• 10,314,043 Posts
• 408,532 Topics
• 23,343 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: This Missouri team reminds me of Petrinoís teams  (Read 3179 times)

hoglady

Re: This Missouri team reminds me of Petrinoís teams
« Reply #100 on: September 22, 2018, 02:21:34 pm »

And those 2 beat us like we were a high school team so we were NEVER even close to being as good as them, that year anyway. That's the reality.

Better getting drummed by the #1and #2 teams in the country than getting drummed by North Texas.

ThisTeetsTaken

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • He is not here, for He has risen, just as He said
« Reply #101 on: September 22, 2018, 02:24:04 pm »

Better getting drummed by the #1and #2 teams in the country than getting drummed by North Texas.
This

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #102 on: September 22, 2018, 02:24:31 pm »

Agree, but that was very likely an exception.  I loved the top 5 finish like everyone else, but I knew it wasnít sustainable.  Forget about what one thinks about BPís coaching abilities, it wasnít sustainable due to talent.  It never will be as long as the SEC is the way it is today.  We are an ocean apart in talent from multiple SECW programs.  BP would have kept us very respectable IMO, but thatís it.  And thatís about our ceiling in the SEC.

Realistic view of what could have been vs the Legend of Bobby we often get here.  2012, 13 and 14 wouldnít have seen the bottom fall out. 

rtr

« Reply #103 on: September 22, 2018, 02:25:36 pm »

Mizzou's last gasp.  Wish they would have won.

ThisTeetsTaken

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • He is not here, for He has risen, just as He said
« Reply #104 on: September 22, 2018, 02:29:01 pm »

Agree, but that was very likely an exception.  I loved the top 5 finish like everyone else, but I knew it wasnít sustainable.  Forget about what one thinks about BPís coaching abilities, it wasnít sustainable due to talent.  It never will be as long as the SEC is the way it is today.  We are an ocean apart in talent from multiple SECW programs.  BP would have kept us very respectable IMO, but thatís it.  And thatís about our ceiling in the SEC.
Petrino wouldnít have had us in a BCS game every year but we would be in the top 25 every year IMO.  He was proving that before the wreck.

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs and Go Eric Musselman!
« Reply #105 on: September 22, 2018, 02:32:34 pm »

Who wants cheese with their whine?

rtr

« Reply #106 on: September 22, 2018, 02:33:38 pm »

Look forward to the Georgia-Kentucky game.

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #107 on: September 22, 2018, 02:34:48 pm »

Curles crew is awful for SEC football. 

HogPharmer

« Reply #108 on: September 22, 2018, 02:38:15 pm »

How is Curles still an official?

Heís officially crap

rtr

« Reply #109 on: September 22, 2018, 02:40:20 pm »

Say this for Mizzou they kept coming, did not quit.  We haven't seen much of that the last several years.

99toLife

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Crazy Times Make Crazy people Crazier!!!!
« Reply #110 on: September 22, 2018, 02:47:01 pm »

Say this for Mizzou they kept coming, did not quit.  We haven't seen much of that the last several years.

Exactly, we need some of that no quit.

Hopeful Hog

« Reply #111 on: September 22, 2018, 02:59:34 pm »

I agree itís truth, but I wonít applogize that I inferred that your reason for stating this truth was to minimize whatever success BP did achieve.

No one is asking for an apology, why would I want you to apologize for simply stating your opinion? I will however tell you that you are wrong. It was never my intent to minimize anything that Bobby Petrino did here, I mean really who could complain about 10 and 11 win season? I just get tired of hearing people reinvent history to make Bobby Petrino some kind of coaching Elite, he's a very good offensive coach and play caller but between here and Louisville he has shown he can't beat the top dogs. Especially when breaking into that top tier is on the line.

Hopeful Hog

« Reply #112 on: September 22, 2018, 03:12:31 pm »

I was thinking the same thing.  Petrino getting it handed to him today by Virginia.  His offense without a decent QB has scored 3 so far into the 4th quarter.  he's not the genius people think he is.  You still have to have players

Don't agree that that is our permanent ceiling but as for the rest, these two get it.

Gonzo

« Reply #113 on: September 22, 2018, 03:13:01 pm »

I mean really who could complain about 10 and 11 win season

Uh, you, several times, within this very thread. To borrow an overused phrase from the last administration, it's not very uncommon around here.

Go Hogs!

Hopeful Hog

« Reply #114 on: September 22, 2018, 03:21:00 pm »

Uh, you, several times, within this very thread. To borrow an overused phrase from the last administration, it's not very uncommon around here.

Go Hogs!

Go Hogs!

Uh, didn't, uh, complain once, uh, about, uh, the 10 or 11 wins he put up but, uh, whatever you think, uh, superfan.

Go Hogs!

rtr

« Reply #115 on: September 22, 2018, 03:31:52 pm »

Go Hogs!

Uh, didn't, uh, complain once, uh, about, uh, the 10 or 11 wins he put up but, uh, whatever you think, uh, superfan.

Go Hogs!
You don't wear your opinions well.

Gonzo

« Reply #116 on: September 22, 2018, 04:22:29 pm »

You don't wear your opinions well.

Lol. So true, it's like some folks have to really try to be so obtuse.

Go Hogs!

rtr

« Reply #117 on: September 22, 2018, 04:27:44 pm »

Lol. So true, it's like some folks have to really try to be so obtuse.

Go Hogs!

Go Hogs.

3kgthog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Don't PM me. I never read them.
« Reply #118 on: September 22, 2018, 04:30:47 pm »

What's the score now, 33-14? You're right that does remind me of the BP days when we played some of the top competition.

The only teams that legitimately whooped BPís two best teams were LSU and Bama squads that had arguably the two best defenses seen in the last 25 years. EVERYONE got destroyed by those two teams.

But if youíd rather bash that coach and take what weíve got now, go for it.

HogBreath

« Reply #119 on: September 22, 2018, 04:38:18 pm »

I get what you're saying and yeah all does matter but when more than likely your ceiling is 3rd best in the conference it stops being fun and more hollow to just compete for 3rd and 4th best with no real chance of being in the NC picture. Of course flirting with double digit wins is worlds better than now but, to me, it's hollow if you're not ever truly in the NC hunt.
You're not really catching on to this, it would appear.

Hollow.  Lol.

mizzouman

« Reply #120 on: September 22, 2018, 04:52:34 pm »

Lost by 14. Gave up a fumble recovery and a block punt for TDís. Thatís the way it goes sometimes.

JackJohnson

« Reply #121 on: September 22, 2018, 04:55:54 pm »

Will this Mizzou team go 6-2 in the SEC and make a big time bowl and/or finish top 5 in the country. ?If so then yea they will remind me of the CBP teams...

Bubba's Bruisers

« Reply #122 on: September 22, 2018, 04:56:58 pm »

No one is asking for an apology, why would I want you to apologize for simply stating your opinion? I will however tell you that you are wrong. It was never my intent to minimize anything that Bobby Petrino did here, I mean really who could complain about 10 and 11 win season? I just get tired of hearing people reinvent history to make Bobby Petrino some kind of coaching Elite, he's a very good offensive coach and play caller but between here and Louisville he has shown he can't beat the top dogs. Especially when breaking into that top tier is on the line.

Fair enough.  I wouldn't characterize him as elite by national standards, be he is absolutely elite by Razorback standards. 

Bubba's Bruisers

« Reply #123 on: September 22, 2018, 04:59:23 pm »

Lost by 14. Gave up a fumble recovery and a block punt for TDís. Thatís the way it goes sometimes.

That fumble recover for a TD early in the game was typical Marc Curles.  The TE was stopped by 2 defenders, then pushed back 2 yards, then ball is striped.  Should have been blown dead, no fumble.

InHognito

« Reply #124 on: September 22, 2018, 04:59:45 pm »

Meanwhile, the Scott Frost nightmare continues.  39-0 Michigan before halftime and Michigan has the ball.

Say what you will but Frost is a good coach. Id switch him for Morris this minute.

That said, if he is that good and is struggling that much, maybe there is hope of us yet.

Bubba's Bruisers

« Reply #125 on: September 22, 2018, 05:02:28 pm »

Say what you will but Frost is a good coach. Id switch him for Morris this minute.

That said, if he is that good and is struggling that much, maybe there is hope of us yet.

Frost will get it turned around.  And he'll get to do it in one of the most cherry divisions in college football.

rtr

« Reply #126 on: September 22, 2018, 05:10:57 pm »

You have a good football team and a fine coach.

mizzouman

« Reply #127 on: September 22, 2018, 06:39:25 pm »

Another call that didnít go our way. GA WR clearly dropped the ball prior to going into the end zone. But, again part of the game that you must over come.

https://www.rockmnation.com/2018/9/22/17891172/missouri-football-georgia-controversial-plays-loss

hawgball40

« Reply #128 on: September 22, 2018, 07:27:18 pm »

And we did. A lot. Until we played the ones that really mattered. A lot like what he's done since being back at Louisville, with a Heisman QB no less.
re: losing the games that really mattered - we were at a huge talent disadvantage in every game we lost. we had bama beat in 2010 and ran out of gas in the 4th quarter after manhandling them for 3 quarters. 2011, we came out and punched bama and lsu in the mouth and then got blown out. 2012-2016, if bobby was here, we would have challenged bama. all those players he left behind in those last two classes alone turned out to be very special players for us, not to mention all the big classes he would have inevitably signed. his recruiting was getting better, and he was actually starting to be able to poach the scraps from bama and lsu, which gave us some good players like flowers and philon.
re: louisville - a 3 star heisman qb, on a roster comprised of mostly 3 star recruits.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas