Non Sports Forums > RazorVets

Beginning the On-boarding Process for DA Civil Service

(1/1)

Großer Kriegschwein:
Just got my Tentative Offer from CPAC.

Filled out my Declaration for Federal Service, Drug Testing Program Enrollment, Medical History and a bunch of privacy act statements.

They've already forwarded my information to security for "background". Already in the process of a Periodic Review for my security clearance, so there shouldn't be any surprises there. A NAC/I is a NAC/I. My clearance won't lapse for another year.

What is the fastest anyone has experience onboarding?

Really looking to bail on my contracting company after the $12k pay cut that takes effect at the end of the month.

The Chief:
In aviation, DACs can now be hired immediately upon retirement. However, the need for instructor pilots is desperate do it is different.

It usually depends on the time of the hiring board and the number of slots available.

Großer Kriegschwein:
Ran in to problem #1 finally.

Admin Assistant couldn’t figure out how to request a NIPR account. Boss finally told me to go see some people that I already knew to try to figure it out. Everything but the account request was completed yesterday.

Today:

Admin assistant (30+ year civil service secretary) now angry that I got all my information updated on Milconnect, IA Gordon, etc... told me not to touch anything related to my account. That it was her job.

Classic civil service dumbass. Can’t figure it out and won’t let you figure it out either.

Pork Twain:
I was a GG for a while after I retired and decided to go the contractor route for a period to rake in some dough and then I am going back to being a GG.  The job security is tops.

MarionHawgFan:
I am currently and patiently waiting for my tentative offer as I retire (officially)30 Sep 20.  I am just waiting on CG to approve my waiver then I will get my tentative offer and start(should be about19 Jul20).  Although I do have to move to the belvoir from Polk for this job.

VanMeter:

--- Quote from: MarionHawgFan on November 29, 2019, 09:04:21 pm ---I am currently and patiently waiting for my tentative offer as I retire (officially)30 Sep 20.  I am just waiting on CG to approve my waiver then I will get my tentative offer and start(should be about19 Jul20).  Although I do have to move to the belvoir from Polk for this job.

--- End quote ---

Polk? Hope you like hunting and fishing.

MarionHawgFan:
Leaving Polk in July for dc area and we have loved Polk

Großer Kriegschwein:
I'm in the final stages of doing a distance onboard for another civil service job based out of Grafenwoehr, Germany. Just waiting on our passports to come back (adults needed renewal) and the kid's new ones. Then RFO, HHGs and flying not later than the 1st week of February.

Will be traveling all over Europe building live-fire facilities for NATO exercises. Gunneries, etcc... will have SDZ approval authority thru Company Live Fire Exercises. Significant increase in pay.

Polk hasn't been bad, but am looking forward to getting out of here.

MarionHawgFan:
Have you finished the process? I just received my tentative offer this week and have done I think everything(pee test yesterday) I have been told I should expect the form offer in 21 days or so which will have my start date.  Try then I have to decide which PCS entitlements to use CIV or Retirement?

hogginbama:

--- Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on December 03, 2019, 11:17:17 am ---I'm in the final stages of doing a distance onboard for another civil service job based out of Grafenwoehr, Germany. Just waiting on our passports to come back (adults needed renewal) and the kid's new ones. Then RFO, HHGs and flying not later than the 1st week of February.

Will be traveling all over Europe building live-fire facilities for NATO exercises. Gunneries, etcc... will have SDZ approval authority thru Company Live Fire Exercises. Significant increase in pay.

Polk hasn't been bad, but am looking forward to getting out of here.

--- End quote ---

Best of luck to you with the new job. Stay safe, enjoy the good beer and Oktober Fest.

Großer Kriegschwein:

--- Quote from: MarionHawgFan on January 08, 2020, 06:06:48 am ---Have you finished the process? I just received my tentative offer this week and have done I think everything(pee test yesterday) I have been told I should expect the form offer in 21 days or so which will have my start date.  Try then I have to decide which PCS entitlements to use CIV or Retirement?

--- End quote ---

Kinda.

Overseas assignments are quite a bit more complicated than stateside assignments. Had to get my return rights memo sent over to 7th Army.

Got a briefing on return rights and save pay.

Daddy like.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version
Mobile View