• 10,268,842 Posts
• 407,527 Topics
• 23,309 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Source tells me Hogs reached out to St. John's soph transfer LJ Figueroa ...  (Read 6307 times)

Kevin McPherson

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net

* Per source, Arkansas has inquired about St. John's sophomore LJ Figueroa @Lj_Figueroa (6-6, wing, sit 1 & play 2) who last wk entered the transfer portal. Figueroa avg 14.4p (51.3% FGs, incl 38.3% from 3), 6.4r, 1.8s, 1.7a ... he avg 21.4p, 5.5r, 3.7a as frosh at Odessa (TX) juco

https://twitter.com/ARHoopScoop/status/1118695136664391681

* In addition to Arkansas, LJ Figueroa @Lj_Figueroa (6-6 wing, St. John's sophomore who recently entered the transfer portal) reportedly has heard from Kansas, Florida, Florida State, Miami, UConn, and others ...

https://twitter.com/ARHoopScoop/status/1118697125414674433

Paul

Shooter!  let's get em

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Roastin da bomb in Fayettenam.

Muss does NOT have poorlilolearkiesaw syndrome at ALL. I love that!

Redhogs

Muss does NOT have poorlilolearkiesaw syndrome at ALL. I love that!
Why would he..it only lingers in some small minds on Hogville.

redneckfriend

• Senior

No- it lingers because of the long history of futility in football and basketball. And it will linger until a coach in a major sport can prove it wrong.

TrueBlue

• "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up."

Strange now that Mike Anderson is headed to St. Johns that we are trying to get one of their players..

jgphillips3

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Where are they now the little people of Stonehenge

Strange now that Mike Anderson is headed to St. Johns that we are trying to get one of their players..

Indeed.  Maybe we can trade them Gabe and Adrio straight up for this guy.

FineAsSwine

He may decide to stay and play for CMA.

Paul

admire ur loyalty

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian

naw, we traded MA for Figueroa.  ;D

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian

Indeed.  Maybe we can trade them Gabe and Adrio straight up for this guy.
LOL

FineAsSwine

admire ur loyalty

Thanks. I do love the Hogs.

SooieGeneris

• Hogvillian
  • You don't ever want to be chasin' speed..

You must not get out much in the state. I hear plenty of comments from people who talk like UA is some little backwater community college in a one horse town and why would any player with options go there.

Some of that even comes from UA grads and most of it from Arkansas natives. I have heard people in the stands at games make snarky comments like "he scored above the minimum on the ACT, what is he doing at Arkansas when he could have gone to ____?"

FineAsSwine

naw, we traded MA for Figueroa.  ;D

Not so fast my friend.....

https://www.rumbleinthegarden.com/2019/4/19/18508134/mike-anderson-st-johns-red-storm-introduced-head-coach-talks-relationships-communication

"At one point during the press conference, Mike Anderson invited players Eli Wright, LJ Figueroa, and Mustapha Heron to the dias. Anderson has not had a team meeting yet, but he did reach out to a few players. (According to Mustapha Heron, he called “early”, and Figueroa may not have been awake yet.) Anderson didn’t comment about players returning, but said they are here because they care — indicating that they are leaning towards staying and building with the new coach."

Hopefully, we will get the grad transfer wing who is visiting this weekend and then a big and another guard.

raz1965

I bet Figueroa stays with st john's, im sure muss will do fine without him if that indeed is  the case, plenty if players to go round if you recruit well

Hawg Red

I haven’t seen anything to suggest Figueroa has made up his mind about where he will go to school. He said from the time he entered the portal that SJU was still very much in the mix. There is no news.

hogwood

• Just Chillin' Like A Villain

Not so fast my friend.....

https://www.rumbleinthegarden.com/2019/4/19/18508134/mike-anderson-st-johns-red-storm-introduced-head-coach-talks-relationships-communication

"At one point during the press conference, Mike Anderson invited players Eli Wright, LJ Figueroa, and Mustapha Heron to the dias. Anderson has not had a team meeting yet, but he did reach out to a few players. (According to Mustapha Heron, he called “early”, and Figueroa may not have been awake yet.) Anderson didn’t comment about players returning, but said they are here because they care — indicating that they are leaning towards staying and building with the new coach."

Hopefully, we will get the grad transfer wing who is visiting this weekend and then a big and another guard.

Yeah, I heard it was a good press conference. The players seem to like him so far.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!

No- it lingers because of the long history of futility in football and basketball. And it will linger until a coach in a major sport can prove it wrong.

It only lingers in those that don’t know history.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!

You must not get out much in the state. I hear plenty of comments from people who talk like UA is some little backwater community college in a one horse town and why would any player with options go there.

Some of that even comes from UA grads and most of it from Arkansas natives. I have heard people in the stands at games make snarky comments like "he scored above the minimum on the ACT, what is he doing at Arkansas when he could have gone to ____?"

Those are simply the ignorant ones. My son graduated from Arkansas and then MIT. Working in the silicon valley he hired and worked with college grads from all over the world. I was at a party at his house a few years ago and someone asked him about where they recruited and hired from. He said all over. You would be shocked by the percentage of grads working for companies in high tech that did not graduate from Stanford, MIT, Cal Tech, etc. but from everyday regular public universities. There is also high turnover there.

AlmaHog2011

Great post thank you! So tired of reading how pitiful we are when in fact we are just the opposite.

AlmaHog2011

No just lingers in small minds.

redneckfriend

• Senior

No just lingers in small minds.

Keep it up- you got that "homer" mentality- it's good to see, even if it ignores all evidence to the contrary.

Kevin McPherson

* First to report a week ago that Arkansas was showing interest in St. John's transfer LJ Figueroa @Lj_Figueroa (6-6 sophomore wing), and now reports out that Figueroa could visit Arkansas within the week ... had a big first season in the Big East in '18-19 ...

https://twitter.com/ARHoopScoop/status/1120797056937934848

Dwight_K_Shrute

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Follow @fakewallyhall.
    • Missing your favorite thread?  It's probably in Vents and Rumors

Those are simply the ignorant ones. My son graduated from Arkansas and then MIT. Working in the silicon valley he hired and worked with college grads from all over the world. I was at a party at his house a few years ago and someone asked him about where they recruited and hired from. He said all over. You would be shocked by the percentage of grads working for companies in high tech that did not graduate from Stanford, MIT, Cal Tech, etc. but from everyday regular public universities. There is also high turnover there.

Yep, UA is well respected and ranked for a public institution.  Cranks out a lot of successful grads in business, engineering, the sciences.  As you said anyone that talks it down is ignorant.  If I heard anyone talking it down I'd show them my paystub then tell them to shove that talk up their a**

farmhawg

^^ there’s one.

Dwight_K_Shrute

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Follow @fakewallyhall.
    • Missing your favorite thread?  It's probably in Vents and Rumors

* First to report a week ago that Arkansas was showing interest in St. John's transfer LJ Figueroa @Lj_Figueroa (6-6 sophomore wing), and now reports out that Figueroa could visit Arkansas within the week ... had a big first season in the Big East in '18-19 ...

https://twitter.com/ARHoopScoop/status/1120797056937934848

Solid numbers except for the FT shooting.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/stats/_/id/4397125/lj-figueroa

Hawg Red

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/stats/_/id/4397125/lj-figueroa

Dug up his JC stats as a freshman and he shot 10 percentage points higher, so maybe it was an aberration.

hogwood

• Just Chillin' Like A Villain

Woukd be a nice pick-up. Hope we save the transfers who have to sit til last.

joeyself

Radical concept, but stick with me--maybe someone on the new staff knows how to teach a player how to shoot free throws?

JcS

cardinalhawg

This is the kind of pickup that you want and do not pass up when it comes to sit-out transfers.  He checks all of the boxes of re all-around game at a desirable size.  I would advise someone in this situation (in many situations really) not to transfer since he could have a strong year next year and perhaps be NBA bound, but if he is willing to sit out and come, he is one of the best available to get.  It would be great even if we can get him to visit campus.

I like this proactive approach to both building for now and later.  Even with the seniors this year at Nevada, it appeared Musselman laid a good foundation for next year there with the players remaining, becoming eligible, and coming in to join for next year.

FineAsSwine

LJ just announced on Instagram that he is staying at St. Johns. Had visited Western Kentucky and had interest from Florida, Georgia, Kansas, UConn and others.

Hawg Red

Good job by Mike keeping a top player in the fold.

raz1965

Good for Mike , Muss will do fine without LJ
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas