Non Sports Forums > RazorVets

I'm Coming Home!

(1/2) > >>

welchog:
Sorry if this is the wrong place, but I wanted to reach the masses.

I’M COMING HOME!!!  After 26 years in the military that took me all over the globe, 5 years in college and 2 in HS in our northern border state, I am finally coming back to my sweet home…ARKANSAS!!!  And not just any town either…FAYETTEVILLE!!!   I have been a Hog fan since I was a young pup in the 70s.  I was born in Conway and grew up on the banks of the Mammoth Spring River.  My first attended Razorback game was watching our Hogs dismantle OU in the ’78 Orange Bowl.

My family and I should be settling in sometime in early February 2016.  If happiness were money, I’d be a zillionaire! 

:razorback: WPS!!! :razorback:

Lanny:
Good for you.  Welcome back

SultanofSwine:
Thank you for your service and welcome home

HAWG MAFIA:
Thank you for your service! Welcome home, WPS

grayhawg:
Welcome Home!!

BorderPatrol:
Welcome home!

bp

hoglady:
Happy for you!!
And thank you so much for your service to our great country.

PonderinHog:
to ?

Name that tune!

Welcome back, welchog!

Doug:
26 years? Holy... you're not my cousin, Chris, are ya? (he did 20+... and is now working for a private contractor... doing his old job... and making nearly 2x as much). DoD - Analyst type stuff. :)

Gratz on the 26 year career (rather unusual to hear of now).

Hog Fan from Camden:
Thanks for you service and welcome home!

gmarv:
after 26 years out in the wasteland welcome back to the promiseland.

Yamahog:

--- Quote from: hoglady on August 19, 2015, 07:18:27 am ---Happy for you!!
And thank you so much for your service to our great country.

--- End quote ---

That sums up my feelings perfectly.

jimmiewkersh:
Welcome back home.  I served as a minister for over 24 years and when I finally got the choice of where to land, I chose Home over the Smokies, Rockies and my second home East Texas.

SoCal Hog:
Welcome home.  :razorback:

goodguytex:
Welcome home Welch. No better place to call home than the Home of the Razorbacks. And thank you very much for your service and sacrifice for our country.

snoblind:
Welcome home!

thirrdegreetusker:
My dad did 20; I was born on an air base. The only drawback to settling in NWA was, under the rules/regs of that time, we could go on any military base, and get free medical for the whole family (parents, plus five sons).

But NWA got no military base, anywhere close. Fortunately, no sickly kids, so we got through it.

pigture perfect:
Truly, there is no place like home.

Hawgey-Davidson:
Welcome home. Alot of changes up here in 26 years. Thanks for your service.

Rockinghog:
Thank You for your service and have a great retirement!!!

EastexHawg:

--- Quote from: welchog on August 19, 2015, 06:58:20 am ---Sorry if this is the wrong place, but I wanted to reach the masses.

I’M COMING HOME!!!  After 26 years in the military that took me all over the globe, 5 years in college and 2 in HS in our northern border state, I am finally coming back to my sweet home…ARKANSAS!!!  And not just any town either…FAYETTEVILLE!!!   I have been a Hog fan since I was a young pup in the 70s.  I was born in Conway and grew up on the banks of the Mammoth Spring River.  My first attended Razorback game was watching our Hogs dismantle OU in the ’78 Orange Bowl.

My family and I should be settling in sometime in early February 2016.  If happiness were money, I’d be a zillionaire! 

--- End quote ---

Welcome back and thanks for your service.  I know we've been on at least two Hog boards together over the years, maybe three. 

wholehog92:
Welcome back.  You may not recognize northwest AR if you have been away 26 years.

flynhog:
Welcome home!  Nothing better than coming home or retiring from the service.  Two reasons to be proud!  WPS!

welchog:

--- Quote from: EastexHawg on August 19, 2015, 09:56:59 am ---Welcome back and thanks for your service.  I know we've been on at least two Hog boards together over the years, maybe three. 

--- End quote ---

Yeah I remember you.  Been a long time.  Seems like you were in the service as well?  Marine?

MrsThree:

--- Quote from: welchog on August 19, 2015, 06:58:20 am ---Sorry if this is the wrong place, but I wanted to reach the masses.

--- End quote ---

WELCOME HOME!

JIMMY BOARFFETT:
Welcome home. 

BPsTheMan:

--- End quote ---

that's awesome man!
 :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson:
Congrats! I'm envious. Appreciate your service!

DeltaBoy:
Thanks for your service and Welcome Home.

acey33:
Thank You for your Service and WPS!!!

OS2 (SW) Razor Back:
Thank You for your service. Welcome back.

KlubhouseKonnected:

--- End quote ---

Congratulations, welcome home and thank you for your service to our nation.

OLDHOG:
Welcome home and bless you for your service.

OLDHOG:

--- Quote from: GirlHog on August 19, 2015, 01:51:05 pm ---I'm jealous....married a Louisiana guy, he's an only child, his mother lives in Louisiana....you know where this is going....BUT, congrats on your move home!

--- End quote ---
You could always divorce him and move back home, well maybe not.

HOGGISHABOUTAR:
Congrats! and I am very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very JEALOUS.

GolfnHog:
Welcome home Welch and thank you for you and your family's service to all of us. Still have the awesome cutting board your Dad made for me and it's used about every day.

Hawgzinbowlz:

Thanks for your service.

Fayetteville is a nice landing location.

" GO HOGS "

EastexHawg:

--- Quote from: welchog on August 19, 2015, 10:26:30 am ---Yeah I remember you.  Been a long time.  Seems like you were in the service as well?  Marine?

--- End quote ---

Oh, no!  Were you on the old HogBoard run by Angie?  If so, you're not mistaking me for the Marine on there, are you?

We've all heard of the Greatest Generation.  I was born into the Luckiest Generation.  Vietnam was already over by the time I turned 18 and registered for the draft and I was in my 30s by the time Desert Storm started.  I've never served.   

welchog:

--- Quote from: EastexHawg on August 19, 2015, 02:48:48 pm ---Oh, no!  Were you on the old HogBoard run by Angie?  If so, you're not mistaking me for the Marine on there, are you?

We've all heard of the Greatest Generation.  I was born into the Luckiest Generation.  Vietnam was already over by the time I turned 18 and registered for the draft and I was in my 30s by the time Desert Storm started.  I've never served.   

--- End quote ---

Yeah, my mistake.  It was the Hogboard and I did confuse you with the Marine.  Sorry for that.  Wonder whatever happened to Angie (and the board)?

welchog:

--- Quote from: GolfnHog on August 19, 2015, 02:38:00 pm ---Welcome home Welch and thank you for you and your family's service to all of us. Still have the awesome cutting board your Dad made for me and it's used about every day.

--- End quote ---

And thank you for treating them to the game.  I still wear the shirt and hats on occasion.

thirrdegreetusker:

--- Quote from: EastexHawg on August 19, 2015, 02:48:48 pm ---  I was born into the Luckiest Generation. 
--- End quote ---

My birth year was the last one they drafted from. My draft number was 318 out of 366 (leap year).

casken:

--- Quote from: SultanofSwine on August 19, 2015, 07:03:23 am ---Thank you for your service and welcome home

--- End quote ---

ditto

AirForceHog:
I can't wait for this day! only about a year to go.

Dirty:
Welcome home!

hoghevn:
 Thank you for your service and welcome home!!

(notOM)Rebel123:
Congratulations! First & foremost, thank you for your service to our country.
Secondly, the "banks of the Mammoth Spring River"? Would that be the northern stretch in Fulton County bordering Thayer, Mo or down near Hardy in Sharp County? Very, very familiar with those old stomping grounds.
Welcome home!

JIHawg:

--- End quote ---

Congratulations!  Sounds wonderful!

reddogjcss:
Welcome home and thank you for your service

flagstaffhog:
From  one Vet to another, well done, and welcome home.

Go HOGS Go!

welchog:

--- Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on August 19, 2015, 08:48:36 pm ---Congratulations! First & foremost, thank you for your service to our country.
Secondly, the "banks of the Mammoth Spring River"? Would that be the northern stretch in Fulton County bordering Thayer, Mo or down near Hardy in Sharp County? Very, very familiar with those old stomping grounds.
Welcome home!

--- End quote ---
Yes, I grew up in the town of Mammoth Spring.  My Dad was born and raised in Ash Flat.  His brother still lives there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View