• 10,472,506 Posts
• 413,217 Topics
• 23,631 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28]   Go Down

Author Topic: SEC QB Controversy Thermometer  (Read 78640 times)

jbcarol

jbcarol

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

jbcarol

SugarHillGaHog

• Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Re: SEC QB Controversy Thermometer
« Reply #1354 on: August 26, 2019, 11:27:01 pm »

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/auburn-football/bo-nix-joey-gatewood-tigers-starting-quarterback-gus-malzahn-2019

Bo Nix

I've gotten so much ear full of Bo Nix you would think he invented Alabama White BBQ Sauce.  Auburn fans are pumped up.  I don't want to wish the kid to fail so I hope Gus has other issues with the bus.

\I've never tasted Alabama White BBQ Sauce
\\it doesn't sound good but maybe it is

jbcarol

« Reply #1355 on: August 27, 2019, 09:43:28 pm »

How likely is your favorite SEC team to change QBs in 2019?

Counting on a change
Arkansas: 75%
Chad Morris waited until Monday of game week to decide, or at least announce, that Ben Hicks won the starting job. If Hicks struggles, we know Nick Starkel is a ready, willing, veteran arm who is perfectly capable of nabbing the job. Given the personnel involved and the schedule they will face, you might be more likely to see 3 Razorback starting QBs this year than one.

Auburn: 60%
There are several things in play here —

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

« Reply #1360 on: September 08, 2019, 11:56:15 am »

Nick Starkel was zipping the 🏈 with such velocity that db's with 2 steps could not converge in time to disrupt the play.  Also he was much more adapt as a escape artist.

It wasn't like our Freshmen WR suddenly figured out how to get open during the 2nd half...the Ole Miss defense played bump & run because they had no respect for Hicks stretching the field, so it was essentially atleast 9 players hovering within 3 yds of the line of scrimmage the entire 1st half.

That alone crowds the running lanes allowing a player to simply shadow the QB.

Whaley was sent in as a extra blocker for 3rd & long.  Rakeem Boyd was having to dodge defender's 3 yds in his own backfield.  Our Offensive Line right now although improved is easily the worst in the SEC West. (not sure about the east).

At this very moment Nick Starkel is oozing with confidence heading into next weeks game vs pass happy Colorado State. (79 attempts in 2 games)

jbcarol

jbcarol

« Reply #1364 on: September 15, 2019, 01:16:07 pm »

Wilson: If you have any questions about Tennessee’s starting quarterback situation, Jeremy Pruitt wants you to know he doesn’t share them.

“He deserves to be our quarterback,” Pruitt said. “He has outplayed everybody.”

Jarrett Guarantano had a remarkably efficient afternoon, bouncing back from two subpar outings to open the season for the Vols (1-2). He completed 7 of 8 passes for 142 yards.

ALLVOL

« Reply #1365 on: September 15, 2019, 02:06:54 pm »

There is no QB controversy in Ktown

jbcarol

« Reply #1367 on: September 17, 2019, 05:45:37 pm »

jbcarol

« Reply #1368 on: September 21, 2019, 02:55:33 pm »

Großer Kriegschwein

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Smile!!! We’re earnin this season....

jbcarol

« Reply #1370 on: September 21, 2019, 03:33:20 pm »

Gatewood in for Nix for Auburn v. A&M

jbcarol

« Reply #1371 on: September 21, 2019, 03:40:15 pm »

Joyner in at QB for SC

jbcarol

« Reply #1372 on: October 05, 2019, 08:47:02 am »

jbcarol

« Reply #1373 on: October 08, 2019, 02:19:39 pm »

Why now is the perfect time for Tennessee to be all in with Brian Maurer … and not a ‘sixth man’

The question is, does Jeremy Pruitt know it?

Everyone with a pair of eyeballs and a pulse could have watched Saturday night and seen that yes, the Brian Maurer era is here. At least it should be.

If there were ever a time for players, a coaching staff and a fan base to get behind a true freshman quarterback, now is it. That means letting Maurer succeed and fail with every snap possible, and not using Jarrett Guarantano as a “sixth man” like he was Saturday against Georgia.

When Pruitt went on “SEC Nation” ahead of Saturday’s game and announced that’s what Guarantano’s role would be, you could hear the collective groan across Knoxville.

“Well, I want to start with Jarrett Guarantano. First of all, this guy is a guy that I believe in,” Pruitt said during his appearance on the show before Saturday’s game. “He had a really good spring, fall camp — along with a lot of the players on our team. We’ve not executed exactly at the level that we want to be at. To me, I look at it kind of like a basketball shooter. You got a hot shooter that’s not making shots, you put him on the bench and let him be the sixth man. Jarrett Guarantano’s going to play today.

“But Brian Maurer is a guy that has worked hard. He’s a really good athlete, so we’re going to give him an opportunity to see what he does to start the game.”

I get it. Pruitt is trying to do right by someone who has said and done all the right things in his program. Few have endured as much as Guarantano.

I'm no rocket scientist but maybe Josh Dobbs

jbcarol

« Reply #1374 on: October 09, 2019, 04:02:39 pm »

Why Ole Miss appears to have given the keys to QB John Rhys Plumlee

It appears this will be Plumlee’s team moving forward, with a few caveats. He will have to improve throwing the football. While he has been fantastic in orchestrating the Rich Rodriguez offense, the passing game has not been one of his bright spots.

Let’s be honest, when you rush for 413 yards as a team and dominate defensively like the Rebels did, there is no need for a passing game.

Mizzou has the #2 total defense in our nation.

jbcarol

jbcarol

« Reply #1376 on: October 20, 2019, 08:35:26 pm »

Where every SEC QB ranks in ESPN’s QBR after Week 8

Tua Tagovailoa, Alabama, 95.6 (1)
Joe Burrow, LSU, 93.3 (4)
Kyle Trask, Florida, 80.0 (10)
Jake Fromm, Georgia, 74.3 (24)
Garrett Shrader, Mississippi State, 71.7 (31)
Kellen Mond, Texas A&M, 71.4 (32)
Kelly Bryant, Missouri, 67.7 (44)
John Rhys Plumlee, Ole Miss, 64.1 (56)
Bo Nix, Auburn, 62.3 (61)
Sawyer Smith, Kentucky, 57.9 (73)
Jarrett Guarantano, Tennessee, 56.6 (75)
Ryan Hilinski, South Carolina, 54.6 (82)
Matt Corral, Ole Miss, 51.1 (93)
Nick Starkel, Arkansas, 46.1 (99)
Ben Hicks, Arkansas, 43.1 (107)
Riley Neal, Vanderbilt, 34.0 (121)
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas