Non Sports Forums > RazorVets

What did you think of the Flyover?

(1/2) > >>

Alyssa Orange:
It was the first flyover before and Arkansas game in at least 4 seasons. What did you think?

We were given an exclusive invitation to ride along with the Blackhawks during their flyover practice Thursday, so you can check that out as well.

http://www.nwahomepage.com/razorback-nation/arkansas-flyover-saturday-first-in-years

Hawgzinbowlz:

It's great to be an American.
The crowd was fired up after the flyover and the honoring of our military.
Impressive flag display.

" GO HOGS "

jkstock04:
I thought it was pretty cool.

Amityvillehogger:
It was awesome.

Porked Tongue:
Always like.

trippigs:
We liked it because they were going somewhat slow so you could get a good look.....strong

HOGS82:
I've flown in Blackhawks several times stateside and abroad. They're lots of fun. I wish the flyover was an every home game type of thing. Seems like it occurred with regularity while I was a student there.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya:
I love lamp

hawginbigd1:
Flyovers can't get enough of em!

LRHawg:
Loved it.

OptimusHog:
Flew right over my step-son and I. Got a great shot of it.

BDSCT51:
Outstanding in my book!

tannerstahl:
Looked INCREDIBLE on TV!! wooo pig!

sowmonella:
Very cool.

razorquack:
I was standing at the very top of the south end zone and you went directly above us.  I thought I videoed it but some how screwed it up, So cool.

Possible Oatmeal:

--- Quote from: OptimusHog on September 18, 2016, 07:14:14 pm ---Flew right over my step-son and I. Got a great shot of it.

--- End quote ---

The picture isn't showing up for some reason.

Brandon72:
One thing we can all agree on, unless somebody is a Kaepernick fan and hates America, is that a flyover like last night is not only patriotic but is an epic adrenaline rush that gets a juiced up crowed into an even more frenzy, that can never hurt the home team.


Hog N Bama:
I'm proud of my country. Those who question their pride, should spend a week in another country.

CallThemHawgs!:
Absolutely awesome, makes pregame / intro so much cooler

PonderinHog:
Will they do banners ???

(notOM)Rebel123:

--- Quote from: PonderinHog on September 18, 2016, 09:28:55 pm ---Will they do banners ???

--- End quote ---

For a nominal fee...

iCalledThatHogBrotha!:
AWESOME!

ur:
https://www.facebook.com/arkansasnationalguard/

video from inside the helicopter.

hogmolar:
I was surprised how quit those things are. Really cool. From SEZ you could see them coming.

LZH:
Great! They got pretty low, too.

ChiTown27:
I want it to be known that my friend, Kris, flies F/A-18s, and he is from Arkansas and wanted to do a fly-over for the Bama game (he will be in town for my wedding the day before.) He said the U of A had zero interest in a fly-over, and that they were going with a parachute team instead. Not sure about you guys, but I would much rather have a fighter jet shaking my guts than to have some people dive in. The Blackhawks were cool though.

scoami:
My nephew was flying one of the Blackhawks, so I loved it!

JenksHawg:
Flyover was cool.  I'm sure this will be unpopular, but sometimes I felt like a football game broke out at a military appreciation rally (and I'm an Army veteran).  Not sure if we need one at every tv timeout. 

HognitiveDissonance:
The BlackHawks were cool, it was a different twist.
Not that jets aren't always cool.
The copters were close enough that you could see one guy pumping his fist out the window on the way by.
Their timing was a little bit off, a few seconds late, but no one is going to complain about that.

I respect everyone's first amendment rights, but I'm kinda glad players aren't on the field during the pregame festivities to have an opportunity to join the Kapernick movement. I don't want to see that invading college football. And I don't think it would be received too well. I guess I'm saying, leave the protests to the professionals.

hhicNaychaBoi:
i took a knee during the fly over

Birminghog:

--- Quote from: ChiTown27 on September 18, 2016, 10:38:37 pm ---I want it to be known that my friend, Kris, flies F/A-18s, and he is from Arkansas and wanted to do a fly-over for the Bama game (he will be in town for my wedding the day before.) He said the U of A had zero interest in a fly-over, and that they were going with a parachute team instead. Not sure about you guys, but I would much rather have a fighter jet shaking my guts than to have some people dive in. The Blackhawks were cool though.

--- End quote ---

Several years ago, I was invited to conduct the National Anthem at a Bama home game with their band. Before the game, they told me it was going to be a jet flyover. Timing was perfect. Just as we hit the last word, the jets went over with their sound close behind, so the effect was, "brave" (whoosh). It was a real rush. The Bama staff told me that it was the best timing they had ever seen. I felt very much blessed to have been a part of it.

You're right  - there's nothing quite like the visceral experience of a fighter jet going over.

FANONTHEHILL:

--- Quote from: Alyssa Orange on September 18, 2016, 06:25:19 pm ---It was the first flyover before and Arkansas game in at least 4 seasons. What did you think?

We were given an exclusive invitation to ride along with the Blackhawks during their flyover practice Thursday, so you can check that out as well.

http://www.nwahomepage.com/razorback-nation/arkansas-flyover-saturday-first-in-years

--- End quote ---
Really enjoyed the flyover and your special access reporting.  One of my favorite flyovers I've seen over the years.  #1 is the B-2 before the Tennessee game several years ago, but the Blackhawks with our own Arkansas National Guard at the controls is  close second.  Thanks for sharing and thank you to everyone at Razorback National for your quality reporting.

Pig in the Pokey:

--- Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on September 19, 2016, 05:54:12 am ---Really enjoyed the flyover and your special access reporting.  One of my favorite flyovers I've seen over the years.  #1 is the B-2 before the Tennessee game several years ago, but the Blackhawks with our own Arkansas National Guard at the controls is  close second.  Thanks for sharing and thank you to everyone at Razorback National for your quality reporting.

--- End quote ---
Best I remember was the Texas game (o4 i think) Matt Jones vs Vince Young. I was in the South endzone up top right on the railing. I didnt know the flyover was coming and it came from the south (my back was to it). Since they are faster than sound, I never even heard it coming. I almost fell over! It scared the darn out of me. THAT was a badass flyover, though. F-16 IIRC. I remember that blue exhaust, and how low they were.

earshot:
The Texas flyover was pretty awesome. They went into a steep climb after the flyover and hit the throttle.

The B2 bomber was my personal favorite. Low and slow and flew back over on the return back to base.

ricepig:

--- Quote from: earshot on September 19, 2016, 07:26:30 am ---The Texas flyover was pretty awesome. They went into a steep climb after the flyover and hit the throttle.

The B2 bomber was my personal favorite. Low and slow and flew back over on the return back to base.

--- End quote ---

Mine too, the camera picked it up before you could see it.

longpig:
The Blackhawks were better than the FedEx jet crop dusting the liberty Bowl.  A spaceship or something would've been better,   Enterprise NX-01 or Death Star preferably.

MO.Hog:

--- Quote from: PonderinHog on September 18, 2016, 09:28:55 pm ---Will they do banners ???

--- End quote ---

Petit Jean Meats?  :razorback: :razorback:

TexHog188:
Was at the Ole Miss  vs Alabama game and they had two F-18s flyover. Love em.

bennyl08:
Flyovers have zero to do with american pride or football. I enjoy seeing them because who doesn't get a kick out of watching such aircraft fly. However, from a patriotic standpoint, tax dollars would be better spent on actual services rather than what is effectively a military parade. The kid in me loves seeing them, the adult views it as wasteful spending/propaganda. The sports fan likes them for about the same reason the kid in me likes seeing them. Thus, overall, It is more enjoyable than not.

sowmonella:

--- Quote from: bennyl08 on September 19, 2016, 08:18:00 pm ---Flyovers have zero to do with american pride or football. I enjoy seeing them because who doesn't get a kick out of watching such aircraft fly. However, from a patriotic standpoint, tax dollars would be better spent on actual services rather than what is effectively a military parade. The kid in me loves seeing them, the adult views it as wasteful spending/propaganda. The sports fan likes them for about the same reason the kid in me likes seeing them. Thus, overall, It is more enjoyable than not.

--- End quote ---

It's one of the few times we can actually see our tax dollars at work. I love the flyovers.

ricepig:

--- Quote from: bennyl08 on September 19, 2016, 08:18:00 pm ---Flyovers have zero to do with american pride or football. I enjoy seeing them because who doesn't get a kick out of watching such aircraft fly. However, from a patriotic standpoint, tax dollars would be better spent on actual services rather than what is effectively a military parade. The kid in me loves seeing them, the adult views it as wasteful spending/propaganda. The sports fan likes them for about the same reason the kid in me likes seeing them. Thus, overall, It is more enjoyable than not.

--- End quote ---

They are scheduled training exercises.

bennyl08:

--- Quote from: ricepig on September 19, 2016, 08:27:27 pm ---They are scheduled training exercises.

--- End quote ---

Technically speaking, yes they are. However, technically speaking, NFL players doing a play 60 with elementary kids are getting a getting a workout as well. Not going to pretend like there isn't any benefit to the flyover. The timing it takes to hit it just right requires a lot of skill. However, I'm also not going to pretend like that is the absolute best way to get that training either. However, that other training doesn't get the same publicity, PR, demand for funding from the public, or recruit as well as flyover type events do.

PorkSoda:

--- Quote from: Alyssa Orange on September 18, 2016, 06:25:19 pm ---It was the first flyover before and Arkansas game in at least 4 seasons. What did you think?

We were given an exclusive invitation to ride along with the Blackhawks during their flyover practice Thursday, so you can check that out as well.

http://www.nwahomepage.com/razorback-nation/arkansas-flyover-saturday-first-in-years

--- End quote ---
loved it.

PorkSoda:

--- Quote from: bennyl08 on September 19, 2016, 08:35:24 pm ---Technically speaking, yes they are. However, technically speaking, NFL players doing a play 60 with elementary kids are getting a getting a workout as well. Not going to pretend like there isn't any benefit to the flyover. The timing it takes to hit it just right requires a lot of skill. However, I'm also not going to pretend like that is the absolute best way to get that training either. However, that other training doesn't get the same publicity, PR, demand for funding from the public, or recruit as well as flyover type events do.

--- End quote ---
to be fair, they likely have a specific number of training hours available.  its certainly pretty cool to see them used for fly overs when possible.

Foozzball:
It was AWESOME!  Felt like I could almost reach out and touch them...lol

The Chief:

--- Quote from: PorkSoda on September 19, 2016, 08:38:07 pm ---to be fair, they likely have a specific number of training hours available.  its certainly pretty cool to see them used for fly overs when possible.

--- End quote ---

It works like this:  The individual aviators have semi-annual flying requirements that have to be met.  Formation flying is one of those requirements.  They probably grabbed four aviators that needed to be either evaluated on that task or simply needed to perform their semi-annual iteration of that task and just so happened to work the flyover into their training plan.

I promise you, the mission planning, rehearsing, and execution were performed as any other training flight would have been.

The hours were going to be flown for that particular training, anyway.  Why not incorporate that training into something that could be used as a recruiting tool/goodwill gesture to the citizens?

PonderinHog:

--- Quote from: ricepig on September 19, 2016, 08:27:27 pm ---They are scheduled training exercises.

--- End quote ---
Could like maybe take out Saban and call it friendly fire or something?

ricepig:

--- Quote from: PonderinHog on September 19, 2016, 08:43:15 pm ---Could like maybe take out Saban and call it friendly fire or something?

--- End quote ---

Bring back an A-10 for a flyover while ole Nicky is standing at midfield....

PonderinHog:

--- Quote from: ricepig on September 19, 2016, 08:45:08 pm ---Bring back an A-10 for a flyover while ole Nicky is standing at midfield....

--- End quote ---
Sideline.  We don't want to damage the field.  One of our players could roll an ankle... :razorback:

(notOM)Rebel123:

--- Quote from: bennyl08 on September 19, 2016, 08:18:00 pm ---Flyovers have zero to do with american pride or football. I enjoy seeing them because who doesn't get a kick out of watching such aircraft fly. However, from a patriotic standpoint, tax dollars would be better spent on actual services rather than what is effectively a military parade. The kid in me loves seeing them, the adult views it as wasteful spending/propaganda. The sports fan likes them for about the same reason the kid in me likes seeing them. Thus, overall, It is more enjoyable than not.

--- End quote ---

Don't you have another campfire to go piss on? Geez.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View