• 10,269,847 Posts
• 407,551 Topics
• 23,310 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17   Go Down

Author Topic: GAME THREAD 40: #9 Arkansas (29-10, 11-6 SEC) vs #2 Miss State (32-8, 10-7 SEC)  (Read 8165 times)

Razorbacks#1

• Gold Hogvillian
  • 1994 Razorbacks#1

Good job uca and A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S
I second this!

EconHawg

WHAT A SERIES!

WOO PIG SOOIE!

Thanks UCA for the winning call, apologies for getting ahead at times.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, thanks for the great graphics.

JHicks, awesome job with the pitching stats.

GO HOGS!

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Iwastherein1969

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Red indicates Republicans, Blue the Democrats

Congratulations Noland, you couldn't have picked a better team to break you SEC maiden against. Now take this new found confidence and run with it. Dude, your stuff is electric. All you have to do is learn how to pitch and you will be a much better pitcher than QB.

RazorSax

WPS. Wish we had taken game one from Vandy. Be sitting alone.

gchamblee

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Benched along with patience and reason

CJ HOG

• All-American Hogvillian
  • #HogvilleAfterDark

Fair point. I just wanted the shutout.
I did too, but I'll settle for THE SWEEP!

Thanxs for pbp & the crew. Great series!

Happy Easter....Go Hogs!

Iwastherein1969

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Red indicates Republicans, Blue the Democrats

Great call,  UCA and A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S.....thanks and happy Easter

artyhog

• Enjoying one with the Misses!

Great game.  Great sweep.  WPS

Woodland Pork CO

Thanks for the good times!   Great weekend of baseball and I love seeing it come together.

WPS!

Birminghog

• Ludwig calls the Hogs at Hogville.net

ďListen, dummy. The surveyors think theyíve found quicksand.Ē

Birminghog

• Ludwig calls the Hogs at Hogville.net

WHAT A SERIES!

WOO PIG SOOIE!

GO HOGS!
All of this!

trippigs

What a series. Never thought much about a sweep. Would have been pleased with a series win. The Hogs are impressive

oldhawg

Thanks for the PBP.

EconHawg

Mississippi State is 0-6 in their last six games at Baum/Baum-Walker Stadium, and have been outscored 41-16 in those games.

pigture perfect

Why did I think it was a late game? Now Iíll go read the thread.

ucahogfan

From Kendall Rogers:

What a loud weekend for @RazorbackBSB. The #Hogs outscore No. 3 Mississippi State 27-10 in three games.

gmarv

Thanks UCA  A_K_A_N_S_A_S great job guys what a great series win WPS.Hope everyone has a good Easter and takes a few minutes to remember what we are celebrating.

GuvHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Proud Hog Supporter!!!

I believe the Hogs are alone in first place because A&M lost the first game of their double header to South Carolina today so if my calculations are correct (they may not be) the Hogs are in first place in the west by 1 and a half games.

snoblind

WHAT A SERIES!

WOO PIG SOOIE!

GO HOGS!

This.

Thanks to all for the best forum and game threads in baseball.

EconHawg

Honestly, I expected to drop two to MSST this weekend, and to likely get swept at Vanderbilt. Always knew the talent was there to see a dominant performance like this weekend, but wasn't sure we could put it all together and make it happen. VERY impressive 5 game stretch for the hogs, and has us in as good of shape as we could hope for to be in the hunt for a division championship down the stretch.

These are championship caliber teams that we're playing and beating right now.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • R_A_Z_O_R_B_A_C_K_S

This.

Thanks to all for the best forum and game threads in baseball.
THANKS FOR FOLLOWING ALONG!

rljjr

I believe the Hogs are alone in first place because A&M lost the first game of their double header to South Carolina today so if my calculations are correct (they may not be) the Hogs are in first place in the west by 1 and a half games.

I think it's going to be a half game if they win, 1 1/2 if they lose. Right now they lead 4-3 bottom 6, Cocky batting, bases loaded and 2 outs.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • R_A_Z_O_R_B_A_C_K_S

From Kendall Rogers:

What a loud weekend for @RazorbackBSB. The #Hogs outscore No. 3 Mississippi State 27-10 in three games.

WILL BE INTERESTING TO SEE WHERE THE POLLS RANK US NOW.

JHicks3636

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Razorback forever

USCe started a rally with 2 outs in the 6th inning. They have scored two runs and the bases are loaded with 2 outs. 4-3 A&M at this point. This will be a 7 inning game.

HogFansReunited

• AKA HogFansReunited
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • USN AW2

Thanks for the great pbp UCA. Thanks for everything you do ARKANSAS. Most of all, thanks to all of you that participate and make this place great.

JHicks3636

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Razorback forever

USCe batter swings at a ball in the dirt on a 3-2 count to end the 6th. 4-3 A&M going to the 7th.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • R_A_Z_O_R_B_A_C_K_S

Thanks for the great pbp UCA. Thanks for everything you do ARKANSAS. Most of all, thanks to all of you that participate and make this place great.
Right back at YOU^^^^

thebignasty

• I find your lack of faith... disturbing.

Up 10-2 about to sweep #2 and folks show up to bitch about pitching, in the consensus best forum on the site.

lawd have mercy on us

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • R_A_Z_O_R_B_A_C_K_S

We have moved up 1 spot for the week (since 4/14/19) in the RPI rankings to #5. I know that doesn't sound like much of a gain, but there isn't much room to move up when the 4 teams in front of you are winning also.

MSU dropped 2 spots for the week to #12.

Really has to make us Hog fans feel good about sweeping MSU after them sweeping us last year.

Great week to be a HOG, for men and women!   WPS!

HogFansReunited

• AKA HogFansReunited
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • USN AW2

Kevin

• Gold Hogvillian
  • RIP LILY, WE MISS YOU DEARLY

WPS!!!!

tennesseehogwild

I like 12-6 in SEC a lot better than 11-7.  GHG!

tennesseehogwild

Stars of the game have to be freshmen Connor Noland and Jacob Nesbit.

Noland picks up his second win in a Hog uniform while Nesbit hits his 2nd HR and drives in four runs.

My Star of the weekend has to be Opitz! He had a helluva series.

TebowHater

• DMAC > teBLOW

DVH postgame: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgXf_ITbuY8

-Very proud of team, obviously all three days playing sold ball.
-But today the story was Connor Noland. He was lights out, had his two seamer going, sinking, wasn't overpowering 90 MPH. And a really good slider, mixed in some changes to lefties. Super job. Gave us a chance to settle in and finally catch up with Ginn. 2-0 then the error, hard hit ball, then the HR and there you go.
-Tough games at Vandy and then fought back. You can see how it kind of turns things. 5 in a row. Really good job by our team mentally to stay strong last weekend and it led to this great week.
-We held them down pretty good by our pitching. Our starters gave us some good outings. Big to get those innings by Connor today.
-That was not me sprinting to the mount - I am faster than that, that was jogging, kind of - ran a 6.8 60 when I was 20, don't know what it is now...but wanted to get out there, was fired up for him. Didn't want him to throw any more pitched. Wanted him to get some recognition for such a great outing, clutch outing.
-He would have pitched longer Tuesday but they found out right before game Tuesday that Cody was out. Worked out. Took it like a man to go from weekend to midweek start, had a great week of work. Executed a plan, pitched great.
-I've said all along Connor is mature for his age, his mental makeup is really advanced relative to other guys we've coached. Physically he's there, but mentally he's great. Now he just needs experience.
-McFarland, base hit up the middle, base hit in the hole. Then got hit. Had a great day, good ABs, seemed confident, didn't seem like he was in a hurry to get out of there. I like that.
-I talked to Mangum before the game, I hadn't really ever talked to him. He came over wanted to talk a little bit. Kind of strange, he's been there 4 years, 4 sweeps - two there, two here.
-Connor got him out. Connor did a great job of sinking the ball. Then Kosty, used to seeing Connor then we throw someone hard at him.
-We've played well at home, we've played well at home. We've been in most every game. The team seems to developing pretty well right now.
-Nesbit, big swing. Timed him up and hit a 92 MPH fastball, you have to guess and cheat just a little bit. It jumped off his bat, in the dugout we knew it was out. He back spun it a little bit. That was the swing that put us over the top.
-I thought about the lineup a lot last night. It was either McFarland or Harris. Harris faced a lefty the other day and hit two balls hard to RF, today right hander. If you're going on BA, maybe I should have gone with the other guy. But I just thought, Jordan's been working hard, hasn't complained, he's a junior, I just thought I'd give him first shot and he stepped up and did it.
-It says a lot about his character, what he's all about inside. About the team. Disappointed when he didn't play a lot early. Doesn't show his frustration, smiles at practice, jokes around in the locker room, team appreciates it. And trust me, I look at that, that matters a lot.
-He's a really good first baseman, he's gotten a lot better there, to me it's all about the bat. Can move some people around. Didn't play Nesbit Tuesday because it's a grind, first year playing, trying to keep him strong. Drove in our first run single up the middle and then the big home run.
-Ginn is electric. Just couldn't get the slider over in the 5th or 6th and then it changes everything. His command is also a LOT better out of the windup than the stretch
-Better to be in first than in second, but it's so tight, take wins when you can get them.
-Kosty threw well to first hitter. Then erratic second inning. Glad he got that out of his system, hadn't pitched in a while. May pitch Tuesday for an inning to sharpen up.
-Bob Holt: HK's played all 108 games since he's been here, does it feel weird not having him out there? DVH: I hadn't even thought about that, that's a good point, Bob. Maybe he needed a day off. I hope he comes out Tuesday and hammers.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 06:31:42 pm by TebowHater »

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • R_A_Z_O_R_B_A_C_K_S

NEXT UP is Northwestern St. on Tuesday at 6:30pm. HogFansReunited will have the PXP. The game will be online only on SECN+.

Then on Wed. at 3:00pm we play Northwestern St. in the 2nd game of the 2 game series and it also will be online only on SECN+. We need someone to step up and do the PXP for this game.

Hollywood_HOGan45

• Hollywood could coach better than nutt.

Connor Noland!!!!! Mr. Redemption!!!!!!!!

pigture perfect

That was so much fun. Thanks guys.

AlmaHog2011

• Surfing the web at Hogville.net

Inches from our freshman catching the fly ball that allowed Vandy to score two runs if he catches that ball it's a double play.

Tick Hog

Up 10-2 about to sweep #2 and folks show up to bitch about pitching, in the consensus best forum on the site.

lawd have mercy on us
lol Iím going to assume youíre talking about my post. This is in fact the best forum on the site however thereís also a double standard. Meaning that some can say basically the same thing and it doesnít matter. Also Iím going to assume that lots of people like me have a life and donít get to sit behind a computer screen for the duration of a ball game. How is me saying that throwing 97 MPH doesnít matter when you walk people any different than Jhicks saying get Zeb out of there after 2 batters. Thereís no difference. Truth is we do have problems with walks other than about 4 guys and no I didnít just happen to show up here today Iím a game thread to say that. Before people think itís cool to start pointing fingers and think no one will say anything back to them they need to check the entire post history. I praised just as much as I said anything about the walks. The last I knew this was a free site which everyone was encouraged to root / cheer / have concerns about the team we love. Very clicky place

Kevin

• Gold Hogvillian
  • RIP LILY, WE MISS YOU DEARLY

Truth is always allowed.

Our bullpen, does struggle throwing consistent strikes.

Bogghawg

lol Iím going to assume youíre talking about my post. This is in fact the best forum on the site however thereís also a double standard. Meaning that some can say basically the same thing and it doesnít matter. Also Iím going to assume that lots of people like me have a life and donít get to sit behind a computer screen for the duration of a ball game. How is me saying that throwing 97 MPH doesnít matter when you walk people any different than Jhicks saying get Zeb out of there after 2 batters. Thereís no difference. Truth is we do have problems with walks other than about 4 guys and no I didnít just happen to show up here today Iím a game thread to say that. Before people think itís cool to start pointing fingers and think no one will say anything back to them they need to check the entire post history. I praised just as much as I said anything about the walks. The last I knew this was a free site which everyone was encouraged to root / cheer / have concerns about the team we love. Very clicky place
Well, you know us folks with no life.  We tend to be cliquish. (As opposed to clickish).

Tick Hog

Well, you know us folks with no life.  We tend to be cliquish. (As opposed to clickish).
[/quote ] Point was someone told me a havenít been here all day so I canít comment lol. Well hell no I havenít been on here all day. Is that a thing ???

thebignasty

Guilty conscience?

I wield no power here, and am not dissuaded from calling out what I feel are ** posts by your response.

thebignasty

Point was someone told me a havenít been here all day so I canít comment lol. Well hell no I havenít been on here all day. Is that a thing ???

If this is re: my post, I didn't say you couldn't post. Just that your contribution stunk. It did.

:)

Tick Hog

If this is re: my post, I didn't say you couldn't post. Just that your contribution stunk. It did.

:)

Which part ? Me saying that walks will kill you? Or the part when I was cheering that were we hammering MSU? And I was referring to the person who said that I havenít been here all day so I can see myself out

Tick Hog

Guilty conscience?

I wield no power here, and am not dissuaded from calling out what I feel are ** posts by your response.

Well you tell me what to say so I will be welcomed around here lol

thebignasty

Well you tell me what to say so I will be welcomed around here lol

As far as I'm concerned, you are. 

Hell, I even agree that questions about the bullpen linger, but you gotta work on timing, man.

NorthDallas40

• Varsity
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net

My brothers and sisters. This service of this game thread has to be the best thing on the college sports internet. Absolutely unique in all of sports. So blessed to have it. What a sweep especially today without arguably our best player. Historical series.

Tick Hog

As far as I'm concerned, you are. 

Hell, I even agree that questions about the bullpen linger, but you gotta work on timing, man.
I can agree with that

JHicks3636

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Razorback forever

Our main problem in games has been when bad play or pitching becomes contagious. Walking batters with a 10 run lead should not happen. We had no walks in 8 innings, then 3 in one. Obviously DVH didn't let Kosty keep going when he had early trouble. Vermillion didn't exactly instill a good feeling with his first two batters. Although two batters might have seemed premature, DVH must have shared my concern as he got Cronin up and working in the bullpen after those two batters. by the way, I deleted only one post today and it was name calling of another poster. I understand reasonable frustration during a game. I thought we had a great fanbase today.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas