• 10,570,174 Posts
• 416,080 Topics
• 23,903 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: McGee's past off field issues  (Read 6989 times)

ac360

Re: McGee's past off field issues
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2011, 10:54:18 pm »

Tulsa is............well, just Tulsa. It is the birthplace of Oral Roberts. Glad you're staying here Coach McGee.

ddhog

« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2011, 11:20:16 pm »

I hope that Coach McGee knows that the majority of Hog Fans support, appreciate  and wish  him the best for his future opportunities as a head coach. He has been nothing but a class act and a valuable addition to our coaching staff while he has been with the Hogs. Tulsa's loss is definitely our gain.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Dropkick

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • I'm somewhere in the middle
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2011, 11:38:39 pm »

Note to Tulsa: You fumbled this one and you will be sorry you missed this opportunity.

Steef

• Idylically living in the Valley of the Cats
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2011, 11:45:35 pm »

Oh, I don't care one wit about the past. McGee has proven himself as a coach, but he's more than proven himself as a MAN. I'll stand by his past and pony up the extra coin to the RF, is necessary, to prove it.

+1

HogInThaGrove

• Hogvillian
  • Life's a garden....dig it.
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2011, 02:27:32 am »

Hey, he could be an NFL coach and make foot fetish video's with his wife and then post them to youtube and freaky fetish websites.

Things could be worse Tulsa.  Thanks for the present, dumbarses.

ronmahony

• make no mistake, it's a reckoning. Doc Holiday
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2011, 06:59:03 am »

I think that's pretty sorry. You are hiring a coach, not a 20 year old kid. A coach that has proven himself to be a good man, as well as a good coach. I doubt there are too many peple that haven't made some kind of mistake when they were young. One thing I learned from my brother-in-law a long time ago. It's not a mistake if you learned from it. If you (Tulsa), have a problem with his past, fine. Just say you have decided on some one else and leave it at that. That would be the classy thing to do imo.

Nashville Fan

• Come on Hogs!
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2011, 07:59:13 am »

I wonder if ...

Tulsa tried to low ball on the offer because Coach McGee was a homer and they thought they had him in the bag.

Coach McGee says no. Tulsa interviews the second time and counters. The answer is still no and then the saving face comes in to prevent a negative from the turn down.

The outing of this reason seems more a negative than we could not reach an agreement statement.

The first and second interviews are not that puzzling considering most of the board at Tulsa would get DUIs after the office/family Christmas party if they were stopped. Maybe there was a lot of pressure to hire him and they want to offer someone else or show they at least interviewed a minority before hiring someone else.

Who know or who cares. I was afraid that we were going to lose a recruiting machine.

WPS.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 08:01:46 am by Nashville Fan »

Steef

• Idylically living in the Valley of the Cats
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2011, 08:05:03 am »

I'm very sorry if Coach M has in any way been hurt by this. Since becoming a Hog, he has conducted himself with class and I'm PROUD he's wearing our colors.

And thankful to have him.

And hopeful...and confident...that his future remains bright...regardless of this incident with Tulsa.

Coach, you'll get your own gig soon. Inevitable. Meantime, the Hogs are better for you being here.

buckhawg

« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2011, 10:30:55 am »

Time and living a life that proves that you've changed are important to forgiveness.  He also suffered the consequences of his actions by being forced out of Arizona State and having to transfer to a JUCO.

Players that break the rules today should imitate McGee; suffer the consequences and move on to become better people.

Totally agree, so let us give people a chance and some time before we crucify them even if they are not razorbacks.

The Galloping Ghost

• Hogvillian
  • Every football player knows when his time is up
« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2011, 12:04:10 pm »

Buckhawg...living above the noise.

+1 Sir.

You will never convince the lunatic fringe that dwell here though.

labmanok

« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2011, 08:25:18 pm »

Sports by Brooks has said that Coach McGee's past off field issues concerned Tulsa and that they back away from him.

Anyone know what his issues were?

SportsBrook does not know what he's talking about. If he was so wrong about their new Coach, Blakenship, then you have to question him & his sources don't you?.

"So where does Tulsa go from here? The school interviewed current TU assistant Bill Blankenship Wednesday but I’ve been told his chances of getting the job are slim to none. More likely Upham and Cunningham will now hit the reset button and, if they’re smart, up the embarrassingly low salary they previously budgeted for the job."

Not the most accurate of reporting is it?  FYI - There were hundreds of Union HS supporters who flooded TU athletic office with emails over McGee's offense when he was 18 yrs old.  It was to bolster Blankenship's chance to get the job.  What TU is wanting to pay their coach, and as importantly assistant coaches, is why no top assistant coach will do anything but cut bait and run.  TU got Blankenship and he may be their man for years to come.  TU has put a good football team on the field with an exciting brand of ball. They have a solid team coming back that should be better than last year. They cannot get 20,000 people to a game outside of OSU or OU.

Acorn hog

« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2011, 08:17:16 am »

He is a fantastic person, we are fortunate to have him at UofA.

texas tush hog

« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2011, 08:29:04 am »

He is a fantastic person, we are fortunate to have him at UofA.

Totally agree, I was scared to death he was going to leave. He is the perfect complement to CBP, maybe even more so than Paul was. Spent a long time with him two years ago at the GDRC golf tourney and banquet that followed and kinda got a look into the man's soul, so to speak. I don't care what he has done in the past, just what he is now. A first class individual and glad to have him, as long as we are fortunate enough to keep him. Tulsa's loss or ignorance is our gain.

immahog

• All-American Hogvillian
  • being GREAT
« Reply #63 on: January 16, 2011, 09:20:40 am »

yea so what we all have done something in our past .....I'm positive tulsa AD has done somethings in his past as well
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas