General Sports Discussion > NBA Board

NBA Playoffs 2013 thread: Who ya wit?!!

Pages: (1/22) > >>

dsims2k3:

With the drama that occurs in jump ball, I think that playoff time would be a great diversion.

Who are you guys rolling with?

Lakers all day.

ErieHog:

I'm going to hop on the Nugget wagon, and hope they do well.

I'm definitely pro-Spurs,  pro-Celtics, pro-Thunder, and pro-whoever is playing Miami.

OnTheHillHogFan:

I have become a Thunder fan just because of how close they are and the fact that they have really developed the players that they have drafted instead of relying on FA's.

Like Erie said I always find myself cheering for the Spurs and Celtics as well and I love the way the Nuggets and Grizzlies play.

As long as the Clippers or Heat don't win I'm good ;D

The_Bionic_Pig:

All I can say is Wow....

dsims2k3:

2013 NBA Playoff Seeding

East
 1.  Miami   
 2. New York 
 3.  Indiana
 4.  Brooklyn
 5.  Chicago
 6.  Atlanta
 7.  Boston
 8.  Milwaukee

West
 1.  Oklahoma City   
 2.  San Antonio   
 3.  Denver
 4.  LA Clippers   
 5.  Memphis 
 6.  Golden State 
 7.  LA Lakers
 8.  Houston

dsims2k3:

Game 1:

Spurs: 91
Lakers: 79

Spurs lead series 1-0

dsims2k3:

--- Quote from: ErieHog on April 21, 2013, 06:33:36 pm ---I'm going to hop on the Nugget wagon, and hope they do well.

I'm definitely pro-Spurs,  pro-Celtics, pro-Thunder, and pro-whoever is playing Miami.

--- End quote ---

Totally agree

dsims2k3:

Game 1 Final

Atlanta: 90
Indiana: 107

Indiana lead series 1-0

dsims2k3:

Game 1 final

Milwaukee: 87
Miami:   110

Heat lead series 1-0

Cresthog:

Griz and Knickerbockers for me.

I guess if I have to root for an LA team since I live here now it's gunna be the Clippers if they beat the Griz.

The_Bionic_Pig:

I needed the Heat to win today because (2) weeks ago a NY Knicks fan crossed me sooo bad at the YMCA that my knees clapped....I ain't been back since  ;)

dsims2k3:

Apr 20

Game final:

Memphis: 91
Clippers    112

Clippers lead series 1-0

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya:

Death by cancer of the eyes to Kobe..Long live Michael Jordan!

Mavericks!!!!

dsims2k3:

--- Quote from: Cresthog on April 21, 2013, 08:41:40 pm ---Griz and Knickerbockers for me.

I guess if I have to root for an LA team since I live here now it's gunna be the Clippers if they beat the Griz.

--- End quote ---

I'm pulling for the Griz as well.

HiggiePiggy:

I am going with Miami in 18 games. 

The_Bionic_Pig:

--- Quote from: Cresthog on April 21, 2013, 08:41:40 pm ---Griz and Knickerbockers for me.

--- End quote ---

I was raised in Inglewood until the age of 10 and remember seeing the Forum in route to home all the time...

dsims2k3:

Game 1 Final

Golden State: 95
Denver:          97

Nuggets lead series 1-0

dsims2k3:

Game 1 Final

New York Knicks: 85
Boston Celtics:     78

New York leads series 1-0

dsims2k3:

Game 1 Final (Apr 20)

Brooklyn: 106
Chicago:    89

Brooklyn leads series 1-0

Cresthog:

--- Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on April 21, 2013, 08:43:37 pm ---I needed the Heat to win today because (2) weeks ago a NY Knicks fan crossed me sooo bad at the YMCA that my knees clapped....I ain't been back since  ;)

--- End quote ---

As bad as Russell Westbrook just crossed P Bev?

Poor Pat managed to not fall over. It was close though.

Dominicanhog:

--- Quote from: dsims2k3 on April 21, 2013, 08:56:11 pm ---Game 1 Final (Apr 20)

Brooklyn: 106
Chicago:    89

Brooklyn leads series 1-0

--- End quote ---

Going with BROOKLYN against La Clippers in the finals.. 2 - 4th seeds.

Reality.. Heat in 5, maybe 4.. can't be 3 can it?

HF#1:

Thunder sweep the heat in the finals.

Dogtown Donkey:

--- Quote from: HogFan#1 on April 22, 2013, 08:45:13 am ---Thunder sweep the heat in the finals.

--- End quote ---

Good one.

Dogtown Donkey:

My team is the Rockets, but they're going to to get swept fairly easily. After that, I really don't care. I'll just see what unfolds and see if a team pulls me in their direction.

Can't see anyone beating the Heat in a series.

Bryan (CHF):

Thunder up!

cmpledger:

Don't really care now that David Lee is out for the playoffs. No one is going to stop Lebron and the Heat anyways. Lebron is so much better than anyone else in the NBA it's not even funny.

Dr Carl aka Shorthog:

NBA?

Big Nasty 34:

I think the real question is do you take the Heat or the field. Really hope the field wins, but find it unlikely.

Oliver:

I'm hoping that the Lakers sweep Jim Buss and Mike Antoni out of town. 

Johnboy:

I don't have a team that I follow closely, but I just don't see any team beating the Heat in a series.

Berno:

Bulls fan here, but I doubt they'll get past Brooklyn.

hogsanity:

I only watch the NBA in passing, but my team is ANY ONE OTHER THAN THE HEAT. 

Cure:

King James and the rest of the Heatles.

jbell96:

Only two teams out west that could give the Heat trouble are Memphis & a healthy Spurs team. Problem is, those teams don't really match up well with OKC, so I'm going for a repeat of last year. Heat in 5 over OKC. Let the record show I am not thrilled about that, but they've easily been the best team in the league this year.

Dogtown Donkey:

Why does everyone not like the Heat? Because they're the best team?

Oliver:

--- Quote from: Dogtown Donkey on April 22, 2013, 01:33:35 pm ---Why does everyone not like the Heat? Because they're the best team?

--- End quote ---

Kind of lost respect when three NBA greats decided to become Ring chasers by joining forces.  Especially Wade, since he's already proven he could win one without doing that. 

That and the way they presented themselves.

But now I don't lose any sleep over it.  The NBA is one of the most predictable leagues.  The Heat are going to win this year and next year barring major injuries.  Then the reigns will be passed on to the Thunder. 

JonClaudeVanHam:

The Heat will win. I hope they do it without losing a single game.

cmpledger:

--- Quote from: Oliver on April 22, 2013, 01:52:52 pm ---Kind of lost respect when three NBA greats decided to become Ring chasers by joining forces.  Especially Wade, since he's already proven he could win one without doing that. 

But now I don't lose any sleep over it.  The NBA is one of the most predictable leagues.  The Heat are going to win this year and next year barring major injuries.  Then the reigns will be passed on to the Thunder.

--- End quote ---

Lol you think Heat will only win 2 more? The reigns won't be "passed on" to the Thunder until Lebron retires. He could very well win the NBA title until he retires, he's that much better than the next closest guy.

Dogtown Donkey:

--- Quote from: Oliver on April 22, 2013, 01:52:52 pm ---Kind of lost respect when three NBA greats decided to become Ring chasers by joining forces.  Especially Wade, since he's already proven he could win one without doing that. 

--- End quote ---

I understand that, and I kinda felt that way when it first came together, but isn't the whole purpose to win championships and have the best team possible?

If you're Chris Bosh, why wouldn't you leave Toronto for Miami and play with a real team for once? If you're LeBron James, why wouldn't you leave Cleveland and finally get some real help? I don't think those Cleveland teams he had were as bad as people make them out to be sometimes, but they clearly weren't good enough to win a championship and their FO keep sinking money into guys like Larry Hughes.

Oliver:

--- Quote from: cmpledger on April 22, 2013, 02:11:16 pm ---Lol you think Heat will only win 2 more? The reigns won't be "passed on" to the Thunder until Lebron retires. He could very well win the NBA title until he retires, he's that much better than the next closest guy.

--- End quote ---

Funny how he waited so long to start winning them.  Guess he was just lazy. 

And 250 lbs isn't an advantage anymore once you hit your early 30's.

cmpledger:

--- Quote from: Oliver on April 22, 2013, 02:15:15 pm ---Funny how he waited so long to start winning them.  Guess he was just lazy. 

And 250 lbs isn't an advantage anymore once you hit your early 30's.

--- End quote ---

His game wasn't complete until last year, when he finally started working the post. Now it is and will be near impossible to stop him or his team in a 7 game series

Oliver:

--- Quote from: Dogtown Donkey on April 22, 2013, 02:13:19 pm ---I understand that, and I kinda felt that way when it first came together, but isn't the whole purpose to win championships and have the best team possible?

If you're Chris Bosh, why wouldn't you leave Toronto for Miami and play with a real team for once? If you're LeBron James, why wouldn't you leave Cleveland and finally get some real help? I don't think those Cleveland teams he had were as bad as people make them out to be sometimes, but they clearly weren't good enough to win a championship and their FO keep sinking money into guys like Larry Hughes.

--- End quote ---

I realize you need help.  All great superstars do.  But Wade and LeBron were type A superstars.  They were supposed to look for "help" in the form of secondary stars.  Not other top 5 players.  I mean Bosh was easily a top 10 player when they first began.  Just disappointing to see such great talent not challenge themselves. 

It's kind of like picking basketball teams on the playground and giving the best player on the court the first five picks.  I mean sure he could pick the 5 best players on the court, but he should be better than that.

Oliver:

--- Quote from: cmpledger on April 22, 2013, 02:17:09 pm ---His game wasn't complete until last year, when he finally started working the post. Now it is and will be near impossible to stop him or his team in a 7 game series

--- End quote ---

In the short term, I agree completely.  He won't have his same game he has now in 4 years time. 

TomasPistola:

Been a Spurs fan since the David Robinson days. I'll be rooting for them, but OkC is gonna be tough to beat.

jbell96:

--- Quote from: Dogtown Donkey on April 22, 2013, 01:33:35 pm ---Why does everyone not like the Heat? Because they're the best team?

--- End quote ---

I respect the Heat, but I just don't like D-Wade. One of the sneakiest dirty players in the league.

jbell96:

--- Quote from: cmpledger on April 22, 2013, 02:11:16 pm ---Lol you think Heat will only win 2 more? The reigns won't be "passed on" to the Thunder until Lebron retires. He could very well win the NBA title until he retires, he's that much better than the next closest guy.

--- End quote ---

Lebron is going back to Cleveland when this deal is up so he can be the conquering hero. Just watch.

blacksuit:

I love the NBA but don't really have a team, which makes me part of a small minority among Arkansans. Lots of NBA haters in our state, and most that do watch cheer for a specific team, usually Lakers, Celtics, or Thunder. Maybe there are some Memphis fans out there but I haven't met many.

What am I watching for this year? LeBron is always a must-watch, he's one of the greatest players ever and is in his prime. Durant and Westbrook are also fun to watch, plus Chris Paul. I want to see how the second tier teams do in the playoffs, especially the Clippers and Pacers (Paul George triple double in game 1). Nets are intriguing with Deron Williams quietly playing really well late in the year. Injuries have hit the mid-range playoff teams pretty hard this year, which clears the way for a Thunder/Heat finals.

Cresthog:

--- End quote ---

Cuz Wade has turned into a huge punk since Lebron joined, the way Lebron left, Spolstra, Battier, Mike miller, Chalmers, and freakin' alien head bosh.

Seriously I despise EVERY player on that roster.

Cresthog:

--- Quote from: jbell96 on April 22, 2013, 03:14:26 pm ---I respect the Heat, but I just don't like D-Wade. One of the sneakiest dirty players in the league.

--- End quote ---

Agreed 100%. And one of the biggest floppers too.

The Heat flop hard. Really would LOVE to see them lose.

Cresthog:

--- Quote from: cmpledger on April 22, 2013, 02:17:09 pm ---His game wasn't complete until last year, when he finally started working the post. Now it is and will be near impossible to stop him or his team in a 7 game series

--- End quote ---

Really?

How about when he averaged 3 points in the 4th quarter against the Mavs? What happens if he does that again.

He's won ONE title. I'll wait until he's won at least 3 before I crown him truly unstoppable.

If one of those guys goes down they are in trouble.

Pages: (1/22) > >>

Go to full version