• 10,951,433 Posts
• 425,592 Topics
• 24,869 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ALCS: Baltimore v Kansas City: KC (8-0) Sweeps Baltimore  (Read 1689 times)

popcornhog

ALCS: Baltimore v Kansas City: KC (8-0) Sweeps Baltimore
« on: October 05, 2014, 10:37:41 pm »

The American League will be represented by a deserving fan base that deserves the recent success, either way.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 08:34:39 am by popcornhog »

clutch

Re: ALCS: Baltimore v Kansas City
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2014, 10:41:15 pm »

If the Cards don't win, I hope the AL takes it this year. And I NEVER hope that. There's really only two AL teams I like. Both are still alive. I don't care who wins this series. It will sure be fun to watch though. I'm actually more excited about watching this than if the cards make it to the NLCS because I can watch it stress free.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

popcornhog

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2014, 10:42:44 pm »

If the Cards don't win, I hope the AL takes it this year. And I NEVER hope that. There's really only two AL teams I like. Both are still alive. I don't care who wins this series. It will sure be fun to watch though. I'm actually more excited about watching this than if the cards make it to the NLCS because I can watch it stress free.

Agreed. The Royals are by far my second favorite team, although I don't care for the AL usually either.

The Orioles are Rick Schaeffer's favorite team fwiw.

jrulz83

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Lenin lived, Lenin lives, Lenin will live forever!
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2014, 11:14:31 pm »

Agreed. The Royals are by far my second favorite team, although I don't care for the AL usually either.

The Orioles are Rick Schaeffer's favorite team fwiw.

If Rick likes the O's, go Royals.  ;D

pigture perfect

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2014, 02:26:11 am »

These are my favorite AL teams as well. The Cards will be lucky to make it past the Dodgers and then the giants.

popcornhog

Re: ALCS: Baltimore v Kansas City: Game 1 7:07 CDT Friday, 10/10
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2014, 11:46:59 pm »

Predictions?

I'll go Royals in 6.

GolfNut57

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2014, 06:57:43 am »

Some may think this is sour grapes but it really isn't. As far as I am concerned I don't care who wins the WS as long as it ISN'T the Orioles. I can't stand that team with Showalter running it and it doesn't help that they have as their star player, Nelson Cruz who was just suspended last year for PED use. With the way he led the league in HRs this year I suspect he is still using them. With that being said......

I really would like to see the Royals pull off the title. My sister lives in KC and I know this would make her year to see it happen.

clutch

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2014, 06:58:41 am »

I have no prediction on this series. I literally have no idea what to expect. This should be an awesome series.

I guess if I had to pick I'd be leaning towards the O's in 7 simply because of home field.

popcornhog

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2014, 10:38:28 pm »

I've had to miss a lot of this game, but damn!

O's kept it at 5-5 after Dyson engaged in some questionable base running.

pigture perfect

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2014, 10:44:26 pm »

I have a feeling that the consistency of the Oriole's and Buck being a superior manager to Ned will be the difference.

popcornhog

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2014, 10:54:26 pm »

Wow! 3 straight walks to open the 9th.

KC has the bases loaded. No outs.

popcornhog

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2014, 10:54:51 pm »

Hosmer up.

popcornhog

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2014, 10:56:45 pm »

Still not throwing strikes. Hosmer chased one though. 2-1

2-2 now

popcornhog

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2014, 10:57:21 pm »

Full count

popcornhog

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2014, 11:00:07 pm »

Wow! Ground ball to first and thrown out at home. Hundley may not have made the play. Review?

popcornhog

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2014, 11:01:39 pm »

Looks like his foot was in 1st. Escobar out at home.

popcornhog

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2014, 11:07:26 pm »

Billy grounds to SS for the DP.

The O's walk the first three batters in the 9th and escape without giving up a run.

popcornhog

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2014, 11:20:53 pm »

Gordon with a lead off HR to take the lead 6-5.

Top 10th

popcornhog

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2014, 11:40:20 pm »

Moose had a 2 run shot in the top of the 10th to make it 8-5.

popcornhog

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2014, 11:50:47 pm »

O's pulled within 8-6 and Markakis came to the plate with 2 outs and runners on first and second but grounded out to end the game.

popcornhog

Re: ALCS: Baltimore v Kansas City: Royals lead series 2-0
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2014, 10:31:15 pm »

I didn't get to watch any if it because I was busy being depressed at DWRRS, but wow -- the Royals just keep winning. They're in good shape going back to KC.

popcornhog

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2014, 12:08:42 am »

Jeremy Guyhrie (former Oriole) will pitch game 3.

He has not pitched since September 22 or so. Shockingly, this is his first career playoff start.

Fwiw, looks like a very good chance it's gonna be rained out.

popcornhog

« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2014, 12:23:45 pm »

It's looking like tonight's game may not happen. The weather here in KC is pretty nasty.

popcornhog

DukeOfPork

Lifelong Royals fan here and I'm a bit conflicted.  As much as I want to see the sweep and have the Royals keep rolling into the World Series, I have tickets to Game 5.

Such a dilemma watching tonight's game!

GolfNut57

Lifelong Royals fan here and I'm a bit conflicted.  As much as I want to see the sweep and have the Royals keep rolling into the World Series, I have tickets to Game 5.

Such a dilemma watching tonight's game!

You pull for KC to win tonight to give them the 3-0 series lead that will be almost insurmountable for the O's to overcome. (Afterall, until 2004 no team had ever come back from being down 3-0 in a best of seven postseason series)Then you can sit back and not worry should they lose game four because you have tickets to game five.

DukeOfPork

You pull for KC to win tonight to give them the 3-0 series lead that will be almost insurmountable for the O's to overcome. (Afterall, until 2004 no team had ever come back from being down 3-0 in a best of seven postseason series)Then you can sit back and not worry should they lose game four because you have tickets to game five.

Yep, that is the perfect scenario.  I grabbed the Game 5 tickets because it was a day game and I could get back home before midnight.  I never dreamed that they would take BOTH games in Baltimore!

My only fear is that since they are on a 7 game winning streak (six of those wins in the playoffs), when they do finally lose, will it be a 2 or 3 or 4 game skid?  You see that so often in baseball.

I grew up going to tons of KC games and watching Brett, White, McRae, Wilson, Otis, and those guys.  I've grown bored of baseball in recent years, but this run has been a heavy dose of nostalgia for me.

GolfNut57

KC up 3 games to none? That series is OVER!

DukeOfPork

Yep.  Done.

The Royals are amazing.  If you let them take a lead to the 7th, you're done.

Herrera.

Davis.

Holland.

Game Over.

GolfNut57

So if there is no game five, do you get your money back for those tickets? Might be a dumb ? but I have never bought playoff tickets before.

popcornhog

So if there is no game five, do you get your money back for those tickets? Might be a dumb ? but I have never bought playoff tickets before.

Yes. Probably.

It depends where he bought them. If he got them through the box office, yes (minus processing fees). Also, most reputable 3rd party vendor/facilitators will simply hold the funds at the time of purchase and release the funds back to you if the game is not played. I had this happen to me two years ago when I bought World Series tickets (in St Louis) when we were up 3-1 over the Giants in the NLCS. I still feel somewhat responsible for jinxing the team.

FelixJonesorDMAC?

• WHAAAOOO!!

Yes. Probably.

It depends where he bought them. If he got them through the box office, yes (minus processing fees). Also, most reputable 3rd party vendor/facilitators will simply hold the funds at the time of purchase and release the funds back to you if the game is not played. I had this happen to me two years ago when I bought World Series tickets (in St Louis) when we were up 3-1 over the Giants in the NLCS. I still feel somewhat responsible for jinxing the team.

Can you buy them again ;)

popcornhog

Can you buy them again ;)

I've already ordered a pair. In San Francisco.

FelixJonesorDMAC?

• WHAAAOOO!!

I've already ordered a pair. In San Francisco.

LOL!!  Return them NOW!!

DukeOfPork

I'm about to find out because I think Baltimore is finished.  It was through StubHub.

popcornhog

I'm about to find out because I think Baltimore is finished.  It was through StubHub.

Stubhub will refund you.

popcornhog

Adam Jones leads off the top of the order in the top of the 9th with the Royals up 2-1.

popcornhog

Adam Jones leads off the top of the order in the top of the 9th with the Royals up 2-1.

Lead off walk with Nelson Cruz at the plate representing the go ahead run.

popcornhog

Cruz hit it at Holland who threw out Jones at 2nd.

1 out

popcornhog

K

KC 1 out away from WS.

Hardy up.

popcornhog

Royals win. Hardy grounds out on a 1-2 fastball in the zone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas