General Sports Discussion > NBA Board

Torn between LeBron and others

Pages: (1/1)

311Hog:

curious i know the logical choice would probably be LeBron the guy is a monster, but i honestly much prefer to watch Steph Curry play, maybe it is because of the physical difference between the two.

ErieHog:

Between talent, contract, and age?

I'd go one of the Tatum-KAT-AD trio, with Giannis 4th--  I still don't know what a great coach does with G.

Rookie contracts, incredible youth, already sky high production.  I will always favor being good now and great later, over being maybe great now, and writing off later.



311Hog:


--- Quote from: ErieHog on May 11, 2018, 12:29:13 pm ---Between talent, contract, and age?

I'd go one of the Tatum-KAT-AD trio, with Giannis 4th--  I still don't know what a great coach does with G.

Rookie contracts, incredible youth, already sky high production.  I will always favor being good now and great later, over being maybe great now, and writing off later.



--- End quote ---

eh just a general summation all things, but mainly i was thinking about winning a ship in the fastest way possible and how much the "game" is effected by the players presence.  With so many big stars picking the "1 year deal" option free agency could and does radically change the league on a year to year basis.

There are some really promising young guys out there.  I mean if Ben Simmons learns how to shoot look out.

ErieHog:


--- Quote from: 311Hog on May 11, 2018, 12:41:04 pm ---eh just a general summation all things, but mainly i was thinking about winning a ship in the fastest way possible and how much the "game" is effected by the players presence.  With so many big stars picking the "1 year deal" option free agency could and does radically change the league on a year to year basis.

There are some really promising young guys out there.  I mean if Ben Simmons learns how to shoot look out.

--- End quote ---

He's not going to.   And he's an incredibly lazy defender.   Not a guy who is a bad defender because of technique, or over-aggressiveness, but a genuinely lazy, disinterested defender.



RebHog:


--- Quote from: ErieHog on May 11, 2018, 12:42:53 pm ---He's not going to.   And he's an incredibly lazy defender.   Not a guy who is a bad defender because of technique, or over-aggressiveness, but a genuinely lazy, disinterested defender.

--- End quote ---

He started displaying a cocky entitlement attitude towards the end of the season also I  didn't care much for. Hopefully this loss takes him down a notch or 2 and he gets back to work. I would go with Mitchell over Simmons at this point until Simmons shows he would put in the work his ceiling potential is much higher.

hogwood:

Anthony Davis! Ya'll are whack not to pick him. Youngest on the list plus he's primed to be in the HOF

ErieHog:


--- Quote from: hogwood on May 16, 2018, 10:34:25 pm ---Anthony Davis! Ya'll are whack not to pick him. Youngest on the list plus he's primed to be in the HOF

--- End quote ---

He makes you too good, too fast.  You'll never be worse than a 30 game winner, which you need unless you are a destination team.

You want a star who will be growing into their late prime, when your first round of lottery types comes to fruition.

McKdaddy:


--- Quote from: hogwood on May 16, 2018, 10:34:25 pm ---Anthony Davis

--- End quote ---



East Clintwood:

Anybody but Lebron.

niels_boar:

I'd go with Anthony Davis because of his age.  He has no holes in his game at either end.

Hogwop:

I picked LeBron, but would be happy with Davis as well

PonderinHog:

He is flat out going off right now...

hawkhawg:


--- Quote from: hogwood on May 16, 2018, 10:34:25 pm ---Anthony Davis! Ya'll are whack not to pick him. Youngest on the list plus he's primed to be in the HOF

--- End quote ---

Is anyone even close?

ErieHog:


--- Quote from: hawkhawg on May 26, 2018, 11:57:40 am ---Is anyone even close.

--- End quote ---

Plenty of guys.  It all depends on how you want to structure, when you want to be competitive, and what your expectations for salary structuring are going to be.

For example, KAT and Giannis become extremely viable if you want to win in 5 years; they're astonishingly productive players who have current limitations that make them less likely to lead you to wins now, than Davis.



yraciv:

I'd still go Lebron at this point. There is no sign he is slowing down anytime soon, and while AD is younger and the superior defender, the NBA is shifting to a perimeter game, which is one of two holes in his game.  The other knock is does  he make people around him better, and create open shots for his teammate.

Lebron can beat you in every imaginable way, and I want my leader to have as high as possible usage percentage.  My number 2 would be Giannis because he is a freak, and still developing a lot of areas in his game.   If he finds a 3 point shot, and ups his usage percentage he'll put up huge numbers for more years than  AD.  I also worry about shelf life on post players.

Buff:

^ That.  If Lebron had a supporting cast that was worth a crap he'd have a lot more miles left in the tank.  Last night was superhuman-level effort by him.

He should really take notes from Tom Brady and trade some money now for better teammates and a longer career.

Pages: (1/1)

Go to full version