• 10,347,748 Posts
• 409,483 Topics
• 23,409 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Portis Walking in Corliss' Shoes  (Read 910 times)

Mike Irwin

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Portis Walking in Corliss' Shoes
« on: February 19, 2015, 09:03:34 pm »

Former Razorback All-American Corliss Williamson helped take Arkansas basketball to the top in 1994. Current Razorback Bobby Portis is leading a revival of the school's basketball program under Mike Anderson who was an assistant coach during Williamson's three seasons on the Hill. Wednesday night Williamson's 34 number was unfurled from the rafters at Bud Walton Arena. There seems to be little doubt Portis' 10 number will someday hang over the home of Hog basketball as well which would be even more fitting considering the connection between the two.

"I've known him since he was in the second grade," Williamson said of Portis. "I was coaching AAU basketball. My brother was going to barber college and his mom was going to barber college at the same time. I had a chance to meet his mom and found out that I had played basketball against his uncle. So we developed a relationship from that. I coached him for some years and it was fun to watch him develop and grow as a young man."
-----------------
To read more and to view the video version of this story click on the link below:
http://www.nwahomepage.com/fulltextsports/d/story/portis-walking-in-corliss-shoes/38641/UibTUoG62Ei8tQ5vD4GwTQ

Steef

• Idylically living in the Valley of the Cats
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
Re: Portis Walking in Corliss' Shoes
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 09:04:51 pm »

Good article, Mike.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

hoghiker

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 08:33:42 am »

Good read about good people.

HF#1

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 08:56:48 am »

If he decides to come back we are an instant contender nationally.  I don't think it's completely out of the question.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas