• 10,350,002 Posts
• 409,557 Topics
• 23,411 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any info on Pelphrey's recruiting thus far???  (Read 5446 times)

claytongray

Re: Any info on Pelphrey's recruiting thus far???
« Reply #100 on: May 01, 2007, 10:31:53 pm »

At least we agree on one thing. There isn't anything in Pelphrey's resume that tells me he will be great. I wish there was. But when I try to find something to support his hire, I find reasons to doubt it instead. If a change was needed that bad, you are going to tell me we couldn't find anyone with a proven record of wins and recruiting throughout the nation. I would have followed a former hog blindly to the end than a Kentucky player. If we were going to give the keys to an unproven driver, I would much rather have Day, Beck, Miller, even D. Gomez be coach than this guy.

You are overlooking the turn-around Pelphrey orchestrated at South Alabama. That place was a basketball wasteland, yet he is coming off back-to-back regular season championships.

And it is ridiculous to say one of those guys would be a better option than Pelphrey.

mbgrulz

« Reply #101 on: May 01, 2007, 10:35:22 pm »

At least we agree on one thing. There isn't anything in Pelphrey's resume that tells me he will be great. I wish there was. But when I try to find something to support his hire, I find reasons to doubt it instead. If a change was needed that bad, you are going to tell me we couldn't find anyone with a proven record of wins and recruiting throughout the nation. I would have followed a former hog blindly to the end than a Kentucky player. If we were going to give the keys to an unproven driver, I would much rather have Day, Beck, Miller, even D. Gomez be coach than this guy.
well, at least by that statement, nobody has to waste time to argue whether or not you are a complete moron or not.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

HawgG

« Reply #102 on: May 02, 2007, 12:47:49 am »

You are overlooking the turn-around Pelphrey orchestrated at South Alabama. That place was a basketball wasteland, yet he is coming off back-to-back regular season championships.

And it is ridiculous to say one of those guys would be a better option than Pelphrey.

claytongrey it is ridiculous to think that any coach w/o coaching experience would be a better choice then Pelphrey you are right about that, however I wouldn't use what he did at South Alabama grounds to support my argument.

Nobody that covers basketball believed that Pelphrey deserved this Arkansas job even if it isn't what Nolan had it between 1988-1996.

Even Coach Pelphrey is not bringing up what he did at South Alabama to all these recruits he is talking to.

No fan or recruit of the Hogs gets excited about Pelphrey's 80-67 five year record.What gets Hogs' fans and recruits excited about Pelphrey is that he played for Rick Pitino, coached under Billy Donavan and he promised to bring that style of play to ARK.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas