General Sports Discussion > NBA Board

Go warriors

Pages: (1/2) > >>

311Hog:

=)

can we give the ship to who ever wins the Rockets Warriors match up?

over under combined score 311?

East Clintwood:

No.   Not unless it comes down to them or Lebron.

In that case, Go Warriors.

Buff:

East is weak.  Winner of this series (Warriors) will get the trophy.

SardisHog:

Never count LeBron out!!!!

ErieHog:

Go Celtics.

311Hog:

--- Quote from: ErieHog on May 10, 2018, 09:34:56 pm ---Go Celtics.

--- End quote ---

I am definitely hoping they take LeBron out.  just one year where that dude isn't in the finals is that to much to ask?

I really wish Kyrie could be there for the series....

311Hog:

dang they looked good in Game 1.  Harden scores 41 at home and still loses by double digits.

EastexHawg:

I am a Warriors fan, and Kevin Durant is a great player...but honestly I think I enjoyed watching them more before Durant came over.  One of the best things about them is their unselfishness, along with the way that they move without the ball.  They are probably better with Durant, but in my opinion not as enjoyable to watch.

Last night was like watching the Rockets and Harden in a mirror.  They pass the ball to KD, clear out, and he holds the ball until he shoots.  Durant was like a black hole because once the ball went in it never came out.  27 shots, one assist.  Curry, a two time MVP, shot 15 times.  Steph is the epitome of an unselfish player.  He gets everyone involved...even when he probably shouldn't.  I sometimes question why maybe the best shooter in history passes up a three pointer to pass it to Iguodala or Draymond Green so they can shoot it instead, but that's just the way he plays.

Having said all that, that win last night was huge. 

311Hog:

i don't think Durant is as bad as Harden.  I think that is why the Warriors won is because the Rockets seem to only have the iso or pick and lob.  I mean Harden got 40+ and they lost by double digits at home.  I think Durant gets buckets because he needs to, exploit the match up.

Sure he could probably post and pass more, but the warrior line up is so adept it is freakish to watch them.  Seem to be able to play any style, and just sub out by player and not position.

draftkings33:

I like how Harden gets dogged and they won the most games in the NBA this year.  Only team they can't beat is the Warriors because of more talent.  ISO ball wins out in the NBA usually.  Warriors are an exception.  Most the teams that made the playoffs are ISO teams who dribble the most and most the teams who dribble the least did not make the playoffs.   

ErieHog:

--- Quote from: draftkings33 on May 16, 2018, 12:42:48 pm ---I like how Harden gets dogged and they won the most games in the NBA this year.  Only team they can't beat is the Warriors because of more talent.  ISO ball wins out in the NBA usually.  Warriors are an exception.  Most the teams that made the playoffs are ISO teams who dribble the most and most the teams who dribble the least did not make the playoffs.   

--- End quote ---

ISO ball hasn't won in the NBA in nearing a decade.

draftkings33:

--- Quote from: ErieHog on May 16, 2018, 04:09:09 pm ---ISO ball hasn't won in the NBA in nearing a decade.

--- End quote ---
LOL ok.  Um Cavs.  Do the research man.  Teams that dribble the most win more games that dribble less.  FACT.  You do realize that 3 of the top 4 offenses in the NBA are ISO teams.  How you like that ISO ball last night?

hvsupastar:

LeBron is now on a a mediocre team in the Super Team League that he created.  I hope they all lose

draftkings33:

--- Quote from: hvsupastar on May 17, 2018, 09:36:45 am ---LeBron is now on a a mediocre team in the Super Team League that he created.  I hope they all lose

--- End quote ---
Best player in the World.  Not even close

EastexHawg:

Curry needs to become more aggressive on offense.  And, of course, find his outside shot.  He can't let the Rockets force him into constantly dumping the ball off to guys who aren't nearly the offensive threats he is.  Speaking of Curry, he did a pretty good job of defending Harden and Paul last night, but the Rockets' peripheral players shot extremely well.

hvsupastar:

--- Quote from: draftkings33 on May 17, 2018, 09:40:36 am ---Best player in the World.  Not even close

--- End quote ---

Right.  He hasn't played defense since Christmas but yeah he's the best.

311Hog:

starting to dislike the rockets lol.

Just can't stand this style of offense.  dribble around the 3 point line, push off, step back, jump into/at the defender fling up a shot, act like the most amazing player ever if it goes in, complain relentlessly if the ref doesn't call a foul, sometimes both at the same time.

or put your head down and shoulder into the defender flinging up a wild shot while taking 4 to 6 steps, again see complaining to the refs.

ErieHog:

--- Quote from: 311Hog on May 17, 2018, 11:19:07 am ---starting to dislike the rockets lol.

Just can't stand this style of offense.  dribble around the 3 point line, push off, step back, jump into/at the defender fling up a shot, act like the most amazing player ever if it goes in, complain relentlessly if the ref doesn't call a foul, sometimes both at the same time.

or put your head down and shoulder into the defender flinging up a wild shot while taking 4 to 6 steps, again see complaining to the refs.

--- End quote ---

Five minutes of James Harden should cure anyone of liking the Rockets.

Oliver:

--- Quote from: hvsupastar on May 17, 2018, 09:36:45 am ---LeBron is now on a a mediocre team in the Super Team League that he created.  I hope they all lose

--- End quote ---

I love the Super Teams for one reason only.  The NBA thought they could eliminate super teams by creating a hard cap in order to protect a bunch of franchises they shouldn't have expanded to with terrible, cheap owners.  And it completely blew up in their face.  Especially when teams like OKC, markets they were hoping would start to beat the Lakers and Celtics of the world, had to trade one of their superstars because they didn't want to massively break that hard cap. 

draftkings33:

--- Quote from: 311Hog on May 17, 2018, 11:19:07 am ---starting to dislike the rockets lol.

--- End quote ---
Best offense in the game.  All because of analytics.  99 percent of players have zero business posting up.  Daniel Gafford included.  You might want to talk to Durant.  He and Thompson played 32 minutes together last night and he passed Thompson the ball once. 

draftkings33:

--- Quote from: ErieHog on May 17, 2018, 11:23:06 am ---Five minutes of James Harden should cure anyone of liking the Rockets.

--- End quote ---
You liked Hoosiers coach in the movie huh? 

draftkings33:

--- Quote from: hvsupastar on May 17, 2018, 10:53:19 am ---Right.  He hasn't played defense since Christmas but yeah he's the best.

--- End quote ---
LOL please tell me who is currently better than Lebron. 

ErieHog:

--- Quote from: draftkings33 on May 17, 2018, 11:59:38 am ---You liked Hoosiers coach in the movie huh? 

--- End quote ---

I like basketball.  Not a joke masquerading as it.   Harden is the modern iteration of the bad impulses of ISO ball, given a modern wrapper-   pound the rock and hope a shooter springs free, or flail your way to the hoop.

draftkings33:

--- Quote from: ErieHog on May 17, 2018, 12:10:05 pm ---I like basketball.  Not a joke masquerading as it.   Harden is the modern iteration of the bad impulses of ISO ball, given a modern wrapper-   pound the rock and hope a shooter springs free, or flail your way to the hoop.

--- End quote ---
And they led the NBA in offense.  Smart basketball

EastexHawg:

The Thunder had Harden, Durant, and Westbrook all on the same team.  They couldn't win anything.  They need to be on three different teams so there will be enough basketballs to go around.

hogwood:

--- Quote from: EastexHawg on May 17, 2018, 03:24:08 pm ---The Thunder had Harden, Durant, and Westbrook all on the same team.  They couldn't win anything.  They need to be on three different teams so there will be enough basketballs to go around.

--- End quote ---

They were all very young when those 3 were together. OKC had more draft picks coming too. No doubt in my mind they would be winning the west instead of the warriors right now and in years before if Presti would have kept them together.

RebHog:

--- Quote from: hogwood on May 20, 2018, 07:07:27 am ---They were all very young when those 3 were together. OKC had more draft picks coming too. No doubt in my mind they would be winning the west instead of the warriors right now and in years before if Presti would have kept them together.

--- End quote ---

They offered very close to the same money for Harden as the rockets.  He is on the record stating he felt like he would be stuck on the bench as 6th man in OKC so who knows if he would have stayed anyways. If Presti would have made him a higher priority then Serge Ibaka at the time he might have stayed. I agree Harden instead of Ibaka the thunder would have multiple championships at this point.

Buff:

Harden couldn't stay on the floor long enough at OKC.  It seemed like 5 minutes and he was gassed.  THIS Harden on THAT OKC team would have been a disaster for the rest of the league.... providing KD wasn't such a traitor (I'm bitter)

EastexHawg:

The Warriors abused Harden tonight...and they enjoyed it.  My favorite moment was when Curry did the "rock the baby" that Harden loves so much and buried a three in his face.

311Hog:

--- Quote from: EastexHawg on May 20, 2018, 11:07:53 pm ---The Warriors abused Harden tonight...and they enjoyed it.  My favorite moment was when Curry did the "rock the baby" that Harden loves so much and buried a three in his face.

--- End quote ---

i loved it when Livingston went at him.  after Livingston's injury i have been pulling for him ever since.  I am so glad he has gotten to have a good career.

ErieHog:

--- Quote from: 311Hog on May 21, 2018, 09:13:07 am ---i loved it when Livingston went at him.  after Livingston's injury i have been pulling for him ever since.  I am so glad he has gotten to have a good career.

--- End quote ---

Livingston is a gutty guy, who could have folded his tent long ago.  He and Iggy are the Warriors I don't mind seeing success.

311Hog:

--- Quote from: ErieHog on May 21, 2018, 02:58:25 pm ---Livingston is a gutty guy, who could have folded his tent long ago.  He and Iggy are the Warriors I don't mind seeing success.

--- End quote ---
IMO they are large part of the reason for the teams success both on the court and off.  gotta have that level of maturity and cred.

Iggy is like 90 years old still looks the same as when he almost became a Hog.

ErieHog:

--- Quote from: 311Hog on May 21, 2018, 03:47:51 pm ---IMO they are large part of the reason for the teams success both on the court and off.  gotta have that level of maturity and cred.

Iggy is like 90 years old still looks the same as when he almost became a Hog.

--- End quote ---

Iggy was the swing defender that allowed them to guard wings and guards on switches with versatility, and develop into a championship caliber multi-dimensional team.

He deserved his FMVP, and is a keystone that made the Warriors what they are.

hogwood:

--- Quote from: ErieHog on May 21, 2018, 02:58:25 pm ---Livingston is a gutty guy, who could have folded his tent long ago.  He and Iggy are the Warriors I don't mind seeing success.

--- End quote ---

Agree with your last sentence, though still hate the Warriors.

draftkings33:

Missed Iggy last night.  Durant and Curry are as soft as they come.  Klay Thompson would be just a solid NBA player on another team, not a HOF

Buff:

Last night was the KD that OKC fans remember.

draftkings33:

--- Quote from: Buff on May 23, 2018, 01:15:31 pm ---Last night was the KD that OKC fans remember.

--- End quote ---
Yep.  Soft and didn't want to take the clutch shots.

311Hog:

--- Quote from: Buff on May 23, 2018, 01:15:31 pm ---Last night was the KD that OKC fans remember.

--- End quote ---

shooting 20 foot fall aways over a guy he is a foot taller than....

EastexHawg:

I don't think the Warriors can overcome Kevin Durant.  He is an incredibly selfish player.  22 shots tonight, zero assists.  At least Steve Kerr tried to speak up and tell him about it tonight.

EastexHawg:

In the Warriors' three losses Durant has put up 68 shots and dished out a total of three assists.  He has two of the greatest shooters in the world on his team but he can't seem to set anyone else up for a shot?

But hey, it's working so well so why change?

Buff:

--- Quote from: EastexHawg on May 24, 2018, 10:57:59 pm ---I don't think the Warriors can overcome Kevin Durant.  He is an incredibly selfish player.  22 shots tonight, zero assists.  At least Steve Kerr tried to speak up and tell him about it tonight.

--- End quote ---

He could at least step up in the clutch, instead of pulling his patented vanishing acts.

Dr. Starcs:

Aww. Poor little social justice Warriors. Durant is a sellout. Lucky for him Chris Paulís hammy bails him out.

McKdaddy:

--- Quote from: 311Hog on May 23, 2018, 02:14:05 pm ---shooting 20 foot fall aways over a guy he is a foot taller than....

--- End quote ---

ha, so true

311Hog:

you can see just how much they need/miss Iggy.  When all the eggs are in 5 baskets, if you remove 1 of them their whole system shuts down. Iggy is the maturity and calmness, and the swiss army knife.

If Paul's hammy is serious the Rockets could be in trouble.

Side note anyone else notice at half time last night everyone else had left the floor but there was Dantoni and Harden crying to the refs as usual.  I am getting Ginobili level hatred for these guys and the constant whining/flopping.

EastexHawg:

Klay Thompson shot 14 times and made 8.  Curry shot 17 times, and at least two of those were half court heaves at the buzzer.  He made 8 and dished out 6 assists.  Durant shot 22 times, many of them after dribbling around with the sole intention of looking for his own shot, and made 8...with again ZERO assists.

Those numbers tell a story, but if you watched the game it is even more evident.  Durant's one on one...or one on five...game is killing the Warriors' motion offense.  Even after Kerr talked to him about it, telling him that even Michael Jordan needed to get his teammates involved, Durant didn't change one bit.  I remember when Durant used to get so POed at Westbrook for shooting too much.  Durant is convinced that he is the man and needs to do all the shooting.  There weren't enough basketballs for those two ball hogs to be on the same team.

311Hog:

--- Quote from: EastexHawg on May 25, 2018, 09:24:48 am ---Klay Thompson shot 14 times and made 8.  Curry shot 17 times, and at least two of those were half court heaves at the buzzer.  He made 8 and dished out 6 assists.  Durant shot 22 times, many of them after dribbling around with the sole intention of looking for his own shot, and made 8...with again ZERO assists.

Those numbers tell a story, but if you watched the game it is even more evident.  Durant's one on one...or one on five...game is killing the Warriors' motion offense.  Even after Kerr talked to him about it, telling him that even Michael Jordan needed to get his teammates involved, Durant didn't change one bit.  I remember when Durant used to get so POed at Westbrook for shooting too much.  Durant is convinced that he is the man and needs to do all the shooting.  There weren't enough basketballs for those two ball hogs to be on the same team.

--- End quote ---

completely agree.

Some how Paul and Harden have sucked Durant into regressing and playing "their game".  And it is killing the warriors offense.

I know you cannot take ISO out but man i hate watching it.  One guy should not dribble 20+ times in a possession.

draftkings33:

--- Quote from: 311Hog on May 25, 2018, 09:29:47 am ---completely agree.

Some how Paul and Harden have sucked Durant into regressing and playing "their game".  And it is killing the warriors offense.

I know you cannot take ISO out but man i hate watching it.  One guy should not dribble 20+ times in a possession.

--- End quote ---
Rockets dribble the most of any team and have the no.1 offense in the NBA so I guess the old over dribble narrative is false.   One thing the Rockets do that is great is actually stand around on offense.  Now 90 percent of coaches would go insane if they heard that.  However, this gives them great spacing, no overcutting and posting up which clogs the lane up.  Let one guy create with shooters around him.  Very simple basketball.  The majority of NBA teams that dribble the most made the playoffs and the majority of NBA teams who dribble the least did not make the playoffs.  Warriors are an exception.

niels_boar:

The Warriors biggest problem was silly TOs.   Extra possessions (forced TO + ORebs) were 24 to 14 Rockets.  That allowed the Rockets to get up 6 more FGAs and 9 more FTAs and survive their dreadful performance from the arc.  Houston should have blown them out.  GS had to be more than about 10 points better than the Rockets on the rest of the possessions to win by a point.

GS looked like the dumb team in that game.  Lobs when 5 feet from the receiver and a 7-foot shot-blocker between you.  Giving up an uncontested layup when trying to in-bound the ball.  Drifting to the arc on a 2 on 1 break on a big possession.  You have to make that trey about 65% of the time to make it analytically better than an uncontested layup.  Having Quinn friggin' Cook take a shot that could decide the NBA championship.

Note for Arkansas viewing:  Even when you have three HOFers and 2 MVPs on the court, it isn't easy to get great looks on final possessions.

GS can play at a level that Houston can't match.  Will they for two straight games?

draftkings33:

--- Quote from: niels_boar on May 25, 2018, 11:29:38 am ---The Warriors biggest problem was silly TOs.   Extra possessions (forced TO + ORebs) were 24 to 14 Rockets.  That allowed the Rockets to get up 6 more FGAs and 9 more FTAs and survive their dreadful performance from the arc.  Houston should have blown them out.  GS had to be more than about 10 points better than the Rockets on the rest of the possessions to win by a point.

GS looked like the dumb team in that game.  Lobs when 5 feet from the receiver and a 7-foot shot-blocker between you.  Giving up an uncontested layup when trying to in-bound the ball.  Drifting to the arc on a 2 on 1 break on a big possession.  You have to make that trey about 65% of the time to make it analytically better than an uncontested layup.  Having Quinn friggin' Cook take a shot that could decide the NBA championship.
Good points. 
Note for Arkansas viewing:  Even when you have three HOFers and 2 MVPs on the court, it isn't easy to get great looks on final possessions.

GS can play at a level that Houston can't match.  Will they for two straight games?

--- End quote ---
Good points

EastexHawg:

--- Quote from: niels_boar on May 25, 2018, 11:29:38 am ---The Warriors biggest problem was silly TOs.   Extra possessions (forced TO + ORebs) were 24 to 14 Rockets.  That allowed the Rockets to get up 6 more FGAs and 9 more FTAs and survive their dreadful performance from the arc.  Houston should have blown them out.  GS had to be more than about 10 points better than the Rockets on the rest of the possessions to win by a point.

--- End quote ---

I agree and said most of those same things last night.  The Warriors are often guilty of trying to make the cute pass when a simple pass would work just as well.  My head almost exploded when Quinn Cook took the biggest shot of the night.  Really?  Quinn Cook?

It will be interesting to see how both teams respond to an elimination game.  I expect Golden State to come out playing really hard and with a sense of desperation, but will that help or hurt them?  I say the win at home and we go to Game 7.

Pages: (1/2) > >>

Go to full version