• 10,548,698 Posts
• 415,646 Topics
• 23,824 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Redbird Rundown XII  (Read 8343 times)

McKdaddy

Re: Redbird Rundown XII
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2018, 10:50:57 am »

So basically my only solution is to add the DirecTV Sports Pack which gives me about 20 sports channels I won't ever watch, but it does add some regional Fox Sports channels; FSSE (Grizzlies Games), FSMW (Royals and Cardinals, FSOK (Thunder), and FSSW - Houston. FSSW DFW is already on my package.  Price is $13.99 a month according to the website so I'll probably be adding this package from now until October.

^^^^^   I got this package 4 years ago when switching from Cox to DTV, and realizing how many Cardinals' games I was losing in the switch.  This package, which has FSMW, was the answer to my prayers.

Disney bought the regional sports packages from Fox earlier this year or late last year.  Not sure when the official takeover will be since the broadcasts are still labeled FS.

jrulz83

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Lenin lived, Lenin lives, Lenin will live forever!
« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2018, 10:53:38 am »

I donít have the FSMW package on my Dish subscription, but I do get most games on there on various Fox Sports Alternate channels anyway. The ones I donít get on Dish I can usually (9 times out of 10) watch on the iPad or laptop with the Fox Sports Go app.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Cotton

• Formerly of ESPN 8 "The Ocho"
« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2018, 10:58:41 am »

I donít have the FSMW package on my Dish subscription, but I do get most games on there on various Fox Sports Alternate channels anyway. The ones I donít get on Dish I can usually (9 times out of 10) watch on the iPad or laptop with the Fox Sports Go app.
Last year I got MLB at Bat to stream the games from my phone and cast them to my TV only to find out that Cardinals games were still blacked out and I had to watch the away broadcast  :puke:

^^^^^   I got this package 4 years ago when switching from Cox to DTV, and realizing how many Cardinals' games I was losing in the switch.  This package, which has FSMW, was the answer to my prayers.

Disney bought the regional sports packages from Fox earlier this year or late last year.  Not sure when the official takeover will be since the broadcasts are still labeled FS.
Working on getting this added today.  $14/month for 6 months is worth it to watch my Redbirds.

jrulz83

« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2018, 11:35:45 am »

Last year I got MLB at Bat to stream the games from my phone and cast them to my TV only to find out that Cardinals games were still blacked out and I had to watch the away broadcast  :puke:

I have nearly always been able to get the FSMW broadcast on Dish or on the app. Now right at the beginning of last season I had issues with Dish carrying them on the Alt Fox channels. But I called and they told me basically that they were working it out. After they ďworked it outĒ (I guess), Iíve had no issues.

This is weird though. I use my Dish subscription to access the app and sometimes Cards games will be on the app that arenít on my tv and vice versa. It makes zero sense. If I use my Dish account to access content on the app shouldnít the same content be available on my tv and vice versa?

Cotton

« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2018, 11:52:58 am »

I have nearly always been able to get the FSMW broadcast on Dish or on the app. Now right at the beginning of last season I had issues with Dish carrying them on the Alt Fox channels. But I called and they told me basically that they were working it out. After they ďworked it outĒ (I guess), Iíve had no issues.

This is weird though. I use my Dish subscription to access the app and sometimes Cards games will be on the app that arenít on my tv and vice versa. It makes zero sense. If I use my Dish account to access content on the app shouldnít the same content be available on my tv and vice versa?
I have Direct and ATT internet bundled so my login is an "ATT Access ID" and I can't use it to sign in for streaming content. (I've went off on ATT like 5 times for this and they basically don't have a fix for it yet) So I just use a close friend's login for streaming stuff.  I love casting to my vizio tv.

Either way, in the next couple of days I'll have FSMW up and running with Directv.

jrulz83

« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2018, 12:48:21 pm »

I have Direct and ATT internet bundled so my login is an "ATT Access ID" and I can't use it to sign in for streaming content. (I've went off on ATT like 5 times for this and they basically don't have a fix for it yet) So I just use a close friend's login for streaming stuff.  I love casting to my vizio tv.

Either way, in the next couple of days I'll have FSMW up and running with Directv.

The good news tonight is the game is on FS1, so no need for shenanigans or tomfoolery.

Cotton

« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2018, 01:03:03 pm »

The good news tonight is the game is on FS1, so no need for shenanigans or tomfoolery.
I wish I was packing a bag tonight to go to STL tomorrow for the home opener but it didn't work out this year.

jrulz83

« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2018, 01:10:57 pm »

I wish I was packing a bag tonight to go to STL tomorrow for the home opener but it didn't work out this year.

True dat. Saturday and Sunday look brutal weatherwise in STL, for baseball anyway.

Cotton

« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2018, 02:23:54 pm »

Also, the best part of this is not listening to McCarver.

jrulz83

« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2018, 09:18:30 am »

We saw the Carlos Martinez we needed last night. He has to be that pitcher if the Cardinals are going to be in contention this season. I know itís early, but Iím kind of excited about this team. I think they have the offense to win, they just need the starters to hold up and do their jobs.

It will be interesting to see what happens with the bullpen once Gregerson and Holland are ready. I think Bowman and Sherriff are the only ones with minor league options left, and I canít see Bowman getting demoted. I think Tuivailala may get moved along one way or another.

Anyway, who else is ready to see the Clydesdales?  :)

Cotton

« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2018, 09:30:17 am »

We saw the Carlos Martinez we needed last night. He has to be that pitcher if the Cardinals are going to be in contention this season. I know itís early, but Iím kind of excited about this team. I think they have the offense to win, they just need the starters to hold up and do their jobs.

It will be interesting to see what happens with the bullpen once Gregerson and Holland are ready. I think Bowman and Sherriff are the only ones with minor league options left, and I canít see Bowman getting demoted. I think Tuivailala may get moved along one way or another.

Anyway, who else is ready to see the Clydesdales?  :)
Tsunami was in full effect last night. Absolutely dealing!

Clydesdales and Card Legends, Waino on the bump, baseball is back in STL and all is right in the world!

jrulz83

« Reply #61 on: April 05, 2018, 12:49:17 pm »

i for one am not excited about this team. we have one of the best lineups in baseball, at least the first 6, with sorry pitching. we are the Anaheim Angels made over.

Pitching has been solid outside of Martinez and Wachaís first start. To declare it sorry is a reach. Mikolas and Weaver were impressive in their debuts. Weaver fought with an inconsistent strike zone in his start. Mikolas held the Brewers down pretty well outside of some solo home runs which in Miller Park can happen to anybody. Flaherty struck out 9 in five innings. Martinez was electric last night. I think/hope that Wainwright is about to surprise some people tonight.

pigture perfect

« Reply #62 on: April 06, 2018, 08:36:11 pm »

Waino was just not sharp last night. Needs to knock some rust off perhaps.

jrulz83

« Reply #63 on: April 07, 2018, 11:58:42 am »

Waino was just not sharp last night. Needs to knock some rust off perhaps.

Wainwright needs to get three starts, if he isnít right by then itís time to re-evaluate his rotation status. His being a franchise icon makes this a delicate spot but letís not kid ourselves, itís all about production. I hope he figures it out, but Flaherty looks ready if Wainwright canít get going.

McKdaddy

« Reply #64 on: April 07, 2018, 12:03:30 pm »

Wainwright needs to get three starts, if he isnít right by then itís time to re-evaluate his rotation status. His being a franchise icon makes this a delicate spot but letís not kid ourselves, itís all about production. I hope he figures it out.

pigture perfect

« Reply #65 on: April 07, 2018, 10:42:34 pm »

Wainwright needs to get three starts, if he isnít right by then itís time to re-evaluate his rotation status. His being a franchise icon makes this a delicate spot but letís not kid ourselves, itís all about production. I hope he figures it out, but Flaherty looks ready if Wainwright canít get going.
I agree. Flaherty looked good last time out.

pigture perfect

« Reply #66 on: April 08, 2018, 10:38:50 pm »

Holland canít get here quick enough. Man, we have some rag arm relievers right now.

hoghappy

« Reply #67 on: April 09, 2018, 01:14:22 am »

Weaver pitched well enough for a win.

jrulz83

« Reply #68 on: April 09, 2018, 09:13:08 am »

The mistakes with bullpen management that Maddux was supposed to mitigate havenít gotten any better. Why on earth do you have a guy like Mike Mayers on the roster if youíre only going to pitch him once every 10 days or so? Itís so very dumb. Of course heís going to be less than sharp, he had one appearance before yesterday. How many appearances does Matt Bowman have you ask? 6. In a season thatís now nine games old he has 6 appearances! Average that out over the season and itís 108 appearances. Mayers was supposed to be the guy when a starter has a short stint, yet who relieved Wainwright when he couldnít finish 4 innings? It wasnít Mayers.

I cannot for the life of me understand Mathenyís in case of emergency break glass reliever, itís not a winning strategy. It shortens your bench, and it leaves a pitcher to rust and languish from lack of use. With the way Matheny uses his 8 man bullpen, I donít see the benefit of it. In fact, I see more harm than good.

Cotton

« Reply #69 on: April 09, 2018, 10:55:57 am »

Recap of the Yadi incident with AZ Manager.  Loved hearing our crowd back Yadi. 

1. Lovullo to Timmons twice, per the field mic on Fox Sports Arizona's broadcast (via azcentral.com):

"You can't let that motherfó makes balls (into) strikes."

2. Molina on Lovullo (via stltoday.com):

ďHe called me motherfó twice. If youíre going to call (that) to a guy, youíve got to be ready to fight. And he pointed at me, too. Thatís unprofessional. Hopefully we can meet face-to-face and see if heís got some (guts) and can tell me right to my face.Ē

3. Lovullo:

ďI wasnít saying it to him. I didnít say anything to him. I was just referencing him in the wrong way, and I understood why he got frustrated.Ē

4. Timmons to a pool reporter on Lovullo's comments and Molina's actions:

"(Lovullo) made a comment that was aggressive that Yadi overheard so thatís why Yadi reacted the way that he did. I think at that point Yadi became agitated, which was understandable. So when I turned around, he didnít maybe push me as much as I tried to get in between them. I think it was a natural reaction."

5. Cardinals manager Mike Matheny, a former catcher, on whether Lovullo had gone broached managerial etiquette:

ďIíd like to say I wouldnít do it. Everyone handles things how they handle it. You get thrown into a situation, you do what you do. I always have my guyís back. I donít necessarily like being out there called something. So I understand why (Molina) wouldnít either.Ē

jrulz83

« Reply #70 on: April 09, 2018, 05:10:08 pm »

Greg Holland is on the 25 man roster for tonight, Mayers optioned out. My only question is who becomes the in case of emergency reliever now? It wonít be Lyons, heís the only lefty currently. Tuivailala maybe?

jst01

« Reply #71 on: April 09, 2018, 09:02:33 pm »

Offense is another major failure this year. Time for this cheap front office to get out and put someone in charge that spends their money (top 6 in MLB revenue kind of money) on hitters. Too many sub par hitters getting shown up by average pitchers.

jst01

« Reply #72 on: April 09, 2018, 09:35:22 pm »

Holland sucks. What a pathetic introduction to the home crowd.

pigture perfect

« Reply #73 on: April 09, 2018, 09:38:49 pm »

Tui looked good for 2. Holland wasnít ready. Base running tonight has sucked.

McKdaddy

« Reply #74 on: April 09, 2018, 09:46:25 pm »

Manager malpractice.

pigture perfect

« Reply #75 on: April 09, 2018, 09:48:54 pm »

Manager malpractice.
General and On Field.

jst01

« Reply #76 on: April 09, 2018, 09:50:05 pm »

3 of 8 starters hitting below .170. This year will be no better than the last few. When is the last time a Cards manager was fired during season? Because if this team gets down to around 10 games down, Mike and Mo may be sent packing.

jrulz83

« Reply #77 on: April 09, 2018, 09:56:20 pm »

Manager malpractice.

Iím done trying to figure out Mathenyís thought processes. Itís like he tries to do the wrong things.

McKdaddy

« Reply #78 on: April 09, 2018, 09:57:56 pm »

3 of 8 starters hitting below .170. This year will be no better than the last few.

Cards are being Mabryíd again.

Cotton

« Reply #79 on: April 10, 2018, 08:15:45 am »

MM's managing of pitchers is so frustrating. 

jst01

« Reply #80 on: April 10, 2018, 08:23:33 am »

Listening to St. Louis radio..

Last nights game had 23k fans show up with 35k PAID.  They didn't have a paid attendance that low in all of last season.  Cold weather or not (48* at game time so not that cold), the fans and city are already making a point that losing in the same ways to start this year are not going to be tolerated.

A good point the radio guy brought up that I also have felt in the last few years is that the Cards have lost any fear factor they imposed on other clubs back before 2014. There was a home field advantage and just a mentality the Cards had that meant they would play hard and smart. That is gone. Unfocused and unintelligent baseball has been the norm in St. Louis for the past couple of years.

jrulz83

« Reply #81 on: April 10, 2018, 08:35:44 am »

I think Matheny is facing a make or break season this year. All the coaching staff changes signify that to me. If this team continues with itís meandering, lackluster, and frankly boring performances a change needs to be made. Cardinals baseball isnít fun right now.

Last night was like the death of 1000 cuts. Bases loaded, no outs in the bottom of the ninth and the best option to pinch hit is Greg Garcia because Matheny has to have a pitcher that pitches once every 10 days on the roster. Now nothing against Garcia, heís a fine player in his role, but heís not who I want taking that AB. All this vaunted retooled lineup can manage is one run on a sac fly from a no outs bases loaded situation. Pathetic is the word that comes to mind.

