General Sports Discussion > NBA Board

I love tonight and tomorrow NBA DRAFT

Pages: (1/2) > >>

husker71:

I like the trades, the rumors of trades and the actual draft.   This 2nd pick by the Lakers as I have said is key to the night.  I am not a Laker fan at all anymore but think they can do some rebuilding in a hurry.  I think they will take Okafor with #2  but what if they could also sign Aldridge or Love and then trade Randle for a PG  Why bring Kobe back??  Pay him and pay the penalty and then I think more free agents would be attracted to the Lakers 

Lando Calrissian:

Careful.  We have a lot of old codger posters on here that still despise the NBA because of the Marbury years.

ErieHog:


--- Quote from: husker71 on June 24, 2015, 09:38:36 pm ---I like the trades, the rumors of trades and the actual draft.   This 2nd pick by the Lakers as I have said is key to the night.  I am not a Laker fan at all anymore but think they can do some rebuilding in a hurry.  I think they will take Okafor with #2  but what if they could also sign Aldridge or Love and then trade Randle for a PG  Why bring Kobe back??  Pay him and pay the penalty and then I think more free agents would be attracted to the Lakers 

--- End quote ---

Keep in mind, because they have already traded their 2016 1st rounder, league rules stipulate they will make the #2 pick themselves; they can't trade it before it is made.

Imminent Rueage:

The Lakers are trying to work that deal with Sacramento to get DeMarcus Cousins. I assume they would select Okafor at #2 and then trade him and other pieces to the Kings.

And as you said, it also looks like the Lakers are after LaMarcus Aldridge. Trying to rebuild in a hurry.

husker71:

the Lakers have to make the pick and announce it and then they can deal it as Erie said.  A front line of Okafor Aldridge and Randle sounds good but I think may clog up front some    I like Cousins Aldridge and hoping they can get Jimmy Butler in the backcourt and trade Randle for maybe a point guard  but that seems like a lot of things falling in place.  Erie your Wolves are set to take off and be a power pretty soon IMHO

Imminent Rueage:

Lakersground.net says the proposed deal would be Okafor, Randle, and Jordan Clarkson for Cousins. No word on if Sacramento would send their pick back. I would hope they would. That's a lot to give up.

Hawg Red:

There's no way the Lakers are going to get Cousins. I don't see any reason either team would do that trade, especially if this Aldridge stuff is true.

First, Sacramento would be crazy to trade Cousins for #2 (Okafor), Randle, and Clarkson. Crazy. Cousins, while temperamental, is a bonafide All-NBA player. He's not a 20-and-10 guy.....he's a 24-and-12 guy. And still improving and maturing. Okafor has some pretty big flaws and hasn't played in the NBA yet. Randle's almost in the same boat. Clarkson put up some good numbers on a bad Lakers team.

Second, if you're the Lakers, why give up what little attractive assets you have when he could sign Aldridge outright? Again, I'm assuming this Aldridge stuff is legit. I think you gotta stick with #2 and take Okafor, pair him with Aldridge, and look to trade Randle (think he's a horrible fit next to Okafor anyway). Ty Lawson is on the market. Not sure how the Denver front office views Randle, but maybe you could make that trade if you're the Lakers and you're looking at a starting lineup for Lawson and Bryant in the backcourt and Aldridge and Okafor up front. Plug someone in there on the wing (maybe Clarkson, maybe Nick Young, maybe a FA signing). Much better foundation that giving up everything but Kobe for Cousins, as good as Cousins is.

Sacramento's a mess. An absolute mess. But they need to find a way to make it work out with Cousins. Talent like that is hard to come by. Maybe they need to can George Karl to make that happen. I don't know who takes that job, though. But if I'm the owner of the Kings, and you're telling me George Karl is trying to run Cousins out of town, I'm looking for a new coach. Period. George Karl isn't that good of a coach to be screwing something like that up.

Hawg Red:


--- Quote from: Imminent Rueage on June 25, 2015, 07:55:11 am ---Lakersground.net says the proposed deal would be Okafor, Randle, and Jordan Clarkson for Cousins. No word on if Sacramento would send their pick back. I would hope they would. That's a lot to give up.

--- End quote ---

Dude, no way. #2, Randle and Clarkson for Cousins AND #6??? I think Okafor, Randle and Clarkson isn't enough to give up for Cousins alone. I get the concern about Cousins' attitude, but seriously, he's 24 years old and a proven All-NBA big man. Okafor and Randle have proved nothing so far and jury's out on Clarkson. Hard to tell how good he really is. Someone had to put up numbers on that team.

husker71:

I would give up on Karl (and his what 45 games coaching the Kings) before I would give up on Cousins and his 5 coaches in 5 years.  Cousins was playing good for Malone until he got sick.  Cousins,Gay and if they could get Muliday at PG (can he drop to 6??) is a pretty nice trio to start with.  The problem again are   they are in the West   and that needed free agent will probably not sign with the Kings....    Are the Lakers thinking that Randle and Clarkson will be really good players??   What is the value of Rondo??  yesterday I saw teams interested in trading some good assets for him (Just rumors)

-Blu:


--- Quote from: Hawg Red on June 25, 2015, 08:03:58 am ---Dude, no way. #2, Randle and Clarkson for Cousins AND #6??? I think Okafor, Randle and Clarkson isn't enough to give up for Cousins alone. I get the concern about Cousins' attitude, but seriously, he's 24 years old and a proven All-NBA big man. Okafor and Randle have proved nothing so far and jury's out on Clarkson. Hard to tell how good he really is. Someone had to put up numbers on that team.

--- End quote ---

My buddy is a hardcore Lakers fan and he was telling me about that proposed trade yesterday, said he was reading it on a message board as well.  TBH it's not a bad trade for the Kings. Your never going to get full value for an All-Star that's just the way it is.  The goal when trading an all-star is usually to get picks and cap space.  I don't know the numbers on this trade I haven't looked, but getting 3 guys with all-star potential that's still under their rookie contract, sounds like a pretty sweet deal to me, I don't see them getting anything better than that for Cousins in the future.

And let's be honest the Kings aren't a playoff team right now with Cousins, he's had problems the entire time he's been in Sacramento, and from the looks of it things aren't going to change, matter of fact they are getting worse with George Karl, he doesn't want the guy there. If your not even going to be a playoff team, what's the point of holding on to him and keeping the drama going?  Cousins isn't going to get away with that stuff with the Lakers, Kobe isn't going to allow that, and Byron Scott isn't either.  It's a much better fit for him IMO, and gives the Kings a fresh start. 

Hawg Red:


--- Quote from: -Blu on June 25, 2015, 08:26:37 am ---My buddy is a hardcore Lakers fan and he was telling me about that proposed trade yesterday, said he was reading it on a message board as well.  TBH it's not a bad trade for the Kings. Your never going to get full value for an All-Star that's just the way it is.  The goal when trading an all-star is usually to get picks and cap space.  I don't know the numbers on this trade I haven't looked, but getting 3 guys with all-star potential that's still under their rookie contract, sounds like a pretty sweet deal to me, I don't see them getting anything better than that for Cousins in the future.

And let's be honest the Kings aren't a playoff team right now with Cousins, he's had problems the entire time he's been in Sacramento, and from the looks of it things aren't going to change, matter of fact they are getting worse with George Karl, he doesn't want the guy there. If your not even going to be a playoff team, what's the point of holding on to him and keeping the drama going?  Cousins isn't going to get away with that stuff with the Lakers, Kobe isn't going to allow that, and Byron Scott isn't either.  It's a much better fit for him IMO, and gives the Kings a fresh start.

--- End quote ---

The thing is, though, Cousins actually wants to be in Sacramento. There's absolutely no reason to trade him if that's the case. Get rid of literally everyone else if you want/need to, but don't trade an All-NBA big man that skilled that actually wants to play for your dysfunctional franchise. And I'm not going to entertain blaming all of Sacramento's problems on Cousins. He's not holding them back. Their ownership and front office are holding them back. They hired a coach in Mike Malone that really and truly got through to Cousins. Cousins liked Malone. Malone was good for him. And Cousins got sick last season and missed some time, the Kings naturally struggled, and they inexplicably fire Malone. Just dumb. Then they go hire a coach with one of the biggest egos ever in George Karl for a coach that really hasn't won anything in his career. It's not 1996 anymore. Gary Payton and Shawn Kemp aren't walking through that door for George Karl.

I don't think for one second that Jordan Clarkson has All-Star potential. I think he's in a bit of a Jeremy Lin-type situation here. He'll get exposed as a more ordinary player when the Lakers get better talent. He was scoring on that team because someone had to. He's a bench guy, most likely. Okafor and Randle could be All-Stars at some point but neither one of them really fit the direction the game is going in. Doesn't mean they can't be All-Stars, though, but I'm skeptical (mostly of Randle). Medical concerns caused Randle to fall on draft night last year and he ended up only playing 14 minutes last season, so that's a concern as well. Again, you know you have an elite player in Cousins and there doesn't appear to be much reason to trade him at 24 years old and him still improving. There are a lot reason why Sacramento is bad but Cousins isn't one of those reasons.

Hawg Red:


--- Quote from: husker71 on June 25, 2015, 08:23:37 am ---I would give up on Karl (and his what 45 games coaching the Kings) before I would give up on Cousins and his 5 coaches in 5 years.  Cousins was playing good for Malone until he got sick.  Cousins,Gay and if they could get Muliday at PG (can he drop to 6??) is a pretty nice trio to start with.  The problem again are   they are in the West   and that needed free agent will probably not sign with the Kings....    Are the Lakers thinking that Randle and Clarkson will be really good players??   What is the value of Rondo??  yesterday I saw teams interested in trading some good assets for him (Just rumors)

--- End quote ---

Mudiay can definitely fall to #6. Would be a great pickup for the Kings. Also, there are rumors that Rondo is actually interested in signing with the Kings for 1 year. Rondo, Karl, and Cousins together kinda scares me.

Sacramento, if they could get out of their own way, actually has a good foundation to become a playoff team. Cousins is elite. Rudy Gay has actually fit pretty well for him, either as a SF or a small-ball 4. Collison is a solid PG but probably better suited for a reserve role (Rondo and Mudiay make sense, again). McLemore, I don't think, is all that good of a player/prospect, but he's still young. Stauskas is much better than he showed last year. I think Hezonja and Mudiay are the two best options for the Kings at #6. Either one of those guys could be a star.

trashcan maN:

Mudiay will drop to 6.

KAT, Okafor, Russell and Porzingis are near locks for top 4 picks. Orlando has a 19 year old point guard they love and won't take Mudiay. Orlando is probably going to take Winslow or Hezonja.

SAC is going to get a gem at 6 if they keep the pick.

Also, it's already been reported that LAL aren't giving up Randle and #2 for Boogie. Clarkson's name got thrown in there because they involved Orlando in a possible 3 team deal that may have included Clarkson. Most NBA guys feel that this trade just isn't going to happen.

jry04:


--- Quote from: Hawg Red on June 25, 2015, 08:37:32 am ---The thing is, though, Cousins actually wants to be in Sacramento. There's absolutely no reason to trade him if that's the case. Get rid of literally everyone else if you want/need to, but don't trade an All-NBA big man that skilled that actually wants to play for your dysfunctional franchise. And I'm not going to entertain blaming all of Sacramento's problems on Cousins. He's not holding them back. Their ownership and front office are holding them back. They hired a coach in Mike Malone that really and truly got through to Cousins. Cousins liked Malone. Malone was good for him. And Cousins got sick last season and missed some time, the Kings naturally struggled, and they inexplicably fire Malone. Just dumb. Then they go hire a coach with one of the biggest egos ever in George Karl for a coach that really hasn't won anything in his career. It's not 1996 anymore. Gary Payton and Shawn Kemp aren't walking through that door for George Karl.

I don't think for one second that Jordan Clarkson has All-Star potential. I think he's in a bit of a Jeremy Lin-type situation here. He'll get exposed as a more ordinary player when the Lakers get better talent. He was scoring on that team because someone had to. He's a bench guy, most likely. Okafor and Randle could be All-Stars at some point but neither one of them really fit the direction the game is going in. Doesn't mean they can't be All-Stars, though, but I'm skeptical (mostly of Randle). Medical concerns caused Randle to fall on draft night last year and he ended up only playing 14 minutes last season, so that's a concern as well. Again, you know you have an elite player in Cousins and there doesn't appear to be much reason to trade him at 24 years old and him still improving. There are a lot reason why Sacramento is bad but Cousins isn't one of those reasons.

--- End quote ---
Cousins wanted to stay with their previous coach. All reports are saying Cousins asked to be traded a month ago.




Just read a report that Houston is going to make a strong push to deal Terrance Jones, and sign Aldridge and Love.

jry04:


--- Quote from: trashcan maN on June 25, 2015, 09:20:29 am ---Mudiay will drop to 6.

KAT, Okafor, Russell and Porzingis are near locks for top 4 picks. Orlando has a 19 year old point guard they love and won't take Mudiay. Orlando is probably going to take Winslow or Hezonja.

SAC is going to get a gem at 6 if they keep the pick.

Also, it's already been reported that LAL aren't giving up Randle and #2 for Boogie. Clarkson's name got thrown in there because they involved Orlando in a possible 3 team deal that may have included Clarkson. Most NBA guys feel that this trade just isn't going to happen.

--- End quote ---
Some are projecting the Knicks take Hezonja tonight. Supposedly it is between Hezonja, Cauley-Stein, and Winslow. Everything I have seen up until this point was Porzingis, but today people are reporting it is the three I just listed. I guess we will see, though. It will be interesting.

trashcan maN:


--- Quote from: jry04 on June 25, 2015, 09:24:17 am ---Some are projecting the Knicks take Hezonja tonight. Supposedly it is between Hezonja, Cauley-Stein, and Winslow. Everything I have seen up until this point was Porzingis, but today people are reporting it is the three I just listed. I guess we will see, though. It will be interesting.

--- End quote ---
Wow..As long as ORL stays away from WCS, I'll be happy.

k.c.hawg:

I just heard a former NBA scout that said he is hearing a lot of talk that San Antonio is working on a deal with Tim Duncan that will allow them to sign Aldridge and sign Leonard to a max deal and make that those two the nucleus of their team going forward. This should be a super interesting draft. It has all the appearance of being as fluid as an auction!

Hawg Red:


--- Quote from: jry04 on June 25, 2015, 09:22:10 am ---Cousins wanted to stay with their previous coach. All reports are saying Cousins asked to be traded a month ago.




Just read a report that Houston is going to make a strong push to deal Terrance Jones, and sign Aldridge and Love.

--- End quote ---

Sacramento beat writers say Cousins wants to be in Sacramento. I don't think that precludes him from asking for a trade. I can see him wanting to be in Sacramento but not wanting to play for a coach that is trying to get him traded. What a person wants and what is the best move are not always the same thing. That's why I said the Kings need to bring in someone who can gain Cousins' trust.

Hawg Red:


--- Quote from: k.c.hawg on June 25, 2015, 09:45:50 am ---I just heard a former NBA scout that said he is hearing a lot of talk that San Antonio is working on a deal with Tim Duncan that will allow them to sign Aldridge and sign Leonard to a max deal and make that those two the nucleus of their team going forward. This should be a super interesting draft. It has all the appearance of being as fluid as an auction!

--- End quote ---

A lot more has to happen for the Spurs to be able to make all that happen. It's unlikely to go down.

ErieHog:


--- Quote from: -Blu on June 25, 2015, 08:26:37 am ---My buddy is a hardcore Lakers fan and he was telling me about that proposed trade yesterday, said he was reading it on a message board as well.  TBH it's not a bad trade for the Kings. Your never going to get full value for an All-Star that's just the way it is.  The goal when trading an all-star is usually to get picks and cap space.  I don't know the numbers on this trade I haven't looked, but getting 3 guys with all-star potential that's still under their rookie contract, sounds like a pretty sweet deal to me, I don't see them getting anything better than that for Cousins in the future.

And let's be honest the Kings aren't a playoff team right now with Cousins, he's had problems the entire time he's been in Sacramento, and from the looks of it things aren't going to change, matter of fact they are getting worse with George Karl, he doesn't want the guy there. If your not even going to be a playoff team, what's the point of holding on to him and keeping the drama going?  Cousins isn't going to get away with that stuff with the Lakers, Kobe isn't going to allow that, and Byron Scott isn't either.  It's a much better fit for him IMO, and gives the Kings a fresh start. 

--- End quote ---


You may not get full value for Cousins, but you are  getting 50-75 cents on the dollar for him by taking that trade.   Keep in mind everything in the NBA is about context, and the Timberwolves just got  $1.50 on the dollar by trading Kevin Love for the top pick in the draft.   I wouldn't expect the Kings to sell Cousins that low, without a third party with more players or picks being involved.

Imminent Rueage:

Interesting. The Grizzlies trade for Luke Ridnour yesterday and turn around today and deal him to the Hornets for Matt Barnes.

Dr. Starcs:

Espns Marc Stein reporting that San Antonio is still the likely landing spot for Aldridge.

Please let this happen.

Imminent Rueage:


--- Quote from: Hawg Red on June 25, 2015, 08:03:58 am ---Dude, no way. #2, Randle and Clarkson for Cousins AND #6??? I think Okafor, Randle and Clarkson isn't enough to give up for Cousins alone. I get the concern about Cousins' attitude, but seriously, he's 24 years old and a proven All-NBA big man. Okafor and Randle have proved nothing so far and jury's out on Clarkson. Hard to tell how good he really is. Someone had to put up numbers on that team.

--- End quote ---

The Lakers are dealing from a position of strength in this case. Regardless of what you hear from Sacramento beat writers, it has been reported that Cousins demanded a trade a month ago. Everyone knows this now.

No team is going to give them anything close to Cousins' apparent worth. Karl wants him gone and he has demanded a trade. Similar to when Shaquille O'Neal demanded a trade from the Lakers. They got back Lamar Odom, Caron Butler and Brian Grant. Nothing close to O'Neal's value at that time.

If Sacramento doesn't like the deal, they can walk away from it and deal with a toxic clubhouse.

-Blu:


--- Quote from: ErieHog on June 25, 2015, 10:02:47 am ---
You may not get full value for Cousins, but you are  getting 50-75 cents on the dollar for him by taking that trade.   Keep in mind everything in the NBA is about context, and the Timberwolves just got  $1.50 on the dollar by trading Kevin Love for the top pick in the draft.   I wouldn't expect the Kings to sell Cousins that low, without a third party with more players or picks being involved.

--- End quote ---

I'm assuming more little pieces would be involved I doubt the trade would work at the current level we're talking (2nd Pick, Clarkson, Randle for Cousins and 6th)  I would imagine some expiring contracts and/or picks would also be coming to Sacramento to make it work.  I wish I could check on RealGM Trade Checker right now but they don't have it where you can factor in draft picks yet. 

And while your right about Sacramento not getting full value, they still come out pretty good looking into the future.  I'm not sure anyone is going to offer them much more than that, Cousins doesn't have the best reputation in the world, and he isn't attracting any high caliber free agents to come play with him, Rondo might come but that's a big IF, and I'm not sure even with Rondo and Cousins they are a playoff team in the west.  If I'm Sacramento I want young pieces and cap space, and I want to rebuild this year and take a shot at getting 1 more really good draft pick in 2016, then I can attract some free agents and hopefully one of my younger guys has developed.

Imminent Rueage:


--- Quote from: -Blu on June 25, 2015, 10:47:28 am ---I'm assuming more little pieces would be involved I doubt the trade would work at the current level we're talking (2nd Pick, Clarkson, Randle for Cousins and 6th)  I would imagine some expiring contracts and/or picks would also be coming to Sacramento to make it work.  I wish I could check on RealGM Trade Checker right now but they don't have it where you can factor in draft picks yet. 

And while your right about Sacramento not getting full value, they still come out pretty good looking into the future.  I'm not sure anyone is going to offer them much more than that, Cousins doesn't have the best reputation in the world, and he isn't attracting any high caliber free agents to come play with him, Rondo might come but that's a big IF, and I'm not sure even with Rondo and Cousins they are a playoff team in the west.  If I'm Sacramento I want young pieces and cap space, and I want to rebuild this year and take a shot at getting 1 more really good draft pick in 2016, then I can attract some free agents and hopefully one of my younger guys has developed.

--- End quote ---

They might try to somehow include Brendan Haywood's contract from the Cavaliers. That's $10.5 million in cap space if you waive him by August 2.

Hawg Red:


--- Quote from: Imminent Rueage on June 25, 2015, 10:46:45 am ---The Lakers are dealing from a position of strength in this case. Regardless of what you hear from Sacramento beat writers, it has been reported that Cousins demanded a trade a month ago. Everyone knows this now.
--- End quote ---

That doesn't mean he doesn't want to be in Sacramento, though. Fire Karl and solve the problem.


--- Quote from: Imminent Rueage on June 25, 2015, 10:46:45 am ---No team is going to give them anything close to Cousins' apparent worth. Karl wants him gone and he has demanded a trade. Similar to when Shaquille O'Neal demanded a trade from the Lakers. They got back Lamar Odom, Caron Butler and Brian Grant. Nothing close to O'Neal's value at that time.

If Sacramento doesn't like the deal, they can walk away from it and deal with a toxic clubhouse.

--- End quote ---

You mean Sacramento might be faced with a toxic clubhouse???? Welcome to the last 5 years. Nothing new there.

Hawg Red:


--- Quote from: Dr. Starcs on June 25, 2015, 10:40:01 am ---Espns Marc Stein reporting that San Antonio is still the likely landing spot for Aldridge.

Please let this happen.

--- End quote ---

Except San Antonio would have to clear room for him. LA can straight up sign him. Advantage Lakers.

jry04:


--- Quote from: Hawg Red on June 25, 2015, 10:59:30 am ---Except San Antonio would have to clear room for him. LA can straight up sign him. Advantage Lakers.

--- End quote ---
Probably, but teams will do what they need to do, within reason, to sign a talent like Aldridge. Everything I have read from respectable NBA sources says LAL is climbing up the list, but the Spurs are the clear favorites. Supposedly his list is Spurs as his favorite, with Mavs, LAL, Cleveland, and Houston all in the race, too. Cleveland being the biggest long shot.

Hawg Red:


--- Quote from: -Blu on June 25, 2015, 10:47:28 am ---I'm assuming more little pieces would be involved I doubt the trade would work at the current level we're talking (2nd Pick, Clarkson, Randle for Cousins and 6th) I would imagine some expiring contracts and/or picks would also be coming to Sacramento to make it work.  I wish I could check on RealGM Trade Checker right now but they don't have it where you can factor in draft picks yet. 

And while your right about Sacramento not getting full value, they still come out pretty good looking into the future.  I'm not sure anyone is going to offer them much more than that, Cousins doesn't have the best reputation in the world, and he isn't attracting any high caliber free agents to come play with him, Rondo might come but that's a big IF, and I'm not sure even with Rondo and Cousins they are a playoff team in the west.  If I'm Sacramento I want young pieces and cap space, and I want to rebuild this year and take a shot at getting 1 more really good draft pick in 2016, then I can attract some free agents and hopefully one of my younger guys has developed.

--- End quote ---

The 6th pick has never been in the discussion. That would be ridiculously one-sided trade.

Also, what good does cap space really do Sacramento? Not a hot free agent destination. I just don't see a smart plan that doesn't involved building around Cousins.

Imminent Rueage:


--- Quote from: Hawg Red on June 25, 2015, 10:57:56 am ---That doesn't mean he doesn't want to be in Sacramento, though. Fire Karl and solve the problem.

You mean Sacramento might be faced with a toxic clubhouse???? Welcome to the last 5 years. Nothing new there.

--- End quote ---

Didn't they bring Karl in to change the atmosphere in their locker room? He's supposed to command the type of respect that most coaches couldn't. If they're hell bent on keeping Karl then they pretty much have to get rid of Cousins.

Vlade walked into a hornets nest but I guess he knew that when he took the job.

Hawg Red:


--- Quote from: jry04 on June 25, 2015, 11:03:51 am ---Probably, but teams will do what they need to do, within reason, to sign a talent like Aldridge. Everything I have read from respectable NBA sources says LAL is climbing up the list, but the Spurs are the clear favorites. Supposedly his list is Spurs as his favorite, with Mavs, LAL, Cleveland, and Houston all in the race, too. Cleveland being the biggest long shot.

--- End quote ---

Someone would have to agree to take on Tiago Splitter without San Antonio getting any salary back. Gonna be quite tricky. San Antonio would most likely need Aldridge to take a huge paycut. When the rubber meets the road, LMA will either stay in Portland or sign with someone who can sign him for the most money possible outside of Portland outright. Maybe Portland does a sign-and-trade to get something back (but not much), but that takes it from a 4-year to a 5-year deal for Aldridge. And that's if he wants a long-term deal right. He might take a 1-year deal and then get a long-term deal with the cap goes up next summer. Haven't heard that as an option, though.

Hawg Red:


--- Quote from: Imminent Rueage on June 25, 2015, 11:07:22 am ---Didn't they bring Karl in to change the atmosphere in their locker room? He's supposed to command the type of respect that most coaches couldn't. If they're hell bent on keeping Karl then they pretty much have to get rid of Cousins.

Vlade walked into a hornets nest but I guess he knew that when he took the job.

--- End quote ---

If they brought George Karl in for that reason, there's no helping that franchise. Karl is notorious for alienating star players.



http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2015-06-25/demarcus-cousins-trade-rumor-sacramento-kings-george-karl-lakers-vivek-ranadive

Hawg Red:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2015-06-25/demarcus-cousins-stay-with-kings-lakers-trade-rumors

Cousins himself confirms he wants to be in Sacramento.



TheRazorbackGuy:


--- Quote from: Hawg Red on June 25, 2015, 11:18:57 am ---http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2015-06-25/demarcus-cousins-stay-with-kings-lakers-trade-rumors

Cousins himself confirms he wants to be in Sacramento.



--- End quote ---

HawgRed, what's your opinion on Super Mario?


Hawg Red:


--- Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on June 25, 2015, 11:30:24 am ---HawgRed, what's your opinion on Super Mario?

--- End quote ---

I'm a fan. Has star potential. Risky personality but he's could be the best wing in the draft.

Imminent Rueage:


--- Quote from: Hawg Red on June 25, 2015, 11:18:57 am ---http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2015-06-25/demarcus-cousins-stay-with-kings-lakers-trade-rumors

Cousins himself confirms he wants to be in Sacramento.



--- End quote ---

He requested a trade.

And if you ask George Karl, he'll say he wants Cousins there, even though he's asked management to trade Cousins. If you ask Vlade Divac, he'll say they have no plans to trade Cousins. Meanwhile, reports are saying the Lakers and Kings are discussing a framework for a deal.

Hawg Red:

I'm interested, then, to know your qualifications for who should be believed. No one made Cousins say that. He chose to say that he "absolutely" wants to be in Sacramento. Like I said, that doesn't mean he can't ask for a trade. Sometimes people have to do things all the time that they don't want to do. I just think there is the misconception that he doesn't want to play for the Kings when he just doesn't want to play for George Karl. There's a distinction.

Hawg Red:

Early calculation is that it would cost the Kings 9.5 million dollars to fire Karl right now.

What a cluster.

Imminent Rueage:


--- Quote from: Hawg Red on June 25, 2015, 12:46:37 pm ---I'm interested, then, to know your qualifications for who should be believed. No one made Cousins say that. He chose to say that he "absolutely" wants to be in Sacramento. Like I said, that doesn't mean he can't ask for a trade. Sometimes people have to do things all the time that they don't want to do. I just think there is the misconception that he doesn't want to play for the Kings when he just doesn't want to play for George Karl. There's a distinction.

--- End quote ---

You've been around long enough to know that just because someone tweets it or posts it, it doesn't make it true.

Hell, people can vehemently deny something on TV one day and then turn around and do it the next. Remember Nick Saban getting pissed and denying he had any interest in the Alabama job?


Imminent Rueage:

I would imagine that Demarcus Cousins also doesn't want to rile up the Sacramento fanbase, either. Can you imagine what people would be saying if he had responded, "Hell yeah, I want out of Sacramento"?

He'd be roasting on a spit.

ErieHog:


--- Quote from: Imminent Rueage on June 25, 2015, 02:02:44 pm ---I would imagine that Demarcus Cousins also doesn't want to rile up the Sacramento fanbase, either. Can you imagine what people would be saying if he had responded, "Hell yeah, I want out of Sacramento"?

He'd be roasting on a spit.

--- End quote ---


Absolutely nothing.   The few Sacramento fans that exist, realize DeMarcus is the only thing that franchise has going for them-- and given the absolute crapfest that the Kings have consistently put around him,  they would never give him the LeBron treatment--   they'd be wishing that he'd take all the nightmarish past of the Kings with him.

Hawg Red:


--- Quote from: Imminent Rueage on June 25, 2015, 01:58:42 pm ---You've been around long enough to know that just because someone tweets it or posts it, it doesn't make it true.

Hell, people can vehemently deny something on TV one day and then turn around and do it the next. Remember Nick Saban getting pissed and denying he had any interest in the Alabama job?

--- End quote ---

That's exactly my point.

But yet you're telling me that he's demanded a trade. How do you know? Because it was rumored/reported? How do you know it's true?

You have to take all these things with a grain of salt, but the only time that Cousins has seemed to be truly unhappy with the Kings is right now with George Karl.

Imminent Rueage:


--- Quote from: Hawg Red on June 25, 2015, 02:34:11 pm ---That's exactly my point.

But yet you're telling me that he's demanded a trade. How do you know? Because it was rumored/reported? How do you know it's true?

You have to take all these things with a grain of salt, but the only time that Cousins has seemed to be truly unhappy with the Kings is right now with George Karl.

--- End quote ---

How do I know? I don't know. But I have seen multiple reports from respected media people who all say that he requested a trade. If 20 people tell me one thing and one person tells me another, I'm gonna go with the twenty people.

chiefhawg:

Kentucky 4 lottery picks and no NCAA Championship.

WorfHog:


--- Quote from: chiefhawg on June 25, 2015, 08:05:42 pm ---Kentucky 4 lottery picks and no NCAA Championship.

--- End quote ---

I lol'd when one of the announcer guys called Cal the Teflon Don.

HawgnCorona:


--- Quote from: Hawg Red on June 25, 2015, 11:18:57 am ---http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2015-06-25/demarcus-cousins-stay-with-kings-lakers-trade-rumors

Cousins himself confirms he wants to be in Sacramento.



--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Hawg Red on June 25, 2015, 08:37:32 am ---The thing is, though, Cousins actually wants to be in Sacramento. There's absolutely no reason to trade him if that's the case. Get rid of literally everyone else if you want/need to, but don't trade an All-NBA big man that skilled that actually wants to play for your dysfunctional franchise. And I'm not going to entertain blaming all of Sacramento's problems on Cousins. He's not holding them back. Their ownership and front office are holding them back. They hired a coach in Mike Malone that really and truly got through to Cousins. Cousins liked Malone. Malone was good for him. And Cousins got sick last season and missed some time, the Kings naturally struggled, and they inexplicably fire Malone. Just dumb. Then they go hire a coach with one of the biggest egos ever in George Karl for a coach that really hasn't won anything in his career. It's not 1996 anymore. Gary Payton and Shawn Kemp aren't walking through that door for George Karl.

I don't think for one second that Jordan Clarkson has All-Star potential. I think he's in a bit of a Jeremy Lin-type situation here. He'll get exposed as a more ordinary player when the Lakers get better talent. He was scoring on that team because someone had to. He's a bench guy, most likely. Okafor and Randle could be All-Stars at some point but neither one of them really fit the direction the game is going in. Doesn't mean they can't be All-Stars, though, but I'm skeptical (mostly of Randle). Medical concerns caused Randle to fall on draft night last year and he ended up only playing 14 minutes last season, so that's a concern as well. Again, you know you have an elite player in Cousins and there doesn't appear to be much reason to trade him at 24 years old and him still improving. There are a lot reason why Sacramento is bad but Cousins isn't one of those reasons.

--- End quote ---

Yeah but Cousins and Karl do dont see eye to eye...He wants Cousins traded. Vlade wants him to stay. His issue is his attitude...That is the drama taking place right now. Stay tuned.

Also the reason why the Lakers selected Russell supposedly is they feel confident they will get L Aldridge who has to Portland he will not resign with them.


http://www.lakersnation.com/nba-rumors-lamarcus-aldridge-informed-blazers-he-will-not-return/2015/06/25/

Who to believe? The tea leaves...Think about it if you have the chance snag a center and you dont. That should tell you that they have something working to fill that position. They werent impressed with either (Russell or Okafor) work out the B. Scott supposedly was more interested in Russell.

They didnt take Russell because they have no confidence in J Clarkson. As a matter of fact they arent looking to get rid of him. As far as Clarkson being an All Star in the future you dont know one way or the other. Again the Lakers are very high Clarkson as well as Randle.

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-confidence-in-signing-lamarcus-aldridge-led-to-drafting-dangelo-russell/2015/06/25/


 And DWade and the Lakers are real chummy right now...

Lakers do not care to build thru the draft...A Laker fan here.

After Sacramento Kings coach George Karl pushed for Kings management to trade Cousins this spring, Cousins is unenthusiastic about returning to play for Karl and would be eager for a deal to the Lakers, league sources said.

Golden State hired Kerr for two reasons. To take them to the next level and to address a situation between M Jackson and clashes with upper mgmt and the hiccups with his staff.  We wont get into how that worked out for them.


That being said SacTown has done the same thing with Karl. Regardless of your opinion about he has a better track record Malone doesnt.

So does it matter where he wants to be Sac Town? Not if the organization like whats is being offered or the Coach wants you gone.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--kings-talking-to-lakers-about-demarcus-cousins-trade--fielding-offers-from-other-teams-030157845.html

The situation is fluid...Believe that.

Hawg Red:


--- Quote from: Imminent Rueage on June 25, 2015, 07:29:19 pm ---How do I know? I don't know. But I have seen multiple reports from respected media people who all say that he requested a trade. If 20 people tell me one thing and one person tells me another, I'm gonna go with the twenty people.

--- End quote ---

Half of those people are probably using the other half as their source, by the way. Just like how right after Adrian Wojnarowski tweets breaking news, a dozen other top media reports tweet the same thing and claim "per a source." Yeah, your source is Wojnarowski, fellas. One thing I've learned about following a lot of NBA reports is that they piggy-back A LOT.

But, again, it doesn't matter because you aren't acknowledging what I'm saying. It is very, very possible for him to still want to be in Sacramento but not play for George Karl, thus asking for a trade. The root point here is that you have an elite, All-Star, All-NBA big man that actually wants to be in your unattractive city but has a coach that's working against him. Remove Karl and you remove the trade request. Can we agree on that?

Hawg Red:


--- Quote from: HawgnCorona on June 26, 2015, 02:56:44 am ---Yeah but Cousins and Karl do dont see eye to eye...He wants Cousins traded. Vlade wants him to stay. His issue is his attitude...That is the drama taking place right now. Stay tuned.

Also the reason why the Lakers selected Russell supposedly is they feel confident they will get L Aldridge who has to Portland he will not resign with them.


http://www.lakersnation.com/nba-rumors-lamarcus-aldridge-informed-blazers-he-will-not-return/2015/06/25/

Who to believe? The tea leaves...Think about it if you have the chance snag a center and you dont. That should tell you that they have something working to fill that position. They werent impressed with either (Russell or Okafor) work out the B. Scott supposedly was more interested in Russell.

They didnt take Russell because they have no confidence in J Clarkson. As a matter of fact they arent looking to get rid of him. As far as Clarkson being an All Star in the future you dont know one way or the other. Again the Lakers are very high Clarkson as well as Randle.

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-confidence-in-signing-lamarcus-aldridge-led-to-drafting-dangelo-russell/2015/06/25/


 And DWade and the Lakers are real chummy right now...

Lakers do not care to build thru the draft...A Laker fan here.

After Sacramento Kings coach George Karl pushed for Kings management to trade Cousins this spring, Cousins is unenthusiastic about returning to play for Karl and would be eager for a deal to the Lakers, league sources said.

Golden State hired Kerr for two reasons. To take them to the next level and to address a situation between M Jackson and clashes with upper mgmt and the hiccups with his staff.  We wont get into how that worked out for them.


That being said SacTown has done the same thing with Karl. Regardless of your opinion about he has a better track record Malone doesnt.

So does it matter where he wants to be Sac Town? Not if the organization like whats is being offered or the Coach wants you gone.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--kings-talking-to-lakers-about-demarcus-cousins-trade--fielding-offers-from-other-teams-030157845.html

The situation is fluid...Believe that.

--- End quote ---

Yes, sir!

Thanks for straightening me out.  ???

k.c.hawg:


--- Quote from: Hawg Red on June 25, 2015, 09:51:07 am ---A lot more has to happen for the Spurs to be able to make all that happen. It's unlikely to go down.

--- End quote ---

It looks like they got it done.

husker71:

The Lakers, in the search for a big man, get Roy Hibbert

Pages: (1/2) > >>

Go to full version