• 10,456,361 Posts
• 412,751 Topics
• 23,600 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Motorcycle Forum/Thread?  (Read 2145 times)

Großer Kriegschwein

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Smile!!! We’re earnin this season....
Motorcycle Forum/Thread?
« on: March 27, 2018, 08:00:08 am »

Weather is clearing and warming up. About time to dewinterize the Harley (2006 Dyna Low Rider) and get my ole man upgrades. Already ordered 14 inch Hill Country ape hangers and risers along with the Harley floor board kit. By Thursday it will be dropped off with my mechanic to get lubed us and inspected. Gonna have him inspect both wheel bearings and tree bearing on the neck of the frame, install all the stuff I ordered before and flush the brake system. Should be much more comfortable to ride after getting rid of those torture devices I call forward controls (extra 2” rake).

Ole Lady has signed my dispatch so I can go get my bagger without trading in my Low Rider street rod. I’ve found it hard to part with my first Harley. So I’ll just go up to Alexandria and get one of their Road Glide Specials.

Attached picture of the Dyna and the Road Glide I’m thinking I will buy before the end of the week.

Who else is getting out on two wheels?

Anyone wanna do a thunder run to our season opener next season? I’m game if a few more of y’all are.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 08:15:18 am by Großer Kriegschwein »

razorbackfan86

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Woooooooo Pig Sooooooooie!!!
Re: Motorcycle Forum/Thread?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2018, 11:37:39 am »

I miss my bike, my wife and I welcomed twins into the world Dec '16 and the bike had to go. One day, I will have another one.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Großer Kriegschwein

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2018, 02:01:38 pm »

I miss my bike, my wife and I welcomed twins into the world Dec '16 and the bike had to go. One day, I will have another one.

I feel your pain brother.

We had twins in ‘13.

Fortunately the Dyna was paid off. I almost sold it a few times but wasn’t offered enough to let go of it. Here in Louisiana they play the low-ball game. One dude came with his wife knowing I was asking $9500. He rode it down the street, came back and said he might have to keep it and give his stepson his Yamaha (he was looking for a bike for his stepson). Then with a straight face told me:

“I’ll give you $4000 for it.”

My response:

“I suggest you and your wife get back in your truck and go away quickly.”

Probably was a couple of F-bombs dropped too. I was too pissed to even remember.

razorbackfan86

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2018, 02:52:04 pm »

We had twins in ‘13.

Fortunately the Dyna was paid off. I almost sold it a few times but wasn’t offered enough to let go of it. Here in Louisiana they play the low-ball game. One dude came with his wife knowing I was asking $9500. He rode it down the street, came back and said he might have to keep it and give his stepson his Yamaha (he was looking for a bike for his stepson). Then with a straight face told me:

My response:

Probably was a couple of F-bombs dropped too. I was too pissed to even remember.

He must have had a huge pair on him to insult you with that offer.

Großer Kriegschwein

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2018, 06:13:48 am »

He must have had a huge pair on him to insult you with that offer.

That’s just Louisiana. They pride themselves on their low-ball offers down here. I’d rather set it on fire than sell it for $4000.

Here is the new bike. Gonna be delivered as soon as it stops raining. (I live 90 minutes from the dealer).

I think I’ll name her Doña Inez, the dark beauty, (from Don Juan DeMarco).

razorbackfan86

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2018, 08:48:15 am »

That’s just Louisiana. They pride themselves on their low-ball offers down here. I’d rather set it on fire than sell it for $4000.

Here is the new bike. Gonna be delivered as soon as it stops raining. (I live 90 minutes from the dealer).

I think I’ll name her Doña Inez, the dark beauty, (from Don Juan DeMarco).

Beautiful bike, congratulations. I love the black on black, I'll give you $4k for it :)

Großer Kriegschwein

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2018, 04:51:38 pm »

Harley hit a home run with this year’s Specials (Road Glide & Street Glide). I was all about the sexy black. But they have a couple different colors of red, green and then pearl white. All on black engine components. Extra sexy.

Dealer photo. I’m the ugly bald one.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 09:15:30 pm by Großer Kriegschwein »

waphill

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2018, 11:11:20 am »

Haha. We also had twins, in December of '14!

Have always had at least one bike in the garage. Got my first one when I was 8. The only bike i've held onto is my Ducati 998. Had it for almost 15 years, and it still puts a smile on my face when I ride. Also have a couple vintage bikes to tinker with. Haven't had much time to ride in the last 3 years, hoping to change that this year.

Großer Kriegschwein

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2018, 02:32:30 pm »

Twins have a way of destroying the “outside the home” life. Even when you’re at work you are thinking of the craziness that will follow walking thru the door.

Mine are nearly 5. They are finishing up preschool and soon to be in kindergarten my wife wants me to ride more often but my old Dyna isn’t very friendly in the winter. This new one with the fairing and saddlebags doesn’t give me an excuse anymore. 40+ mpg, can carry all my stuff for work in the bags, full face helmet in the cold will make it possible for year round commute.

I’m gonna sell my Dyna to my brother for trade in value. He’s just like every other man in the world and wishes he could afford a nice Harley. It’s probably his one chance to get a big motor Harley. He works hard and just can’t seem to afford one. Got no issues selling for below KBB value to him. I know he’ll take care of it.

razorbackfan86

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2018, 10:01:20 am »

Twins have a way of destroying the “outside the home” life. Even when you’re at work you are thinking of the craziness that will follow walking thru the door.

Spot on. Ours are 16 months now and my wife and I finally both took a day off together this past Friday, still took the kids to daycare, and it left me thirsty for more. I will be glad when ours get in pre-k / kindergarten, maybe I can take some of the daycare savings and put towards another bike.

Großer Kriegschwein

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2018, 08:13:21 pm »

Spot on. Ours are 16 months now and my wife and I finally both took a day off together this past Friday, still took the kids to daycare, and it left me thirsty for more. I will be glad when ours get in pre-k / kindergarten, maybe I can take some of the daycare savings and put towards another bike.

My wife and I have had exactly two date-nights in the last 4 1/2 years.

Daycare/Pre-K runs me $800 a month for the twins. Thankfully they are done with that at the end of May. Kindergarten is so much cheaper than day care.

I was my family's Link to the outside world for the first 2 years after the twins were born.

razorbackfan86

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2018, 10:24:07 am »

My wife and I have had exactly two date-nights in the last 4 1/2 years.

Daycare/Pre-K runs me $800 a month for the twins. Thankfully they are done with that at the end of May. Kindergarten is so much cheaper than day care.

I was my family's Link to the outside world for the first 2 years after the twins were born.

$800-$1000 / month for me as well, pending on how many weeks are in the month.

Both of our parents live here in town, and they help ALOT, which is a blessing. They've tried numerous times taking them for the night so we could have a night to ourselves, but the twins just won't sleep anywhere but in their OWN beds. My mom even went as far as buying 2 cribs of her own for them and it still didn't work.

They are getting out of the baby stage, and moving into the toddler stage now, which is much more fun. I'm ready for them to get just a little bit older, so we can start doing more things ie: going to ball games, tagging along on the golf course, etc...

kodiakisland

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2018, 02:16:53 am »

These are my rides.  My son and I share the bobber and I let my daughter put a few miles on the sixty.  Ride to work whenever the weather allows, plus a I have a fun 20 mile loop around the house I do almost every day.  If it's 50 degrees, I'm riding.

Not long distance bikes, but these days if I'm going far, I'll fly.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 02:46:47 am by kodiakisland »

kodiakisland

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2018, 04:30:28 am »

Enjoy those kids while they are young.  I know it's hard sometimes.  Seems like all you are is in constant state of exhaustion.  It's gone before you know it.

My youngest graduates from college in two weeks.  I don't know when they got so old (me too).

And no, I don't let her ride dressed like this.

Großer Kriegschwein

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2018, 12:39:28 pm »

My oldest on my Dyna.

Can’t reach the handlebars quite yet.

Großer Kriegschwein

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2018, 12:43:59 pm »

The twins lookin like Metroid with our Pilot 3 in 1s on.

Pretty cool helmets.

waphill

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2018, 01:17:02 pm »

This is the only pic I could find of my #1. This was a few years ago at Deal's Gap. If you've never been riding in the Great Smokies, put that on your list. Outstanding roads.

Lao Tsuie

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2018, 01:35:46 pm »

Mmm, ' tail of the dragon ', I've got a few "on line pics" from there. Guy has a business where he takes everyone's pic as they go by, then you can go online and purchase or just look. Last time was a few years ago on my bmw rt.
I thought I was really gitin it till this kid passed me on a curve wearing shorts and t-shirt.

I'm down to a can-am limited and a 650 burgy... if I get another it will be the ktm 690.

Happy trails guys.

Cotton

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Formerly of ESPN 8 "The Ocho"
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2018, 01:53:07 pm »

Was wanting to buy a bike this summer but after reading this thread it will apparently lead to me having twins..

Großer Kriegschwein

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2018, 08:04:42 pm »

Was wanting to buy a bike this summer but after reading this thread it will apparently lead to me having twins..

Solid assessment.

Be wary of the deuces. I was able to keep my bike.

I’m an oddity, I suppose.

Großer Kriegschwein

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2018, 07:57:55 am »

Love bugs have started their felonious sex show. Bike getting put in the garage for a few weeks until they’re gone.

kodiakisland

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2018, 10:07:58 am »

Riding almost every day now.  Rode quite a bit in Fayetteville Tuesday and didn't have one single person try to kill me.  Must have been a slow facebook day.

Großer Kriegschwein

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2018, 01:07:38 pm »

Heading to pick up the FXDL.

Will post pictures of before and after surgery.

Großer Kriegschwein

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2018, 04:15:38 pm »

Baby-san is back home.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2018, 10:52:33 am »

Just got back from Mount Magazine State Park yesterday. All you bike riders stay off Mount Magazine next time I’m there please. Maybe I’ll actually be able to hear something from Mother Nature.

Großer Kriegschwein

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2018, 08:31:41 pm »

Just got back from Mount Magazine State Park yesterday. All you bike riders stay off Mount Magazine next time I’m there please. Maybe I’ll actually be able to hear something from Mother Nature.

Give me the exact time you are gonna be there next and I’ll surely “not” be there.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2018, 09:48:44 am »

Give me the exact time you are gonna be there next and I’ll surely “not” be there.

Thanks. I have nothing against bikes in general. They are impressive machines. When I’m camping though I kind of like to commune with nature. Hard to do sometimes when bikes constantly interrupt that serenity and quietness.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 03:44:54 pm by Inhogswetrust »

kodiakisland

« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2018, 05:53:24 pm »

Thanks. I have nothing against bikes in general. They are impressive machines. When I’m camping though I kind of like to commune with nature. Hard to do sometimes when bikes constantly interrupt that serenity and quietness.

If you wan to commune with nature, you need to get far enough off the road that vehicle exhaust isn't an issue. 

My bike is loud, but I'm not obnoxious about it.  I'm not one of those idiots revving their engine at every stop and I try to ride in higher gear around residential areas.

Großer Kriegschwein

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2018, 03:06:39 pm »

Pretty much decided on aftermarket parts list from the RGS.

Stage 3 kit
Thunderheader 2 into 1 exhaust
14” chiseled apes
Long ride shield
Highway pegs

LAHogfan123

« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2018, 05:07:10 am »

We had twins in ‘13.

My response:

Nobody rides mine unless I'm holding their money first, that way if they wreck my bike it's now theirs to fix.

kodiakisland

« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2018, 06:41:21 pm »

Been riding to work every day now for a couple of months.  I've been thinking of putting a gopro on the bike so when they find me dead  in the ditch they will know who did it.  I'd just like to ride to work one day without someone trying to kill me.  I don't know what's worse, kids and their texting or old people who should no longer be driving. 

kodiakisland

« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2018, 08:35:10 pm »

So who is enjoying B,B,BBQ?  I've gone to Baum and test rode Harleys three times now.  Tried out at least 10 different bikes.  Figured out my next bike will probably be a softail deluxe.  It just felt right.

Did a nice ride with coworkers to Eureka Friday for lunch.  Plenty of bikes on the road, but not congested traffic.  Little time on Dickson drinking and watching the bikes.

Großer Kriegschwein

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2018, 06:00:58 am »

Been riding to work every day now for a couple of months.  I've been thinking of putting a gopro on the bike so when they find me dead  in the ditch they will know who did it.  I'd just like to ride to work one day without someone trying to kill me.  I don't know what's worse, kids and their texting or old people who should no longer be driving.

I have refused all calls for adding a Go Pro to the helmet. About to put some Paul Yaffe handlebars on mind and a long ride shield. Sometime in the next 3 months I'll add fairing lowers when the weather starts to change.

Just bought a new truck. '15 Ford Super Duty.

kodiakisland

« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2019, 08:58:48 pm »

That time of year again.  Been riding to work since mid March.  Just about froze a few mornings.
My daughter finally got her motorcycle license.  can't decide if I want to give her my bike and get a softail deluxe, or maybe get her a 883 sportster.  She currently rides my Indian when she's home on the weekends.

Großer Kriegschwein

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2019, 06:52:56 pm »

That time of year again.  Been riding to work since mid March.  Just about froze a few mornings.
My daughter finally got her motorcycle license.  can't decide if I want to give her my bike and get a softail deluxe, or maybe get her a 883 sportster.  She currently rides my Indian when she's home on the weekends.

883s can be upgraded to 1200 fairly easily.

99toLife

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Crazy Times Make Crazy people Crazier!!!!
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2019, 07:09:09 pm »

I have a few Harleys, and these days they ain't worth what they used to be.  Cheaper to keep.   

Großer Kriegschwein

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2019, 09:34:23 pm »

I have a few Harleys, and these days they ain't worth what they used to be.  Cheaper to keep.

Nah.

They’re good bikes. 883 is a good entry bike to get used to riding/counter steering/to lay down a few times.

Plenty of power for the Ozarks.

Currently looking for one for my boy. He’s only 6, but they do make a pretty cool bobber if you know what you’re doing. Gonna take my time squaring his up before he turns 18.

Großer Kriegschwein

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2019, 07:10:30 pm »

18 because if he’s gonna tip, lay one down or abuse one it’s gonna be a Virago or something.

LAHogfan123

« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2019, 12:40:35 pm »

We had twins in ‘13.

My response:

I've been owning bikes and riding going on 43 years.  The first mistake you made was letting someone ride your machine without having them fork over the cash.  Nobody rides one of my bikes without me having cash in hand.  Riding a motorcycle is not like test driving a car, some hard leg that I've never even seen is not going to come and even swing a leg over one of my rides, much less take it for a cruise, unless I've got cash in hand.  Every guy that owns a motorcycle should understand that 101.

Großer Kriegschwein

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2019, 09:28:06 pm »

I've been owning bikes and riding going on 43 years.  The first mistake you made was letting someone ride your machine without having them fork over the cash.  Nobody rides one of my bikes without me having cash in hand.  Riding a motorcycle is not like test driving a car, some hard leg that I've never even seen is not going to come and even swing a leg over one of my rides, much less take it for a cruise, unless I've got cash in hand.  Every guy that owns a motorcycle should understand that 101.

If he had tipped the bike, he’d have been paying for the damage that could never be repaired (custom numbered Harley paint) and whatever he scuffed up.

I’ve been riding over 30 years.

I’d have gotten the cops to the house and we’d have worked it out with his motorcycle insurance company (it would have been the 3rd bike in his garage).

I’d have gotten mine back. This is small town Louisiana.

And when I said “down the street”, I mean straight down a residential street with a cul-de-sac and straight back down the street to my house. No turns and no traffic.

It’s my call to make anyway.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas