• 10,247,247 Posts
• 416,986 Topics
• 24,913 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Tennessee Football Recruiting  (Read 20481 times)

jbcarol

Re: Tennessee Football Recruiting
« Reply #250 on: April 26, 2020, 02:29:16 pm »

Ryan Callahan
@RyanCallahan247
 · 29m
JUST IN: Five-star edge rusher @_dylanbrooks commits to #Tennessee #Vols (FREE) https://247sports.com/college/tennessee/Article/Tennessee-Vols-Football-Recruiting-Dylan-Brooks-commits-Tennessee-five-star-defensive-end-146517127 via @GrantRamey

He would be the highest-rated prospect to pick Tennessee since Darnell Wright, the No. 10 overall player in the 2019 class.

Brooks the fifth Alabama prospect in the 2021 Vols class, joining four-star wide receiver Jordan Mosley, three-star athlete Roc Taylor, three-star safety Edwin White and three-star corner back Jay Jones.

He’s the second defensive end in the class, alongside three-star strongside defensive end Darrell Jackson (Havana, Fla.), who committed in February.

Brooks attended junior days at Tennessee on March 7 and January 18. He took an unofficial visit to see the Vols last November.

Handley High football head coach Larry Strain told BamaOnline on Saturday that he thought Alabama, Auburn, LSU and Tennessee were the four teams leading the race for Brooks.

Strain said even though recruiting on campus and on the road has been shut down by the NCAA during the COVID-19 pandemic, the recruitment of Brooks never slowed down.

“One, because the coaches on the recruiting trail, they have time now. They didn’t have to go through spring, they didn’t have their own kids to work with as far as training. They can’t get together and meet together.

“All they’ve got is that phone and that laptop now. It’s been real frequent. I’m sure Dylan has been blown up every day.”

jbcarol

« Reply #251 on: April 27, 2020, 02:10:23 pm »

SEC Football News
@SECfootball
·
27m
Florida staffer trolls former Gator commit Kamar Wilcoxson after 4-star defensive back pledges to Tennessee

6-foot-1, 190-pound Wilcoxson is rated as our nation’s No. 14 safety prospect and the No. 266 overall recruit in the 2021...

Wilcoxson’s decision is especially interesting considering he has been committed to Florida on two separate occasions, with his most recent decommitment coming back on March 26...

John Herron, officially listed as “Assistant Director of Player Personnel” on the Florida Gators staff directory, posted this comment on Twitter:

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

jbcarol

« Reply #252 on: April 27, 2020, 02:58:42 pm »

Wes Rucker@wesrucker247
·
38m

***New @GoVols247 Podcast***

Four-star Florida DB Kamar Wilcoxson commits to the red-hot #Vols, who are back near the top five in the national recruiting rankings.

https://bit.ly/2Wh9kTx

SeldomHere

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • | LZH likes this Swede |
« Reply #253 on: April 27, 2020, 08:07:08 pm »

Tenne$$ee recruiting with the big dogs....

jbcarol

« Reply #254 on: April 28, 2020, 10:39:34 am »

SEC Football News
@SECfootball
·
16m
Tennessee now has top 5 recruiting class following commitment of 4-star receiver Julian Nixon

Volunteers just picked up another commitment, this time from four-star Georgia receiver Julian Nixon.

The 6-foot-3, 230-pound Roswell, Ga., native is listed as a four-star prospect, the No. 42 receiver and the No. 238 overall prospect in the nation in the 2021...

Nixon just became the third Tennessee commit in as many days following pledges from five-star defender Dylan Brooks on Sunday and four-star defensive back Kamar Wilcoxson on Monday.

Tennessee now holds commitments from 13 prospects in the 2021 recruiting cycle and moves into the top 5.

Only Florida has recruiting class ranked higher than Tennessee in the SEC.

jbcarol

« Reply #255 on: April 28, 2020, 11:12:35 am »

Ryan Callahan
@RyanCallahan247
·
1h
BREAKING: Highly ranked WR @JulianNixon11 just announced that he has committed to #Tennessee, giving the #Vols their third highly ranked commitment in less than 48 hours (FREE) https://247sports.com/college/tennessee/Article/Tennessee-football-recruiting-Highly-ranked-WR-Julian-Nixon-commits-to-Vols-145964337

Julian Nixon hasn’t been back to Tennessee’s campus in more than a year.

6-foot-3, 230-pound Nixon said he picked the Vols over Ohio State and Georgia. He gave Tennessee its 13th known commitment for the 2021 class and its third in less than 48 hours.

“It’s Tennessee. It’s a good education — I’m trying to get my degree, of course — and they lost Jauan Jennings, so their size at receiver has gone down, and I feel like I have a good opportunity to go in as a freshman and play.

“It was, like, every day, nonstop texts,” Nixon said. “It was cool. They were relatable. Tee Martin is a legend in Tennessee, so I’ll play for a legend, get coached by a legend.”

He said it also didn’t hurt that his father, Reginald Nixon, and Pruitt “are close” because they played together at Middle Tennessee in 1994.

jbcarol

« Reply #256 on: April 30, 2020, 02:09:51 pm »

SEC Football News
@SECfootball
·
54m
Tennessee’s recruiting momentum continues as Vols land commitment from No. 1 JUCO running back Tiyon Evans

Hutchinson Community College standout Tiyon Evans announced his pledge to join Jeremy Pruitt’s program on Thursday. Evans is the fourth commitment the Tennessee program has landed since Sunday. Tennessee’s class now contains 14 prospects and ranks as the No. 5 class...

5-foot-9, 225-pound South Carolina native is rated as a three-star prospect, the No. 1 junior college running back and No. 3 overall junior college prospect...

jbcarol

« Reply #257 on: April 30, 2020, 02:12:59 pm »

Ryan Callahan@RyanCallahan247
·
1h
Top junior-college RB @darealballer_15 goes in-depth with @GoVols247 on his decision to commit to #Tennessee and why he picked the #Vols over home-state school South Carolina: (FREE) https://247sports.com/college/tennessee/Article/Tennessee-football-recruiting-Top-junior-college-RB-Tiyon-Evans-commits-to-Vols-146643956

5-foot-10.5, 215-pound Evans gave Tennessee its 14th commitment for the 2021 class and its fourth within the past five days, continuing the Vols’ recent hot streak in recruiting and further addressing a position where they’re preparing to lose three seniors after the 2020 season.

He said he has been impressed by “just the amount of attention” Tennessee coach Jeremy Pruitt’s staff has been showing him and “the amount of effort they’re putting in to show me that Tennessee is a good place.” Evans said he has been “hearing from them a lot — really, every day” —

jbcarol

« Reply #258 on: April 30, 2020, 02:29:32 pm »

Patrick Brown@pbrown247
 · 3m
Full coverage of the #Vols landing 5-star LB Terrence Lewis now at @GoVols247:

"It’s going to be something special in Knoxville.” 🆓➡️ https://247sports.com/college/tennessee/Article/Tennessee-football-recruiting-Five-star-LB-Terrence-Lewis-commits-to-Vols-continues-Tennessees-tear-146634946/

Analysis: Tennessee getting 'complete linebacker.' 🔥➡️ https://247sports.com/college/tennessee/Article/Tennessee-Vols-Football-Recruiting-Terrence-Lewis-Analysis-146635299/ (VIP)

Pod 🔊➡️ https://247sports.com/college/tennessee/Article/GoVols247-Podcast-Five-star-Florida-LB-Terrence-Lewis-commits-to-Tennessee-Vols-Football-146643717

Wes Rucker
@wesrucker247
·
8m
Not sure I’ve *ever* seen Tennessee have a recruiting week like this.

This is just ridiculous.

SeldomHere

« Reply #259 on: April 30, 2020, 04:47:19 pm »

Patrick Brown@pbrown247
 · 3m
Full coverage of the #Vols landing 5-star LB Terrence Lewis now at @GoVols247:

"It’s going to be something special in Knoxville.” 🆓➡️ https://247sports.com/college/tennessee/Article/Tennessee-football-recruiting-Five-star-LB-Terrence-Lewis-commits-to-Vols-continues-Tennessees-tear-146634946/

Analysis: Tennessee getting 'complete linebacker.' 🔥➡️ https://247sports.com/college/tennessee/Article/Tennessee-Vols-Football-Recruiting-Terrence-Lewis-Analysis-146635299/ (VIP)

Pod 🔊➡️ https://247sports.com/college/tennessee/Article/GoVols247-Podcast-Five-star-Florida-LB-Terrence-Lewis-commits-to-Tennessee-Vols-Football-146643717

Wes Rucker
@wesrucker247
·
8m
Not sure I’ve *ever* seen Tennessee have a recruiting week like this.

This is just ridiculous.

Tenne$$ee recruiting with the big dogs....

I believe that likeness has hit....

Piggyback78

• Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #260 on: April 30, 2020, 05:32:53 pm »

I believe that likeness has hit....

This is how championship teams are built in modern times. Theres a bid on the top players and you see who wants to win the most.

jbcarol

« Reply #261 on: May 01, 2020, 09:50:55 am »

Sooners’ comeback win over Tennessee in 2015

Will Johnson’s a former Sooner defensive back that now works as a defensive graduate assistant under Lincoln Riley... above are two tweets from the Oklahoma staffer

Tennessee is scheduled to travel to Oklahoma on Saturday, Sept. 12.

Official
Georgia Football✔@GeorgiaFootball
Check out all the 💥FIREWORKS💥 from our third consecutive win over Tennessee‼️#GoDawgs #ATD

jbcarol

« Reply #262 on: May 01, 2020, 02:27:39 pm »

AL.com sports
@aldotcomSports
·
25m
Jeremy Pruitt, Tennessee creating buzz with big recruiting week

It’s been a massive recruiting week for Jeremy Pruitt and the Vols, who are creating a lot of buzz in the college football world with their work during these past several days.

Five-star Florida linebacker Terrence Lewis became Tennessee’s fifth commit in as many days on Thursday, part of a five-day run during which the Vols stole five-star edge rusher Dylan Brooks out of Alabama and then landed a four-star safety (Kamar Wilcoxson), a four-star wide receiver (Julian Nixon), the nation’s top junior college running back (Tiyon Evans) and now the team’s highest-ranked defensive recruit since Eric Berry in 2007.

“With guys like Julian Nixon and Kamar Wilcoxson, they’ve landed players that they can compete in the SEC with, but with the addition of Dylan Brooks and Terrence Lewis, you’re getting guys that you can not just compete in the SEC but win the SEC with,” 247Sports director of scouting Barton Simmons said. “That’s a tier of recruit that’s typically reserved for Alabama and LSU and Georgia. And I think if Tennessee starts to wade into that pool regularly, then that’s a game-changer. Obviously you need a class with depth and elite top-end talent like that. And that’s a heck of a start for this 2021 cycle.”

Tennessee has finished seventh or worse in the SEC in the 247 Composite recruiting rankings every year since 2015.

That streak will likely be ending in the near future...

Five-star offensive lineman Amarius Mims:

〽️ I 〽️ S
@amarius_mims
·
MY GOD TENNESSEE WHAT YALL GOT GOING ON😂

jbcarol

« Reply #263 on: May 02, 2020, 07:29:33 pm »

SEC Football News
@SECfootball
·
1m
Jeremy Pruitt credits Tennessee players for Vols having SEC’s No. 1 recruiting class

A big week on the recruiting trail boosted Tennessee’s 2021 class to No. 1 in the SEC and No. 3 nationally.

“No, I don’t think age has anything to do with recruiting,” Pruitt said. “I think having a good plan, working together, doing a nice job in the evaluating process.

“We’ve obviously had some unusual circumstances over the last four to six weeks here, and I feel like we’ve had a good plan with it and our guys have done a nice job building relationships. And we’ve got to continue to do that.

“I believe it goes back to our players and the guys that they help recruit,” the third-year head coach said. “The guys we have on our team right now, they want to be the best that they can possibly be, and they work hard at it. They work hard in the classroom. They work hard on the field, in the weight room, and they do in recruiting.

“They know who they want to play beside, and the better players you have on the team, the better opportunity you have as a team and as an individual. So these guys are bought into that, and they’re working hard to help recruit the best student-athletes to Tennessee.”

jbcarol

« Reply #264 on: May 03, 2020, 07:57:23 pm »

· 4h
BREAKING: #Tennessee stays hot by landing Top247 RB @_codywbrown, another of the #Vols’ top targets (FREE) https://247sports.com/college/tennessee/Article/Tennessee-football-recruiting-Cody-Brown-commits-to-Vols-continues-Tennessees-banner-week-146705581

6-foot, 227-pound Brown gave the Vols their 17th commitment for the 2021 class, their seventh highly ranked addition in a little more than a week and their second in a little more than an hour. Defensive back De'Shawn Rucker of Tallahassee, Fla., also committed to Tennessee on Sunday afternoon.

jbcarol

« Reply #265 on: May 03, 2020, 08:05:58 pm »

·
5h
BREAKING: Florida DB @d_rucker22 has committed to #Tennessee, continuing the #Vols’ recent hot streak in recruiting (FREE) https://247sports.com/college/tennessee/Article/Tennessee-football-recruiting-DeShawn-Rucker-commits-to-Vols-adds-to-UTs-recent-run-146717930/

Class of 2021 defensive back from Amos P. Godby High School in Tallahassee, Fla., announced Sunday afternoon that he has committed to Tennessee, choosing the Vols over Clemson and Florida State, along with offers from nearly 20 other schools.

He’s ranked by 247Sports as the No. 22 safety in the 2021 class. Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, Florida, Florida State, Miami, Ole Miss and South Carolina are among the other schools that have extended offers to him.

SeldomHere

« Reply #266 on: May 04, 2020, 09:41:57 am »

·
5h
BREAKING: Florida DB @d_rucker22 has committed to #Tennessee, continuing the #Vols’ recent hot streak in recruiting (FREE) https://247sports.com/college/tennessee/Article/Tennessee-football-recruiting-DeShawn-Rucker-commits-to-Vols-adds-to-UTs-recent-run-146717930/

This smells of Ole Miss.....

Hmmm

I wonder who came back.....

Piggyback78

• Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #267 on: May 04, 2020, 12:46:09 pm »

This smells of Ole Miss.....

Hmmm

I wonder who came back.....

There's a bidding war between certain schools for the best players. This is happening and their doing right in everyone's face lol. People are sheep thinking recruiting is honest at Alabama, LSU, Auburn, Clemson etc etc etc.. i don't know why anyone watches fixed college sports anymore.

SeldomHere

« Reply #268 on: May 04, 2020, 01:49:40 pm »

There's a bidding war between certain schools for the best players. This is happening and their doing right in everyone's face lol. People are sheep thinking recruiting is honest at Alabama, LSU, Auburn, Clemson etc etc etc.. i don't know why anyone watches fixed college sports anymore.

Yep, but who came back...about as dirty as one can get and two-faced. It hurt in a Major way and may have raised a Tide.

What sports do you watch now?

ALLVOL

« Reply #269 on: May 04, 2020, 06:24:25 pm »

Yep, but who came back...about as dirty as one can get and two-faced. It hurt in a Major way and may have raised a Tide.

What sports do you watch now?
A great man, coach and now AD. Coach Fulmer is the man. LOL

SeldomHere

« Reply #270 on: May 04, 2020, 07:13:26 pm »

A great man, coach and now AD. Coach Fulmer is the man. LOL

He bringing them back.....LOL.

It's all good fun.

Hope you are doing well.

ALLVOL

« Reply #271 on: May 04, 2020, 09:52:12 pm »

He bringing them back.....LOL.

It's all good fun.

Hope you are doing well.
Doing well. Just decided to go offline while in quarantine. No internet or news at all for over a month. I have to say, it was hard at first but my mind needed the break.
Hope all my HV friends are well.

jbcarol

« Reply #272 on: May 04, 2020, 10:56:46 pm »

SEC Football News
@SECfootball
·
6h
Tennessee now has nation’s No. 2 recruiting class following commitment of massive North Carolina lineman Colby Smith

There doesn’t appear to be any stopping the momentum Tennessee has gained on the recruiting trail in recent days as the Volunteers now have the nation’s No. 2-ranked recruiting class following yet another commitment to join Jeremy Pruitt’s program on Rocky Top.

Tennessee just landed its eighth commitment in as many days as North Carolina native Colby Smith announced his commitment to the Vols on Monday. Smith’s pledge pushes Tennessee passed (sic) North Carolina in the recruiting rankings leaving only Ohio State...

6-foot-7, 295-pound Rockingham County High School product is rated as a three-star recruit, the No. 32 offensive tackle in the nation and a top 375 overall prospect in the 2021

jbcarol

« Reply #273 on: May 04, 2020, 11:01:07 pm »

SEC Football News
@SECfootball
·
6h
Tennessee staffer calls out Oklahoma staffer after Vols land another talented commitment

Oklahoma graduate assistant Will Johnson made waves in the Tennessee community when he seemed to subtweet the Vols about their hot recruiting week.

His message read “Don’t fall for the hype … it’s not real.” The Vols are set to head to Oklahoma for a game this year ...

After the Vols landed yet another talented recruit, Rachel Bell — Tennessee’s assistant director of recruiting — clapped back at Johnson via her own Twitter account:

jbcarol

« Reply #274 on: May 04, 2020, 11:22:08 pm »

·
BREAKING: Top247 OT @BiGShoW1212 has committed to #Tennessee, giving the #Vols their eighth commitment in the past nine days.

Smith goes in-depth on his decision with @247Sports and @GoVols247: (FREE) https://247sports.com/college/tennessee/Article/Tennessee-football-recruiting-Colby-Smith-commits-to-Vols-extends-UTs-hot-streak-146795929/

Wes Rucker
@wesrucker247
·
Now it might be time for another edition of Other Programs Subtweet Cropdusting Tennessee.

A fun game.

jbcarol

« Reply #275 on: May 05, 2020, 06:23:23 pm »

Dawg Nation’s Mike Griffith is one of those saying “bah humbug” on Tennessee’s recent success

Paul Finebaum

@finebaum

“[Tennessee] is still signing the same caliber of player as last year, they just got them committed earlier ... Right now, it’s just good momentum and a lot of positive publicity.”

- @MikeGriffith32 isn’t buying the UT recruiting hype.

5:56 PM - May 5, 2020

Vols currently have 18 commitments, with 2 5-star players and 4 4-star athletes. Georgia, meanwhile, has the nation’s No. 17 class, with 7 players.

Responder claims that Griffith "lost all credibility" when he "supported Butch [Jones] and his behavior to the bitter end" when he covered the Vols for GoVolsXtra.

jbcarol

« Reply #276 on: May 05, 2020, 11:04:54 pm »

SEC Football News
@SECfootball
·
4h
Paul Finebaum praises Jeremy Pruitt’s recruiting at Tennessee: It ‘has been the story of the spring’

Vols have rocketed up the recruiting rankings and now have the nation’s No. 2 class, behind only Ohio State

SeldomHere

« Reply #279 on: May 10, 2020, 08:11:36 pm »

When the AD say$ win no matter the co$t, I gue$$ he can back that up.

ALLVOL

« Reply #280 on: May 15, 2020, 07:34:54 am »

LOL

ALLVOL

« Reply #281 on: May 15, 2020, 07:35:42 am »

Always cracks me up that people always think other schools break rules but not theirs.

kaki

« Reply #282 on: May 15, 2020, 08:39:35 am »

Always cracks me up that people always think other schools break rules but not theirs.
Always cracks me up when other team's fans get upset on other boards.  Yes, people jump to often erroneous conclusions and react in less than objective ways, but if you are looking for validation on this or other opposing team boards, you are in the wrong place, especially if your team is Tennessee where a good portion of the fan base thinks football was invented there, they have a monopoly on the name "The Hill" and that anybody who runs through a letter at a football game owes homage to their Poweraide T.

jbcarol

« Reply #283 on: May 15, 2020, 04:44:24 pm »

Oop$, typo

SeldomHere

« Reply #284 on: May 15, 2020, 04:52:46 pm »

Your AD has a history, it is what it is.

However,

jbcarol

« Reply #286 on: May 16, 2020, 07:43:02 am »

Paul Finebaum✔@finebaum

4:29 PM - May 15, 2020
246 people are talking about this

Former Tennessee Vol great Peerless Price tells us he is high on coach Jeremy Pruitt. "I think once this 2021 (recruiting) class becomes juniors, we’ll be in the college football playoffs and competing for national titles."

Price was without peer in 1998. If the NIL rule had been in affect, no price could be put upon the value of his name, image, nor likeness.

ALLVOL

« Reply #287 on: May 16, 2020, 09:16:48 am »

Always cracks me up when other team's fans get upset on other boards.  Yes, people jump to often erroneous conclusions and react in less than objective ways, but if you are looking for validation on this or other opposing team boards, you are in the wrong place, especially if your team is Tennessee where a good portion of the fan base thinks football was invented there, they have a monopoly on the name "The Hill" and that anybody who runs through a letter at a football game owes homage to their Poweraide T.
LOL really? I've been coming to this ste for a very long time. And while a Vol first I too am a big Hog fan as many others on this site will attest. I've been to more Hog games than a lot of the keyboard fans on this very site.
So don't get your panties in wad Sally.

kaki

« Reply #288 on: May 18, 2020, 09:12:25 am »

Thanks for your loyal support and your concern for my panties (using your terminology). 

jbcarol

« Reply #289 on: May 18, 2020, 11:57:54 am »

SEC Football News
@SECfootball
·
51m
Vols add to SEC’s best recruiting class: Tennessee lands commitment from Georgia’s No. 2 tight end prospect Miles Campbell

22 commitments for the 2021 recruiting cycle after landing a pledge from the No. 2 tight end prospect from Georgia, Miles Campbell, South Paulding High

6-foot-3, 234-pound Campbell is rated as a three-star prospect, the No. 20 tight end and the No. 478 overall recruit in our county for the 2021

Campbell picked Tennessee over scholarship offers from Arkansas, Auburn, Florida State, Georgia Tech, Miami and Wisconsin, among others.

jbcarol

« Reply #290 on: May 18, 2020, 12:21:15 pm »

·
1h
BREAKING: TE @Miles3campbell just announced that he has committed to the #Vols, giving #Tennessee one of its top targets at the position.

Campbell goes in-depth on his decision with @GoVols247
: (FREE) https://247sports.com/college/tennessee/Article/Tennessee-football-recruiting-Miles-Campbell-commits-to-Vols-likes-everything-about-UT-147249733/

ALLVOL

« Reply #292 on: May 20, 2020, 10:49:41 pm »

Thanks for your loyal support and your concern for my panties (using your terminology). 
What can I say. I care.

jbcarol

« Reply #293 on: May 21, 2020, 08:23:19 am »

· 11h
BREAKING: Four-star Class of 2021 athlete @Kaemen_Marley has committed to the #Vols, giving #Tennessee its 13th commitment since April 26 (FREE) https://247sports.com/college/tennessee/Article/Tennessee-football-recruiting-Top247-athlete-Kaemen-Marley-commits-to-Vols-146979614

After getting a scholarship offer from Tennessee in early February, Kaemen Marley made plans to visit the Vols sometime this spring, and perhaps again in the summer. But he didn't get a chance to travel to Knoxville before the ongoing dead period for recruiting started in mid-March.

That didn't stop him from taking a closer look at Tennessee and ultimately picking the Vols.

Four-star Class of 2021 athlete from Eastern Randolph High School in Ramseur, N.C., announced Wednesday night that he has committed to the Vols, choosing Tennessee over North Carolina and Kentucky, along with offers from more than a dozen other schools.

The 6-foot-2, 206-pound Marley added to Tennessee's recent hot streak in recruiting, giving the Vols their 13th commitment since April 26 and their 23rd commitment overall for the 2021 class.

He's ranked the No. 146 overall prospect and No. 5 athlete in the 2021.

jbcarol

« Reply #294 on: May 21, 2020, 09:02:26 am »

SEC Football News
@SECfootball
·
6m
National recruiting analyst offers high praise for Kaemen Marley, Tennessee’s most recent commit

While Kaemen Marley may not be the highest-rated prospect committed to Jeremy Pruitt’s program, Tennessee may have just landed its best

“Vols just added arguably the best piece of their 2021 class so far in my opinion. Kid can do it all.”

-- Mike Farrell

jbcarol

« Reply #295 on: May 21, 2020, 10:06:37 am »

SEC Football News
@SECfootball
·
46m
Tennessee currently has the five highest-ranked recruiters in the SEC

Tennessee currently has the top five individual recruiters from the SEC.

Based on the site’s rankings, defensive coordinator Derrick Ansley is the SEC’s No. 1 recruiter for the 2021 recruiting cycle, running backs coach Jay Graham is No. 2, receivers coach Tee Martin is No. 3, tight ends coach Joe Osovet is No. 4 and inside linebackers coach Brian Niedermeyer is No.5.

Other SEC assistant coaches that round out the top 10 of the recruiter rankings for the 2021 cycle: No. 6 Kentucky tight end coach Vince Marrow, No. 7 Florida defensive line coach David Turner, No. 8 LSU defensive line coach Bill Johnson, No. 9 LSU receivers coach Mickey Joseph, and South Carolina special teams coordinator Kyle Krantz at No. 10.

jbcarol

« Reply #296 on: May 22, 2020, 11:02:08 am »

SEC Football News
@SECfootball
Vols recruiting machine rages on: Tennessee lands commitment from massive Alabama athlete Trinity Bell

Albertville High standout just announced his commitment to Jeremy Pruitt’s Tennessee program.

Bell becomes the 24th overall commitment for the Vols in the 2021 recruiting cycle for a class that ranks No. 2 nationally and No. 1 in the SEC.

6-foot-7, 260-pound Bell is rated as a three-star prospect, the No. 37 athlete in the country, the No. 20 prospect from Alabama and the No. 510 overall recruit in the 2021

Bell plays both sides of the ball for Albertville, rushing the passer at defensive end/outside linebacker on defense and catching passest (sic) at tight end/receiver

Trinity 🅱️
@OfficialTrinnn
·
33m
Committed 🤍 #Ttime 🌟

jbcarol

« Reply #297 on: May 22, 2020, 11:03:15 am »

Wes Rucker
@wesrucker247
·
29m
***New @GoVols247 Podcast***

Jumbo Alabama athlete Trinity Bell gives #Vols yet another commitment to the nation’s No. 2 class.

https://bit.ly/2XkhuLl

jbcarol

« Reply #298 on: May 22, 2020, 11:10:26 am »

SEC Football News
@SECfootball
·
3h
Meet Gus Duggerton, the new (fictitious) Tennessee coach who is all the rage on college football Twitter

Joe Burrow taught him how to play defense and how to read coverages with a can’t-miss play call. Patrick Mahomes was on board for his 1 season at Texas Tech and publicly lobbied for him to stay in Lubbock for another year. Brett McMurphy cited sources and broke the news of his coaching search. The Rose Bowl and Cotton Bowl celebrated his postseason victories. USC tweeted support for him during his time as the Trojans’ offensive coordinator and Baylor trolled him after he predicted a blowout and lost. Texas Tech thanked him for rebuilding the program and Tennessee hyped his arrival. Lane Kiffin gave him advice and Jeremy Pruitt welcomed him with open arms.

The “him” is Gus Duggerton, AKA Coach Duggs, and he’s the Vols’ new coach. Well, sort of...

Really happy to see @CoachDuggs leave Lubbock. Dude was becoming a problem for A&M and the rest of the state.

jbcarol

« Reply #299 on: June 04, 2020, 04:57:32 pm »

SEC Football News
@SECfootball
·
2m
Tennessee commit Nate Evans flips his pledge to NC State

A spot has just opened up on Tennessee’s bloated recruiting class as Virginia Beach native Nate Evans announced he has flipped his commitment to NC State.

Frank W. Cox High standout announced his decision on Thursday.

6-foot-1, 175-pound three-star defensive back originally committed to Tennessee back in November. Evans is the No. 58 cornerback prospect.

Tennessee now holds commitments from 23 pledges in the 2021.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas