General Sports Discussion > NBA Board

Celtics-Cavaliers

Pages: (1/1)

EastexHawg:

Watching this series it is hard to believe that Boston won the first two games in blowouts.  I don't see how they have enough offense to win two more.

Marcus Smart should never, ever be allowed to shoot anything other than an uncontested layup.  Wow.  Give me two weeks to practice and I think I could beat him 8 out of 10 in H-O-R-S-E.  How can you play basketball for a living and suck that badly as a shooter?

311Hog:

--- Quote from: EastexHawg on May 22, 2018, 09:33:02 am ---Watching this series it is hard to believe that Boston won the first two games in blowouts.  I don't see how they have enough offense to win two more.

Marcus Smart should never, ever be allowed to shoot anything other than an uncontested layup.  Wow.  Give me two weeks to practice and I think I could beat him 8 out of 10 in H-O-R-S-E.  How can you play basketball for a living and suck that badly as a shooter?

--- End quote ---

haha its true, though i think the C's win in 7 because of home court.  It seems the "others" for each team can't do squat in any other gym but their own.

I think Smart would have probably fared better if he hadn't eaten like 5 elbows to the face.  One i thought Lebron killed him.

hogwood:

Cavs in 6 ya'll.

HiggiePiggy:

--- Quote from: hogwood on May 23, 2018, 10:26:31 am ---Cavs in 6 ya'll.

--- End quote ---

I think this is what happens also.

ErieHog:

Well, if the Cavs do win, it'll take all 7.

The problem isn't Celtics offense;  its which Cavs team shows up, in terms of their complimentary shooters.  The   Celtics can get double figures from 6 guys on any given night, and 20 from any of 4 of them.

311Hog:

--- Quote from: ErieHog on May 23, 2018, 11:28:38 pm ---Well, if the Cavs do win, it'll take all 7.

The problem isn't Celtics offense;  its which Cavs team shows up, in terms of their complimentary shooters.  The   Celtics can get double figures from 6 guys on any given night, and 20 from any of 4 of them.

--- End quote ---

I honestly think Lebron should just either show up alone to play these games or just not show up at all if he isn't quiet feeling up to it (tired).  Because really the rest of the cav's blow if they are not playing at home and even then Lebron is carrying them on his back.

Maybe we can skip ahead to game 7 because we all know what is going to happen in Game 6.  Korver and JR going to hit like 20 3's Lebron will get 40, 15 , 20, 9, 10, 22, and park the bus.

EastexHawg:

LeBron will lower his shoulder and go to the basket like a fullback charging off tackle.  The refs will call blocks virtually every time, getting the entire Boston front court in foul trouble and allowing LeBron to put up 44 points.  Korver and Love will hit 3s like Calvin Murphy at the free throw line and Boston will be, as Foreigner once put it, cold as ice.  Marcus Smart will be emboldened by making three 3s last night and will try to keep shooting, which is like 42 year old Willie Mays deciding to keep playing center field. 

The league wants a Game 7 and will get it.

McKdaddy:

I want a game 7.  Agreed on the NBA skipping game 6 to get there.

HiggiePiggy:

Well in the finals again.  How many times in a row has he been in the finals now?

TomasPistola:

Boston finally missed having Kyrie and Hayward. There was no one reliable they could go to and score points. Kyrie would have dominated the end of that game. Boston is going to be very tough next season.

Buff:

--- Quote from: TomasPistola on May 27, 2018, 10:06:24 pm ---Boston finally missed having Kyrie and Hayward. There was no one reliable they could go to and score points. Kyrie would have dominated the end of that game. Boston is going to be very tough next season.

--- End quote ---

They'll have to get through Philly after Lebron makes the move.

TomasPistola:

--- Quote from: Buff on May 27, 2018, 10:10:22 pm ---They'll have to get through Philly after Lebron makes the move.

--- End quote ---

If he's got the balls, he's going to LA. But you might be right, he might prefer to hang out in the East. He's leaving Cleveland either way. That team is trash.

Buff:

--- Quote from: TomasPistola on May 27, 2018, 10:11:57 pm ---If he's got the balls, he's going to LA. But you might be right, he might prefer to hang out in the East. He's leaving Cleveland either way. That team is trash.

--- End quote ---

I can imagine Lebron's face when Lavar Ball tells him to pass it to Lonzo more

PonderinHog:

--- Quote from: HiggiePiggy on May 27, 2018, 10:01:50 pm ---Well in the finals again.  How many times in a row has he been in the finals now?

--- End quote ---
Eight in a row, nine total.

HiggiePiggy:

Pretty impressive.

311Hog:

C's miss what 40 3's ? lol Ö..

niels_boar:

--- Quote from: 311Hog on May 28, 2018, 12:20:45 am ---C's miss what 40 3's ? lol Ö..

--- End quote ---

If either team could have made an open shot with regularity, they would have blown the other one out.  I guess the grind and lack of depth had hit both teams in the legs.

EastexHawg:

--- Quote from: TomasPistola on May 27, 2018, 10:06:24 pm ---Boston finally missed having Kyrie and Hayward. There was no one reliable they could go to and score points.

--- End quote ---

This was the obvious problem for Boston and it finally killed them.  79 points in Game 7 in the Garden?

The NBA champion will be determined tonight.  Whoever wins will easily beat the Cavaliers in the Finals.

HiggiePiggy:

I donít think it will be easy for either team out of the west. Both are much better teams, but I never count out Lebron. 

311Hog:

Celtics miss 30 some odd 3's in a game 7 loss can't be topped.... Houston Rockets hold my beer lol

Pages: (1/1)

Go to full version