• 10,328,358 Posts
• 419,686 Topics
• 25,008 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hey Card fans  (Read 1381 times)

Deuce Pigelow

Hey Card fans
« on: March 09, 2006, 07:47:41 am »

I seen where Richard Hidalgo was released. Would you take him?? I still have questions about our left field. He always seemed to kill us when he was in Houston.

Oklahawg

• Resident Optimistic Pragmatist
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Pop Music at It's Finest
Re: Hey Card fans
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2006, 09:31:31 pm »

Crowded OF in St. Louis. But, if he could get himself in game shape he could help. THe thing is, I don't know that he's ready to play right now. He'd have to spend time at AAA to get ready. I think he's had so many doubts about what to do he's not gotten game-ready this off-season.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

HogCards88

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2006, 04:32:36 pm »

I think a So/Bigbie LF platoon is good for now.

HogCards88

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2006, 07:01:49 pm »

For all you Card fans out there, we'll have a spring training game tomorrow on ESPN against the Yanks. Ponson and Reyes will be pitching.

jrw11475

• Varsity
  • How bout dem Hogs!
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2006, 09:31:25 pm »

For all you Card fans out there, we'll have a spring training game tomorrow on ESPN against the Yanks. Ponson and Reyes will be pitching.

I read where Randy Johnson is throwing for the Yanks.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

• Hogville Resident DJ
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2006, 09:32:43 pm »

I read where Randy Johnson is throwing for the Yanks.
Thanks for the heads up...

maniax22bolts20

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2006, 03:10:03 am »

The 2 greatest franchises in baseball history ST. Louis -NYY meet again. Showdown at high noon Today on ESPN .Thanks for the heads up again. NY Yankees vs. Houston at 1pm Wednesday also on ESPN.

Deuce Pigelow

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2006, 03:03:48 pm »

Ponson and Reyes looked good today.
I know it is just spring training and they didn't have Jeter Arod and Damon but they still have a very potent lineup without them.
I am hoping Reyes steps up to the next level and becomes a stud for many years in a Redbird uni.

HOGLUVIN

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2006, 04:07:52 pm »

I think a So/Bigbie LF platoon is good for now.

Im with you on this one.

HogCards88

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2006, 04:24:09 pm »

Wainright is also looking good for the fifth spot as well, the competition for that 5th spot in the rotation and bench spots are heating up!

Table Rocker

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2006, 10:27:09 am »

How bout Dunc's JACK off the unit, he crushed that thing. He reminds me of Adam Dunn, we have no where to put him though, seems as though we have a young prospect that is emerging as the everyday first basemen :) seriously, maybe we could develop this guy and if he can't play the OF, use him as trade bait for a pitcher.

Deuce Pigelow

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2006, 09:30:17 am »

I agree Duncan being a left-hander and taking unit deep was impressive. I am sure Walt will find a way to use him or trade him for a pitcher like you said.

mword

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2006, 05:46:21 pm »

I'd take him. I remember when he was Houston always hitting the big one on us.

HogCards88

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2006, 11:16:42 pm »

Looks like Ponson will be the 5th starter, and Reyes will be sent back down to Memphis. Wainright is gonna compete for a bullpen job. Bigbie is gonna be out 2-3 weeks with a stress fracture.

Anyone else terrified at the fact that Spivey and his .156 spring BA is going to be our starting 2b?

Deuce Pigelow

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2006, 07:55:58 am »

Yea!! I still have my doubts about left field too.
What is up with Reyes???
It is not even time to trim the rosters yet and they have already sent him down??

Table Rocker

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2006, 10:52:28 am »

I think with Spivey's poor play, Luna and Miles' inability to take seize the starting 2nd base job, along with Bigbie's recent injury-that a trade is imminent. Maybe not now but I'd say within the first month of the season something will go down, especially if Wainright and Reyes continue to impress. People keep mentioning Abreu or M. Cabrera, but I don't think there's a chance in he!! of getting either or those.

HogCards88

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2006, 12:41:23 pm »

Soriano is a name being thrown around....

The guy is not nearly as good of a hitter outside of Arlington, and his defense is very poor. I say no.

seanj22

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2006, 02:36:00 pm »

The guy is not nearly as good of a hitter outside of Arlington, and his defense is very poor. I say no.
but hes better than what we have now. and i cant believe we didnt sign reggie. he hit hard, played good d, and wuz my 3rd favorite. (1st big al, 2nd jimmy

HogCards88

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2006, 05:57:18 pm »

but hes better than what we have now. and i cant believe we didnt sign reggie. he hit hard, played good d, and wuz my 3rd favorite. (1st big al, 2nd jimmy
Is he? Soriano doesn't do the "little things", and his defense is anemic. Those are two of the biggest qualities TLR looks at.

I too was also sad to see Reggie gone, but this organization has always had a great sense of when to hold them and when to fold 'em. I trust Walt.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas