• 10,399,986 Posts
• 411,062 Topics
• 23,495 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do you think McFadden will end up...  (Read 984 times)

twistitup

Do you think McFadden will end up...
« on: August 07, 2007, 12:53:25 pm »

being our QB for a majority of the season? It just seems that Casey is not meeting expectations. If he is still throwing the ball inaccurately at this point in his career; What will change?

If not Mcfadden, do you think Reader, Little Dick, or Emert will be the man....

Hollywood_HOGan45

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Hollywood could coach better than nutt.
Re: Do you think McFadden will end up...
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 12:55:41 pm »

that would be really embarrassing to have an all star tailback be your QB the majority of the time.

But whatever works and whatever wins games. We have a coach who cannot develop QBs or a decent passing game so we might not have a choice.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Huds_HawgTide

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 12:59:35 pm »

dick is better than we give him credit for he almost beat lsu in his freshman season...anyway emert or however you spell will be cause he sucks up to lee all the time he dates his daughter for crying out loud...and dale said he is the second best hander offer!

mtnmusic

• Senior
  • Who wants to live forever?
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 01:04:32 pm »

Tophawgwatcher, I believe Emert now dates Lee's daughter on a 24/7 basis since they recently got married.

HawgWildInTheRok

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 01:05:39 pm »

you havent even seen casey play this season he could come back looking like colt brennahan

Huds_HawgTide

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2007, 01:20:47 pm »

I FORGOT ABOUT THAT THATS WORSE HE WILL PROBABLY GET THE NOD AGAINST TROY THAN!!!

jst01

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2007, 01:23:18 pm »

I FORGOT ABOUT THAT THATS WORSE HE WILL PROBABLY GET THE NOD AGAINST TROY THAN!!!

im not sure how to respond to that but...  he's been practicing for 3 days and everyone wants to dump him now.  give him a chance and then worry. 

abraHAM_lincoln

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2007, 01:26:21 pm »

being our QB for a majority of the season? It just seems that Casey is not meeting expectations. If he is still throwing the ball inaccurately at this point in his career; What will change?

IMO, After the Bama Game I think we go to a McFadden (ALA Matt Jones) offense with an injection of Casey Dick thrown in on an occasional down or 2....  Nutt will again try to incorporate another 2 headed QB like he tried with Jones and Sorahan.

oldbooniehog

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Testing...testing
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2007, 01:29:12 pm »

I have predicted several times on this board, going all the way back to Feb. 2006 that at some point this season, DMac will become the de facto QB.

Dick might "start" the game, and be called "the starting QB," but I predict that at some point, the real QB will become DMac as Nutt chooses to rely more and more and more on the Single Wing Radar Option Wild Catty Hog thing.

If Dick gets hurt........well.................

obh

Eric Cartman

• Varsity
  • You will respect my authoritah!!
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2007, 01:29:55 pm »

"Little Dick"?

lol, i don't know how to address this, but all im going to say is i think you meant "younger Dick" because Nathan is taller.
lets try to avoid that phrase ;)

cbjagman

• Your site for Razorback news.
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2007, 01:34:10 pm »

you havent even seen casey play this season he could come back looking like colt brennahan
Now that's funny right there, I don't care what you say!!!!!

RanSolo

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2007, 01:40:25 pm »

how's casey been doing in practice??  It's hard to find any reports on practice wout of state that aren't more about hdn than anything else.

Boog41

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2007, 02:02:52 pm »

Here is what someone thinks that probably has forgotten more football than the rest of us ever knew.

http://www.kfsm.com/Global/story.asp?S=6797585&nav=menu151_3

StoernerJonesFan

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2007, 02:07:44 pm »

I think if Casey gets hurt or just cant get the job done, we will see more wildcat/hog...but you have to understand, we have a half-dozen backups.  Surely ONE of them can hand the ball decently enough to Jones/DMac or toss a screen pass to Hillis.

SteelShot

• Senior
  • You're a daisy if you do.
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2007, 02:08:17 pm »

I think that McFadden will get the majority of the snaps at QB before its all said and done unless Casey improves by a 100%.   

I remember at the end of the SEC championship game, when we had to complete a pass to move the ball and score quickly, Nutt let DMAC pass the ball instead of Casey or Mustain.  Thats shows you how much confidence he has in our QBS.  DMAC is for all purposes QB 1A for us.   

rljjr

« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2007, 02:09:15 pm »

I hope he's used effectively, but he can't be the full time QB. It will diminish his ability to run the ball, which is what he does best.

StoernerJonesFan

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2007, 02:15:18 pm »

Stoerner said he keeps up with what is happening with the Razorbacks but mostly stays away from the Broyles Center because he does not want to get into their business.

Not getting in other people's business...hmm, maybe some of our higher ups in the BAC should take after this example...

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

• Hogville Resident DJ
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2007, 02:20:29 pm »

He will be overused and will be largely ineffective because they will run the WildBragg whenever Dale starts his nail-chewing nervousness and wants to just keep it close instead of passing the ball when they expect a run.  It will be the same, boring, predictable offense.

Dmac won't win the Heisman and we won't win more than 7 games.  Then the excuses will start, the "it is hard to repeat a championship year and 10 wins, teams are gunnin' for ya", more bs from Dale.

These are dark times, my fellow Hog fans.

Theolesnort

• Global Moderator
  • Hogvilles own thread killa
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2007, 02:23:26 pm »

Don't put to much stock in the critics both pro and con on how a certain player is doing. Casey is doing fine and will continue to do so. For sure he is much more confident than he was last year coming off a injury and being thrown in like he was. I've been watching practice and the thing at qb that I like is the leap forward Emert has made. He is throwing smoother and with greater velocity than last year. What a difference a year makes. What really has me revved up is the speed and quickness of the defense. I've never seen anything like it since the 60's when everyone was smaller. Even the defensive linemen seemed quick and fast. However when they put the pads on it might slow them down considerably. I hope not. In these drills in the passing game the defense knows they are going to pass and so they are on the receivers like ugly on a ape. The coaches are looking at more than if the pass was perfect but if the qb went through his reads properly and such. When they put on the pads and mix the run into the equation then we will be able to judge the qb play a little better. To many people are looking for perfection to early.

TransAmHawg

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2007, 02:26:15 pm »

Would that make Casey the "Big Dick"?

We won't know from game to game. You know how ol' quick trigger Nutt works.

chortle

• A little Sooie now and then...
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2007, 02:31:09 pm »

He will be overused and will be largely ineffective because they will run the WildBragg whenever Dale starts his nail-chewing nervousness and wants to just keep it close instead of passing the ball when they expect a run.  It will be the same, boring, predictable offense.

Dmac won't win the Heisman and we won't win more than 7 games.  Then the excuses will start, the "it is hard to repeat a championship year and 10 wins, teams are gunnin' for ya", more bs from Dale.

These are dark times, my fellow Hog fans.

WildBragg. Frickin' awesome.

StoernerJonesFan

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2007, 03:20:46 pm »

Would that make Casey the "Big Dick"?

We won't know from game to game. You know how ol' quick trigger Nutt works.
We could burn all of our redshirts in a matter of 2 or 3 games...

piggingout

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2007, 03:24:54 pm »

Casey may be the wose qb i've seen in a while.  I don't even know who Emert is.  So we go from starting the #1 overall player in high school to Casey Dick.  I would love to see us go to the shotgun formation and let Mcfadden run the offense like Vince Young ran Texas' offense.  Better then watching Casey throwing passes in the ground and bleachers.

piggingout

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2007, 03:25:09 pm »

sorry..."worst"

atekido

« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2007, 03:30:04 pm »

indeed tophawgwatcher just shut up when you dont know what you talking about.  for one emert is married to her now i belive. and Emert was a walk on with the backs before lee was ever though of.  he doesnt need to suck up.  only person sucking up is mabe casey to nutt.  i think emert is better than casey in all aspects.  emert will be the QB when nutt realizes casey isnt doing so hot.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

• Hogville Resident DJ
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2007, 03:32:55 pm »

Casey may be the wose qb i've seen in a while.  I don't even know who Emert is.  So we go from starting the #1 overall player in high school to Casey Dick.  I would love to see us go to the shotgun formation and let Mcfadden run the offense like Vince Young ran Texas' offense.  Better then watching Casey throwing passes in the ground and bleachers.

I agree 100%.  This is telling it like it is.

LSPRazorbac

« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2007, 03:35:59 pm »

I have inside sources that reported that HDN himself was planning to play QB but when he heard the D. Lee was going to run the option he transferred to OK state.  D. Lee our knew head football coach!   ;)

booogaga

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Official hogville home brewer.
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2007, 03:41:41 pm »

for crying out loud we have had 3 practices. and none with pads. lets give it some time.

toshortrock

• Hogville.net Rocks!
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2007, 04:08:57 pm »

without reading all of these guys in front of me,,the answer to your question is?well hell yeah he;s going to be the best quarterback on the team also,,ain't that ashame
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas