• 10,394,566 Posts
• 410,890 Topics
• 23,485 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 74   Go Down

Author Topic: All Things Kelly Bryant MERGED No New Threads  (Read 197800 times)

Superhog1959

Re: Kelly Bryant Threads**Merged**
« Reply #450 on: October 20, 2018, 08:19:06 pm »

I am referring to Bryant.

imtad16

« Reply #451 on: October 20, 2018, 08:22:03 pm »

I am referring to Bryant.

I know. Chad Morris is close to Dabo Swinney so he would know if there was something else going on.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Superhog1959

« Reply #452 on: October 20, 2018, 08:27:20 pm »

If he could help the team. I am all for it. But just the situation kind of makes me leary. I saw some of his highlights, he was impressive.

GoHogs1091

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net Rocks!
« Reply #453 on: October 20, 2018, 08:29:04 pm »

There's no denying that we struck gold when we promoted an unknown WR coach to be interim coach and then HC. We are definitely lucky to have a coach like Dabo.

It's important to note how vital it was to our success when Dabo hired Chad Morris. We were coming off a 6-7 season with a loss to USF in a bowl game before Morris came in. We had too much talent to be 6-7 back then. Morris was a huge part of getting our guys to believe that we could be successful. I'm not discounting the role of Dabo and then of Venables when he was hired in 2012, but without Morris I don't think we would be anywhere close to where we are today.

Morris is also one heck of a recruiter. He's the guy that recruited Deshaun Watson to Clemson.

It may take Morris 2 or 3 years to turn things around given the drastic change in philosophy from Bieliema, but his offense is a lot of fun to watch once he gets his players in there. Just give it time.

Morris really helped Swinney get yall's program going, and then Venables helped take yall to the next level.

I saw one of your fellow Clemson fan post on another board that yall's Cornerbacks are finally starting to play up to potential.  He posted that NC State has 2 NFL WRs and that those 2 NC State NFL WRs got erased today.

If anyone can slow down Tua and Alabama's offense it is Venables.  Venables has faced a ton of Heisman Trophy caliber QBs.  Just have to keep in mind that Venables held Tim Tebow and Florida to 24 points in a NC game (Oklahoma lost the game, but Tebow and Florida came into that NC game averaging 45 points per game).

Venables has more defensive talent this year at Clemson than he had that year at Oklahoma.

Morris was a great hire for yall when Swinney hired him.  Yall really improved when Morris became yall's OC. 

Swinney is probably really happy and proud that Morris is our Head Coach.  Swinney knows that Morris will get us turned around.

ur

• All-American Hogvillian
  • The First Back to Back 7A Football State Champions
« Reply #454 on: October 20, 2018, 08:36:54 pm »

He was at JJs on Dickson after the game. Got a standing ovation and hog call when he left.

golf2day

• Hogvillian
  • Giving Eastex a hard-on since 1997
« Reply #455 on: October 20, 2018, 08:37:29 pm »

Morris really helped Swinney get yall's program going, and then Venables helped take yall to the next level.

I saw one of your fellow Clemson fan post on another board that yall's Cornerbacks are finally starting to play up to potential.  He posted that NC State has 2 NFL WRs and that those 2 NC State NFL WRs got erased today.

If anyone can slow down Tua and Alabama's offense it is Venables.  Venables has faced a ton of Heisman Trophy caliber QBs.  Just have to keep in mind that Venables held Tim Tebow and Florida to 24 points in a NC game (Oklahoma lost the game, but Tebow and Florida came into that NC game averaging 45 points per game).

Venables has more defensive talent this year at Clemson than he had that year at Oklahoma.

Morris was a great hire for yall when Swinney hired him.  Yall really improved when Morris became yall's OC. 

Swinney is probably really happy and proud that Morris is our Head Coach.  Swinney knows that Morris will get us turned around.
The only two real questions are what would Venables shoot if he played Southern Hills, and what would our record be if we hired the ghost of Perry Maxwell to coach us?

Cavtastic Voyage

« Reply #456 on: October 20, 2018, 09:04:59 pm »

If you cant see the benefits of having Kelly Bryant i question your ability to perceive college football. Not evaluate talent, not coach, just your ability to watch a game. If your a fan of college football at all you shouldn't have to ask about what Kelly Bryant brings to the table. Clemson has only been center stage for 5 years now. Theres no way your a football fan, watch college football and haven't seen clemson play multiple times. Theres no way you didnt see highlights. If you did you know the guy is a baller. And if you have to ask then your opinion is irrelevant.

factchecker

• RAZORBACKS OR NOTHING!
« Reply #457 on: October 20, 2018, 09:08:43 pm »

If you cant see the benefits of having Kelly Bryant i question your ability to perceive college football.
Amen.  But even if you can't even see it --- why be against it?

From what I understand Bryant is a good guy.

He is smart (getting a degree).

Why would you be against adding someone who is going to help the team is some fashion?

OLEJACKETFAN

« Reply #458 on: October 20, 2018, 09:22:12 pm »

Best not argue with a Few certain IDIOTS on here, as the old saying goes. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience every time! Nothing wrong with disagreeing. I'm still 100% behind CM and have utmost confidence he turns the HOGS around! What is a shame is the HOGS should very well be 4 & 4.  Just a lot of bad calls, dumb mistakes and bad luck at times. Hopefully things will get better.

Cavtastic Voyage

« Reply #459 on: October 20, 2018, 09:25:00 pm »

You call people dumb? Because we discuss the positives and negatives of a decision. That's not a good approach. Calling names kind of says things about you. If you get my drift.
If you don't think Kelly Bryant would help this team you are dumb. I think anyone that holds that opinion is dumb. We have won 1 game, and have found a marginal option at QB. Bryant has played on a national stage the last 2 seasons and has lost 2 games in career. If he comes here he will start. Thats a redundant statement i know, point being hes easily better than what we have now.

Pinto

« Reply #460 on: October 20, 2018, 09:33:20 pm »

Good news is Mizzs facilities blow in comparison.

Of course right now they can sale more recent success

He seems to care more about the environment, vibe of program, how he fits, and getting his masters in sports management.

Hogmatic

« Reply #461 on: October 20, 2018, 09:51:07 pm »

He seems to care more about the environment, vibe of program, how he fits, and getting his masters in sports management.

How did he feel about our environment?  Do we have sports management?

jbcarol

Leadbelly

• Senior
  • Dont ya think someone oughta reckon with him?
« Reply #463 on: October 20, 2018, 10:05:10 pm »

If you don't think Kelly Bryant would help this team you are dumb. I think anyone that holds that opinion is dumb. We have won 1 game, and have found a marginal option at QB. Bryant has played on a national stage the last 2 seasons and has lost 2 games in career. If he comes here he will start. Thats a redundant statement i know, point being hes easily better than what we have now.
GET I GET AN AMEN!! Hallelujah!

imtad16

« Reply #464 on: October 20, 2018, 10:08:32 pm »

King Kong

• Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #465 on: October 20, 2018, 10:09:05 pm »

Yeah theyve developed a pretty tight bond

Did Kelly B think Mataio was Lying when he told him how many sacks he has this year?

BroyledNutts

« Reply #466 on: October 20, 2018, 10:09:10 pm »

https://mobile.twitter.com/ESPNCFB/status/1053692951690403840

Well .............. isn't that a refreshing look at our program from the outside ..........

:puke:

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs and Go Eric Musselman!
« Reply #467 on: October 21, 2018, 08:13:55 am »

Best not argue with a Few certain IDIOTS on here, as the old saying goes. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience every time! Nothing wrong with disagreeing. I'm still 100% behind CM and have utmost confidence he turns the HOGS around! What is a shame is the HOGS should very well be 4 & 4.  Just a lot of bad calls, dumb mistakes and bad luck at times. Hopefully things will get better.
It's a process.  Bryant certainly might help in the transition.

TulsaHawg

• Moderator for the Nutt Huggers
« Reply #468 on: October 21, 2018, 10:00:03 am »

I think the key for the Hogs is KBs relationship with CCM. It goes back several years.

Hogmatic

« Reply #469 on: October 21, 2018, 10:04:30 am »

I think the key for the Hogs is KBs relationship with CCM. It goes back several years.

I think I read or heard somewhere that Craddock helped CCM recruit him so that is another bond.  Craddock as OC is a big bonus if this is true.

Pinto

« Reply #470 on: October 21, 2018, 10:53:07 am »

Don't love the addition of the Mizzou visit. That's new.

Wish we had had for a game the fans attended and yelled, even if we lost. Would have been close to a lock in that case.

Yall are overrating the attendance aspect. Yeah it would have been better to have been playing a great team with a packed house but the fans that were there showed him all the love he could handle. He and his dad are rational people and both saw the potential of program. His dad even mentioned that he knows Coach Morris will have success with recruiting if he can continue to get elite prospects on campus for a visit.

Hogmatic

« Reply #471 on: October 21, 2018, 10:55:34 am »

Yall are overrating the attendance aspect. Yeah it would have been better to have been playing a great team with a packed house but the fans that were there showed him all the love he could handle. He and his dad are rational people and both saw the potential of program. His dad even mentioned that he knows Coach Morris will have success with recruiting if he can continue to get elite prospects on campus for a visit.

I want to thank you for adding your valuable perspective.  It has been fun to hear your views while being with him.

imtad16

« Reply #472 on: October 21, 2018, 11:13:34 am »

I want to thank you for adding your valuable perspective.  It has been fun to hear your views while being with him.

Yes, thanks for your insight as always Pinto.

FrankCourtneyNicodemus

« Reply #473 on: October 21, 2018, 12:48:16 pm »

Kelly Bryant will be to CM as Ryan Mallett was to BP?

JaketheSnake

« Reply #474 on: October 21, 2018, 01:24:26 pm »

Kelly Bryant will be to CM as Ryan Mallett was to BP?
No.  only one year.  But could sure help next year. 

Pinto

« Reply #475 on: October 21, 2018, 02:24:04 pm »

No.  only one year.  But could sure help next year.

Only one year but hes eligible immediately and he might create a greater impact in the recruiting world than getting Mallett did. Hard to compare due to the evolution of social media.

3kgthog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Don't PM me. I never read them.
« Reply #476 on: October 21, 2018, 03:57:48 pm »

His value as a headline grabber might be higher than his value as a player.

JaketheSnake

« Reply #477 on: October 21, 2018, 04:01:09 pm »

Only one year but hes eligible immediately and he might create a greater impact in the recruiting world than getting Mallett did. Hard to compare due to the evolution of social media.
Agreed. Cant really compare.  Mallet best year was his third.  Bryant has to make that immediate impact, which I believe he would here.

Hogmatic

« Reply #478 on: October 21, 2018, 04:12:10 pm »

He will help attract some stud JUCO Olineman for sure.  He has the best chance to be productive immediately at Arkansas with an offense that he knows, an OC that he knows and a HC that he knows.

King Kong

« Reply #479 on: October 21, 2018, 04:52:08 pm »

He has installed the Cowboys offense that they were running with Dak Prescott. It would be good for Bryant to run it for a year if he wants to improve his draft chances.

It is going to help Lock be a first round draft pick.

No, this is Dooleys first year as an OC. He has never worked with QBs he didnt installing any offense with the Cowboys. Pretty much just got yelled out by Dez and he let go because the WR play was bad.

Lock was getting first round grades before Dooley was hired.

Pinto

« Reply #481 on: October 21, 2018, 07:18:33 pm »

His value as a headline grabber might be higher than his value as a player.

Agreed. We need all the positive national exposure we can get

ricepig

« Reply #482 on: October 21, 2018, 07:51:17 pm »

I can just hear parents now... my kid spent 4 years at Mizzou and all I got is this lousy rock.

And I'm pretty sure you get a complimentary journalism degree too!

SugarHillGaHog

• Hogvillian
« Reply #483 on: October 21, 2018, 08:09:36 pm »

I don't feel all this hero worship and wanting of a QB that might never show up helps the confidence of the guys we have.  I'd really hate doing my job the best of my ability and hearing folks going crazy over someone to replace me that's sitting in the stands as I'm playing/injured.  I know it's part of the game but..  I don't like it much.

Pinto

« Reply #484 on: October 21, 2018, 08:12:33 pm »

I don't feel all this hero worship and wanting of a QB that might never show up helps the confidence of the guys we have.  I'd really hate doing my job the best of my ability and hearing folks going crazy over someone to replace me that's sitting in the stands as I'm playing/injured.  I know it's part of the game but..  I don't like it much.

Why is our fan base so soft and accepting of mediocrity(or actually less than)?

Porkys Revenge

« Reply #485 on: October 21, 2018, 08:19:25 pm »

I cant wait till next year when a play breaks down and KB scampers for 50 yards and a score.

ricepig

« Reply #486 on: October 21, 2018, 08:21:32 pm »

The coaches recruit players to take your position away from you every year, why do you think we offered you?

checkraiser88

« Reply #487 on: October 21, 2018, 08:32:52 pm »

I'm sure the coaches have talked to the current QB's about this whole thing

sickboy

« Reply #488 on: October 21, 2018, 09:31:41 pm »

Don't know if anyone's posted it, but he looks good in the uni (on left)

SugarHillGaHog

• Hogvillian
« Reply #489 on: October 21, 2018, 11:07:15 pm »

The coaches recruit players to take your position away from you every year, why do you think we offered you?

There is a big *** difference between knowing coaches are out recruiting and hearing fans cheer for your replacement AS YOU PLAY for them.  Especially when you are getting your first start or the injured starter on the sideline.

/love my hogs
//some fans not so much

woodhog14

« Reply #490 on: October 22, 2018, 01:13:00 pm »

There is a big *** difference between knowing coaches are out recruiting and hearing fans cheer for your replacement AS YOU PLAY for them.  Especially when you are getting your first start or the injured starter on the sideline.

/love my hogs
//some fans not so much
So you don't like our fans getting behind a graduate transfer that could come in and IMMEDIATELY makes us better? It makes our program better and the rebuild faster, but you don't like that because they cheered for him while we were playing. WOW! Makes sense... ::)

rhames

« Reply #491 on: October 22, 2018, 01:17:24 pm »

/love my hogs
//some fans not so much

No different than if he was an incoming 5 star freshman

Porkys Revenge

« Reply #492 on: October 22, 2018, 01:44:39 pm »

No different than if he was an incoming 5 star freshman
Yep. You can ask Kelly Bryant about that one.

Mike Irwin

« Reply #493 on: October 22, 2018, 02:13:38 pm »

Good grief. It's hard to believe some people can be so brain dead. Clearly the head coach believes that Kelly Bryant can help this football team next year. The young man would not have been here visiting if it weren't so. What, do some of you actually think you're going to save Morris from making a tragic mistake by following your advice? Talk about goofy.

Maybe some of ya'll need to take a look at this team's record so far this season. Do you really think at this critical time in the development of the football program that Morris could not use a quarterback with Bryant's skills? I appreciate what Ty Storey and Connor Noland have done to try to establish Morris' offense but only a complete meatball would pass on Bryant if he's interested in spending next season on the Hill.

Not only would he give this team a better chance to win but his presence would probably allow incoming freshmen QB K.J. Jefferson to redshirt and learn from him for a year.

Get a clue.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 02:55:14 pm by Mike Irwin »

jst01

« Reply #494 on: October 22, 2018, 02:19:08 pm »

Good grief. It's hard to believe some people can be so brain dead. Clearly the head coach of this football team believes that Kelly Bryant can help this football team next year. The young man would not have been here visiting if it weren't so. What, do some of you actually think you're going to save Morris from making a tragic mistake by following your advice? Talk about goofy.

Maybe some of ya'll need to take a look at this team's record so far this season. Do you really think at this critical time in the development of the football program that Morris could not use a quarterback with Bryant's skills? I appreciate what Ty Storey and Connor Noland have done to try to establish Morris' offense but only a complete meatball would pass on Bryant if he's interested in spending next season on the Hill.

Not only would he give this team a better chance to win but his presence would probably allow incoming freshmen QB K.J. Jefferson to redshirt and learn from him for a year.

Get a clue.

haha! True.  I love seeing which adjectives you have to use to describe some of the posters here...it must take some serious restraint.

Uberanubis

« Reply #495 on: October 22, 2018, 02:22:12 pm »

Good grief. It's hard to believe some people can be so brain dead. Clearly the head coach of this football team believes that Kelly Bryant can help this football team next year. The young man would not have been here visiting if it weren't so. What, do some of you actually think you're going to save Morris from making a tragic mistake by following your advice? Talk about goofy.

Get a clue.

Boardon Hamsay

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Eponymous Keeper of the War Damn Mockingbird Unis
« Reply #496 on: October 22, 2018, 04:03:20 pm »

Id be shocked if Kelly doesnt come

You willing to bet a set of differential bolts, a gas tank, and maybe a muffler bracket?

Hogbit

« Reply #497 on: October 22, 2018, 04:09:47 pm »

haha! True.  I love seeing which adjectives you have to use to describe some of the posters here...it must take some serious restraint.
Just seems that alot of folks want to crown him king before he even commits.

Boardon Hamsay

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Eponymous Keeper of the War Damn Mockingbird Unis
« Reply #498 on: October 22, 2018, 04:19:53 pm »

Clemson fan here. Wanted to give my insights about KB.

The list of possible desinations for Bryant include places like Auburn, Arkansas, UNC, and Louisville. I don't think UNC and Louisville are very likely for multiple reasons. These schools could very likely be breaking in new coaches before next year, and Bryant isn't familiar with their current offenses much less whatever scheme they might be running next year.

Given Malzahn's buyout it's pretty much a certainty that he will be at Auburn next year, and Morris will obviously be at Arkansas. The offense that Bryant has run at Clemson is a direct offshoot of the offense Morris brought to Clemson back in 2011, which Morris based off of what he learned from Gus Malzahn.

Kelly Bryant left Clemson for one specific reasonhe wanted to get as much of an opportunity to prove himself as a QB in order to get drafted by the NFL. We may disagree about just how much pro potential he might have, but there's no doubt that he believes in himself. For this reason I think he would be inclined to go to a team that runs an offense that he is familiar with in order to maximize his chances at being successful.

I don't think that winning is the most important factor in his decision or he would have chosen to stay at Clemson. Playing for Morris or Malzahn would give him a chance to prove himself without starting from scratch in a new offense.

If Malzahn and Morris are the two top choices, I would give Arkansas the advantage for a couple reasons. First, KB already has a personal relationship with Morris and has great respect for Morris by all accounts. He doesn't have this same relationship with Malzahn. Secondly, the QB situation at Auburn isn't as preferable with Stidham appearing more and more likely to return next year given his struggles this year. There's virtually zero chance that Bryant goes to Auburn if Stidham is still there.

As far as what KB can bring to your team, there's no doubt that he is an above average QB. If Clemson's goal was only to win the ACC and make it back to the playoff then he would have been an ideal fit to remain the starter in Clemson, but we have aspirations of a NC. There is doubt as to whether Bryant can take us the rest of the way from a semifinal loss to a championship win. That doesn't mean that he can't help the Hogs get from a few wins to a 8 or 9 win season next year.

Any team that runs Morris version of the HUNH spread is going to take time to adjust on defense to playing opposite of a no huddle offense. It wasn't until year 3 that our defense began to play up to their talent with Morris running the offense. We had a good bit of talent in the first two years, but defense has to play a lot more plays when the offense is in HUNH all of the time. That requires developing more depth that you need when you run the type of offense that Bret Bieliema ran.

Chad Morris is a much more creative playcaller than Tony Elliott at Clemson, and he tends to go much deeper into the playbook than our OC's have since he left in 2014. Also, his WR routes are much more diverse than we typically run at Clemson which typically lead to WR being able to get more separation (at least based on our offense under Morris vs under Elliott at Clemson). KB has the arm talent to get the ball to his receivers when they are open. His problem is that he usually isn't willing to throw the ball unless the WR is wide open. He won't even try to complete a pass if he thinks the WR will have to make a contested catch. This is the reason that I think that Bryant will actually be more successful statistically at Arkansas than he has been at Clemson.

You guys should take a major step forward between this year and next year no matter who plays QB, but I think Bryant would give you guys the best shot at winning more of those tough conference games that you have every year. I personally am hoping that he chooses to play for Morris.

Best of luck the rest of the year.

Good read. 'Preciate the info. Good luck to Clemson the rest of the season.

i think it's a coin flip at best. Sure, he seemingly has a good relationship with Morris but he's also looking for the best place to plug n play for NFL draft stock purposes. It basically comes down to whether his relationship with Morris/Craddock are enough to offset our lack of experience at WR and raw OL.  I could see him leading us to 7-8ish wins next year just as much as I could see him running for his life. I suppose the positive spin re: the running for his life part is he could come into a situation and really enhance the leadership section of his resume.

OLEJACKETFAN

« Reply #499 on: October 22, 2018, 05:05:21 pm »

Got about a 75% chance of getting KB. Was told by someone that sure enough knows!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 74   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas