RB Sports Discussion > SEC Sports

Texas Tech vs. Virginia...Who Wins?

(1/7) > >>

moses_007:
I've been pulling for both these teams throughout the tournament, so I'm torn as to which team to root for tonight.  Both play tenacious defense, so it should be a nail biter....

Guess I will be happy regardless of which team wins...

HogPharmer:
Tech

Dr. Starcs:
Tech

Pig in the Pokey:
I said Tech would win it all before their sweet 16 game. I aint backing off now. Most people here called me nuts and now EVERYONE is picking Tech. LMAO.

Boardon Hamsay:
First team to 30.

Porkys Revenge:
Davide Moretti is an Italian teen wolf. Tech all the way.

Großer Kriegschwein:
I like Virginia in the final.

sevenof400:
As an aside, this final may set records for the least watched (viewed) final in quite some time.

Tick Hog:
Pulling for Tech but I think Virginia takes it

Torqued pork:
I'll be pulling for Tech. It's more of a west Texas vs. east coast thing for me. Also, I always found Tech fans to be very nice back in our SWC days.

ErnestHamingway:
Virginia wins in a boring game.

moses_007:
One thing's for sure... the winner win win its first ever National Championship.

cobra kai:
Really looking forward to this one, as I love watching these two teams play. I'm leaning toward Virginia but I won't be surprised if Tech wins.

GO:
Virginia will win but going to be pulling for Tech.

98hogs:
I really think Tech's defense is gonna be the difference.

jgphillips3:
I'm going with Texas Tech 45, Virginia 42.  It will be a miracle if either team breaks 50 in this game.

RazorPiggie:
Hopefully Virginia. I've got them in my bracket.

kennymayne:
Definitely not neutral viewers. 

SemperFi:
I think Virginia has the size advantage to pound it inside and they have capable shooters on the outside to make you pay there. I think that it'll be a good game to watch as nothing more than a fan of the game.

BroyledNutts:

--- Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 08, 2019, 09:34:08 am ---First team to 30.

--- End quote ---

Beat me to it.

HotlantaHog:
Can cheer for Texas Tech with enthusiasm without worrying about what it means for our coaching search.

elksnort:

--- Quote from: sevenof400 on April 08, 2019, 09:44:33 am ---As an aside, this final may set records for the least watched (viewed) final in quite some time.

--- End quote ---
Which is ironic, because for me, it will be the championship match up that I would rather see than say, Duke vs Kansas. But I guess I think differently than most.

elksnort:
If Swag Kelly hits the threes though.....

PonderinHog:
After what happened to Virginia last year, I think they're on a mission.  The refs will probably help their cause, too.

RazorPiggie:

--- Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on April 08, 2019, 09:31:15 am ---I said Tech would win it all before their sweet 16 game. I aint backing off now. Most people here called me nuts and now EVERYONE is picking Tech. LMAO.

--- End quote ---

lol no you didn't.

East Clintwood:
I endured two years out there so I have to pull for Tech.  Final score 33 - 29.

moses_007:
Tip-off is 8:20 PM CDT on CBS.  This game always starts at 8:20 our time.  I've never seen it start any earlier.  Looks like they would start it at 7.

Kevin:
i love tonight's game:

no one and dones, so we don't have to hear about how great one or two players are.

true college teams

no cheaters. these two guys probably run as clean as programs can be run

college to me is about the teams, not individual players.

tomw:
as a former resident of virginia, im pulling for them

oldman1015:

--- Quote from: ErnestHamingway on April 08, 2019, 09:59:33 am ---Virginia wins in a boring game.

--- End quote ---
Only Arkansas fans think good coaching and great defense is boring.

King Kong:

--- Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 08, 2019, 09:34:08 am ---First team to 30.

--- End quote ---

False final will be 29-28

Pig in the Pokey:

--- Quote from: RazorPiggie on April 08, 2019, 11:21:39 am ---lol no you didn't.

--- End quote ---
yes i did, over and over again. Why the hell would you presume otherwise. you were barely even on the coaching search forum. You are just a hater.

HogPharmer:

--- Quote from: King Kong on April 08, 2019, 11:51:23 am ---False final will be 29-28

--- End quote ---

He's expecting the game to go to 3OT's

Dr. Starcs:
Virginia has a national title in baseball, tech has never won anything that I can recall.

Wildhog:
Tech wins 13-7.

King Kong:

--- Quote from: Wildhog on April 08, 2019, 11:59:37 am ---Tech wins 13-7.

--- End quote ---

Missed extra point? Or 2 FG?

PonderinHog:

--- Quote from: East Clintwood on April 08, 2019, 11:29:05 am ---I endured two years out there so I have to pull for Tech.  Final score 33 - 29.

--- End quote ---
Sounds like Tom Brady got to the balls...

Pig in the Pokey:

--- Quote from: RazorPiggie on April 08, 2019, 11:21:39 am ---lol no you didn't.

--- End quote ---
Jump Ball / Re: Texas Tech will win the Natty
« on: March 31, 2019, 12:36:44 am »
Quote from: WorfHog on March 31, 2019, 12:35:43 am
Duke's minor league NBA team is going to run roughshod over Tech. Doesn't take anything away from Beard.

Reply:
Nope. Tech gonna win a natty.

and there are other times i said it even earlier but i rest my case on this one. Before the zags game. had been saying it for days by then.

Pig in the Pokey:
tonight's game- Tech 64- Virginia 54

The Pocahontas Porker:
T T 64——-Virginia 59

Wildhog:

--- Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on April 08, 2019, 12:08:20 pm ---tonight's game- Tech 64- Virginia 54

--- End quote ---

I'm sticking with 13-7.

Hog in Iowa:
I'll be pulling for Tech in this one.  I'm really excited to see how the game will play out but I LOVE a good defensive game.  I was lucky enough to attend the 1st round games held in Little Rock several years ago and specifically remember the Memphis-Miss. State matchup that may have been one of the most exciting games I've ever witnessed in person.  Miss. State had two shot blocking machines, Varnardo was one and I can't recall the other guy, and Memphis had one or two also. Every time someone went to the basket the shot was swatted away with authority.  The crowd was hooping and hollering in anticipation.  IT WAS GREAT!

Pig in the Pokey:

--- Quote from: Wildhog on April 08, 2019, 12:14:13 pm ---I'm sticking with 13-7.

--- End quote ---
both teams know the other plays slow lock down so both will try to push it at every opportunity imo. and jack a ton of 3s.

Pig in the Pokey:

--- Quote from: Hog in Iowa on April 08, 2019, 12:14:35 pm ---I'll be pulling for Tech in this one.  I'm really excited to see how the game will play out but I LOVE a good defensive game.  I was lucky enough to attend the 1st round games held in Little Rock several years ago and specifically remember the Memphis-Miss. State matchup that may have been one of the most exciting games I've ever witnessed in person.  Miss. State had two shot blocking machines, Varnardo was one and I can't recall the other guy, and Memphis had one or two also. Every time someone went to the basket the shot was swatted away with authority.  The crowd was hooping and hollering in anticipation.  IT WAS GREAT!

--- End quote ---
If Anderson's team had shown Beard's kind of tenacity he'd have been here til he retired.

Wildhog:

--- Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on April 08, 2019, 12:15:24 pm ---both teams know the other plays slow lock down so both will try to push it at every opportunity imo. and jack a ton of 3s.

--- End quote ---

You convinced me.  18-11.

hawgon:
I’ll tell you what, I’m kind of glad we dodged the Beard bullet and he kept winning so that we couldn’t offer him a pile of money.  His style of defense and baaaaaad offense is just one “point of officiating emphasis” from being yesterday’s news.

And I have a feeling that a winning score of this game in the 40s or 50s might be all the NCAA needs to discreetly order up some officiating changes in the off season.

Snouty:
My head says Virginia but my heart says Texas Tech, so I'll go with my heart.

SooieGeneris:
Both teams have had great runs, but one of them has to lose. I'll go UVA 57 Tech 55.

The story line will be how VA has gone from being the first #1 seed to ever lose to a 16 to a NC In one year.

IMO, the lucky way they won Saturday shows them to be a team of destiny. Like NC State being lucky to win in the first round and winning it all in 1983 with so many close games.

Like UCLA needing Tyus Edney to drive the length of the court in :04 to beat Mizzou and losing him to injury in the semi final game and still beating us.

Yes, they had help from the officials. That big galoot Zidork fouled Corliss like 27 times and called got for maybe 3. Spent the entire game on Corliss' back.

VA had some help from the officials not calling the double dribble Saturday, but the kid for VA still had a lot of pressure to hit all 3 FTs.

The Aubarn kid who had hit 18 in a row missed the 2nd FT on their next to last possession or the game would have gone to OT.

I had a feeling he would miss the 2nd one after CBS ran the graphic that he had made 17 in a row. That seems to happen so often.. whatever is not supposed to happen does.

SooieGeneris:

--- Quote from: hawgon on April 08, 2019, 12:18:36 pm ---I’ll tell you what, I’m kind of glad we dodged the Beard bullet and he kept winning so that we couldn’t offer him a pile of money.  His style of defense and baaaaaad offense is just one “point of officiating emphasis” from being yesterday’s news.

And I have a feeling that a winning score of this game in the 40s or 50s might be all the NCAA needs to discreetly order up some officiating changes in the off season.

--- End quote ---

That and the fact that these programs are not so-called "elite" programs. The "elites" all got shut out of the FF except for maybe Michigan State.

The NCAA will not stand for only one big name program in the CFB playoff or the FF. If the CFB playoff had the 4 teams in this FF, can you imagine the hand wringing?

Some might call Auburn an elite FB program, I don't. They are step children in their own state.

I look for some rules changes or investigations of some of the 4 the way the NCAA protects their "elites."

hawgon:

--- Quote from: SooieGeneris on April 08, 2019, 12:32:03 pm ---That and the fact that these programs are not so-called "elite" programs. The "elites" all got shut out of the FF except for maybe Michigan State.

The NCAA will not stand for only one big name program in the CFB playoff or the FF. If the CFB playoff had the 4 teams in this FF, can you imagine the hand wringing?

Some might call Auburn an elite FB program, I don't. They are step children in their own state.

I look for some rules changes or investigations of some of the 4 the way the NCAA protects their "elites."

--- End quote ---

Well, to be fair to the NCAA they are selling a product and a product needs a marketing angle.  And two relative nobodies in the college basketball world playing a game of “first one to 40 wins” is not going make for a ratings bonanza.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View