• 10,682,016 Posts
• 418,482 Topics
• 24,567 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 75   Go Down

Author Topic: All Things Kelly Bryant MERGED — No New Threads  (Read 211005 times)

bulldog04

Re: Kelly Bryant Threads**Merged**
« Reply #350 on: October 18, 2018, 02:20:29 am »

What if Casey Dick had been a Jr BPs first year and you’ve got Ryan Mallett ready to start the next year. Yeah you feel bad for Casey but do you let that in any way influence your decision to start RM?
Same situation with Nathan. He just went ahead and transferred

Hogmatic

« Reply #351 on: October 18, 2018, 07:33:40 am »

He sounds like a great guy while on Bo's show.  I like his attitude.  I also like our chances.   He could escalate the program recovery by about 3 years.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Dwight_K_Shrute

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Follow @fakewallyhall.
    • Missing your favorite thread?  It's probably in Vents and Rumors
« Reply #352 on: October 18, 2018, 08:11:14 am »

He sounds like a great guy while on Bo's show.  I like his attitude.  I also like our chances.   He could escalate the program recovery by about 3 years.

I think it would help recruiting as well, create some buzz and just provide some much needed hope and positive momentum.  Likely help attendance next year as well. Fans have to do their part and show up for Tulsa game.

MTBrookHog

• Senior
  • Earl Campbell saying this is gonna hurt.
« Reply #353 on: October 18, 2018, 12:39:00 pm »

Is it against NCAA rules for David Williams to contact Bryant?

rzrbk4life

« Reply #354 on: October 18, 2018, 12:45:43 pm »

Hope we have someone set up to show him all the sorority houses, Dickson st., you know all the good things in Fayetteville...

hawganatic

• Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #355 on: October 18, 2018, 12:52:16 pm »

I think it would help recruiting as well

This is the true value of bringing Bryant in.  Morris will be able to run his full offense with him her and use that as a showcase for recruits.

Bryant won't make us a playoff contender, but he could be what helps bring in the guys that will make us playoff contenders.

RedSkiesAtNightHog

« Reply #356 on: October 18, 2018, 11:24:34 pm »

Hope we have someone set up to show him all the sorority houses, Dickson st., you know all the good things in Fayetteville...

I am sure he will get the full red carpet treatment!

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Nadine Coyle shakin it for the Hogs!!!!
« Reply #357 on: October 19, 2018, 06:06:38 am »

Under your analysis, if KB comes to Arkansas then Ty gets screwed.

I don't think Bryant will land at Arkansas, but if he did and he was handed the reins to the offense it would be because he is the better option. Does that mean that Storey gets the short end of the stick? Well maybe but it is no different in life where success or failure is sometimes a matter of being in the right place at the right time or the opposite of that. Storey has every chance to keep his job. Execute better than others competing for that job and he gets to keep his starting position. Every day, every week is a matter of competition.

Hogmatic

« Reply #358 on: October 19, 2018, 06:51:34 am »

I think it would help recruiting as well, create some buzz and just provide some much needed hope and positive momentum.  Likely help attendance next year as well. Fans have to do their part and show up for Tulsa game.

I agree about the recruiting.  It should help our Oline recruiting by attracting some stud JUCO talent.  It could cement our WR and TE commitments.

Hogmatic

« Reply #359 on: October 19, 2018, 06:53:47 am »

I don't think Bryant will land at Arkansas, but if he did and he was handed the reins to the offense it would be because he is the better option. Does that mean that Storey gets the short end of the stick? Well maybe but it is no different in life where success or failure is sometimes a matter of being in the right place at the right time or the opposite of that. Storey has every chance to keep his job. Execute better than others competing for that job and he gets to keep his starting position. Every day, every week is a matter of competition.

He is concerned about DEPTH so that could cause us to lose him.

plumbhog

If we get Bryant
« Reply #360 on: October 19, 2018, 12:46:25 pm »

to go along with this outstanding group of young receivers we have coming in, do you think we will be as successful as we were the first year we had Mallet and the last group of great receiver's?

Hollywood870

Re: If we get Bryant
« Reply #361 on: October 19, 2018, 12:47:33 pm »

Yes.

Swinelake

« Reply #362 on: October 19, 2018, 12:49:26 pm »

Potential to be more successful because we have a better D coordinator. But will probably be less successful because the competition is much MUCH steeper

Supermark101

« Reply #363 on: October 19, 2018, 01:05:16 pm »

No, OL must improve and the weapons will all be freshmen

HenduHog

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Razorbacks: Hostile and mobile
« Reply #364 on: October 19, 2018, 01:25:46 pm »

Agree about OL,  not as sure about freshman. If they are all they are cracked up to be they can compete. especially WR.

woodhog14

« Reply #365 on: October 19, 2018, 01:26:16 pm »

The first year Mallet started the 3 starting WR's were freshman. With a Jr. TE as well. I think we could be just as good as that 2009 team that went 7-5 next year with Bryant.

Wildhog

« Reply #366 on: October 19, 2018, 01:27:24 pm »

The first year Mallet started the 3 starting WR's were freshman. With a Jr. TE as well. I think we could be just as good as that 2009 team that went 7-5 next year with Bryant.

Adams, Wright, and Childs were sophomores Mallett's first year ('09).  Hamilton was a freshman, though.

jackflash

« Reply #367 on: October 19, 2018, 01:39:06 pm »

I want Bryant also. but we need to improve offensive line for him to have a chance

hogsanity

• Gold Hogvillian
  • You like my stripes, I know you do.
« Reply #368 on: October 19, 2018, 01:42:02 pm »

Adams, Wright, and Childs were sophomores Mallett's first year ('09).  Hamilton was a freshman, though.

dont be bringing in facts.

Hogbit

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #369 on: October 19, 2018, 01:48:44 pm »

Come on...chupacabra.   WPS

Paul

« Reply #370 on: October 19, 2018, 01:58:06 pm »

I want Bryant also. but we need to improve offensive line for him to have a chance
It's imperative that we get him especially if the Oline doesn't improve.  His athleticism & running ability will be more critical in that case so he can gain yards scrambling much like the OM qb did to us last week.  He won the game for them with his legs.

woodhog14

« Reply #371 on: October 19, 2018, 01:58:40 pm »

That's right! Brain fart!  :D

Been10Hog

« Reply #372 on: October 19, 2018, 02:04:01 pm »

Agree about OL,  not as sure about freshman. If they are all they are cracked up to be they can compete. especially WR.
If they can run and catch, they can run and catch! Don't quote me on that....

code red

• You can't handle the truth!!!!!!
« Reply #373 on: October 19, 2018, 02:15:11 pm »

No way....we may be worse next year. 

HoGs1031

• Varsity
« Reply #374 on: October 19, 2018, 02:36:09 pm »

OL will benefit from an experience QB who can read a D and make pre snap adjustments without looking to the sideline (not a knock on TY just the reality).

RazorPiggie

« Reply #375 on: October 19, 2018, 02:39:57 pm »

No we won't.

carolinahogger

• Hogvillian
« Reply #376 on: October 19, 2018, 02:40:05 pm »

dont be bringing in facts.

Agreed.  Hogville is a place for opinions, feelings, and impressions.

King Kong

« Reply #377 on: October 19, 2018, 02:46:12 pm »

Yes 8-5 can happen. We won’t throw it as well. But the points scored and wins should be close

HogJowler

« Reply #378 on: October 19, 2018, 03:13:14 pm »

It can happen.  I think we will pick up at least two JC OL.  With this offense the QB doesn't need as much time as a 7 step drop QB.  Read and React.  Better mobility also slows down the rush.

We haven't given up that many sacks.  Whaley, Boyd and CJ are all also good quick outlets.  Offense will work. 

Will we plug the holes on defense is the question??????????????????

TebowHater

• DMAC > teBLOW
« Reply #379 on: October 19, 2018, 05:00:33 pm »

Barring something major changing, Bryant is going to be a hog.

Would feel even better about it if the fans show up tomorrow.

247Hog

« Reply #380 on: October 19, 2018, 05:06:00 pm »

You basing this solely on his relationship with Morris?

HogCzar1

« Reply #381 on: October 19, 2018, 05:12:03 pm »

As in winless? With next year’s non conference schedule? No way.

Porkys Revenge

« Reply #382 on: October 19, 2018, 05:17:39 pm »

and chanted his name during the game.

Kel     Lee     B                  Kel    Lee    B

hog of steele

• Taxi, Take to Arkansas!
« Reply #383 on: October 19, 2018, 06:16:30 pm »

Concur.

If the argument is CBB tailed off at the end?  Those players are our Jr's next year.  Even if CCM were God-like in recruiting and ability (he's not), his players will be -- at best -- true Sophomores and not ready to be any SEC team's backbone.

1.  I don't believe CCM is special, far from it.
2.  Even if his Sophs are? It won't matter.

And this year was the "easy" schedule.

Lots of ifs here. Is this your evaluation? Is this your prediction? Put your name on it and own it. We may finish 2-10 this year. You think we finish 1-11 next year?

hog of steele

• Taxi, Take to Arkansas!
« Reply #384 on: October 19, 2018, 06:19:40 pm »

I don't see us winning 10 games but I think he gives us a shot at 7 or 8.

What I would love is that you would be putting a veteran QB in this system in the QB room. That could help us build the culture we need on this team if we are going to win consistently. I want Brant to come. I think we don't have what he is looking for. But if he does, it may help us in a way that isn't immediately obvious.

visiblefeet

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #385 on: October 19, 2018, 06:24:48 pm »

Is anybody monitoring his trip? Are they going to the Catfish Hole tonight?

farmhawg

« Reply #386 on: October 19, 2018, 06:32:47 pm »

Lots of ifs here. Is this your evaluation? Is this your prediction? Put your name on it and own it. We may finish 2-10 this year. You think we finish 1-11 next year?
she May have to call a code red.....but no one would listened to the cray cray now.

Cave City Joe

« Reply #387 on: October 19, 2018, 06:40:56 pm »

If you think we are going 7-5 next year then that's just wishful thinking. Offense isn't the problem.  It's going to take a few years to get our defense where they can stop anybody.

LZH

« Reply #388 on: October 19, 2018, 07:02:25 pm »

to go along with this outstanding group of young receivers we have coming in, do you think we will be as successful as we were the first year we had Mallet and the last group of great receiver's?

I think with KB at QB our bowl chances go up a game, maybe two. But the main question is, what in the hell are you holding in that picture? I live in Tampa Bay and I know there are fish everywhere down here that are big'ns, but that looks like a bass. What the hell is that?

Hogbit

« Reply #389 on: October 19, 2018, 07:26:41 pm »

I think with KB at QB our bowl chances go up a game, maybe two. But the main question is, what in the hell are you holding in that picture? I live in Tampa Bay and I know there are fish everywhere down here that are big'ns, but that looks like a bass. What the hell is that?
Looks like a big cat.

imtad16

« Reply #390 on: October 19, 2018, 07:34:05 pm »

If you think we are going 7-5 next year then that's just wishful thinking. Offense isn't the problem.  It's going to take a few years to get our defense where they can stop anybody.

The game of football (especially in 2018) is about the QB my man. This team isn't without it's holes yes, but if you don't have a QB you aren't going to win.  We hired Chad Morris to create a terrifying offense. IF we had Kelly Bryant this season we would have beat CSU, UNT, Ole Miss, and maybe even A&M. That would be 4-3 or 5-2 with our current parts. You give Chad Morris a duel threat QB that runs his offense like its second nature, we are going to do a lot of winning. So yeah 7-5 next season isn't that crazy. I want a good D too, but we've had the same critiques of our defense in the SEC since 1992 with a handful of exceptions hence let's hire someone to make the offense elite so we did.

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #391 on: October 19, 2018, 07:41:44 pm »

Lots of chips have to fall into place before we get there. Let's just win tomorrow and keep trying to get better in terms of our mental approach and execution. We'll see how good the recruited receivers turn out to be provided they actually sign with us. And we will see how good Bryant can be provided he decides on Arkansas as his choice.

Leadbelly

« Reply #392 on: October 19, 2018, 08:09:12 pm »

Concur.

If the argument is CBB tailed off at the end?  Those players are our Jr's next year.  Even if CCM were God-like in recruiting and ability (he's not), his players will be -- at best -- true Sophomores and not ready to be any SEC team's backbone.

1.  I don't believe CCM is special, far from it.
2.  Even if his Sophs are? It won't matter.

And this year was the "easy" schedule.
I’m gonna take a screenshot of this post for next year. YOU WILL BE WRONG!

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #393 on: October 19, 2018, 08:15:12 pm »

He is concerned about DEPTH so that could cause us to lose him.

I assume that you mean Bryant when you say, "he"? If he is half the QB that everyone thinks that he would be that should be his last concern.

And guess what? He isn't likely to come here if he doesn't have a pretty elevated indication from the staff that he will inherit the starting job by simply committing. That wouldn't be a guy who is concerned about our "depth" at QB.

Now if he makes Arkansas his choice I would suggest that you will see someone, maybe more than one at QB, transferring out. Even if he doesn't come here, there may be some of that. At least 1, maybe 2.

RedyorNot

« Reply #394 on: October 19, 2018, 08:39:48 pm »

Kelley said some of the "on field" things he was looking for was "guys returning, good quality depth at all positions, guys ready to come in and compete". We have that at the skill positions, especially RB and TE and studs at WR coming in, but there will be holes on the Oline and a center that so far, can't snap the ball correctly.

If Clary can get his act together we may have a chance.

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #395 on: October 19, 2018, 08:48:27 pm »

Kelley said some of the "on field" things he was looking for was "guys returning, good quality depth at all positions, guys ready to come in and compete". We have that at the skill positions, especially RB and TE and studs at WR coming in, but there will be holes on the Oline and a center that so far, can't snap the ball correctly.

If Clary can get his act together we may have a chance.

His decision won't be made based on the performance of Clary.

Hogs-n-Roses

• Coming to a Stadium Near You!
« Reply #396 on: October 19, 2018, 09:05:12 pm »

I've looked at farmhawgs avatar to long. What was the question?

Hogbit

« Reply #397 on: October 19, 2018, 09:08:53 pm »

I've looked at farmhawgs avatar to long. What was the question?
I noticed it earlier today. Very impressive.

LZH

« Reply #398 on: October 19, 2018, 09:14:00 pm »

Bastard. He's gonna make us guess.

plumbhog

« Reply #399 on: October 19, 2018, 09:21:13 pm »

LOL, that's a 45 lb. Blue Cat I caught a few weeks ago.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 75   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas