• 10,399,982 Posts
• 411,062 Topics
• 23,495 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fred W. Smith Football Center Tours???  (Read 1170 times)

TazorTusk

Fred W. Smith Football Center Tours???
« on: August 18, 2013, 12:25:18 am »

On game day I presume the new football center will be open for fans to visit.  Is that correct? Will there be tours available or will fans just be allowed to wander around and look on their own?

What has happened to the displays in the northern end of the stadium?  Have they been moved to the new center, or will this area also be something I can show off to out-of-state visitors on game day?

TIA,

SK
 :razorback:
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 03:02:20 am by SHUBUTAKID »

NWARazor

Re: Fred W. Smith Football Center Tours???
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 04:12:32 pm »

They haven't announced any tours. Still finishing the inside of the facility.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Pickwick Hog

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 04:34:16 pm »

They haven't announced any tours. Still finishing the inside of the facility.

Tim Horton will be providing hourly tours on August 31st beginning @ 9am.

ricepig

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 04:41:34 pm »

According to AD Long, they haven't decided on how to handle any tours. Really, they don't need the traffic of people running through there while preparing to play foitball. I'm assumimg when the foyer and entrance are finished they will let fans in there. I don't ever see a full blown tour, just places you don't want to run people through.

Pickwick Hog

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 04:48:54 pm »

According to AD Long, they haven't decided on how to handle any tours. Really, they don't need the traffic of people running through there while preparing to play foitball. I'm assumimg when the foyer and entrance are finished they will let fans in there. I don't ever see a full blown tour, just places you don't want to run people through.

What's the over/under on the number of folks tugging on the doors looking for a toilet?

b501

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2013, 04:54:17 pm »

What's the over/under on the number of folks tugging on the doors looking for a toilet?

haha good point i have seen quite a few hilariously intoxicated individuals trying to make there way up the hill....

ricepig

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2013, 04:55:01 pm »

Probably equal to the ones using the potted plants as a urinal.

Professor Psychosis

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2013, 05:01:44 pm »

Perhaps they should just wait until next year's spring game, or they could be like JerryWorld and open it during specific weeks of the year for people to tour.  Highly recommend that, btw, if anyone is ever in Dallas.  It was $20, but you get to walk on the field and go into the locker room area and the VIP area.  Self-guided, so you can take as long as you want and they let you take still photos, but it's not available during the season.

El Puerco

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2013, 05:14:05 pm »

They sure didn't mind tours of the old dump when they needed money for upgrades.

ricepig

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2013, 05:16:36 pm »

They sure didn't mind tours of the old dump when they needed money for upgrades.

Well, hang around another 25/30 years and they'll give you a tour of this one. I imagine if you donated to this one you can get a tour.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas