• 10,328,343 Posts
• 419,686 Topics
• 25,008 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Palmero on roids but not Sosa?  (Read 1289 times)

HaWg 10

Palmero on roids but not Sosa?
« on: August 09, 2005, 04:23:09 pm »

how can a player such as Palmero get snitched on by the orioles to MLB when sammy sosa is on the same club and having a worse season.  why would the O's want to take a shot at the better player (as of this yr.)? its all to obvious the the HR power guys of this era were and i guess are still on roids.. why can't MLB get the big names? now, i have heard that what they found in RP might have been a trace of somthing he took before the league made the rule.. coulda been somthing like Andro that was legal until this yr..

also i don't think this does anything to RP hall of fame status other than maybe make him 2nd ballot rather than 1st ballot.

Kinghog1

• Varsity
  • Your site for Razorback news.
Re: Palmero on roids but not Sosa?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2005, 01:39:47 am »

For somebody that has been taking steroids he sure isn't very big.........Now all he has is hemorrhoids

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

mikeb

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2005, 10:38:49 am »

how can a player such as Palmero get snitched on by the orioles to MLB when sammy sosa is on the same club and having a worse season. why would the O's want to take a shot at the better player (as of this yr.)? its all to obvious the the HR power guys of this era were and i guess are still on roids.. why can't MLB get the big names? now, i have heard that what they found in RP might have been a trace of somthing he took before the league made the rule.. coulda been somthing like Andro that was legal until this yr..

also i don't think this does anything to RP hall of fame status other than maybe make him 2nd ballot rather than 1st ballot.
What he took was winstrol and that is a injectable steroid for the most part meaning he knew what he was taking. Oh and RP will not make the Hall of Fame.......Bet the farm on that.

Rocky&Boarwinkle

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2005, 12:30:08 pm »

I say it's 50/50 and depends on if they catch Bonds, or Sosa or anybody else like that.  I wouldn't bet the farm on it, but I will say it would be unlikely.  He was a good offensive player, but his reputation as a defender is not stellar.

mikeb

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2005, 12:41:28 pm »

I say it's 50/50 and depends on if they catch Bonds, or Sosa or anybody else like that. I wouldn't bet the farm on it, but I will say it would be unlikely. He was a good offensive player, but his reputation as a defender is not stellar.
It took how many years for those offensive #'s????? sub par player that played a long time. He only made the all-star team 4X.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2005, 01:01:33 pm by mikeb »

Rocky&Boarwinkle

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2005, 01:02:53 pm »

There are lots of guys that played a long time to get their stats.  Niekro, Brett, Carlton, Ryan, etc.  I don't think the performance level merits hall of fame, but I have seen several get passed by and several voted in that I scratched my head about a bit.

mikeb

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2005, 01:12:48 pm »

There are lots of guys that played a long time to get their stats. Niekro, Brett, Carlton, Ryan, etc. I don't think the performance level merits hall of fame, but I have seen several get passed by and several voted in that I scratched my head about a bit.
I'm not disagreeing with any of that, but none of those guys have the steroid title.

Porquemada

Re: Palmeroid on roids but not Sosa?
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2005, 05:25:47 pm »

*nm*

Rocky&Boarwinkle

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2005, 05:28:24 pm »

please explain to this clueless wonder what *nm* means.  I've been wondering for months.

mikeb

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2005, 05:30:45 pm »

please explain to this clueless wonder what *nm* means. I've been wondering for months.
I think it's name in ** or something like that I may be wrong

Porquemada

Re: Palmeroid on roids but not Sosa?
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2005, 05:31:02 pm »

please explain to this clueless wonder what *nm* means.  I've been wondering for months.
No message. I use it when I change the subject line, but really have nothing to say about the subject. :D I just changed "Palmero" to "Palmeroid".

mikeb

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2005, 05:33:19 pm »

No message. I use it when I change the subject line, but really have nothing to say about the subject. :D I just changed "Palmero" to "Palmeroid".
Funny

Porquemada

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2005, 06:06:21 pm »

Funny
I can't take credit for it though. It was from an e-mail on the Jim Rome Show.

mikeb

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2005, 09:14:51 pm »

Funny
I got a Friend who says I'm Jim Rome's twin brother.........I really haven't figured what he's talking about......LOL

Rocky&Boarwinkle

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2005, 09:49:21 pm »

Funny
I got a Friend who says I'm Jim Rome's twin brother.........I really haven't figured what he's talking about......LOL

You're way too short and hispanic looking. ;)

mikeb

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2005, 08:14:21 am »

please explain to this clueless wonder what *nm* means. I've been wondering for months.
Funny

You're way too short and hispanic looking. ;)
Now thats funny!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas