Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Talent  (Read 3070 times)

#1 STUNNA

Talent
« on: September 16, 2018, 10:41:47 am »

Thats where it starts and where it ends... you guys are idiots if you think we have enough of it to overcome the changes that were made over the off season.... especially with A new offensive and defensive scheme...only time will tell if this was a good hire or not... definitely not 3 games into the disaster that Bert built... We have half the talent we need to be competitive. Recruiting will get better, or at least we are starting to get players that other SEC schools want. Cant say that under the previous ball coach.

online-with-swine

Re: Talent
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 10:53:54 am »

Soft mentally, soft physically just like their last coach.  CBB set up a culture of failure.  And even worse, he made it where losing was acceptable.  Every upperclassmen needs to be jettisoned.  They are broken and lost.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 11:03:26 am »

Soft mentally, soft physically just like their last coach.  CBB set up a culture of failure.  And even worse, he made it where losing was acceptable.  Every upperclassmen needs to be jettisoned.  They are broken and lost.
A lazy culture... majority upper classman need to be shown the door...

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2018, 11:07:46 am »

2015 we signed 25 players.... 11 of them didnt have another SEC offer.

2016 we signed 22 players.... 10 of them didnt have another SEC offer.

2017 we signed 24 players.... 13 of them didnt have another SEC offer.

2018 we signed 18 players.... 5 of them didnt have another SEC offer.

2019 we have 19 commits so far...3 of them dont have another SEC offer.

and people think we have enough talent...lolololol

lilredheadedlady

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2018, 11:16:43 am »

Thatís horrible.

rzrbk4life

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2018, 11:19:13 am »

And people wonder why Bama, Georgia, OU, OSU, etc. are always so good. Look at their recruiting classes...

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2018, 11:19:53 am »

Thatís horrible.
morris has improved recruiting so far at least the first class and the commits he has for 2019... We just need to show the previous classes the door.

ChuckMorrris

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2018, 11:24:29 am »

North Texas 2015 recruiting ranking ---- 94
https://247sports.com/college/north-texas/Season/2015-Football/Commits/

Arkansas 2015 recruiting ranking ---- 22
https://247sports.com/college/arkansas/Season/2015-Football/Commits/

All the following years trend roughly the same.  No doubt we need more talent for the SEC but North Texas should never beat us by 4 TD's.  So, what's the problem?

I believe it's a coach who is unprepared (out of his depth).  I hope we don't have to wait three or four years for the PTB to come to the same conclusion and then hire someone who needs another 4 years to bring in his players.  How does not being competitive again until 2025 grab you....? 

Figure out who can handle the job and take some time to stalk em out and bring em in. 

Hogwallup

• Senior
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2018, 11:26:46 am »

we are starting to get players that other SEC schools want.

Which SEC schools?

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2018, 11:31:16 am »

All the following years trend roughly the same.  No doubt we need more talent for the SEC but North Texas should never beat us by 4 TD's.  So, what's the problem?

I believe it's a coach who is unprepared (out of his depth).  I hope we don't have to wait three or four years for the PTB to come to the same conclusion and then hire someone who needs another 4 years to bring in his players.  How does not being competitive again until 2025 grab you....? 

Figure out who can handle the job and take some time to stalk em out and bring em in. 
Some of those kids for UNT are in their 3rd season with their coach.... They have improved every season under him. I wont jump off the Morris train until he has his players and system in place. Its not as easy of a transition as everyone thinks. Only time will tell though. That UNT team might go undefeated this year.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2018, 11:33:52 am »

Which SEC schools?
Think of it this way... our 3 WR commitments for the 2019 class have more SEC offers than all of the receivers we have on campus combined.

ChuckMorrris

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2018, 11:37:52 am »

very true, but we are shockingly awful.  I hope I'm wrong and we get better, but this is the worst I have ever seen us look.  We've lost games to school like NT before but never like this....I mean they had to take their foot off the throttle in the 4th quarter.

Yesterday was the most embarrassing loss in school history (inferior opponent, margin of defeat et al.)   Another 9 in row, just like yesterday, will probably kill this recruiting class.  Then what?

WOOPIGDOOIE

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2018, 11:43:46 am »

#uncommon

lol thank you for taking the time to look up this information. I knew we lacked talent, but this really brings it into perspective of how little we have.

hoghevn

• Varsity
    • Apollo Metal Specialties-Division of G&G Fab & Weld
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2018, 11:57:06 am »

Some of those kids for UNT are in their 3rd season with their coach.... They have improved every season under him. I wont jump off the Morris train until he has his players and system in place. Its not as easy of a transition as everyone thinks. Only time will tell though. That UNT team might go undefeated this year.

We definitely have a lack of talent compared to other SEC schools, but not North Texas.  We can reason all day long, and argue CCM is the right/wrong coach. (I want to believe he is).  Beliema was a disgusting coach who left us with out of shape, fat and lazy players,(with a horrible mind set), but answer this one question for me...... 

How is it that basic skills like blocking, tackling, pass coverage, punting & kicking are so void and missing?

FANONTHEHILL

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2018, 12:03:07 pm »

If you just look at recruiting classes, Arkansas should never win a conference game.  You get the best you can get, them coach them up.  Coach Bielema didnít get it done and was fired.  I like him, but he simply didnít get it done.  The current staff hasnít given any of us confidence to believe anything has changed.  That is the concern.  Even with a new system, they shouldnít all look lost.  The staff should find what works and use it, then implement what they eventually want the system to be piece by piece.  You may not buy the groceries, but you can still find a way to make a meal.  Thatís coaching.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 07:00:22 pm by FANONTHEHILL »

impact

• Varsity
  • Worfhog Pimpin in Pantone 201
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2018, 12:06:49 pm »

Gerry Bohanon was a must get type for this offense. Hopefully, KJ Jefferson can take us to the next level.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2018, 09:28:38 am »

We should have some guys from this class that can come in and help right away. We gotta start getting the type of kids that can play from Day 1. Definitely a hard task but at least now we are signing SEC talent.

Kicking Wing

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2018, 09:37:42 am »

I wouldn't pay so much attention to recruiting rankings.  You look at the number and quality of actual offers where a kid made an official visit.  The bulk of recruits are three stars but there is a world of difference from one to the next.

It is especially bad when your talent is deficient at QB and on the OL.  Arkansas does not have a QB that would start at another SEC or most good G5 schools.  When those QBs are behind a line that starts a true freshman, you have a recipe for disaster.  A true freshman should almost never play as an OL in the FBS, much less the SEC.  They are not going to be physically ready or mentally ready for the speed of the game.  If those guys crack your top 5 then you have depth issues.

My personal opinion is that the only way Arkansas is going to be competitive in the SEC is to get kids from Texas and they don't have to be 4 or 5 star kids for the most part.  You are not going to make a living recruiting in Fayetteville trying to get kids from three or four states away and there is not enough talent in OK, AR and MO.

Morris can coach but it will take some time.

hogsanity

• Gold Hogvillian
  • You like my stripes, I know you do.
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2018, 09:44:44 am »

Go back farther, almost all of our recruiting classes since joining the sec have been like that.

We should have some guys from this class that can come in and help right away. We gotta start getting the type of kids that can play from Day 1. Definitely a hard task but at least now we are signing SEC talent.

Guys that CAN play from day one or HAVE to play from day 1. I mean we have started 3 tr fr at MLB in the last 6 seasons, Eliis, Greenlaw and Pool, all because they HAD to play as FR because we literally had no one else to play there.

hawgtime

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2018, 09:45:05 am »

good stats.   we just need to know if the ones we got last year can do it in the SEC and pull in some studs that can START right away.  that should be a GREAT recruiting tool.  come to arkansas and PLAY right now and then go to the NFL.  they will be playing in the SEC and will be able to showcase their talents!

hawgon

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2018, 09:47:27 am »

North Texas did have more talent than us in the one way that matters and in the way that Bielema never understood...SPEED.  UNT was definitely the fastest team and Bert didnít value speed at all.  Throw recruiting rankings out the door because Texas is full of two star recruits who can run under 4.5 forties who with a little coaching, will make a higher ranked recruit who is a tenth of a second slower look silly.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2018, 09:50:10 am »

Go back farther, almost all of our recruiting classes since joining the sec have been like that.

Guys that CAN play from day one or HAVE to play from day 1. I mean we have started 3 tr fr at MLB in the last 6 seasons, Eliis, Greenlaw and Pool, all because they HAD to play as FR because we literally had no one else to play there.

yep it does go back further... but right now it looks to be changing at least its trending that way.

And We need guys that can play from day one... not ones that have to.

Need to start recruiting good kids with work ethic.... those are the types that dont quit on their teammates... I think Morris did it with the last class and is doing it with this class.... We need to find a way to get Henry on board.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2018, 09:51:00 am »

good stats.   we just need to know if the ones we got last year can do it in the SEC and pull in some studs that can START right away.  that should be a GREAT recruiting tool.  come to arkansas and PLAY right now and then go to the NFL.  they will be playing in the SEC and will be able to showcase their talents!

not sure if they can or not... but at least other SEC schools wanted them.. so thats at least a plus.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2018, 09:52:09 am »

North Texas did have more talent than us in the one way that matters and in the way that Bielema never understood...SPEED.  UNT was definitely the fastest team and Bert didnít value speed at all.  Throw recruiting rankings out the door because Texas is full of two star recruits who can run under 4.5 forties who with a little coaching, will make a higher ranked recruit who is a tenth of a second slower look silly.
The team with the better line and QB will always win at least most of the time. Right now we have neither.

hawgon

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2018, 09:53:31 am »

The team with the better line and QB will always win at least most of the time. Right now we have neither.

Well, thatís true too.  And the offensive line is definitely one area where a group of lower ranking recruits who have been together and understand the system, can out perform a gaggle of higher ranked players.

TNRazorbacker

« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2018, 10:01:22 am »

Arkansas will never be the kind of school that recruits large numbers of players that can come in and make an immediate impact. Weíll get them here and there but not in numbers. Our path to success is in development which requires time.  Thats why any new coach will need a few years before being judged. This particularly true when you inherit a team that was struggling already and the scheme you run is 180 different on top of it.

Success is by no means guaranteed in this regard. We may get down the road and discover Morris isnt the answer. This doesnít change the validity of the approach though.

Nobody wants to bear another 2-3 years of bad to mediocre football for the mere chance of being better- me either, I get it.  But an almost certain path to failure is a revolving door of short tenured coaches so no consistency is achieved in either play or recruiting. Nobody worth having wants to coach or play at a place like that. Itís crucial that we guard against hair trigger emotionality in this ordeal.

Al Boarland

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2018, 10:02:23 am »

Did any of them have any N Texas offers?

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2018, 10:08:39 am »

Arkansas will never be the kind of school that recruits large numbers of players that can come in and make an immediate impact. Weíll get them here and there but not in numbers. Our path to success is in development which requires time.  Thats why any new coach will need a few years before being judged. This particularly true when you inherit a team that was struggling already and the scheme you run is 180 different on top of it.

Success is by no means guaranteed in this regard. We may get down the road and discover Morris isnt the answer. This doesnít change the validity of the approach though.

Nobody wants to bear another 2-3 years of bad to mediocre football for the mere chance of being better- me either, I get it.  But an almost certain path to failure is a revolving door of short tenured coaches so no consistency is achieved in either play or recruiting. Nobody worth having wants to coach or play at a place like that. Itís crucial that we guard against hair trigger emotionality in this ordeal.
Dont have to recruit a large number of kids that play day 1. Just need a couple every class. Develop the kids that cant play day 1. And ride the backs of the kids that can. We have a very good stable of receivers coming in next year, especially if we can pull in knox. I expect them to contribute early and often next year. But we gotta do it at more positions. D line is looking like it will be a strength in the future. We just gotta find our QB and keep developing our offensive lineman.

Bebop

« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2018, 05:15:28 pm »

Add CSU to the mix, as well. However, we don't have enough talent to beat either team. Whatever :-\

Mjs84

« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2018, 06:06:59 pm »

Thats where it starts and where it ends... you guys are idiots if you think we have enough of it to overcome the changes that were made over the off season.... especially with A new offensive and defensive scheme...only time will tell if this was a good hire or not... definitely not 3 games into the disaster that Bert built... We have half the talent we need to be competitive. Recruiting will get better, or at least we are starting to get players that other SEC schools want. Cant say that under the previous ball coach.

Hey little man, maybe you're right about a few things.  But don't think for a second that we didn't recruit well enough to avoid getting bent over at home against NT and lose a comfortable lead against Colorado ST.

Now come SEC, yes, recruiting will be a problem and we can blame Brets fat ars all week.

Bottom line, we should be 3-0 right now and only slightly suspect of Morris, with no earthly idea of the beating were about to take.  Instead, we are well aware of Chads shortcomings and the team is about to be on the operating table without anesthesia.

#1 stunna?  More like #2 floater.  In the toilet bowl.  Be sure and wipe next time. 

Rudy Baylor

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Striking fear into Hogville one bobble at a time
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2018, 06:25:38 pm »

This entire thread is a just bunch of excuses for the head coach not being able to do his job

Talent deficient versus Colorado State and North Texas my ass

Al Boarland

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2018, 06:27:25 pm »

This entire thread is a just bunch of excuses for the head coach not being able to do his job

Talent deficient versus Colorado State and North Texas my ass

I remember posts about how many games we should have won the last two years, but the coaching sucked.

Rudy Baylor

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Striking fear into Hogville one bobble at a time
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2018, 06:32:48 pm »

I remember posts about how many games we should have won the last two years, but the coaching sucked.

Me too

Get rid of a bad coach, hire another bad coach

Great idea!

ChuckMorrris

« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2018, 07:22:44 pm »

Me too

Get rid of a bad coach, hire another bad coach

Great idea!

Yeah, start looking.  CCM looks like a clown running across a minefield

Jonbo

« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2018, 08:32:38 pm »

Post of the week right here.

Qadi999

« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2018, 08:42:47 pm »

Here is the problem that the coach will never come out and say publicly. This coaching staff does not like the type of players that he took over from Bert. They have been playing a lot of players to get playing exp so that they are not dependent on those players, that is why there is no consistency.  until he can get the players that best fit what he wants to do up to speed you won't see very much consistency.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2018, 09:38:14 pm »

Hey little man, maybe you're right about a few things.  But don't think for a second that we didn't recruit well enough to avoid getting bent over at home against NT and lose a comfortable lead against Colorado ST.

Now come SEC, yes, recruiting will be a problem and we can blame Brets fat ars all week.

Bottom line, we should be 3-0 right now and only slightly suspect of Morris, with no earthly idea of the beating were about to take.  Instead, we are well aware of Chads shortcomings and the team is about to be on the operating table without anesthesia.

#1 stunna?  More like #2 floater.  In the toilet bowl.  Be sure and wipe next time.
do us all a favor and jump off the cliff.. lol... we are talentless everywhere.. open your eyes... Morris might suck definitely a possibility... but so does this roster regardless of who we play. Go look at the kids we have signed over the past 4 years... pathetic offer lists besides a select few that have moved on or underachieved severely. Little man.. Lmmfao

Mjs84

« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2018, 12:37:31 am »

do us all a favor and jump off the cliff.. lol... we are talentless everywhere.. open your eyes... Morris might suck definitely a possibility... but so does this roster regardless of who we play. Go look at the kids we have signed over the past 4 years... pathetic offer lists besides a select few that have moved on or underachieved severely. Little man.. Lmmfao

We've been top 30 little man.  Thats worst in the SEC but better than all of our oponents so far.  Your just a floating turd if you think those schools have better players.  Take a beating like that at home from NT...you can't be serious.  Your posts stink little guy.  Time to shut up and flush.

Mjs84

« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2018, 12:40:40 am »

Yeah, start looking.  CCM looks like a clown running across a minefield

I bet NTEXAS coach could come here, coach our guys we have now and be 3-0 going into Aub game.

Mjs84

« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2018, 12:49:09 am »

This one's for you little man.  Hope you can read. 

Hint: skip to 25.  Also, none of our first 3 oponents made that list.

Case closed.  Somebody light a match!

https://n.rivals.com/news/rivals-top-50-recruiting-teams-of-the-past-five-years

Sivad

« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2018, 12:49:44 am »

I bet NTEXAS coach could come here, coach our guys we have now and be 3-0 going into Aub game.
No doubt about it. And there would be cheers instead of boos in RRS.

Mjs84

« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2018, 12:55:44 am »

No doubt about it. And there would be cheers instead of boos in RRS.

I agree the team has some weaknesses, but come on!  The rebuilding crap can only be used to a certain point.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2018, 06:57:09 am »

This one's for you little man.  Hope you can read. 

Hint: skip to 25.  Also, none of our first 3 oponents made that list.

Case closed.  Somebody light a match!

https://n.rivals.com/news/rivals-top-50-recruiting-teams-of-the-past-five-years
underachieved... no surprise... we knew that before the link you posted.. lol... our top recruits havenít done crap and the ones that were supposed to be developed didnít get developed or just suck like their offer list out of high school.

Hogwild

« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2018, 08:39:15 am »

Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Miss St, A&M, the other 5 teams in the West that aren't on probation, do we have anyone on our roster that would start for their defenses? If so who?

I already know the answer is no with regard to offense.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2018, 09:34:50 am »

Ty Storey- Had offer from Alabama and Auburn... 237th rated player in his class overall
Cole Kelley- best offers Kentucky and colo state.. 870 rated player in his class
Hyatt- Louisville/Miami... 431 rated player in class
Noland- A&M/ ole miss... 341 rated player in class
Jones- Kansas/ Tex tech... 1676 rated player in class

EasyRider81

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2018, 10:07:21 am »

I know we have way more talent than Colorado St or North Texas. If Morris can't figure out how to beat them he'll never succeed in the SEC. Fact.

hogcards

« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2018, 10:13:08 am »

Beilema wouldn't have lost either of these last two games, and he was also an awful coach.

Someone did. Let that sink in.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2018, 10:21:17 am »

Beilema wouldn't have lost either of these last two games, and he was also an awful coach.

Someone did. Let that sink in.

No excuse to lose either game. Regardless of who is coaching. But new coach.. new system.. this season was never gonna be great because we dont have the talent to overcome those changes.

hogcards

« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2018, 10:25:21 am »

Going into the season nobody expected this season to be great.  6-8 wins was what seemed to be predicted across the board.  Nobody thought they could have possibly been worse.

They'll have trouble winning 4 games now.

Words of wisdom-Don't hire losing coaches.

hawgon

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2018, 10:25:44 am »

The point is that when you make a complete scheme change and change in philosophy like this, your apt to play worse than your talent for a bit until the changes take hold and you begin to improve.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas