General Sports Discussion > NBA Board

New Orleans Pelicans playoffs 2018

Pages: (1/1)

popcornhog:

Have yíall been watching them smoke Portland?

Who wouldíve thought that Jrue Holiday/Rajon Rondo could be such a dynamic backcourt in 2018. Their D has been lights out on one of the best backcourts in the NBA.

Add to that Meritic, who went off last night, and of course MVP level AD ó all I can say is Boogie who?

311Hog:

yeah i have enjoyed the playoffs so far.  The sixers have impressed.

popcornhog:

--- Quote from: 311Hog on April 20, 2018, 11:25:03 am ---yeah i have enjoyed the playoffs so far.  The sixers have impressed.

--- End quote ---

The Pels and Sixers May be my two favorite teams in the playoffs.

I also really like Toronto, Minnesota, and Houston.

holeinthewall:

Playoffs are a joke  7 games for the first round?  Come on best of 3  then best of 5 then best of 7 for conference finals.

No need to play in to June with no one watching

popcornhog:

--- Quote from: holeinthewall on April 21, 2018, 08:30:59 am ---Playoffs are a joke  7 games for the first round?  Come on best of 3  then best of 5 then best of 7 for conference finals.

No need to play in to June with no one watching

--- End quote ---

It makes the regular season mean way more and it also brings in more revenue.

It also means we get to watch more basketball.

I donít follow your point.

Dr. Starcs:

NBA is a joke. Give it to the golden st social justice warriors

HiggiePiggy:

Makes the regular season mean so much more?  How?  They already have more than half the league get in and some get in with losing records or really average records.  How does that make the ďregular seasonĒ mean so much more? Itís all about money for teams. That is it. 

Baseball and basketball need to cut their leagues by about 1 month or even 2 months. 

holeinthewall:

--- Quote ---Baseball and basketball need to cut their leagues by about 1 month or even 2 months.
--- End quote ---

This baseball should be done by Labor Day   Basketball should be done by Easter.  Well the NBA is done year round for most people.

All you get s 2 hours of millionaire babies whining and crying about every call. And not one of them can dribble a basketball without it being a carry.  Too bad they don't enforce that rule.

popcornhog:

--- Quote from: HiggiePiggy on April 21, 2018, 03:56:28 pm ---Makes the regular season mean so much more?  How?  They already have more than half the league get in and some get in with losing records or really average records.  How does that make the ďregular seasonĒ mean so much more? Itís all about money for teams. That is it. 

Baseball and basketball need to cut their leagues by about 1 month or even 2 months.

--- End quote ---

It makes the regular season mean more because the better teams are more likely to win a long series. There would be more upsets with shorter series, much like in the NCAAT. Working hard all year to get a top seed is very important in the nba playoffs.

Iíd have to check, but I feel like sub .500 teams get into the nfl playoffs as much as they do in the nba.

I can agree with you on number of teams in the playoffs though. Iíd be fine with 12 teams instead of 16. But itís lucrative, so keep it going. It is a grueling path to an nba title, for sure.

Iím not sure whether you watch the nba by the way, but down the stretch in the regular season this year, it was flat out exciting. In the West, you had seeds three through nine essentially all tied with each other until the final day of the regular season with a de facto play in game the last day.

popcornhog:

--- Quote from: holeinthewall on April 22, 2018, 06:01:43 am ---This baseball should be done by Labor Day   Basketball should be done by Easter.  Well the NBA is done year round for most people.

All you get s 2 hours of millionaire babies whining and crying about every call. And not one of them can dribble a basketball without it being a carry.  Too bad they don't enforce that rule.

--- End quote ---

Are you proposing cutting the number of games in the mlb season or just cramming the games into a shorter timeframe?

311Hog:

the Pelican'ts down hehe

Jackrabbit Hog:

Brad Stevens is coaching circles around everyone else.    Itís like Albert Einstein against a 6th grade study hall teacher.

311Hog:

--- Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on May 10, 2018, 08:54:45 am ---Brad Stevens is coaching circles around everyone else.    Itís like Albert Einstein against a 6th grade study hall teacher.

--- End quote ---

do you think he can take down the Bron?

Jackrabbit Hog:

--- Quote from: 311Hog on May 10, 2018, 08:58:09 am ---do you think he can take down the Bron?

--- End quote ---

No, but heís done wonders to get them to the East Finals without 3 of his top 4 players the entire last six weeks.

Pages: (1/1)

Go to full version