Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Talent  (Read 3007 times)

Ramtough

• Senior
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Re: Talent
« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2018, 10:28:09 am »

Thats where it starts and where it ends... you guys are idiots if you think we have enough of it to overcome the changes that were made over the off season.... especially with A new offensive and defensive scheme...only time will tell if this was a good hire or not... definitely not 3 games into the disaster that Bert built... We have half the talent we need to be competitive. Recruiting will get better, or at least we are starting to get players that other SEC schools want. Cant say that under the previous ball coach.
NT had the best QB in the stadium Saturday and I would say The same for Hansen if we played AState. One thing about a offensive minded coach is he will go find a QB. This is a real problem!!

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2018, 10:29:38 am »

The point is that when you make a complete scheme change and change in philosophy like this, your apt to play worse than your talent for a bit until the changes take hold and you begin to improve.
hopefully we see some improvements soon!

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

HogPharmer

« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2018, 10:30:43 am »

2015 we signed 25 players.... 11 of them didnt have another SEC offer.

2016 we signed 22 players.... 10 of them didnt have another SEC offer.

2017 we signed 24 players.... 13 of them didnt have another SEC offer.

2018 we signed 18 players.... 5 of them didnt have another SEC offer.

2019 we have 19 commits so far...3 of them dont have another SEC offer.

and people think we have enough talent...lolololol

This is why we should have given Bret 2 or 3 more years. He had a top notch class that he was combing for success.

Mjs84

« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2018, 10:30:52 am »

No excuse to lose either game. Regardless of who is coaching. But new coach.. new system.. this season was never gonna be great because we dont have the talent to overcome those changes.

Because NTEXAS and Colorado ST recruit better than Arkansas?   I'm really looking forward to seeing all your stupid posts this season.  #2 Floater!  The turd that won't flush.

HogPharmer

« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2018, 10:32:10 am »

Which SEC schools?

Doesn't matter, because no matter which SEC school it is, or who they are, they're still better than us.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2018, 10:34:37 am »

Because NTEXAS and Colorado ST recruit better than Arkansas?   I'm really looking forward to seeing all your stupid posts this season.  #2 Floater!  The turd that won't flush.
still hiding in moms basement? such an angry person... I might keep this going for a while just bother you... BUM

HogPharmer

« Reply #56 on: September 18, 2018, 10:48:42 am »

Going into the season nobody expected this season to be great.  6-8 wins was what seemed to be predicted across the board.  Nobody thought they could have possibly been worse.

They'll have trouble winning 4 games now.

Words of wisdom-Don't hire losing coaches.

Anyone who was truly expecting 7 or 8 wins this season was destined to have the mental break down you've been having the last couple of weeks. You've got no one to blame but yourself for that. Instead, you (and several others in the same boat as you) have focused your anger and shifted the blame for your unrealistic expectations for the season to the coach; a coach that you absolutely loved until you saw just how bare this cupboard is.

WMHawgfan

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Left Lane Hammer Down!
« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2018, 11:14:33 am »

Anyone who was truly expecting 7 or 8 wins this season was destined to have the mental break down you've been having the last couple of weeks. You've got no one to blame but yourself for that. Instead, you (and several others in the same boat as you) have focused your anger and shifted the blame for your unrealistic expectations for the season to the coach; a coach that you absolutely loved until you saw just how bare this cupboard is.
Agreed, most thought we would win our non conference games and at best steal 1 conference game, 2 if you were wearing rose colored glasses.

Now though, unless there is dramatic improvement I don't see us winning any conference games and we may not even beat Tulsa.

I am in the group now that says cut the cancer out, take the lumps and give the experience to the younger players. regardless of the next two classes you are going to need those players to perform if things are going to get any better.

Mjs84

« Reply #58 on: September 18, 2018, 11:19:54 am »

still hiding in moms basement? such an angry person... I might keep this going for a while just bother you... BUM

Yes, the tired and used mom's basement comebacks, just stick with football for now.  I mean, you suck at that too.  But you manage to fool yourself less.

OkieBack

« Reply #59 on: September 18, 2018, 11:36:59 am »

Dont have to recruit a large number of kids that play day 1. Just need a couple every class. Develop the kids that cant play day 1. And ride the backs of the kids that can. We have a very good stable of receivers coming in next year, especially if we can pull in knox. I expect them to contribute early and often next year. But we gotta do it at more positions. D line is looking like it will be a strength in the future. We just gotta find our QB and keep developing our offensive lineman.

Agree 100%.  I think these first 3 games shouldn't be a reflection so much on the current coaches as it should be on the previous coach.  I don't think Arkansas has had less talent on the field for a 1st year coach since probably Joe Kines who followed Jack Crowe.  No, chalk this situation up mostly to CBB.  CBB simply did not recruit skill players which is where we are hurting badly right now.  I think the Defense can make the most progress this year at least with implementing Chavis' system.  I think the Defense will be quite competitive this time next season and depending on the talent Morris brings in for the offense the team will reflect more appropriately what this staff can and will do. 

My expectations have been tossed out the window for this season, but I am still hopeful.  If you've watched any team go through this transition, there will come a game where the light bulb seems to click on and the team starts competing and making strides.  Go back and watch what Missouri did once they figured out Heupel's offense.  It's just a painful process and the SEC schedule is going to make it worse before it starts getting better.  But it will get better.  Help is on the way.  But the coaches at least deserve to recruit their type of players.  It's up to the current players to change the attitude of the team and start making a difference for the next group of Hogs.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #60 on: September 18, 2018, 12:09:03 pm »

Yes, the tired and used mom's basement comebacks, just stick with football for now.  I mean, you suck at that too.  But you manage to fool yourself less.
this would be a lot of fun... if your opinion mattered... lol... where did you coach at? Play at? Let’s here what kind of experience you have Mr. expert!!! You should have plenty with your negativity to the situation!

Mjs84

« Reply #61 on: September 18, 2018, 07:11:15 pm »

this would be a lot of fun... if your opinion mattered... lol... where did you coach at? Play at? Let’s here what kind of experience you have Mr. expert!!! You should have plenty with your negativity to the situation!

So what, you think you just make some goofy post and live out a fantasy?  The tuth is what matters.  Not opinions, something your having trouble with.  I saw you admit earier to saying there's no excuse for Morris to have lost these last 2.  Looks like your slowly starting to get it.  You may have this half way figured out in the next 4 yrs.  You seem to have a lot of time on your hands, so either youre working the night shift at Arbys, or you live off of our taxes.  But please, don't hesitate to report back to me about how you feel.  I know Arbys doesn't care.  After all were both Hog fans, even if your still trying to get it.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #62 on: September 19, 2018, 09:17:52 am »

So what, you think you just make some goofy post and live out a fantasy?  The tuth is what matters.  Not opinions, something your having trouble with.  I saw you admit earier to saying there's no excuse for Morris to have lost these last 2.  Looks like your slowly starting to get it.  You may have this half way figured out in the next 4 yrs.  You seem to have a lot of time on your hands, so either youre working the night shift at Arbys, or you live off of our taxes.  But please, don't hesitate to report back to me about how you feel.  I know Arbys doesn't care.  After all were both Hog fans, even if your still trying to get it.

Come through my drive through and ill S*** on your food you freaking stud!!! Now if we could just get you to get a degree in teaching maybe we can hire you when Morris is gone!!!!

Mjs84

« Reply #63 on: September 19, 2018, 05:37:39 pm »

Come through my drive through and ill S*** on your food you freaking stud!!! Now if we could just get you to get a degree in teaching maybe we can hire you when Morris is gone!!!!

Thanks number 2!  You've been dropping enough duces on this thread, I don't think anybody needs to come see you at work.  I'm getting em right here for free.  Besides, all this defecation can be bad for your health.  Morris needs all the support he can get right now.  If the good Ole boys wanna pay me 10 million to win 1 game, I'm on board with that.  At that point, you would literally be crapping in your own casket.  For real, I hope he does get HIS players and I hope they can run HIS offense. I think he's been soft.   Right now, his complete body of work as a head coach still stinks to HIGH HELL.  Time will tell, but it's not good so far.  Yikes!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas