• 10,302,864 Posts
• 408,281 Topics
• 23,335 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Time for one more...  (Read 954 times)

Iwastherein1969

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Will the Hogs make it back to Omaha in 2019 ?
Time for one more...
« on: April 18, 2019, 03:02:15 am »

stellar weekend starting pitcher to step and grab that spot by the neck. I don't know who it could be or even venture guesses at who could be that second starter. It really doesn't matter who stands up and earns that spot but if our Hogs are going to make it to Omaha, someone on our pitching staff is going to have to elevate their level of play. Zay is very good, dare I say he has better "stuff" than Blaine Knight did for the Hogs last year, but until we find a second weekend starter that we can count on it will be tough to get a Top 8 seed, much less make it back to Omaha.  Come on (fill in the blank) be that star on Saturday's this years Hogs are looking for. Kostyshock, is that you I hear knocking on the door ?

shotgun7

• Varsity
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Re: Time for one more...
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2019, 06:34:07 am »

We have some really good young arms, I think they just try to nibble too much instead of throwing strikes. Looking to see if someone makes that jump this week as well.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

woodrow hog call

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2019, 08:08:50 am »

At this level you have to pitch all around the heart of the zone, if you think about a box for the strike zone then a box in the middle of it that is a few inches smaller, the area between the two boxes is your target. Walks are frustrating to us but home runs and doubles are going to happen often, if a guy canít stay in the edge of the zone.

Squishy

• Band Nerd
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2019, 09:18:42 am »

I guess I assumed (and always hoped) it would be Wicklander to move into a weekend starter role. I didn't see the game Tuesday. Did he pitch too much to start this weekend? I think we have good arms in the bullpen it's just taking a while to figure out who we can trust to throw strikes consistently and form a bulldog mentality.

EconHawg

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2019, 09:24:04 am »

I guess I assumed (and always hoped) it would be Wicklander to move into a weekend starter role. I didn't see the game Tuesday. Did he pitch too much to start this weekend? I think we have good arms in the bullpen it's just taking a while to figure out who we can trust to throw strikes consistently and form a bulldog mentality.

No, he's penciled in as the probable game 2 starter on the Razorbacks' website. Game 3 is TBA.

Wicklander didn't pitch on Tuesday. Noland started and threw 2, then Freshmen/Collin Taylor/Denton handled the rest. The game was called on a 10-run run rule after 7 innings.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 10:04:50 am by EconHawg »

hogdollar

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2019, 10:07:40 am »

stellar weekend starting pitcher to step and grab that spot by the neck. I don't know who it could be or even venture guesses at who could be that second starter. It really doesn't matter who stands up and earns that spot but if our Hogs are going to make it to Omaha, someone on our pitching staff is going to have to elevate their level of play. Zay is very good, dare I say he has better "stuff" than Blaine Knight did for the Hogs last year, but until we find a second weekend starter that we can count on it will be tough to get a Top 8 seed, much less make it back to Omaha.  Come on (fill in the blank) be that star on Saturday's this years Hogs are looking for. Kostyshock, is that you I hear knocking on the door ?
It's not a dare to say Campbell has better "stuff" than Knight most people have always thought he had better "stuff" it just took him until this year to put it all together. And most people have been extremely happy with how Scroggins has pitched as a starter and how he did coming out of the pen at Auburn. Hes had one bad start and that was against an elite offense on a fake mound that hes not used to. Kosty will more than likely not move to a starter role again hes to valuable out of the pen especially with Ramage's struggles. Our weekend rotation moving forward should be Campbell Wicklander and Scroggins. Wicklander has always looked much better starting than out of the pen so I think this is a good rotation moving forward with Kosty, Noland, Kopps and Cronin the main 4 out of the pen.

Squishy

• Band Nerd
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2019, 10:33:50 am »

No, he's penciled in as the probable game 2 starter on the Razorbacks' website. Game 3 is TBA.

Wicklander didn't pitch on Tuesday. Noland started and threw 2, then Freshmen/Collin Taylor/Denton handled the rest. The game was called on a 10-run run rule after 7 innings.

Thanks, I didn't know that Scroggins was also removed from the weekend rotation. Is there a story behind that? Sorry I got out of the loop on this somehow. Just not great outings the last couple?

hogdollar

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2019, 10:38:40 am »

Thanks, I didn't know that Scroggins was also removed from the weekend rotation. Is there a story behind that? Sorry I got out of the loop on this somehow. Just not great outings the last couple?
He was moved back to the pen out of necessity because Kosty has been hurt. I would fully expect him to be back in his starter role now that Kosty appears ready to come back.

Tick Hog

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2019, 01:43:16 pm »

At this level you have to pitch all around the heart of the zone, if you think about a box for the strike zone then a box in the middle of it that is a few inches smaller, the area between the two boxes is your target. Walks are frustrating to us but home runs and doubles are going to happen often, if a guy canít stay in the edge of the zone.
Well I can promise you that some will not be here next year because they canít throw strikes. If the Pitching coach canít correct the issue he wonít last long either. Donít believe me go ask DVH. You donít nibble and walk guys on a DVH coached baseball team.

woodrow hog call

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2019, 04:13:12 pm »

Well I can promise you that some will not be here next year because they canít throw strikes. If the Pitching coach canít correct the issue he wonít last long either. Donít believe me go ask DVH. You donít nibble and walk guys on a DVH coached baseball team.

I'm not going to have the chance to talk to him this week, I've got a lot going on, and he is kind of busy too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas