• 10,394,602 Posts
• 410,894 Topics
• 23,485 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 ... 442 443 444 [445] 446 447 448   Go Down

Author Topic: Road Trips: 3 Hots and a Cot  (Read 1139233 times)

AlmaHog2011

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net

Seriously how in the heck do they recruit so well? I don't get it.

woodrow hog call

When you see how many guys on their roster with a last name you canít pronounce, unless youíre Cajun, it tells you they donít come from very far away.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

EconHawg

Hey, at least as a hitter if you hit the bull you win a steak right?

I dont think I've ever read a post here that I agree with as wholeheartedly as this.  When I went down there last spring I was not impressed. 

There is some good food to be had in BR though.

porkchopsdontfloat

• Hogvillian
  • In beer there is strength.

+1 for Joe vs. the Volcano. Also, I hate LSU.

Dr. Starcs

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Tell me what you don't like about yourself.

And yet lsu has how many titles?

We make more of facilities than it really matters. Oregon st plays in a crap hole and has two titles. Same with fresno st.

twistitup

How are the concessions in Baton Rouge? No excuses down there...should be good

rljjr

The typical LSU fan is a perfect combination of In-breeding and Type 2 Diabetes, and the Box was designed by such a person.

010HogFan

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • I Got Dat Wood Coach

We make more of facilities than it really matters. Oregon st plays in a crap hole and has two titles. Same with fresno st.

They have three now :(

pigachu

• Bench Warmer

Sorry you missed the intention of this thread.

Donnie Baker

• Bench Warmer

The typical LSU fan is a perfect combination of In-breeding and Type 2 Diabetes, and the Box was designed by such a person.

This cracks me up...an Arkansas fan...heck anyone from Arkansas making fun of another state for in-breeding and obesity. Pot meet kettle.  ::)

EconHawg

Sorry you missed the intention of this thread.

;)

Dwight_K_Shrute

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Follow @fakewallyhall.
    • Missing your favorite thread?  It's probably in Vents and Rumors

This cracks me up...an Arkansas fan...heck anyone from Arkansas making fun of another state for in-breeding and obesity. Pot meet kettle.  ::)

Yep every Southern state vs every other Southern state.  Want to make fun of them fine, but try to avoid stereotypes that can also apply to your own state.  Go to Baum, BWA, DWRRS and you will see plenty that are one slice of bacon away from an infarction.  I was in uppers last year at RRS and was like holy **** how did some of these folks even make it up here.  Should we preemptively call an EMT to be on standby.

As far as facilities and LSU go.  They seem to build them big but not nice.  You could look at it a couple different ways.  If you have a rabid fan base why waste money on nice facilities if they are going to come to the games anyway.  Their fans aren't worried about amenities and the such, they just want to raise hell and get the W.  Other factor could be $.  Although their programs bring in a good bit of revenue the school itself is not flush with cash.  In fact they have dealt with very tight budgets recently.  So although they could have pristine, ultramodern facilities it would probably not be the best look right now considering the financial situation of the university system as a whole.

Lastly Aleva was a very unpopular AD, but the new AD is an LSU guy and he just came from a school (A&M) with some of the best facilities out there.  I could see them embarking on facility upgrades with him at the helm.

EconHawg

Yep every Southern state vs every other Southern state.  Want to make fun of them fine, but try to avoid stereotypes that can also apply to your own state.  Go to Baum, BWA, DWRRS and you will see plenty that are one slice of bacon away from an infarction.  I was in uppers last year at RRS and was like holy **** how did some of these folks even make it up here.  Should we preemptively call an EMT to be on standby.

As far as facilities and LSU go.  They seem to build them big but not nice.  You could look at it a couple different ways.  If you have a rabid fan base why waste money on nice facilities if they are going to come to the games anyway.  Their fans aren't worried about amenities and the such, they just want to raise hell and get the W.  Other factor could be $.  Although their programs bring in a good bit of revenue the school itself is not flush with cash.  In fact they have dealt with very tight budgets recently.  So although they could have pristine, ultramodern facilities it would probably not be the best look right now considering the financial situation of the university system as a whole.

Lastly Aleva was a very unpopular AD, but the new AD is an LSU guy and he just came from a school (A&M) with some of the best facilities out there.  I could see them embarking on facility upgrades with him at the helm.

What gets lost in all the talk about LSU's facilities is that they have the nicest fanboat parking lot in the SEC.

navyhog24

Here's a couple of funny melts from Tigerdroppings:

HogFansReunited

• AKA HogFansReunited
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • USN AW2

Iíve never understood the allure with the Box. The stadium just doesnít look great IMO and I have no clue why anyone would decided to put the bullpen in a spot where a line drive could kill a pitcher as they are trying to warm up.

HognitiveDissonance

Re: ís obvious how much nicer Baum-Walker is.
« Reply #22215 on: May 08, 2019, 01:18:56 pm »

I just thought it was cool LSU had a pitcher named Nola (Aaron).

Nola = New Orleans, LA

It was destiny.

BooguhRed

• Band Nerd
Re: ís obvious how much nicer Baum-Walker is.
« Reply #22216 on: May 08, 2019, 02:45:12 pm »

I just thought it was cool LSU had a pitcher named Nola (Aaron).

Nola = New Orleans, LA

It was destiny.

Haha, it was destiny! If only he was from New Orleans, and not BR it would've been even better.

BooguhRed

• Band Nerd

I live in New Orleans and have been trying to get my LSU buddies to go to the Box for a game. Next year, I'm going.

Donnie Baker

• Bench Warmer

I agree on the Box. Could have been much better stadium and even the LSU fans on TigerDroppings complain about the bleachers down the lines, bullpen and the colorful ads.  I think the allure for real baseball fans is the tradition of the program and the culture..and the food.  As far as the football stadium, there probably isn't enough room on campus to build another and major renovations have taken place through the years to expand. It is old though, not sure how much longer it will be a viable stadium.

Donnie Baker

• Bench Warmer

Six (6) National Championships +Tradition = highly ranked recruiting classes. They don't have to go far either. Louisiana has plenty of great baseball players. Even stole one from Arky

EconHawg

Six (6) National Championships +Tradition = highly ranked recruiting classes. They don't have to go far either. Louisiana has plenty of great baseball players. Even stole one from Arky

Donnie, you're so right. But I just want to hate on the Tigers this week.

rljjr

Donnie, you're so right. But I just want to hate on the Tigers this week.
Hence my post earlier which seemed to stir up some of the corn dog batter.

EconHawg

Hence my post earlier which seemed to stir up some of the corn dog batter.

Give me all the corn dog jokes.

Svrdhd

I was confused why LSU was playing in Pine Bluff, as around my house we call Pine Bluff Ďthe Boxí, for Pine Box.

pigachu

• Bench Warmer

If you have something nice to say about LSU then get outta this thread!

Donnie Baker

• Bench Warmer

;)

hawgtahm

This bracket will never happen. There is no team from Oklahoma!

pigachu

• Bench Warmer

This bracket will never happen. There is no team from Oklahoma!

Drinking already I see

HognitiveDissonance

Re: itís obvious how much nicer Baum-Walker is.
« Reply #22228 on: May 09, 2019, 10:30:57 am »

Of course the A-State fan would say something nice about anyone other than Arkansas...

HognitiveDissonance

Re: itís obvious how much nicer Baum-Walker is.
« Reply #22229 on: May 09, 2019, 10:31:27 am »

I was confused why LSU was playing in Pine Bluff, as around my house we call Pine Bluff Ďthe Boxí, for Pine Box.
Do they still use Crime Bluff as well?

woodhog14

Even stole on from Arkansas.HA! Right...you have no clue. Jaden Hill was never coming to Arkansas. His cousin is Cedric Houston who played on one of LSU's National Championship teams. Hill wanted to go to LSU from day one and is really close with Cedric. So no, they didn't steal one from Arkansas.

Donnie Baker

• Bench Warmer

Even stole on from Arkansas.HA! Right...you have no clue. Jaden Hill was never coming to Arkansas. His cousin is Cedric Houston who played on one of LSU's National Championship teams. Hill wanted to go to LSU from day one and is really close with Cedric. So no, they didn't steal one from Arkansas.

What year did this Cedric Houston play for LSU

navyhog24

Cedric Houston played for Fat Phil and Tennessee. Isn't Jaden Hill cousin to Hogs DB LaDarrius Bishop?

Donnie Baker

• Bench Warmer

Cedric Houston played for Fat Phil and Tennessee.

LOL..I knew that. I know Cedric personally. I was trying to get the woodhog to show his research (or lack thereof). LMAO

EconHawg

I believe he meant Cedrick Harris. He's from Ashdown and was on the 1997 and 2000 LSU National Championship team, although I think he redshirted in 1997 because he has no stats for that season even though he's on the roster. He hit .370 in 2000.

Yes, I checked Jaden Hill's bio on LSU's website and Cedrick Harris is his cousin.

hawgtahm

Drinking already I see

Actually, I was sitting at a bar, waiting for my wife. Must've gotten my threads crossed, lol!

pigachu

• Bench Warmer

Actually, I was sitting at a bar, waiting for my wife. Must've gotten my threads crossed, lol!

No problem, just make sure you say something bad about LSU

pigachu

• Bench Warmer

I believe he meant Cedrick Harris. He's from Ashdown and was on the 1997 and 2000 LSU National Championship team, although I think he redshirted in 1997 because he has no stats for that season even though he's on the roster. He hit .370 in 2000.

Yes, I checked Jaden Hill's bio on LSU's website and Cedrick Harris is his cousin.

Yea Ashdown also produced joe jester bout the same time as Cedric

ucahogfan

Cedric Houston played for Fat Phil and Tennessee. Isn't Jaden Hill cousin to Hogs DB LaDarrius Bishop?
One cousin for Hill is 2021 Hog commit Braylon Bishop who is the #4 player in his class according to PG.

Hog Fan...DOH!

• Your site for Razorback news.

Iíve never understood the allure with the Box. The stadium just doesnít look great IMO and I have no clue why anyone would decided to put the bullpen in a spot where a line drive could kill a pitcher as they are trying to warm up.

The old Box was cool-- a vestige of another era, kinda like a mini-Rosenblatt. 

The new Box?  Yeeesh.     

OneTuskOverTheLineô

• Gold Hogvillian
  • One tusk over the line sweet Jesus...

So... Just how many inbred people do you know? I'll hang up and listen.

Donnie Baker

• Bench Warmer

So... Just how many inbred people do you know? I'll hang up and listen.

I would say one but I only know you through the board, not personally

TeufelHog

• Never Forget, Never Yield!
Props to USCe Grounds Crew . . .
« Reply #22242 on: May 11, 2019, 12:56:36 pm »

Nice job with the ďlawn-mowingĒ design on their field grass today against Kentucky.  Field looked great!  Worth a look on the SEC network . . . or I can just do this.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 01:10:33 pm by TeufelHog »

HenduHog

• Razorbacks: Hostile and mobile
Re: Props to USCe Grounds Crew . . .
« Reply #22243 on: May 11, 2019, 02:19:37 pm »

I've always wondered how they do this.

Stewhog 11

« Reply #22244 on: May 11, 2019, 04:15:53 pm »

coach, my back hurts

« Reply #22245 on: May 11, 2019, 05:50:54 pm »

I've always wondered how they do this.

The mowers have rollers behind or in front of the blades that mash the grass down. The lines in the outfield that are lighter green have been mashed down away from you and when they make a return pass it mashes down the opposite direction creating a shadowing effect that looks darker. Would look opposite if you were looking in from the outfield.

You can do a homemade job to a push mower. Tie a heavy pipe behind the mower and and will give you a sharpe looking striped yard.

TeufelHog

• Never Forget, Never Yield!
« Reply #22246 on: May 11, 2019, 06:10:15 pm »

Man, the field at the Oakland /Cleveland game is crazy good!

HenduHog

• Razorbacks: Hostile and mobile
« Reply #22247 on: May 13, 2019, 12:29:10 pm »

The mowers have rollers behind or in front of the blades that mash the grass down. The lines in the outfield that are lighter green have been mashed down away from you and when they make a return pass it mashes down the opposite direction creating a shadowing effect that looks darker. Would look opposite if you were looking in from the outfield.

You can do a homemade job to a push mower. Tie a heavy pipe behind the mower and and will give you a sharpe looking striped yard.

Thanks. I had no idea

99toLife

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Crazy Times Make Crazy people Crazier!!!!
« Reply #22248 on: May 13, 2019, 12:44:09 pm »

I have don that for ever on my own yard.   

woodhog14

Sorry, I meant Cedric Harris. I know the Ashdown baseball coach and Arkansas had no shot at Jaden and they knew it. Hill did take a visit to Arkansas as a courtesy visit because it was his home state. Cedric had him LSU all the way, so LSU did not STEAL a player from Arkansas.
Pages: 1 ... 442 443 444 [445] 446 447 448   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas