• 10,415,540 Posts
• 411,608 Topics
• 23,515 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: KJ Jefferson  (Read 7313 times)

LRrazorback

Re: KJ Jefferson
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2018, 06:49:59 pm »

This is true and I've never understood it. I know some players want to stay close to home but riddle me this.
Why would a black athlete want to choose a team called the "Rebels" ? .......with cross bar flags flying everywhere, along with the fact that every 2 or 3 years they have some sort of racial "incident" on campus. 
And their in-state rival's most popular hang out area is called the "cotton district".  I just don't get it.

And they had a racial blowup on campus just a few years ago

OneTuskOverTheLine™

• Gold Hogvillian
  • One tusk over the line sweet Jesus...
« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2018, 06:50:48 pm »

Here's a hypothetical.  If both Noland and Jefferson are next level type guys what is your strategy so that you can keep them more than a year a part?  Don't redshirt Connor and RS KJ?  If Connor plays all 4 you then have KJ stepping up for 2.  If Connor leaves after 3 you have KJ for 3? 
In the perfect scenario Noland get's comfortable as an ALL SEC pitcher and back-up QB while Jefferson get's the football team rolling... It never works out that way though. Look for Noland to hold kicks, Jefferson to go to WR and J.S. Jones to be an All America... Or not, of course... LOL.!

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Hollywood_HOGan45

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Hollywood could coach better than nutt.
« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2018, 08:37:34 pm »

As I mentioned a month ago here, he's very raw and will definitely need a redshirt.  He's a fine athlete who to be honest will likely play at another position in the SEC. 

Sour grapes.
We have been horrible for most of the last five years but at least we aren't as bad as Ole Miss.
I take great pride in us keeping Ole Miss from being the only SEC west team (outside aTm) to NEVER make the SEC title game in 2015.
4-25.

southarkhog06

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2018, 09:04:45 pm »

4th and 25.......
the play should have been dead dammit!!!!

hogfan14

« Reply #54 on: May 18, 2018, 10:02:45 pm »

Right, that's why he's Chad Morris's No.1 Qb target.

Well if we’re being honest that’s the same thing a lot of us said about Gerry Bohanon lol

TeufelHog

• Never Forget, Never Yield!
« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2018, 11:14:26 pm »

Wake me up when he actually puts ink to paper and "faxes" it in.  I don't believe a word these "Commits" say until they sign the letter of intent and fax it in.  Been burned too many times.

Deep Shoat

• The Artist formerly known as Hong Kong Sooey
« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2018, 11:24:21 pm »

Wake me up when he actually puts ink to paper and "faxes" it in.  I don't believe a word these "Commits" say until they sign the letter of intent and fax it in.  Been burned too many times.
You are just a fricking ray of sunshine, ain't you?

Between this and you saying our baseball team isn't top 10...

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2018, 08:33:14 am »

Panola kids can ball.

So glad to see this

It s amazing what they have done there. They have nothing better than all the other small communities in Mississippi. They have done it for so long on continuity, coaching and a belief in the system.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2018, 08:36:18 am »

This is true and I've never understood it. I know some players want to stay close to home but riddle me this.
Why would a black athlete want to choose a team called the "Rebels" ? .......with cross bar flags flying everywhere, along with the fact that every 2 or 3 years they have some sort of racial "incident" on campus. 
And their in-state rival's most popular hang out area is called the "cotton district".  I just don't get it.

It’$ ea$y to get it.

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Roastin da bomb in Fayettenam.
« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2018, 09:07:21 am »

Well if we’re being honest that’s the same thing a lot of us said about Gerry Bohanon lol
Gerry Bohanon and KJ are quite similar. Both are potentially dominant.

Shouldnt be much of a surprise, either, that 2017's #1 QB target and 2018's #1 QB target are similar players.

colbs

« Reply #60 on: May 19, 2018, 09:16:31 am »

Gerry Bohanon and KJ are quite similar. Both are potentially dominant.

Shouldnt be much of a surprise, either, that 2017's #1 QB target and 2018's #1 QB target are similar players.
KJ to me looks more polished as a passer.  Gerry wasn’t their number 1 target at QB...

liljo

« Reply #61 on: May 19, 2018, 09:30:28 am »

No man, just keep sleeping. It may be..."fans" like yourself that cause commits to re-think their commitments.

Sleep on, man. Snooze away. Probably better for absolutely EVERYONE.

ricepig

« Reply #62 on: May 19, 2018, 09:45:51 am »

Well, it might have been your #1 choice, but Bohanon wanted to be the only QB recruited, so he wasn't Morris #1 target.

Paul

« Reply #63 on: May 19, 2018, 09:51:55 am »

To beat out Georgia and Aggies.....awesome!!!!
to be fair UGA signed a 5 Star & A&M just recently offered but I’m very excited about this commitment on many levels

colbs

« Reply #64 on: May 19, 2018, 10:09:27 am »

to be fair UGA signed a 5 Star & A&M just recently offered but I’m very excited about this commitment on many levels
Georgia has no QB commits for the 2019 class.  Usually schools take 1 QB a year.

Vantage 8 dude

« Reply #65 on: May 19, 2018, 10:17:40 am »

Io be fair it ultimately matters not a bit who UGA might have signed. I'm going out on a limb here and ASSUME that the dawgs wouldn't have a made an offer if they weren't seriously interested. Same goes for TAM.

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #66 on: May 19, 2018, 10:23:17 am »

KJ to me looks more polished as a passer.  Gerry wasn’t their number 1 target at QB...
well, technically either is KJ. That would have been Gunnell.

But it doesnt matter. KJ may be better than either of them.

Deep Shoat

« Reply #67 on: May 19, 2018, 10:28:21 am »

well, technically either is KJ. That would have been Gunnell.

But it doesnt matter. KJ may be better than either of them.
Dude, you just make darn up.

Gunnell lost interest in us because CCM wasn’t recruiting him hard.  These words from his own mouth. 

Why, you might ask, was CCM not recruiting him hard?  Because KJ was our #1 choice.

Deep Shoat

« Reply #68 on: May 19, 2018, 10:28:52 am »

And Bohannon will be a mediocre QB at best.

colbs

« Reply #69 on: May 19, 2018, 10:39:16 am »

Gunnell lost interest in us because CCM wasn’t recruiting him hard.  These words from his own mouth. 

Why, you might ask, was CCM not recruiting him hard?  Because KJ was our #1 choice.

This is correct.  Some get caught up in the rankings and just assume.

bphi11ips

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I need help with my footwork, too.
« Reply #70 on: May 19, 2018, 10:42:22 am »

Well, it might have been your #1 choice, but Bohanon wanted to be the only QB recruited, so he wasn't Morris #1 target.

Anyone who watches Jefferson's film should get it.  He and Bohannon are similar in that they need to improve footwork and basic mechanics.  So does just about every high school QB.  But Jefferson has a very good arm and is definitely not a project where passing is concerned. What really strikes you about his film is speed.  Why he is a 3-star, .85, 24th ranked player in Mississippi is anyone's guess, but his offer sheet, film, and stats are those of a 90+ 4-star, at least.  He is also an articulate young man.  A great anchor for this class. 

ricepig

« Reply #71 on: May 19, 2018, 10:49:44 am »

Anyone who watches Jefferson's film should get it.  He and Bohannon are similar in that they need to improve footwork and basic mechanics.  So does just about every high school QB.  But Jefferson has a very good arm and is definitely not a project where passing is concerned. What really strikes you about his film is speed.  Why he is a 3-star, .85, 24th ranked player in Mississippi is anyone's guess, but his offer sheet, film, and stats are those of a 90+ 4-star, at least.  He is also an articulate young man.  A great anchor for this class. 

Read an article the other day about his speed, he timed a 4.69 in the 40 at a combine, Lamar Jackson ran a 4.71 at the same state of his career at the same combine. I'm not saying he's a Lamar Jackson clone, just that he has a lot of the same intangibles.

colbs

« Reply #72 on: May 19, 2018, 10:55:40 am »

Read an article the other day about his speed, he timed a 4.69 in the 40 at a combine, Lamar Jackson ran a 4.71 at the same state of his career at the same combine. I'm not saying he's a Lamar Jackson clone, just that he has a lot of the same intangibles.
Wasn’t CCM the first to offer Lamar when at Clemson?

bphi11ips

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #73 on: May 19, 2018, 11:02:54 am »

Agreed. I was going to compare him to Lamar Jackson earlier. He accelerates like Jackson. Football speed and vision. Just a great runner who makes quick reads and commits to the vertical path:

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/5266440/5a1b7ceb8cd3fb02cc25bd48

Jefferson has better mechanics than I gave him credit for. Overall much more impressive film than Bohannon IMO.

Paul

« Reply #74 on: May 19, 2018, 12:48:41 pm »

Georgia has no QB commits for the 2019 class.  Usually schools take 1 QB a year.
. I didn’t say 2019. They signed 5 Star Justin Fields in the 2018 class.  According to an article by Dudley yesterday UGA made it clear Fields was their QB of the future.  It doesn’t diminish my excitement of KJ’s commitment though. I think he can be a program changer

Paul

« Reply #75 on: May 19, 2018, 12:50:01 pm »

Io be fair it ultimately matters not a bit who UGA might have signed. I'm going out on a limb here and ASSUME that the dawgs wouldn't have a made an offer if they weren't seriously interested. Same goes for TAM.
I don’t disagree

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #76 on: May 19, 2018, 01:25:22 pm »

Amazing how many so called recruiting experts there are on here.

Paul

« Reply #77 on: May 19, 2018, 01:39:13 pm »

And Bohannon will be a mediocre QB at best.
it’s all about development & taking to coaching with him. I previously wanted him on the Hill but now it looks like it may work out the best for both parties

azhog10

• Razorback Basketball on the rise!
« Reply #78 on: May 19, 2018, 01:46:37 pm »

He’s a 3 Star right???

imtad16

« Reply #79 on: May 19, 2018, 02:14:39 pm »

As I mentioned a month ago here, he's very raw and will definitely need a redshirt.  He's a fine athlete who to be honest will likely play at another position in the SEC. 

Interesting you say that. I live in Dallas and that is the same thing I have heard from many people locally about Allen and Ole Miss commit Grant Tisdale. Very athletic, but could be moved to WR or CB in college.

Are you nervous you guys chose to pursue an athletic mobile QB (Also, watching Tisdale in person, he isn't the 6'1 listed) 8 hours away from campus that could be moved positions as well instead of the an athletic mobile QB with an impressive offer list just 38 minutes away from campus?

I would be if I was you. 

bphi11ips

• Gold Hogvillian

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #81 on: May 19, 2018, 03:14:28 pm »

He’s a 3 Star right???
depends on the site. 4* on one, not rated on another, 3* from last year on another.... we'll see. I watched the film, tho, so.... He's clearly a 4*.

Deep Shoat

« Reply #82 on: May 19, 2018, 03:16:21 pm »

it’s all about development & taking to coaching with him. I previously wanted him on the Hill but now it looks like it may work out the best for both parties
You would have to change his entire mechanics AND his entire mindset.

He will be mediocre, at best.

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #83 on: May 19, 2018, 03:17:22 pm »

you post THAT after claiming I just "make darn up"? Bwahahahahahaahaha!! Sure, you are right, the #1 QB in the class wasnt our #1 target after all. sigh.

I have been praising KJ on here for even longer than you have, Bubba. From when I first watched his film in January, I knew what he was.  A BEAST. But KJ became our #1 after we moved on from Gunnell, imo , sometime way before spring practice.

imtad16

« Reply #84 on: May 19, 2018, 03:28:01 pm »

depends on the site. 4* on one, not rated on another, 3* from last year on another.... we'll see. I watched the film, tho, so.... He's clearly a 4*.

Yeah I gotta think all the re-vals will be higher. The previous evaluation was pre-offer boost. Psychologically he will be seen differently with all the new P5 offers. Before with offers like Austin Peay, Jackson State, Memphis, South Alabama, Tulane, San Antonio and Northwestern State, you go "oh this guy is a raw athletic QB". 7 SEC offers, NC State, and Baylor stream in and you say "maybe there is something here." I bet he gets more offers and ends up a 4 star easily. ESPN hasn't even evaluated. ESPN will be swayed by the offers for sure. Plus, Coach Morris's eye for QB's has respect and Tom Luginbill just spent time with CM on campus talking X's and O's that will play too.

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #85 on: May 19, 2018, 04:01:16 pm »

Yeah I gotta think all the re-vals will be higher. The previous evaluation was pre-offer boost. Psychologically he will be seen differently with all the new P5 offers. Before with offers like Austin Peay, Jackson State, Memphis, South Alabama, Tulane, San Antonio and Northwestern State, you go "oh this guy is a raw athletic QB". 7 SEC offers, NC State, and Baylor stream in and you say "maybe there is something here." I bet he gets more offers and ends up a 4 star easily. ESPN hasn't even evaluated. ESPN will be swayed by the offers for sure. Plus, Coach Morris's eye for QB's has respect and Tom Luginbill just spent time with CM on campus talking X's and O's that will play too.
absolutely concur.

nwahogfan1

« Reply #86 on: May 19, 2018, 04:16:04 pm »

His Junior QB stats were very, very good both passing and running so was his win loss record.  And with so many other schools recruiting him as a QB I serious doubt they are all wrong.  But we will watch and listen. 

But I really hope he does not start as a freshman.  I like my QBs who have been seasoned a couple years in practices and back up roles in games and have been through the wars of the SEC.

razortrack

• Varsity
« Reply #87 on: May 19, 2018, 04:17:12 pm »

Been screaming for a dual threat for years!!!!

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Nadine Coyle shakin it for the Hogs!!!!
« Reply #88 on: May 19, 2018, 05:04:58 pm »

Been screaming for a dual threat for years!!!!

That does add another threat that must be accounted for but it isn't just the right QB that we need. We need more and better talent period. I posted this in the recruiting forum but I am going to re-post it here because even a really good DT QB is going to need to be surrounded by better performing talent on both sides of the ball.

I think that we need a minimum of 4 kids with true NFL top 3 rounds, playmaking ability on both sides of the ball if we want to climb off of the 7-5/8-4 plateau that Arkansas football has tended to be over the years. I'm not saying that they all should be in the same class, quite the opposite. But I am saying that we need a consistent influx of talent of that level each recruiting period to keep enough highly performing talent on the field to help everyone else on the team raise their game as well.

As an example, since the 2009 NFL Draft we have had 6 total players drafted in the first 3 rounds (both sides of the ball). That's the last 10 years. The seasons that those players were here we averaged 6.7-5.9 each year. The previous 10 NFL Draft years (1999-2008) we had 15 drafted in the first 3 rounds. Our average season record for the years those players were on our team (1998-2007) was 7.5-4.9.

I believe that if we could get to the point that we had 2-3 top three round draft picks each year on this team, we would have enough talent under Morris and Chavis to take a step up into the upper echelon of the SEC. To me, it is that level of evaluation, recruiting and player development that we will need to climb out of average to just above average in this conference.

ballinhog

« Reply #89 on: May 19, 2018, 11:07:02 pm »

Lmao this is hilarious. Since when does 64% 36 TDs and 3 Ints make you think “this guy is a wide receiver”

opineonswine

• Global Moderator
  • Go Hogs!
« Reply #90 on: May 20, 2018, 10:11:52 am »

Lmao this is hilarious. Since when does 64% 36 TDs and 3 Ints make you think “this guy is a wide receiver”

Since Ole Miss didn't get him.

tusksincolorado

• I will teach you Italian....the fun way.
« Reply #91 on: May 20, 2018, 10:31:54 am »

Hopefully we will give him the time to mature and develop.

KlubhouseKonnected

• OOOOhh, GOOD FOR YOU!
« Reply #92 on: May 20, 2018, 12:25:16 pm »

If you have been around here long enough you should already know that KevinOMReb = 🤡 👞 👞
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas