c
- 85 (38.5%)
d
- 36 (16.3%)
f
- 13 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 213

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: dick's grade  (Read 1733 times)

monticello_hog

dick's grade
« on: September 15, 2007, 10:16:14 pm »

what kind of grade do you give him

yraciv

Re: dick's grade
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2007, 10:17:25 pm »

Against expectations a B.  Against how a qb should perform in the SEC, a D.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

code3hawg

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2007, 10:18:18 pm »

Any idea of his stats.  I know he through for 3 TD's but not sure of % or yards

hogfan98

• Hogvillian
  • Agree to Disagree
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2007, 10:19:46 pm »

with the exception of the beginning of the game, i don't think he was that bad.  i'll take it every week.

Zen_Hog

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2007, 10:19:56 pm »

Any idea of his stats.  I know he through for 3 TD's but not sure of % or yards

He was like 10/25. something like taht.

Corganist

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2007, 10:20:27 pm »

Solid B. Would have been better if his receivers had helped him out just a little bit,

chortle

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • A little Sooie now and then...
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2007, 10:20:32 pm »

One day some of you will realize Casey's ineptness is not all his fault.

When he is relegated to only throwing on third and 10+ with one or two wideouts into double coverage, he isn't going to be great.

Hell, you could put Peyton Manning in that position and throwing to the likes of Reggie Fish and he would stink it up. Although now that I think about it, he would be smart enough to check out of that play and into a good one. But you get my point.

Dirty

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2007, 10:21:27 pm »

Needs to put 4 inch lifts in his shoes so they won't tip his passes.  I gave him a C.

Bohawg

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2007, 10:21:49 pm »

He really didn't do that bad.  He is a fair quarterback which should do fine with the weapons he has.  The problem is the play calling and fundamentals of some of the receivers is pathetic.

razorbackcaller

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2007, 10:21:54 pm »

Casey just does not know how to win.

LTHogCaller2020

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2007, 10:22:21 pm »

b, a if he would have checked out of the assanine 3rd down play call by the coaches

code3hawg

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2007, 10:22:31 pm »

Solid B. Would have been better if his receivers had helped him out just a little bit,

Thats no joke.  the crawford fumble.  Reggie Fish is open on the slant and problably scores if he catches the ball. 

Dirty

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2007, 10:24:12 pm »

Fish will never have a TD at Arkansas.

SquirrelMasterFunk

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Seacrest Out!!
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2007, 10:24:18 pm »

D

His ineptitude caused HDN to run DMAC into the ground, forcing him to sit out the most important part of the game.

ArkansasI

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2007, 10:24:23 pm »

You are right on chortle.  And what is up with London Crawford?  There is obviously something wrong with this kid or they would get him more involved.  If his hands are that bad, they should convert him to cornerback.

hogginbama

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2007, 10:26:27 pm »

Fish will never have a TD at Arkansas.

But it is just so special watching him nip at the ankles of the DB's that he is blocking down field. Reminds me of a little yorky when he is out there.

rzrbcks2120

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2007, 10:27:20 pm »

Fish should not be a starting wide receiver.. especially in the SEC. How Crawford managed to fumble that ball I'll never know. This is the type of stuff that absolutely kills me. Dick starts playing well and what do we do? Start dropping balls and fumbling.

mword

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2007, 10:27:30 pm »

b - I was just shocked how he played today. The way he played in the beginning is what I thought he'd play the entire game.

UAfan

• Hogvillian
  • Forget it, He's on a roll.
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2007, 10:28:28 pm »

definitely a b...his receivers blew it for him tonight.

judgeroyswine

• Build me a QB, or else!
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2007, 10:30:11 pm »

This is exactly what I predicted.  Halfway thru the Kentucky game next week, HDN will yank him and Nathan will come in and light it up.  And we will all wonder why he wasn't playing from day one.

press ham

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2007, 10:30:29 pm »

b. he kept us in it, rather than cost us the game. if he would have checked into a run play on the last play, i would give an him an a.

The Copenhagen Kid

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2007, 10:30:41 pm »

high C, maybe a low B with the 3 touchdowns.

darth sooie

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2007, 10:30:52 pm »

I hate to call out a college student but for him to throw that pass on third down when the guy isn't open is an F for the night and a F for the year. Of course, he can raise that grade with W's but he takes the blame as much as nutt for making such a stupid throw.

Styflin

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2007, 10:31:08 pm »

CD had a good game.  The WR play really hurt the team.

Sowabunga

« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2007, 10:31:44 pm »

I thought Casey sucked it up during the first quarter, but then he settled down and did as well as could be expected in view of the coaching.  

I was at home watching the game and my husband was listening to it on the radio as he was making his way home from squirrel hunting.  When he walked in the house near the end of the first quarter he was talking about what a great game Casey was having.  He wasn't being facetious either, he was dead serious.  I just looked at him like he was insane.  He said the radio guys were singing Casey praises.  Was my husband listening to the wrong game or where they really talking about what a great job he was doing in the first quarter?

bythelake

« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2007, 10:32:41 pm »

The dropped pass by Fish and the catch/fumble by crawford were killers.  Still can't get my arms around those plays.   

Bottom line.  You have some players making plays and you have some that don't.  Sorry, as much as I  like Fish, He has to be put on the sidelines. 

Can't wait for the Warren players to come on board. 

Go Hogs, I will be in the stands at the Kentucky game hoping that our defense can figure out some kind of pass protection scheme.

I really believe that the DBs learned a lot tonight.  Hope we can learn and grow from this game. 

Kevin

• Gold Hogvillian
  • RIP LILY, WE MISS YOU DEARLY
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2007, 10:33:05 pm »

a junior does not throw that third down pass.  yes, put in a bad call by our coach but eat that ball.

stronguard

• And remember, I said with all due respect.....
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2007, 10:33:36 pm »

CD is a Sun Belt caliber QB.  He cannot make proper reads and he lacks arm strength as well as foot speed.  Anyone who cannot see this is not intelligent enough to understand football.

Seems like a nice kid, but so was Doogie Howser and I don't want HIM as our QB either.

bfosh

« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2007, 10:34:04 pm »

b. he kept us in it, rather than cost us the game. if he would have checked into a run play on the last play, i would give an him an a.

or tucked the ball and ran when he saw there were 2 guys around the receiver...

razorkev

« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2007, 10:34:24 pm »

Against expectations a B.  Against how a qb should perform in the SEC, a D.

Since this is the SEC...i gave him a D

hogchic2001

« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2007, 10:35:10 pm »

I gave him a B-.....

Pigmund Freud

« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2007, 10:36:09 pm »

Why is Fish even on the field ?? Does anyone know ??

Monk-N-Dunk

• Senior
  • Who would win in a fight, McFadden or a Hurricane?
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2007, 10:40:01 pm »

Why is Fish even on the field ?? Does anyone know ??

I wonder that too, there is no reason he should be our starting flanker/wide out....even if he could jump out of the roof or run crisp routes he is no concern to SEC caliber corners.

HenduHog

• Razorbacks: Hostile and mobile
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2007, 10:40:43 pm »

One day some of you will realize Casey's ineptness is not all his fault.

When he is relegated to only throwing on third and 10+ with one or two wideouts into double coverage, he isn't going to be great.

Hell, you could put Peyton Manning in that position and throwing to the likes of Reggie Fish and he would stink it up. Although now that I think about it, he would be smart enough to check out of that play and into a good one. But you get my point.

You know, I watched that interview. And seeing your avatar with the Nuttsters hand wringing in fast motion is just freaky.

hogblade

« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2007, 10:40:46 pm »

Casey Dick played great for Casey Dick.. but as an SEC QB he played a mediocre game. Look at the boxscore for the other SEC QB's this week. Woodson, Tebow, JPW, Perrilloux(LSU backup), Ainge, Stafford,Blake Mitchell had a bad day for his standards and he still for a better PCT and 3 TDS. Heck Kodi Burns in his first action had a better pct game.

but, Dick wasn't why we lost today. I'll leave that to Hooten and Herring.

Qbackinman

« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2007, 10:41:46 pm »

I gave him a B but with a minus. For one thing after the first few minutes he exceeed expectations and the dropped passes and fumble with no one within 10 yards of the player isn't his fault.

Mr. Porkleone

« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2007, 10:42:38 pm »

Casey Dick played great for Casey Dick.. but as an SEC QB he played a mediocre game. Look at the boxscore for the other SEC QB's this week. Woodson, Tebow, JPW, Perrilloux(LSU backup), Ainge, Stafford,Blake Mitchell had a bad day for his standards and he still for a better PCT and 3 TDS. Heck Kodi Burns in his first action had a better pct game.

but, Dick wasn't why we lost today. I'll leave that to Hooten and Herring.

D....Caseys not a SEC QB...After 10 years, this is the best we can do.... :puke:

3kgthog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Don't PM me. I never read them.
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2007, 10:42:40 pm »

His reads are still bad, his telegraphing and slow handoff technique is still there, arm is still weak, and he continues to stare down receivers and throw into double coverage. I gave him a C simply for the screen to Hillis at the end and the PA fake earlier in the game. Other than that he was sailing balls, throwing them in the dirt, and just daring Bama to intercept one and take it to the house.

Sao Ming

« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2007, 10:49:23 pm »

I want to hear from the morons who gave him D's and F's.  You guys have zero clue.

kennedy

« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2007, 10:55:59 pm »

3kgt...

About the handoffs of Casey...I just watched part of the USC/Nebraska game...

John David Booty hands off exactly the same way Casey Dick does.

I believe you will see Mitch Mustain handing off like this when he plays.

Casey played fine. The 3rd down pass was a terrible call. His receivers did not help him when they dropped the ball. CD should have run the ball or changed the play on that 3rd down play.

HawgWyld

• You're from Arkansas, too? Which street?
    • Nobles Law Firm
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2007, 11:00:13 pm »

I want to hear from the morons who gave him D's and F's.  You guys have zero clue.
Really? A "D" sounds about right, considering his wild passes, inability to notice when receivers are covered, weak arm and knack of telegraphing exactly what he's about to do. Dick is a below-average QB in the SEC. Period.

Maybe it's coaching, lack of ability or a combination thereof. Who knows? However, it's pretty obvious that every team the Hogs face this year won't worry a whole lot if they put the team in a third and long situation. Not good.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 11:16:29 pm by HawgWyld »

discombobulationist

« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2007, 11:07:46 pm »

He didn't lose the game for us, and he had us in a position to win until N*TT decided to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. I'd give him a good, solid B+.

hogsanity

• Gold Hogvillian
  • You like my stripes, I know you do.
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2007, 11:12:40 pm »

I gotta go with B.  HE hits Fish on the slant and if Fish hangs on it is a TD.  Crawford is running in WIDEOPEN space and just drops the ball. 

Razorbrett

« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2007, 11:13:41 pm »

Casey played his heart out tonight.  I thought the passing game in general showed improvement with the exception of some obvious reciever blunders.  DMac carried the load of the work during the comeback.  But Casey played with poise and showed some leadership.  I gave him a B, would've been an A without the first quarter and 3rd down pass.  But he's showing improvement.

T2 RZB

« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2007, 11:16:03 pm »

B -
Started badly
Settled in, looked relaxed, performed better

blu

« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2007, 11:16:04 pm »

I gave him a B. After the first quarter he looked better - more comfortable and relaxed, than any QB we've had since MJ. He made some good passes and generally hit the receivers when they were open. His decision making when they weren't open needs some work, but he'll get better at that as the season rolls on. We impressed some folks with our comeback tonight. Our offense is going to be very good with the addition of Monk in a few weeks. We need to continue to use our TE, and get the ball to Tuck and Johnson and not give up on Crawford either. I see us beating KY by a couple TDs. 

kart17fast

« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2007, 11:16:58 pm »

We have bigger problems than CD.CD did a respectable job tonight.We have no defense!!!God we suck.

Sao Ming

« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2007, 11:19:00 pm »

Really? A "D" sounds about right, considering his wild passes, inability to notice when receivers are covered, weak arm and knack of telegraphing exactly what he's about to do. Dick is a below-average QB in the SEC. Period.

Really?  Are you factoring the 4, yes 4 drops on his stat line?  And if you need to go back and watch, be my guest. 

Passing                   
 Arkansas Comp Att Yds Pct Y/A Sack YdsL TD Int 
 C. Dick 11 23 140 47.8 6.1 0 0 3 1

4 more completions from those drops gets him a minimum of 60 more yards contingent on how far Fish goes (to the house).  Think Crawford wishes he had a do over?  Does HDN allow him to check out of third downs?  You've got no clue.  D...laughable.

samske

• Senior
  • It's NOT the "Houston Nutt's"...it's "RAZORBACKS"
« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2007, 11:20:03 pm »

C...he wasn't good...he wasn't bad...he pretty much did his job.  He had about 3 horrific throws and three that were on the money and a few unremarkable ones.  Pretty much average down the middle. 

Average isn't bad in our offense.

HawgWyld

• You're from Arkansas, too? Which street?
    • Nobles Law Firm
« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2007, 11:27:51 pm »

Really?  Are you factoring the 4, yes 4 drops on his stat line?  And if you need to go back and watch, be my guest. 

Passing                   
 Arkansas Comp Att Yds Pct Y/A Sack YdsL TD Int 
 C. Dick 11 23 140 47.8 6.1 0 0 3 1

4 more completions from those drops gets him a minimum of 60 more yards contingent on how far Fish goes (to the house).  Think Crawford wishes he had a do over?  Does HDN allow him to check out of third downs?  You've got no clue.  D...laughable.
That's actually a hoot. Someone defending Casey Dick's decidedly average play is accusing a critic of having "no clue."

Dick's just not very good. He wasn't very good tonight. He's average at best and not the type of QB who will hang in the SEC. We saw the same kid tonight we've seen all along -- he's erratic and prone to awful decisions. He'll toss some good passes here and there, sure. But, he'll wind up losing the Hogs a game or two as well.

Hey, if you don't want to grade him against the rest of the SEC, give the lad a "C," then. Feel better now?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas