.

Yep, he's not some scrub going somewhere to compete for the starting job.  He will go to the school that says we know what you can do and want you to be the guy from day one.  There is enough body of work out there for him that any school courting him should know whether or not he would be their starter. 

Cornstock

« Reply #557 on: October 23, 2018, 06:22:44 pm »

Dwayne Haskins was a top recruit, has been really good this season (as recently as pre-game against Purdue he was being talking about for the Heisman), and is only a true Sophomore (So, definitely returning). No way Bryant would go to Ohio State.

Dwayne Haskins is a redshirt sophomore so he will be draft eligible in April 2019. I've seen a couple internet rumors saying that Haskins could possibly go pro after this year, and there has even been speculation that Urban Meyer could retire again after this year. If for some reason Meyer does leave then I think it's quite possible that Haskins goes pro.

However, even if Haskins were to leave that doesn't put Bryant into the mix at OSU. If Meyer were to choose to retire again after this year then that would take the chance from maybe 5 percent to less than 1 percent. Ohio State has talent at QB even without Haskins that would threaten KB's chances to be the starter which would eliminate them from the picture.

PorkFromOrk

« Reply #558 on: October 23, 2018, 06:28:24 pm »

Spektre

• Bench Warmer
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #559 on: October 23, 2018, 06:37:44 pm »

I might be in the minority here... but if I was on this team: I would rather ride or die with the guy taking the licks while everyone is struggling than jump on the bandwagon of a kid who tucked tail and ran at the first sign of adversity. This team doesn't need flavor of the month. It needs leadership. This program needs a banner carrier... not just a leader, but someone that can force the others to come up and adapt the culture level of toughness. Gotta have that for the hard times... otherwise you're just setting the program up for more hand-holding and coddling like the previous regime.

I personally don't see him coming if they don't promise him the starting job. If he wanted to work at something, he would have stayed in Clemson. Just like the kid from Earl who would only come if Noland got his offer pulled. If he is promised the spot... that opens up a whole other can of worms that never should be opened.

checkraiser88

« Reply #560 on: October 23, 2018, 07:04:44 pm »

I might be in the minority here... but if I was on this team: I would rather ride or die with the guy taking the licks while everyone is struggling than jump on the bandwagon of a kid who tucked tail and ran at the first sign of adversity. This team doesn't need flavor of the month. It needs leadership. This program needs a banner carrier... not just a leader, but someone that can force the others to come up and adapt the culture level of toughness. Gotta have that for the hard times... otherwise you're just setting the program up for more hand-holding and coddling like the previous regime.

I personally don't see him coming if they don't promise him the starting job. If he wanted to work at something, he would have stayed in Clemson. Just like the kid from Earl who would only come if Noland got his offer pulled. If he is promised the spot... that opens up a whole other can of worms that never should be opened.

He was benched to the #1 true freshmen Qb recruit. He wasnít going to see the field again unless blowouts by 4th quarter. So I disagree with your fairy tail about how KB doesnít wanna work, heís going to be working to get us to the next level

rhames

« Reply #561 on: October 23, 2018, 07:07:07 pm »

I see where you're coming from to a degree....

But I'd venture to say if you asked most of the players if they wanted Bryant, they would say yes

Again this is no different of a situation than recruiting freshmen to come in and play. Heck it happened to Bryant. He gives the team a chance to be much better than they are right now. You take him.

imtad16

« Reply #562 on: October 23, 2018, 07:17:55 pm »

Dwayne Haskins is a redshirt sophomore so he will be draft eligible in April 2019. I've seen a couple internet rumors saying that Haskins could possibly go pro after this year, and there has even been speculation that Urban Meyer could retire again after this year. If for some reason Meyer does leave then I think it's quite possible that Haskins goes pro.

However, even if Haskins were to leave that doesn't put Bryant into the mix at OSU. If Meyer were to choose to retire again after this year then that would take the chance from maybe 5 percent to less than 1 percent. Ohio State has talent at QB even without Haskins that would threaten KB's chances to be the starter which would eliminate them from the picture.

Didn't realize he had redshirted. I just went and looked at the OSU roster and didn't see Rs Soph. so I thought he might still be true soph (See that he did redshirt on Wikipedia now). But I think you're right he could leave after this season then because he is pretty good. I think the thing is though is Kelly Bryant willing to wait until Jan. 15th to make a decision? Because at some of these better programs with good returning starters that have decisions to make could be undecided on the NFL until Jan 15h (the decision deadline). We have a poster on here that was around Bryant a lot this weekend that was told by Bryant that at this point his decision is probably gonna be in late November. If that is the case he's probably not going to a school that he has to risk competing with a good returning starter. Another thing to consider at OSU (as you alluded to) is Tate Martell. He looks to be pretty talented himself. Does Bryant want to compete with Martell who was another highly rated recruit that has been in that offense for a while at this point.

Porkys Revenge

« Reply #563 on: October 23, 2018, 07:20:10 pm »

Bryant is the #1 qb the second he steps on campus. Thatís just the reality of it.

Porkys Revenge

« Reply #564 on: October 23, 2018, 07:25:28 pm »

I see where you're coming from to a degree....

But I'd venture to say if you asked most of the players if they wanted Bryant, they would say yes

Again this is no different of a situation than recruiting freshmen to come in and play. Heck it happened to Bryant. He gives the team a chance to be much better than they are right now. You take him.
lots of current players and recruits following KB on Twitter..

HognitiveDissonance

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
« Reply #565 on: October 23, 2018, 08:04:45 pm »

First off, i really have enjoyed watching Ty develop each game. I love he is an Arkansas boy not far from where im from. I love he reminds me of Tyler Wilson when it comes to being tough. I am very very thankful for his effort from the day he stepped on campus...but what is Ty's record? What is Kelly Bryants record? I can love a certain player but not at the expense of the team. Bryant is 16-2 and played in the college playoffs. Your favorite player can be Ty and at the same time want Kelly to be here next season. Some act like it's the same as divorced parents and you have to choose between the two. I choose both and hope they both make the Hogs better next season.
->but what is Ty's record? What is Kelly Bryants record? I can love a certain player but not at the expense of the team. Bryant is 16-2 and played in the college ->

Ty is 0-0, and Kelly is 0-0.
Sorry, but this is a pet peeve of mine.
I realize QB is the most important position on the field.
But people take this too far.
Football is the ultimate team game.
It's like saying Greg McElroy won a national championship as a QB, so he's superior to someone who didn't. Did he? Or did Alabama win that title? Alabama did, not the QB.
Likewise, Clemson as a team and program made the Playoffs. Not Kelly Bryant. That's an asinine thing to use as a comparison between Storey and Bryant.
For one thing, Clemson has four defensive linemen who could be NFL first-rounders.

Put Storey on Alabama in 2009 instead of McElroy and it says here Alabama still wins the national title.

Boardon Hamsay

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Eponymous Keeper of the War Damn Mockingbird Unis
« Reply #566 on: October 23, 2018, 08:12:32 pm »

Iím of the belief that weíll lose 2 or 3 QBs if KB comes. I think Cole is gone regardless due to not being the best fit for the system. Kid has a great arm and Iíd root for him unless heís playing the Hogs. I would obviously also see Ty leaving to go get some playing time (I.e UCA). Lastly, I think Hyatt could leave given the other guys we would have that would be fighting for time with potentially one less year (assuming KB starts next year) to work with.  I would also expect some more QB attrition (1 or 2 leave) the following year.

chaz

• Varsity
« Reply #567 on: October 23, 2018, 10:28:28 pm »

I contact Tonya Harding, give her a Louisville slugger and tell her to do work.

LOL,  While it was effective its not recommended

LZH

« Reply #568 on: October 23, 2018, 10:42:44 pm »

I thought KB said a while back he already knew where he was going.

Porkys Revenge

« Reply #569 on: October 23, 2018, 11:16:57 pm »

I saw tonight where someone said we have just started recruiting a juco qb, that skert me a little bit.

King Kong

« Reply #570 on: October 24, 2018, 12:04:10 am »

->but what is Ty's record? What is Kelly Bryants record? I can love a certain player but not at the expense of the team. Bryant is 16-2 and played in the college ->

Ty is 0-0, and Kelly is 0-0.
Sorry, but this is a pet peeve of mine.
I realize QB is the most important position on the field.
But people take this too far.
Football is the ultimate team game.
It's like saying Greg McElroy won a national championship as a QB, so he's superior to someone who didn't. Did he? Or did Alabama win that title? Alabama did, not the QB.
Likewise, Clemson as a team and program made the Playoffs. Not Kelly Bryant. That's an asinine thing to use as a comparison between Storey and Bryant.
For one thing, Clemson has four defensive linemen who could be NFL first-rounders.

Put Storey on Alabama in 2009 instead of McElroy and it says here Alabama still wins the national title.

Agree with your general premise. However, disagree that Ty QBing the 2009 Bama wins the NC

HogsInaBlanket

• Varsity
« Reply #571 on: October 24, 2018, 08:25:13 am »

Bryant is the #1 qb the second he steps on campus. Thatís just the reality of it.

and it isn't even close. not to mention the intangibles he brings by coming from a winning program. He would be expecting to win close games in the 4th quarter. This would be big for a program that manages to lose nearly all of those games.

Been10Hog

« Reply #572 on: October 24, 2018, 09:15:56 am »

Agree with your general premise. However, disagree that Ty QBing the 2009 Bama wins the NC
Ty was raked higher than McElroy! And, we signed QB higher than him that year as well, MM. Ty's year we also later had Ricky Town. Point is, Ty was highly regarded at the time. Not just a "good ole Arkansas boy"

https://n.rivals.com/position_rankings/Football/2006/PRO

https://n.rivals.com/position_rankings/Football/2015/PRO

GA reddiehog

• Varsity
« Reply #573 on: October 24, 2018, 09:24:23 am »

You all are fretting over nothing, KB is not coming to the Hogs.  If he was coming, he would have already committed knowing it would improve recruiting and his chances of success.  Clemson fans say it will not be Hogs.  Most are saying Oregon.

Hogmatic

« Reply #574 on: October 24, 2018, 09:27:59 am »

You all are fretting over nothing, KB is not coming to the Hogs.  If he was coming, he would have already committed knowing it would improve recruiting and his chances of success.  Clemson fans say it will not be Hogs.  Most are saying Oregon.

I don't think ANY one knows what he is going to do including him.  What you see on here is HOPE that he would come here because none of us know anything about it.

Been10Hog

« Reply #575 on: October 24, 2018, 09:31:55 am »

I think it would be highly unlikely for KB, an East Coast kid, to go to a West Coast school without having a relationship with anyone on the staff. Hasn't even visited Oregon! Trolling....?

Hogmatic

« Reply #576 on: October 24, 2018, 09:32:07 am »

If KB doesn't come to Arkansas, you can be sure that Ty will be competing for his job with Connor Noland and maybe KJ Jefferson.  KJ will have a lot to learn when he gets here.  CN will probably be the starter for the first game or definitely before mid season.

Grizzlyfan

« Reply #577 on: October 24, 2018, 09:40:34 am »

He was benched to the #1 true freshmen Qb recruit. He wasnít going to see the field again unless blowouts by 4th quarter. So I disagree with your fairy tail about how KB doesnít wanna work, heís going to be working to get us to the next level
so Bryant didn't want to stay at Clemson and keep fighting for the starting job, or be ready if this wonder kid is injured along the way, but he will fight, fight, fight to take Arkansas to the next level?  Sorry, I don't buy that.  I agree with a lot of what Spektre said.  I don't see how Bryant helps our long term rebuilding process. 

TebowHater

• DMAC > teBLOW
« Reply #578 on: October 24, 2018, 09:49:35 am »

You are incorrect. Chances are significantly higher he comes here than anywhere else. A good fan showing on Saturday would have sealed it, which didn't happen, but our chances are still better than anyone else.

When you have only one year to play you don't just blindly commit to a school super early in the process in hopes of improving a recruiting class, players many of whom you will never even play with. It's more about what is best for you at this point than the school, and understandably so. So no, he would not have already committed.

007 License To Squeal

• Global Moderator
  • Fmr USAF Combat Crew Titan II Launch Crew Member
« Reply #579 on: October 24, 2018, 09:51:36 am »

so Bryant didn't want to stay at Clemson and keep fighting for the starting job, or be ready if this wonder kid is injured along the way, but he will fight, fight, fight to take Arkansas to the next level?  Sorry, I don't buy that.  I agree with a lot of what Spektre said.  I don't see how Bryant helps our long term rebuilding process. 

I think winning will help recruiting.......

31to6

« Reply #580 on: October 24, 2018, 09:54:50 am »

Here is the answer, in two parts:

1) The chances of going to a bowl and winning that bowl next year will be improved. Achieving a bowl and getting all the additional attention and *bowl practices* are critical to a rebuild.

2) KB knows the entire offense. Right now we are only able to run a small percentage. It will be like having a coach on the field in terms of being able to aggressively install next Spring and Fall because he knows the protections, knows the reads, etc. He will be able to help the rest of the offense execute more of the playbook and do so better.

hawgfan4life

« Reply #581 on: October 24, 2018, 10:03:36 am »

A level headed response...you sir are in rare air

There is nothing wrong with fans wanting any transfer and nothing wrong with competition.  Pre-judging the outcome based on results in programs light years apart is unwise.

Melancholy_Pigg

« Reply #582 on: October 24, 2018, 10:05:40 am »

I don't buy the no-work ethic theory on KB.  Pretend you are him.  You really going to just be content to in all probability ride-the-pine the rest of your career?  I think it actually speaks very well of him that he is transferring.  He is determined to make a contribution.  He also knows when it ain't gonna happen and he is decisive enough to deal with that situation.

Baker Mayfield wouldn't have won the Heismann had he stuck around in his situation at Texas Tech.

Just saying.   

PharmacistHog

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • The Peopleís Mod
« Reply #583 on: October 24, 2018, 10:13:05 am »

You are simply a troll poster.  I just looked at ALL your posts and everything you post is negative.  You are no hog fan and I'm not sure why you even bother to post since you seem to hate all things razorback.  Once I saw your post about the damn BASEBALL hogs last year were not championship caliber and had no chance to win that pretty much tells the tale.  This site would be a lot better if you would see yourself out the door. 

Hogs-n-Roses

• Coming to a Stadium Near You!
« Reply #584 on: October 24, 2018, 10:19:24 am »

Or the kid got a really raw deal at Clemson and is a steal for whomever gets him.

arthurhawgerelli

« Reply #585 on: October 24, 2018, 10:28:31 am »

Transfer to to Central Arkansas, or if he can get enough credit for a degree, a better school.

Ty has his undergraduate degree.

wildturkey8

« Reply #586 on: October 24, 2018, 10:57:18 am »

I don't think Ty will transfer.

Oklahawg

• Resident Optimistic Pragmatist
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Pop Music at It's Finest
« Reply #587 on: October 24, 2018, 10:59:09 am »

I saw tonight where someone said we have just started recruiting a juco qb, that skert me a little bit.

Not true, last I heard.

010HogFan

• I Got Dat Wood Coach
« Reply #588 on: October 24, 2018, 11:01:54 am »

Bring him in if he wants to come. I'm tired of catering to peoples' feelings, put the best players on the field. Kelly Bryant is in another stratosphere compared to any quarterback we have on the roster.

bulldog04

« Reply #589 on: October 24, 2018, 11:05:42 am »

Not true, last I heard.
The JUCO crop of QBs isnít very strong so I donít see why we would go after one

Porkys Revenge

« Reply #590 on: October 24, 2018, 12:45:30 pm »

Not true, last I heard.
sure hope so

The Hawgman

« Reply #591 on: October 24, 2018, 12:48:49 pm »

Bring him in if he wants to come. I'm tired of catering to peoples' feelings, put the best players on the field. Kelly Bryant is in another stratosphere compared to any quarterback we have on the roster.
[/quote
When this came up I said 60/40 hogs
My GUESS is now 70/30 hogs
Bowl game next year and a 9-4 record after bowl game
MY GUESS is good as anybodyís on here. We will see

hogfan14

« Reply #592 on: October 24, 2018, 01:17:03 pm »

Pretty simple to me, do you want two good senior QBs or just one? If Bryant beats out Storey and he transfers then well we got the better QB regardless so it's a win-win.

hawgwash

« Reply #593 on: October 24, 2018, 01:49:17 pm »

Someone just posted on the Recruiting Forum that Danny West received a text from KJ saying he's 110% Razorback.

007 License To Squeal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #594 on: October 24, 2018, 02:07:34 pm »

Someone just posted on the Recruiting Forum that Danny West received a text from KJ saying he's 110% Razorback.

WPS!!!!  Bring him on!!!  Let him join the QB competition.......and let the best QB lead the team...whomever that is....

jst01

« Reply #595 on: October 24, 2018, 02:09:15 pm »

WPS!!!!  Bring him on!!!  Let him join the QB competition.......and let the best QB lead the team...whomever that is....

Was it ever a doubt that Jefferson was coming tho? 

007 License To Squeal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #596 on: October 24, 2018, 02:15:00 pm »

link??

31to6

« Reply #597 on: October 24, 2018, 02:25:51 pm »

Spektre

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #598 on: October 24, 2018, 03:25:02 pm »

Again, I said I was probably in the minority on this. It also has nothing to do with hurting feelings. My view is you prove more as a team, a culture, and as a coaching staff if you show that you can develop and win with the standing army you have rather than a mercenary for hire. This is especially prevalent when you can do it with guys that were recruited for a system that is the polar opposite of what you're running. Considering how he has developed already, if Storey had the full season and a center that could snap the ball... I don't even see KB coming for a visit. I also don't see anyone who loses their job and immediately transfers being mentally tough enough to take the same shots Storey has, get back up, and ask for more without casting blame or making excuses.

Winning helps recruiting. Of course. Recruiting is on par or better currently than when Petrino was here and we were battling for a top spot nationally... and we're at the bottom of the bottom. Establishing a culture of "Grit and Grind" toughness HAS to happen to learn to win consistently. Yes, I'm pulling from the Memphis Grizzlies slogan because that is a pretty decent comparison... small market team without the grandeur of the others, but thrived on building that culture and developing their players). Winning will come, regardless of who is at the helm. Will we win more with KB or Storey... who knows, but the difference in 2 wins either way won't make THAT much of a difference because we'll get in a bowl next year with either at the helm, and both will be gone after the season ends. Bielema left us soft, and we've seen the roll over and die mentality bite us time and again this year. Coaches can only do so much to break that. You have to have a player and leader ON the field to lead everyone out of that tunnel... and my bet would be Storey 1000% over someone transferring because he got his feelings hurt and didn't even want to TRY to earn HIS spot back.

010HogFan

• I Got Dat Wood Coach
« Reply #599 on: October 24, 2018, 03:40:05 pm »

Again, I said I was probably in the minority on this. It also has nothing to do with hurting feelings. My view is you prove more as a team, a culture, and as a coaching staff if you show that you can develop and win with the standing army you have rather than a mercenary for hire. This is especially prevalent when you can do it with guys that were recruited for a system that is the polar opposite of what you're running. Considering how he has developed already, if Storey had the full season and a center that could snap the ball... I don't even see KB coming for a visit. I also don't see anyone who loses their job and immediately transfers being mentally tough enough to take the same shots Storey has, get back up, and ask for more without casting blame or making excuses.

Winning helps recruiting. Of course. Recruiting is on par or better currently than when Petrino was here and we were battling for a top spot nationally... and we're at the bottom of the bottom. Establishing a culture of "Grit and Grind" toughness HAS to happen to learn to win consistently. Yes, I'm pulling from the Memphis Grizzlies slogan because that is a pretty decent comparison... small market team without the grandeur of the others, but thrived on building that culture and developing their players). Winning will come, regardless of who is at the helm. Will we win more with KB or Storey... who knows, but the difference in 2 wins either way won't make THAT much of a difference because we'll get in a bowl next year with either at the helm, and both will be gone after the season ends. Bielema left us soft, and we've seen the roll over and die mentality bite us time and again this year. Coaches can only do so much to break that. You have to have a player and leader ON the field to lead everyone out of that tunnel... and my bet would be Storey 1000% over someone transferring because he got his feelings hurt and didn't even want to TRY to earn HIS spot back.

You're overthinking it. We haven't had a good quarterback for so long that I think some of you guys forget what one looks like. Everyone admires Storey because he's from here and he has taken some shots and continued to fight, but he still isn't the quarterback this offense needs. He just isn't. Throwing dink and dunk passes to runningbacks and tight ends only gets you so far. I don't think we would make a bowl with him playing QB next year. KB? Absolutely.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 74   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas