• 10,314,041 Posts
• 408,532 Topics
• 23,343 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cycling  (Read 26475 times)

hawgrunner

Re: Cycling
« Reply #450 on: September 27, 2018, 04:07:35 pm »

Another month with 300 + miles under the belt.

hawgrunner

« Reply #451 on: October 07, 2018, 03:48:27 pm »

Cooler riding weather!!   :)

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

McKdaddy

« Reply #452 on: October 09, 2018, 08:09:18 am »

McKdaddy

« Reply #453 on: November 04, 2018, 07:36:26 pm »

Anyone have power meter experience?  I finally bought one, the Garmin Vector 3 pedals.  I know I have to do a FTP test before utilizing the pedals.  Beyond that, any recs on which training software you prefer? (i.e. trainerroad, training peaks, zwift, etc).

hawgrunner

« Reply #454 on: November 07, 2018, 01:05:15 am »

Anyone have power meter experience?  I finally bought one, the Garmin Vector 3 pedals.  I know I have to do a FTP test before utilizing the pedals.  Beyond that, any recs on which training software you prefer? (i.e. trainerroad, training peaks, zwift, etc).

nope but would like too, just cost too much...

hawgrunner

« Reply #455 on: November 10, 2018, 09:14:32 am »

Cooler riding weather!!   :)

upper 30/lower 40's to start this am.

McKdaddy

« Reply #456 on: January 01, 2019, 03:56:38 pm »

Cold ride this afternoon, with average temp during the ride at 24-degrees. However, I was so desperate to ride, not having done so since Xmas Day, that I was able to wrangle another desperate soul to join me.

I donít get to ride as much as Iíd like w/ the various things in life that get in the way, but was able to make my modest 3k goal for the 4th year in a row. Bring on 3k more for 2019.

hawgrunner

« Reply #457 on: January 05, 2019, 09:24:55 am »

Cold ride this afternoon, with average temp during the ride at 24-degrees. However, I was so desperate to ride, not having done so since Xmas Day, that I was able to wrangle another desperate soul to join me.

I donít get to ride as much as Iíd like w/ the various things in life that get in the way, but was able to make my modest 3k goal for the 4th year in a row. Bring on 3k more for 2019.

Good work on the miles.

I got 3,034.85 miles cycling, 242.15 miles running and 57.5 hrs in gym lifting.

McKdaddy

« Reply #458 on: January 07, 2019, 01:30:52 pm »

+1

My outdoor run miles were only 62 (it hurts my back too much to run).  I'm not sure how to access my hours spent on the eliptical, in spin classes, or treadmill (walking or running) via Garmin Connect -- I didn't see breakdown for them.  Strength training I was able to get and it came in at 52 hours.

McKdaddy

« Reply #459 on: February 10, 2019, 09:33:08 am »

I began riding spring of Ď14, starting w/ a Retul fit when I purchased the bike. I had been doing spin classes since 2012 so I expected back pain to be an issue (I have 3 herniated disks in my lower back and could not find a comfy position on the spin bikes) and was willing to try a fitting to see if some pain could be alleviated. It worked well for about 4 years, indeed minimizing pain.

I didnít ride before this fit, so I imagine my riding style has evolved over the past 5 years. Additionally, I began stretching daily 2 years ago, so I was tighter then than now. Iím still tight, just a bit less so.

But the past year has not felt right. A year ago I changed saddles after wearing out the other one. Same model, updated version, but it never felt like it was in the same spot. I rode on. Three months ago I replaced my shimano pedals and cleats w/ Garmin Vector pedals and Look cleats. That change made me feel more off. Additionally there seemed to be more rocking or bouncing on the bike. Over the 5 years Iíve laid the bike over a few times ó early on by not clipping-out and many others by thinking the bike was leaned well against something only to see it crash to the pavement (sigh).

So I felt a new fit was in order. I wonít bore you with the old numbers versus the new numbers, or list the changes made. Simply put my bike feels GOOD again and Iím thankful to my LBS.

hawgrunner

« Reply #460 on: February 14, 2019, 07:10:11 pm »

Nice.

I began riding spring of Ď14, starting w/ a Retul fit when I purchased the bike.
My first 50 miler was 1992... but took quite a few years off in the early 2000s due to travel for work.

So I felt a new fit was in order. I wonít bore you with the old numbers versus the new numbers, or list the changes made. Simply put my bike feels GOOD again and Iím thankful to my LBS.

Good Fit is a must.

McKdaddy

« Reply #461 on: April 28, 2019, 10:53:22 am »

Something I'd like Garmin to incorporate, that I like that other brands do, is to be able to change settings, screen fields, etc. via the app on the phone, rather than having to do so on the Garmin device.  When some buddies showed me last fall how their Lezyne and Wahoo could do that, I fell in love, and wondered why in the hell Garmin wasn't allowing us to do that.

Annual rant.

McKdaddy

« Reply #462 on: May 16, 2019, 09:09:13 am »

Anyone biking to work Friday? -- on national Bike to Work Day.

I always think about commuting but not sure how I'd make it work.  No shower at my office.  I wear suits and ties, but at minimum a dress shirt & slacks 2-3 days/week.  I could have a second set of toiletries at the office, and some wet wipes.  Deoderant and wet wipes would probably be good enough.  Get rid of the helmet hair.  But the clothes would be a chore.  Carry clothes in a back pack on the bike and they might need some ironing.  Or take the work clothes to the office the day before I plan to commute to work.  That works but takes some of the spontaneity out of riding to work "some morning".  As much as I want to do it, just seems like extra work.

McKdaddy

« Reply #463 on: May 16, 2019, 09:26:10 am »

I received the Garmin 530 on Tuesday.  First ride was this morning.  I like it a lot.  But why the heck did I get another Garmin after my annual rant? (see post 461 above).

Well, I initially decided to buy the Wahoo Roam after investigating it.  I think it was announced a handful of days after my rant (the rant was triggered by the earlier announcement that day of the 530/830, and Garmin's continued lack of the convenience features that are endeared by Wahoo owners).  I was ready to make my pre-order.  It was a done deal.  I had even input my CC information.  I felt like I better check on one last thing before submitting my order.....I signed-up for Xert, a year's subscription up-front, a month ago, or thereabouts.  I assumed Xert had Wahoo support, but thought I should double-check.  IT DOES NOT!  I've really enjoyed using Xert and its philosophy.  So, yada-yada-yada, I now have a Garmin 530.

hawgrunner

« Reply #464 on: May 16, 2019, 07:42:13 pm »

I received the Garmin 530 on Tuesday.  First ride was this morning.  I like it a lot.  But why the heck did I get another Garmin after my annual rant? (see post 461 above).

Well, I initially decided to buy the Wahoo Roam after investigating it.  I think it was announced a handful of days after my rant (the rant was triggered by the earlier announcement that day of the 530/830, and Garmin's continued lack of the convenience features that are endeared by Wahoo owners).  I was ready to make my pre-order.  It was a done deal.  I had even input my CC information.  I felt like I better check on one last thing before submitting my order.....I signed-up for Xert, a year's subscription up-front, a month ago, or thereabouts.  I assumed Xert had Wahoo support, but thought I should double-check.  IT DOES NOT!  I've really enjoyed using Xert and its philosophy.  So, yada-yada-yada, I now have a Garmin 530.

Looks like a cool unit...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbeX_ruKt3k
Garmin Edge 530 Review: 15 New Things To Know!

hawgrunner

« Reply #465 on: May 25, 2019, 12:52:24 pm »

McKdaddy...How's the Garmin working out? you riding faster?! 8)

McKdaddy

« Reply #466 on: May 25, 2019, 08:29:52 pm »

I like it, HR. It gives some neat in-ride and post-ride metrics that my nerdiness enjoys. I think Iíve read some of those metrics will be coming to some previous Garnins via an update.

hawgrunner

« Reply #467 on: June 16, 2019, 02:06:58 am »

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas