• 10,951,407 Posts
• 425,591 Topics
• 24,869 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Notre Dame AD Jack Swarbrick wants the season delayed per ESPN  (Read 2948 times)

hogsanity

• Gold Hogvillian
  • You like my stripes, I know you do.
Re: Notre Dame AD Jack Swarbrick wants the season delayed per ESPN
« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2020, 04:19:50 pm »

ACC football schedule 2020: Notre Dame joins league for 11-game season with one nonconference contest

The ACC will play 10 conference games and one nonconference game as part of a truncated schedule

No word on ND's choice for non-conference scheduling in the ACC release.

according to some reports, SEC to play 10 game conf only schedule, so that would make the ND question moot for Hog fans.

1highhog

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • The Undefeated!
« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2020, 04:19:53 pm »

SEC Football News
@SECfootball
·
24m
Notre Dame AD Jack Swarbrick suggests college football trending toward delayed start

Notre Dame is still hoping for the best but ramping up its efforts in case a shift in gears is needed.

If I was him, I wouldn't want Pittman and staff to train anymore than what they've been able to with this young and hungry football team.  He might not like the end results.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Cotton

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • If she ain't foreign she borin'
« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2020, 04:20:40 pm »

according to some reports, SEC to play 10 game conf only schedule, so that would make the ND question moot for Hog fans.
At this point I'd be happy with just the SEC West.

Looks awful gloomy on the horizon.

hogsanity

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2020, 04:25:13 pm »

At this point I'd be happy with just the SEC West.

Looks awful gloomy on the horizon.

I am just conjecturing, but IF thats the case it will be somewhat geographical, which could be a bonus for the Hogs. Mizzu, A&M, Vandy, TN, LSu, Om ,MSU, KY, and still likely Bama and Aub. But I am just looking at is a scheduler. Why go conf only if you are still going to have teams going from Say Fay to Gainsville or Columbia SC to College Station.

hogsanity

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2020, 04:28:04 pm »

ACC also leaving wiggle room for games to be cancelled. ACCCG based on conf game win%, which is really not the way to do it if everyone plays 10 games.

jbcarol

jbcarol

« Reply #56 on: July 30, 2020, 12:45:44 pm »

ACC puts pressure on SEC, Paul Finebaum says, while Notre Dame AD calls it ’unusual circumstances’

SEC Network and ESPN analyst Paul Finebaum says move made conference look good.
al.com
1:29 PM · Jul 30, 2020·

Finebaum, who joined Lee Shirvanian and me on “The Opening Kickoff” on WNSP-FM 105.5, couldn’t say enough about the ACC’s plan for a ”10+1″ plan, which included adding Notre Dame to the mix.

“The headlines all over are very positive for the ACC,” Finebaum said Thursday morning. “Quite frankly, the SEC needs to make a move here.”

SEC presidents are scheduled to meet Thursday, though, it is not known when a plan for the upcoming football season will be announced.

10-game conference-only schedule, as Sports Illustrated reported Wednesday, has picked up momentum over the last 24 hours. That, coupled with the ACC’s decision to mandate the one non-conference game has to be played in the ACC’s state, has all eyes on the SEC.

“I have to give John Swofford of the ACC a gold star,” Finebaum said. “They really look like they got it together. That’s why I think there’s pressure moving toward Birmingham (where the SEC offices are) today in terms of what the SEC does.

“The ACC was very smart in what they did.”

Meanwhile, also on Thursday, Notre Dame athletic director Jack Swarbrick told ESPN the arrangement was the result of “unusual circumstances unrelated to Notre Dame’s long-term assessment of independence.”

Brett McMurphy@Brett_McMurphy
Georgia Tech-Notre Dame game has been moved on campus at Tech’s Bobby Dodd Stadium instead of Atlanta’s Mercedes-Benz Stadium. Smart decision by Tech & ACC
12:40 PM · Jul 30, 2020

“This is just an unprecedented and extraordinary year, and you recognize that going in,” Swarbrick told ESPN on Thursday morning. “Could we have constructed a schedule without this? Yes, but given the uncertainties that everybody faces, you couldn’t exactly be sure what you have. There was a greater level of control and certainty if we could do this with the ACC than if we had just constructed the schedule ourselves.”

ACC will eliminate its traditional divisional format this season and the two teams with the best winning percentages in conference play will meet in Charlotte, North Carolina, for the league championship game. Maybe a Clemson-Notre Dame rematch?

Notre Dame added BC, FSU, Cuse, and UNC
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas