• 10,348,520 Posts
• 409,501 Topics
• 23,408 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: White River has been pretty good to me the past 3 weeks.  (Read 1612 times)

Albert Einswine

White River has been pretty good to me the past 3 weeks.
« on: August 29, 2018, 12:36:33 pm »

Me and my fishing buds have been wearing out rainbows all day and catching some nice browns in the evening.

pigture perfect

Re: White River has been pretty good to me the past 3 weeks.
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2018, 02:23:30 pm »

Love it. Thanks for the pics. Wish I was there.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

woodrow hog call

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2018, 04:56:20 pm »

Good for you guys Al, we did that earlier in the summer but, didn't catch any Browns. Plenty of Rainbows, and had a great time, only regret was not catching a Brown because I have never caught one. It is a really nice river, that cool water would feel good right about now.

Albert Einswine

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2018, 07:32:09 am »

My retirement plan in about 2 1/2 - 3 years is to move up around Flippin and start guiding. I'll be doing something for income that I truly love for the first time in my life.

The Chief

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • I just don't understand...
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2018, 10:59:02 am »

My retirement plan in about 2 1/2 - 3 years is to move up around Flippin and start guiding. I'll be doing something for income that I truly love for the first time in my life.

I retire in a bit more than three years (from the Army, anyway).  I'll be one of your clients.  Let me know when you get set up.

Albert Einswine

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2018, 12:38:45 pm »

I retire in a bit more than three years (from the Army, anyway).  I'll be one of your clients.  Let me know when you get set up.

Will do,  Chief. Would be an honor!

BroyledNutts

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2018, 08:34:20 pm »

Good to see someone doing some good ... I haven't seen my fishing tackle in 3 years ... D**n ... it has been 3 years ...

Oklahawg

• Resident Optimistic Pragmatist
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Pop Music at It's Finest
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2018, 10:05:10 pm »

I've been twice, and that is about 15 times less than my heart requests. Hoping to get my dad feeling better so we can go this fall before the winter sets in.

Albert Einswine

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2018, 10:33:29 pm »

I've been twice, and that is about 15 times less than my heart requests. Hoping to get my dad feeling better so we can go this fall before the winter sets in.

Spent Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday up at Stetson's resort this week and we killed it all 3 days. Thursday we landed 69 fish in a little over 3 hours on the riffle right in front of the resort dock. It was a feeding frenzy. I didn't burn a full tank of gas in the 3 days combined because there was no need to stretch the river. Stayed within 2 miles of the resort.

BroyledNutts

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2018, 02:58:23 pm »

Spent Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday up at Stetson's resort this week and we killed it all 3 days. Thursday we landed 69 fish in a little over 3 hours on the riffle right in front of the resort dock. It was a feeding frenzy. I didn't burn a full tank of gas in the 3 days combined because there was no need to stretch the river. Stayed within 2 miles of the resort.

I miss Stetson's ... that was always a really nice place to stay, the people were friendly, and the fishing was good all up and down that area ....

Boarslab

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2018, 09:20:09 am »

Glad to see you guys visiting the White/Norfork Rivers....best trout rivers in the world right here in the Ozarks...plus, this time of year the weather is great and the fish bite like crazy...We've go 90+ miles of trout water from Bull Shoals dam to Guion...lots of empty space if you don't like crowded fishing holes.

Boarslab

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2018, 09:23:09 am »

Praying your dad gets up and going and you can bring him...weather is getting better and the fish are biting...let us know if you are able to make it over---we love fish stories.

Boarslab

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2018, 09:25:16 am »

I'll take ya too Chief---and we won't mention politics or religion---just hunting, fishing, and chicks we've nailed when we were younger....lol

twistitup

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2018, 09:29:09 am »

Good for you! Sounds like a great plan. On the water is one of the only times I can truly relax. It's amazing. I fish as much for the inner peace as I do the fish....but I do love to prepare and eat the fish too.

Glad to hear you know what makes you happy, I know too - many people never find it. 

The Chief

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • I just don't understand...
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2018, 12:50:36 pm »

I'll take ya too Chief---and we won't mention politics or religion---just hunting, fishing, and chicks we've nailed when we were younger....lol

I'm definitely hitting you up, too.  Just have to get the time to come back home for a bit.  Probably after I'm done with the Army in about 3 years.

hawgrunner

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2018, 11:59:07 pm »

Great shots!

Albert Einswine

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2018, 10:19:06 am »

Glad to see you guys visiting the White/Norfork Rivers....best trout rivers in the world right here in the Ozarks...plus, this time of year the weather is great and the fish bite like crazy...We've go 90+ miles of trout water from Bull Shoals dam to Guion...lots of empty space if you don't like crowded fishing holes.

My dad started taking me fishing up there when I was 2 years old. I've been fishing those rivers for 50 years now. General Electric where dad worked did a 2 week shutdown every summer and we usually went up and stayed for a week fishing sunup to sundown. When I was in 6th grade dad took me out of school for a few days in late November and I caught a 7 lb hook jawed male rainbow that he had mounted for me. It was cold that year,  we were fishing in coveralls and gloves, and I was the sickest I've ever been in my life by the time we got home and missed more school. It was SO worth it!

McKdaddy

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2018, 01:55:56 pm »

Love the diversity of trout readily caught in the Norfork.

McKdaddy

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2018, 01:59:32 pm »

Love the diversity of trout readily caught in the Norfork.

Let me rephrase: I'm not catching much on my own, so I love the diversity of trout the guides put me on.  I'm not much of a fisherman, so a guide is a must for me and worth gold for providing 2-3 days of reeling them in.

Oklahawg

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2018, 11:33:13 pm »

Let me rephrase: I'm not catching much on my own, so I love the diversity of trout the guides put me on.  I'm not much of a fisherman, so a guide is a must for me and worth gold for providing 2-3 days of reeling them in.

When I was a kid I trekked all over NE OK finding farm ponds and little-known spots on area lakes (usually smaller ones) to fish with friends. Snakes, flat tires, tick infestations, poison ivy reactions, and marriage slowed me down to the point that I don't know that I could find fish on my own any more!

I love being able to just relax and not fool with tackle, bait, the boat, etc. Its especially good with elderly guests or young children.

howie76

• Senior
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2018, 11:39:09 am »

Me and 6 buddies went to mt.  View Thursday through Sunday, fishin was slow till it started rainin then they really turned it on. We caught lots of fish Friday mornin and Saturday mornin.

Oklahawg

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2019, 09:52:45 pm »

Spent a hot morning on the White River a few weeks ago. Heat Index was crazy hot (115 in the Tulsa area, but closer to 100 in Northern Arkansas). We caught a ton of good rainbows. Missed a couple of big'uns due to not being in practice.

First time taking my son to the White and he insists on going back. He has been ready to move to NWA for a while but I think he'd go for someplace with nearby trout fishing. Plus, he'd be able to play every sport and be a soloist in the band. As is, we live in a huge suburb outside Tulsa and visit the White 1-2x a year.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas