• 10,639,274 Posts
• 417,268 Topics
• 24,436 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Laughing my arse off....this is hilarious!  (Read 4406 times)

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Nadine Coyle shakin it for the Hogs!!!!
Laughing my arse off....this is hilarious!
« on: November 25, 2009, 12:15:59 pm »

PETA suggests animatronic Uga
From The Sporting News:

PETA has a suggestion for Georgia and its mascot replacement (Uga VII died last week).

The organization says Georgia could use an "animatronic dog" or a person in a Bulldog costume, WGAU 1340-AM in Athens reported.

PETA sent its suggestion to Georgia athletic director Damon Evans, according to WGAU.

The e-mail reads: "It is time for the university to put an end to the cycle of suffering endured by dogs who are brought into the world solely to represent the school's 'brand.' "

How funny is this? Mods...feel free to move this whenever you deem appropriate. I just thought it was hilarious.

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
Re: Laughing my arse off....this is hilarious!
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 12:19:50 pm »

They will be after us next with the plans in the works to run a Tusk offspring out on the field.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

AndrewGene

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 12:22:45 pm »

I guarantee you that Uga was taken care of better than 90% of the bulldogs out there. PETA is ridiculous sometimes.  I like animals just as much as the next guy and I think PETA has its place but they should learn where to draw the line.

Cassperr

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 12:23:10 pm »

I read that earlier on a different message board and laughed. Im sure Mr. Evans canned it pronto.

chortle

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • A little Sooie now and then...
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 12:26:45 pm »

I guarantee you that Uga was taken care of better than 90% of the bulldogs out there. PETA is ridiculous sometimes.  I like animals just as much as the next guy and I think PETA has its place but they should learn where to draw the line.

Beat me to it.

If anyone at PETA took two minutes to do any kind of research, they would likely find that UGA is taken care of like royalty.

So what if for three hours every Saturday, for twelve weeks out of the year he gets to go work a college football game. There ain't many dogs in the world that get that luxury.

NWAFellows

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2009, 12:32:45 pm »

The robotic dog suggestion is just idiotic but there is a point to be made about inbreeding and Uga's lineage.

That line has some serious health issues starting to crop up, but as someone who lives in Georgia I'm telling you these fans will not have anything else as their mascot. They actually get angry when you suggest having a bulldog that's bred outside the line to help with the health problems. Someone actually said to me this week "if the bulldog is not [a direct descendent of Uga] it's not our mascot."

They're going to bred that dog so stupid it'll drown in its own slobber during a game. 

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2009, 12:36:26 pm »

PETA needs to take a hike. On the other hand, if they would like for me to help with the PETA shoot for Megan Fox.."I'd rather be naked than wear fur", I'll be a staunch supporter....for the time being. ;)

Mark Lericos

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2009, 12:37:05 pm »

Everytime I think PETA has outdone themselves, they go and 1-UP things, like it's Super Mario Bros.

Classic.

idochog

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2009, 12:42:08 pm »

PETA is purely a political organization.  A fringe organization.  The Humane society is the one that really cares about the animals

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2009, 01:17:50 pm »

PETA is purely a political organization.  A fringe organization.  The Humane society is the one that really cares about the animals

I agree totally.....but this is still hilarious. A mechanical dog to take the place of Uga? Ha, ha, ha, ha.......they are absolutely ridiculous.

1highhog

• Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat.
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2009, 01:21:41 pm »

Where does PETA have it's place?

010HogFan

• "Wait Till Next Year!"
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2009, 01:21:42 pm »

HAHAHAHA that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. That dog was treated like a king. If PETA really wanted to do something productive, they'd worry about all the animals suffering on the streets and in animal shelters, not the most famous dog in football.

IronHog

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2009, 01:22:16 pm »

From The Sporting News:

PETA has a suggestion for Georgia and its mascot replacement (Uga VII died last week).

The organization says Georgia could use an "animatronic dog" or a person in a Bulldog costume, WGAU 1340-AM in Athens reported.

PETA sent its suggestion to Georgia athletic director Damon Evans, according to WGAU.

The e-mail reads: "It is time for the university to put an end to the cycle of suffering endured by dogs who are brought into the world solely to represent the school's 'brand.' "

How funny is this? Mods...feel free to move this whenever you deem appropriate. I just thought it was hilarious.

What would dogs do if they don't

Hunt

Pets

PETA=idiots

The Marmot

• Gold Hogvillian
  • He's still pissed off.
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2009, 01:23:49 pm »

From The Sporting News:

UGA is one of the most spoiled dogs on the planet.

PETA = media whores

elksnort

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2009, 01:23:55 pm »

I though so to. I have given to the USHS for years. Now I am just giving to the local Humane Society. I think that the USHS might be just about as bad as PETA. Although this would be hard, PETA is rediculous.

hogdiggity

« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2009, 01:28:57 pm »

Other than some beautiful women with almost nothing on, PETA is useless.  Anyone that would give money to than bunch of idiots is a bigger idiot than the organization.  I believe in treating animals fairly but they are just rediculous with thier claims/beliefs. 

hawgcaller

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2009, 01:37:17 pm »

When I hear of PETA, it makes me want to kill something, skin it, and make a fur coat. And I don't even hunt!  Those folks are idiots.

LuckyGiraffe

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2009, 01:43:20 pm »

The robotic dog suggestion is just idiotic but there is a point to be made about inbreeding and Uga's lineage.

That line has some serious health issues starting to crop up, but as someone who lives in Georgia I'm telling you these fans will not have anything else as their mascot. They actually get angry when you suggest having a bulldog that's bred outside the line to help with the health problems. Someone actually said to me this week "if the bulldog is not [a direct descendent of Uga] it's not our mascot."

They're going to bred that dog so stupid it'll drown in its own slobber during a game. 

UGA VII had not been bred yet.  This will be the first time that the new UGA will not be a direct descendant of the previous UGA.  I don't believe that the bitch is of the same bloodlines as UGA.  I don't think Seiler would be that irresponsible.  It will be interesting to see if they go back and have one of UGA VII's 'brothers' be the new mascot.

Boarcephus

• Houston, hell no we ain't forgettin!!
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2009, 01:48:43 pm »

He's probably better taken care of than 90% of the kids in this country.  That dog is pampered like no othe animal I know of.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas