Non Sports Forums > Hunting, Fishing and other Outdoor Sports

Any of y’all have breathable waders?

Pages: (1/1)

theFlyingHog:

Some of my huntin buddies swear by em so I ordered some from Roger’s Sporting Goods. I drive by Mack’s all the time but they can kiss my butt with their prices

TheOtherColombia:

Love them.  The difference between them and neoprene or rubber cannot be put into words.  My hips and knees would hurt like hell after a hunt with neoprene waders, with the breathable waders I don't really even know they are on.  I didn't buy high dollar ones out of the gate since I wasn't sure if I would like them or not, I actually bought the Academy store brand (not sure they carry them anymore) and they made me a believer.  I will never wear anything but breathable waders ever again.  Not that it makes a difference in how they wear, but I prefer uninsulated.

theFlyingHog:

--- Quote from: TheOtherColombia on August 05, 2018, 09:22:12 pm ---Love them.  The difference between them and neoprene or rubber cannot be put into words.  My hips and knees would hurt like hell after a hunt with neoprene waders, with the breathable waders I don't really even know they are on.  I didn't buy high dollar ones out of the gate since I wasn't sure if I would like them or not, I actually bought the Academy store brand (not sure they carry them anymore) and they made me a believer.  I will never wear anything but breathable waders ever again.  Not that it makes a difference in how they wear, but I prefer uninsulated.

--- End quote ---
Thanks for the thoughts. That makes it unanimous. The ones I ordered have zip-out quilt liners, 120gram or 220gram or wear em without. I’m stoked!

Wayne Watson:

I used the cheapest I can find.  As a trapper, briars and barb wire fences are hell on waders and hip boots.

Pages: (1/1)

Go to full version