McKdaddy

« Reply #82 on: April 10, 2018, 09:05:17 am »

Matheny's seeming lack of growth as a manager over this 7 years has been so disappointing.  It was looked past during his playoff run from 2012-2015, and anyone that criticized him for repeating the same old mistakes was scoffed at.  But the rope has gotten short, finally, as eyes have opened.

jst01

« Reply #83 on: April 10, 2018, 09:08:11 pm »

Offense is rough. Had a huge chance to score and the cards have up..Harrison Bader, Yairo Munoz (who??) and Wong. Is this a pro team anymore??

pigture perfect

« Reply #84 on: April 10, 2018, 11:35:12 pm »

Great comeback tonight. maybe a jump start to something.

jst01

« Reply #85 on: April 11, 2018, 05:57:20 am »

Was definitely good to see and needed. Crazy that Brewers gave up the tying run similar to Cards the night before..TWO wild pitches in the bottom of 9th to let a runner score from second. Ouch.

Cotton

« Reply #86 on: April 11, 2018, 08:04:39 am »

I fell asleep after the wild pitches. Which is probably better I didn't have to suffer through the 10th. Glad we got the W!

12:15 start today before we hit the road to Cincy

jrulz83

« Reply #87 on: April 11, 2018, 09:05:09 am »

Maybe this win gets things rolling, but Iím skeptical. I thought the same thing last year after a win or two like last night. The offense has to get rolling!

jst01

« Reply #88 on: April 11, 2018, 02:54:23 pm »

Brew crew must have some Cy Young contenders  :-\

McKdaddy

« Reply #89 on: April 11, 2018, 05:15:15 pm »

Tough home stand for the batters.  Per Goold.....

Cards went 9 for 42 (.209) w/ RISP.  Had 41 hits in the 6 games.  They struck out 60 times....20 innings worth of K's, compared to 56 innings of batting for the 6 games.

jrulz83

« Reply #90 on: April 11, 2018, 05:24:25 pm »

Well, at least Wainwright pitched well. These kinds of losses are the ones that really hurt when you look back over a season. The offense is a joke right now, the strikeout rate is appalling. I don't get why the Cardinals suffer through slow offensive starts like this year in and year out.

McKdaddy

« Reply #91 on: April 11, 2018, 05:28:48 pm »

Yeah, glad for Adam today.

pigture perfect

« Reply #92 on: April 11, 2018, 09:13:54 pm »

He did look better today, but yeah, those Kís stand for Killer.

Cotton

« Reply #93 on: April 12, 2018, 10:43:58 am »

Anybody see Joe Kelley plunk Tyler Austin then tell him to CMON when he thought about charging the mound. Got some good licks in too.

Favorite former Cardinal playing for another team.

jrulz83

« Reply #94 on: April 12, 2018, 12:36:38 pm »

Anybody see Joe Kelley plunk Tyler Austin then tell him to CMON when he thought about charging the mound. Got some good licks in too.

Favorite former Cardinal playing for another team.

Austin needed plunking. I know some on here are going to say pitchers shouldnít throw at people, but thatís the way you protect your teammate. That spikes up slide he did at second was dirty. Itís one thing to go in hard, but he spiked the 2B in the calf.

jst01

« Reply #95 on: April 12, 2018, 01:57:24 pm »

Both sides over-reacted on that. The slide wasn't even that bad. The toe of his cleat caught the guy on calf and might have left a small mark and a hole in his pants.  He started his slide on time and didn't leave the baseline. It wasn't a case of him coming in and targeting the guy and snapping his knee in half.  Now you'll have NY getting back at Boston for hitting Tyler Austin..and on and on and on.

jrulz83

« Reply #96 on: April 12, 2018, 02:19:55 pm »

Both sides over-reacted on that. The slide wasn't even that bad. The toe of his cleat caught the guy on calf and might have left a small mark and a hole in his pants.  He started his slide on time and didn't leave the baseline. It wasn't a case of him coming in and targeting the guy and snapping his knee in half.  Now you'll have NY getting back at Boston for hitting Tyler Austin..and on and on and on.

I donít think Boston overreacted. They felt the slide was dirty and they policed the game. Theyíll deal with the resultant fallout. Itís the way baseball is played and itís awesome.

Donít like the unwritten rules of baseball? Go watch soccer.

Cotton

« Reply #97 on: April 12, 2018, 03:28:46 pm »

The slide was dirty. He cleats the guy outside of the base on purpose. It's clear as day.

Joe sticks up for his guy next at bat. That's baseball.

pigture perfect

« Reply #98 on: April 12, 2018, 03:45:10 pm »

I agree with Pedro. The execution of the payback pitch by Kelly was perfect. It had to be done and it was in the right location and the right time. That was a dirty slide by Austin. I have come in hard on guys before but not with spikes up.

pigture perfect

« Reply #99 on: April 12, 2018, 03:46:57 pm »

I donít think Boston overreacted. They felt the slide was dirty and they policed the game. Theyíll deal with the resultant fallout. Itís the way baseball is played and itís awesome.

Donít like the unwritten rules of baseball? Go watch soccer.
I would +1 if I could. I love the unwritten rules.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas