• 10,347,732 Posts
• 409,483 Topics
• 23,409 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18]   Go Down

Author Topic: What did you grill/Smoke this week???  (Read 79893 times)

thebignasty

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • I find your lack of faith... disturbing.
Re: What did you grill/Smoke this week???
« Reply #850 on: July 13, 2019, 05:20:43 pm »

I'm smoking 6 pork butts tomorrow and after using Plowboys Yardbird on my butts the past 6 years I'm gonna try something new. Saw Big Moe Cason's pork rub next to Plowboys at Academy Sorts and decided to give Moe a try. Have any of you tried it and if so what did ya think ? There are a limited amount of reviews with some loving it and some saying it is too peppery. I kind of like peppery so we'll see

I've bought his bbq sauce a couple of times.  I like the sauce.

ImHogginIt

« Reply #851 on: July 14, 2019, 09:48:21 am »

I'm smoking 6 pork butts tomorrow and after using Plowboys Yardbird on my butts the past 6 years I'm gonna try something new. Saw Big Moe Cason's pork rub next to Plowboys at Academy Sports and decided to give Moe a try. Have any of you tried it and if so what did ya think ? There are a limited amount of reviews with some loving it and some saying it is too peppery. I kind of like peppery so we'll see

As you can see from the pic there's a lot of pepper in it and it sure smelled and looked awful peppery when I was applying it. I did't go near as heavy as I go with Plowboys. We'll see what we got tonight I guess. I got a feeling mixed with Sweet Baby Ray's sauce it will blend really well on a sammich

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

ImHogginIt

« Reply #852 on: July 14, 2019, 07:41:40 pm »

As you can see from the pic there's a lot of pepper in it and it sure smelled and looked awful peppery when I was applying it. I did't go near as heavy as I go with Plowboys. We'll see what we got tonight I guess. I got a feeling mixed with Sweet Baby Ray's sauce it will blend really well on a sammich

Verdict is in. It is a little on the peppery side to me. I'm not a big pepper guy but it was a nice robust flavor. The Sweet Baby Rays was excellent the way it blended with it. My wife loves pepper and thought it was very good. She didn't think it was too peppery at all.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 02:59:54 am by ImHogginIt »

Boarcephus

• Houston, hell no we ain't forgettin!!
« Reply #853 on: July 15, 2019, 03:55:28 pm »

We had friends over Saturday for our annual Bacon and Tomato Sandwich orgy and I made these peppers on the egg.  These things are great!  Also found a new whiskey. Put it in the freezer, put a little ice in a glass and pour it over and that's all you need. 

old hog

« Reply #854 on: July 16, 2019, 08:20:13 pm »

Ribeyes and grilled Mexican street corn.

ImHogginIt

« Reply #855 on: July 16, 2019, 11:52:41 pm »

We had friends over Saturday for our annual Bacon and Tomato Sandwich orgy and I made these peppers on the egg.  These things are great!  Also found a new whiskey. Put it in the freezer, put a little ice in a glass and pour it over and that's all you need.

The wife keeps her Blue Goose Vodka in the freezer. I ran out of rum the other night and finished off her vodka. That stuff is smooth just like drinking water. I'm currently grounded cause she wanted a drink Sunday and it was all gone  :(

Boarcephus

• Houston, hell no we ain't forgettin!!
« Reply #856 on: July 17, 2019, 06:39:45 am »

wanted a drink Sunday and it was all gone  :(

Been there and it's a shame.   :)  On a positive note, I found out not long ago that McAdoodles in Springdale is open on Sunday. I had thought it was a state law not to sell booze on Sunday but it's a city deal.  Now if I can get them to carry Brown Sugar Bourbon I'll be set because as of now, it's not sold in Arkansas and I have to road trip to Pineville, MO.

ua_hogs

« Reply #857 on: July 17, 2019, 10:34:22 am »

First attempt at tri tip over J4.  Was delicious and will be added to the rotation.  Ribs last weekend and reverse seared Ribeye last night!

PharmacistHog

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • The People’s Mod
« Reply #858 on: July 17, 2019, 11:50:29 am »

First attempt at tri tip over J4.  Was delicious and will be added to the rotation.  Ribs last weekend and reverse seared Ribeye last night!

Nice job.  Looks terrific!

Hog_Swanson

« Reply #859 on: July 17, 2019, 12:11:17 pm »

Been there and it's a shame.   :)  On a positive note, I found out not long ago that McAdoodles in Springdale is open on Sunday. I had thought it was a state law not to sell booze on Sunday but it's a city deal.  Now if I can get them to carry Brown Sugar Bourbon I'll be set because as of now, it's not sold in Arkansas and I have to road trip to Pineville, MO.
All Springdale stores sell on Sundays.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas