General Sports Discussion > NBA Board

What is your all-time most memorable NBA moment?

Pages: (1/2) > >>

dsims2k3:

Everyone who watches the game has them. I can think of so many that were good, including regular season, all-star games, playoffs, or even Olympics. 

LL COOL HOG:

This is tough. In no particular order:

1. Vince Carter's Olympic dunk over the 7 foot center.
2. Jordan's ball switch layup.
3. Jordan's flu game.
4. MICHEAL JORDAN!

dsims2k3:

I'll never forget Game 1 of the 2001 Finals Lakers vs 76ers. Allen Iverson crosses up Tyronn Lue and then steps over him. As a Lakers fan, I got out of my seat on that one. Lue had been D'ing him up pretty well until that moment, which made it that more astonishing.

dsims2k3:

--- Quote from: bigrod155 on July 05, 2013, 03:15:30 pm ---This is tough. In no particular order:

1. Vince Carter's Olympic dunk over the 7 foot center.
2. Jordan's ball switch layup.
3. Jordan's flu game.
4. MICHEAL JORDAN!

--- End quote ---

Vince Carters dunk on that center was sick.

hoghappy:

Showing my age, but When Dennis Johnson of the Celtics stole an inbound pass and flipped it (as he was going out of bounds) to Bird for a lay-up with no time left. One of the best hustle plays I've ever seen.

LL COOL HOG:

--- Quote from: hoghappy on July 05, 2013, 04:06:55 pm ---Showing my age, but When Dennis Johnson of the Celtics stole an inbound pass and flipped it (as he was going out of bounds) to Bird for a lay-up with no time left. One of the best hustle plays I've ever seen.

--- End quote ---

That's a classic for sure.

McKdaddy:

LAL coming back from 3-2 to beat DET in the '88 Finals to complete the NBA's first repeat in about 20 years ranks high for me.

Jordan's game 2 performance @ BOS in '86

Oliver:

Robert Horry's 3 point basket to beat the Kings at the buzzer.

Derek Fisher .4

Enough said

McKdaddy:

FINALLY beating BOS in a Finals ('85)

husker71:

December 1975 went to St Louis to watch Dr J.  Guys thought I was full of it when I told them what I saw him do (no ESPN then no internet then)  From that day forward I was a ABA fan and saw the future of basketball.   

McKdaddy:

--- Quote from: husker71 on July 05, 2013, 08:03:00 pm ---December 1975 went to St Louis to watch Dr J.

--- End quote ---

Nice

pigasaurus:

82-83 season.  Dr. J and Moses thumped LA.  Watched it in dorm with a bunch of buddies.  It was a blast and the Dr got his NBA title.

ErieHog:

Very tough.   It is the bad moments that stick with me, sometimes as much as the good.

Bird, missing what I thought was a series changer at the buzzer in game 4 of the '87 Finals.

The Fischer shot mentioned above in a Game 5, that beat what I thought was the best Spurs squad of the Duncan era.

Jordan hates Cleveland-- twice.

Magic's Kareem impression in game 6 of the '80 Finals

Barkley elbowing a kid from Angola in the Olympics

Dikimbe laying on the floor, holding a basketball in his outstretched arms, after his Nuggets became the first 8 seed to take down a 1 seed against Seattle.

The Shrug vs. Portland

Magic's junior, junior, junior sky hook

Bird's steal in game 6 of the '87 Eastern Conference Finals with the pinpoint pass to DJ

"I'm just looking around to see who's gonna finish up second."

Bird's last hurrah-- the 49/14/12 triple double in '92 against Portland that still stands as an NBA record for most points scored during a triple double.

ErieHog:

--- Quote from: pigasaurus on July 05, 2013, 08:12:59 pm ---82-83 season.  Dr. J and Moses thumped LA.  Watched it in dorm with a bunch of buddies.  It was a blast and the Dr got his NBA title.

--- End quote ---

Fo, fo, fo was fantastic.

Imminent Rueage:

--- Quote from: McKdaddy on July 05, 2013, 06:22:18 pm ---FINALLY beating BOS in a Finals ('85)

--- End quote ---

Ditto

MikePiazza:

--- Quote from: hoghappy on July 05, 2013, 04:06:55 pm ---Showing my age, but When Dennis Johnson of the Celtics stole an inbound pass and flipped it (as he was going out of bounds) to Bird for a lay-up with no time left. One of the best hustle plays I've ever seen.

--- End quote ---

You've got it flip-flopped.

http://youtu.be/VNpJXDPnQTE

grumpypenguin:

Derek Fisher .4

T Mac scoring 13 in 35 seconds to win a game.

Every Ricky Rubio play

McKdaddy:

--- Quote from: pigasaurus on July 05, 2013, 08:12:59 pm ---82-83 season.  Dr. J and Moses thumped LA.  Watched it in dorm with a bunch of buddies.  It was a blast and the Dr got his NBA title.

--- End quote ---

I hated the result for my team, but was happy for Dr J.

jbcarol:

Had just tuned in and it got interrupted by this:

Piggage:

--- Quote from: MikePiazza on July 05, 2013, 09:16:30 pm ---You've got it flip-flopped.

http://youtu.be/VNpJXDPnQTE

--- End quote ---

Thanks for setting that straight. I love how they both went about that play so quickly but businesslike, not like they were doing anything spectacular. Just hustling and playing to win.

I want to add Reggie Miller scoring 8 points in 9 seconds to beat the Knicks at MSG. I didn't particularly care except it was against the Knicks.

That game was somewhat influential because the Knicks had run out of timeouts, so they had to keep putting the ball right back in play without a chance to set anything. Before that, players were thought of as heroes if they could go after a loose ball and call timeout while flying out of bounds. Afterwards, teams realized they weren't doing themselves a favor by spending multiple timeouts per game doing that.

The_Iceman:

I love a lot of Michael Jordan's career. But one that I really like was Jordan's final All-star game as a Wizard when he hit that fade-away baseline jumper. It just showed that MJ still had that clutch gene and will to win even at age 40.

My favorite moment of the 2013 NBA season was no doubt this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIDS3q3F0H4

Jackrabbit Hog:

Kermit Washington breaking Rudy Tomjanovich's face with his fist.  You didn't ask for best; just most memorable.  That one was pretty unforgettable.

ATU HOG:

Fisher's shot with 0.4 seconds left to beat the Spurs.  Blew my mind
Kobe's lob to Shaq against Portland
Ray Allen's 3 to tie the Spurs
Robert Horry's game winning 3
Ron Artest going in the stands

Got to see MJ play a game at the Pyramid when I was young.
Got to see Kobe play the Mavs when I visited the girlfriend over Christmas break last year

yraciv:

NM

yraciv:

1. Jordan the Crossover
2. Lebron scoring 29 of the last 30 to beat Detroit in the Eastern conference finals.
3. Kobe Goes for 81
4. MJ flu game
5. Reggie Miller 8 pts/ 8 seconds

For other reasons...
1. Malice in the Palace
2. Joey Crawford - Ejection of Tim Duncan
3. Lakers - sportsmanship meltdown against the Mavs

Porky McGee:

When Shaq dunked on Chris Dudley, and Dudley responded by throwing the ball at him.

Kobe for 81.

Jordan waving his finger at Dikembe.

McHogLovin:

All Jordan moments but the one that sticks out to me is him stripping Malone before coming down and hitting another huge game winner to win ring number 6.  Mailman had some unbelievably huge strong hands and it was just Mike coming around the baseline undetected and quicker than anyone could cry wolf, then laying the absolute hammer down to get the strip on Malone. Great play. And everyone knew when he started pushing the ball up the court what was about to happen on the other end.  Greatness

I also loved the Kukoc shot when Scottie was pouting on the bench.  Scottie is a hater to the max.  Widely viewed as a top 20 player in history by many including myself, I feel he gets his due. 

hvsupastar:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDJtxOjiFEY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

GoHogs1091:

I didn't see it when it happened, but George Gervin's 63 point game on April 9, 1978.  Gervin had no 3 point line, and it was a non-Overtime game.   

Gervin scored the 63 points in only 33 minutes of total playing time.  During that game, he scored 33 points in the second quarter, setting the NBA record.  He did not score from the field until his sixth attempt with 6:29 left in the first quarter.  During the first half, Gervin had two separate streaks of scoring 22 and 18 consecutive points for the Spurs.  To put Gervin's 63 point game into perspective, Michael Jordan's 69 point game (March 28, 1990 vs. Cleveland Cavaliers) was an Overtime game.  Jordan played a total of 50 minutes in that game, and Jordan had a 3 point line.

Gervin was basically an un-guardable player.       

The_Iceman:

--- Quote from: GoHogs1091 on July 10, 2013, 04:50:35 am ---I didn't see it when it happened, but George Gervin's 63 point game on April 9, 1978.  Gervin had no 3 point line, and it was a non-Overtime game.   

Gervin scored the 63 points in only 33 minutes of total playing time.  During that game, he scored 33 points in the second quarter, setting the NBA record.  He did not score from the field until his sixth attempt with 6:29 left in the first quarter.  During the first half, Gervin had two separate streaks of scoring 22 and 18 consecutive points for the Spurs.  To put Gervin's 63 point game into perspective, Michael Jordan's 69 point game (March 28, 1990 vs. Cleveland Cavaliers) was an Overtime game.  Jordan played a total of 50 minutes in that game, and Jordan had a 3 point line.

Gervin was basically an un-guardable player.       

--- End quote ---

Surprised you didn't say:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJo_d6Gi1-Q

Arkansasbeaux:

Pippen telling Malone that the mailman doesn't deliver on Sundays

The_Bionic_Pig:

dsims2k3:

A.I. was that dude.

dsims2k3:

dsims2k3:

Jordan blocking Mercer after getting ripped.

The_Bionic_Pig:

--- Quote from: dsims2k3 on July 10, 2013, 11:25:13 pm ---Jordan blocking Mercer after getting ripped.

--- End quote ---

Anger made him stop conserving energy for a full game and fir 30 seconds the 90's Jordan made a appearance. .. (NEVER start tugging on Superman's cape)

The_Bionic_Pig:

--- Quote from: dsims2k3 on July 10, 2013, 11:15:15 pm ---

--- End quote ---

BIG SHOT BOB!!!!

Pulled(PP)pork:

anytime my Lakers beat the Celtics.....loved staying up late in the summers to watch that rivalry, seemed like every summer

PP

Speedracer:

The following:

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=_leOEYRTmbM
//www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd4Tejb14zI
//www.youtube.com/watch?v=83yEjr3UHW0
//www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQJprZGr5XI

PonderinHog:

Not a valid youtube URL
//www.youtube.com/watch?v=jj1KkJmz4Tk

joeyself:

--- End quote ---

I was scanning this thread to see if anyone else mentioned this, and didn't have to get too far--even if you did get it backward.

JcS

GS99:

--- Quote from: Porky McGee on July 09, 2013, 09:56:19 pm ---When Shaq dunked on humped then shoved Chris Dudley, and Dudley responded by throwing the ball at him.

--- End quote ---

kingofdequeen:

Artest and SJack laying to wood to spectators.

jbcarol:

My dad got back from a drunken bender just in time to see Gar Heard drop this shot in Game 5.

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4xw0TklWEM
Celtics went on to win.

Rooster Hogburn:

Shawn Bradley's retirement

Fatty McGee:

--- Quote from: kingofdequeen on July 12, 2013, 01:24:46 pm ---Artest and SJack laying to wood to spectators.

--- End quote ---

Hehehehe.  Love both of those guys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_a5WpaADKU4

Hogwop:

Reggie Miller scoring 8 points in 12 seconds against the Knicks during the playoffs was pretty awesome

Shoulda read the thread first. So many big time moments listed already. I'll also never forget Sean Elliott's Memorial Day Miracle in the Western Conference Finals vs the Trailblazers

bao187:

the shrug, and oliver miller almost nailing a 3/4 court shot in the final game of the NBA championship vs bulls

1highhog:

Not an NBA moment, but its MJ, IMO still the best to ever play the game at 49 years old still enjoying playing and shooting lights out.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dkrja3wLxIY&feature=related

1highhog:

I think this is a funny NBA moment here,
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8E-_I5751LE

Pages: (1/2) > >>

Go to full version