RB Sports Discussion > Basketball Recruiting

Potential Transfers

(1/2) > >>

Pig in the Pokey:
There are some amazing transfers out there, this is going to be fun. Here's a few-

Rayjon Tucker, 6-5, 210, SG, Little Rock
Stats: 20.3 ppg, 6.7 rpg, 41% 3-pointers
Quick Scout: “Very, very athletic. Can shoot. Has some ball skills. Freak athlete.”  -Nevada was on list

Jeantal Cylla, 6-7, 215, F, UNC-Wilmington
Stats: 13.7 ppg, 4.6 rpg
Quick Scout: “Face-up 4-man. Range to 3. Runs court. Ability to finish off the bounce.” -Nevada was on list

Derrik Smits, 7-1, 240, C, Valparaiso
Stats: 12.2 ppg, 5.7 rpg
Quick Scout: “Huge, very skilled, posts hard. Scores with his back to the basket. Good passer when doubled. Rebounds at both ends. Needs to improve defensively.”

Anthony Duruji, 6-7, 215, F, Soph., Louisiana Tech
Stats: 12.2 ppg, 6.2 rpg
Quick Scout: “Freak athlete. Strong, competitive, really good shooter with feet set. 6-foot-7, high upside. No brainer high-major.” -Nevada was on list

David Jenkins, 6-2, 190, G, Soph., South Dakota State
Stats: 19.7 ppg, 45% 3-pointer
Quick Scout: “Really talented guard who was overshadowed by Mike Daum, but he can really score it — in a variety of ways.”
Schools: N/A

Kira Lewis, 6-3, 170, PG, Fr., Alabama
Stats: 13.5 ppg
Quick Scout: “Great in the open court and was Alabama’s best player. I love the way he plays the game – and think he can be one of the best point guards in the country.” -Nevada was on list

the transfer list is unreal

King Kong:
Lewis was really good for Bama

TexHog188:
Is that Smits kid related to Rick Smits?

Großer Kriegschwein:

--- Quote from: TexHog188 on April 07, 2019, 09:28:12 pm ---Is that Smits kid related to Rick Smits?

--- End quote ---

Jimmy

swinesation:
😮

checkraiser88:
I want the 7ft guy..can he shoot?

Pig in the Pokey:

--- Quote from: TexHog188 on April 07, 2019, 09:28:12 pm ---Is that Smits kid related to Rick Smits?

--- End quote ---
good question but the measurables check out.


--- Quote from: checkraiser88 on April 07, 2019, 09:31:08 pm ---I want the 7ft guy..can he shoot?

--- End quote ---
not sure but he sounds like a monster on the blocks.

Beaverfever:
I didn’t know UALR had a stud grad transfer.  I wonder if Mike knew.  And yeah whoever gets the kid from Alabama is getting a baller. 

Pig in the Pokey:

--- Quote from: Beaverfever on April 07, 2019, 09:33:14 pm ---I didn’t know UALR had a stud grad transfer.  I wonder if Mike knew.  And yeah whoever gets the kid from Alabama is getting a baller.

--- End quote ---
a damn good one, too. Bet he goes to Tech.

Roy Bacon:

--- Quote from: TexHog188 on April 07, 2019, 09:28:12 pm ---Is that Smits kid related to Rick Smits?

--- End quote ---

yes, his son.

hawgmasta:
Nice, thanks for the list pokey, and transfers are an essential part of recruiting now. It sounds like we have one of the best.  8)

Pig in the Pokey:

--- Quote from: hawgmasta on April 07, 2019, 09:53:33 pm ---Nice, thanks for the list pokey, and transfers are an essential part of recruiting now. It sounds like we have one of the best.  8)

--- End quote ---
here's teh whole list. those were my cherry picks.  https://watchstadium.com/news/these-are-the-best-college-basketball-players-transferring-this-offseason-04-01-2019/

Knot2brite:
Smits is a decent mid major guy. He can jump and he has some low post moves. I have watched Valpo for a few years and he is the best player on their team this year but he isn’t his daddy. If Musselman is going to go up tempo then he really isn’t the player you want. If it is going to be a quick pace but fundamentally a set play offense...Smits would be ok. If it was a half court set play offense...he would be outstanding

AlmaHog2011:
Are those transfers eligible immediately?

King Kong:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VlMMWESjY4w

Smits would be a great addition

Paul:
i would like to have the others besides Smits

mckinneyhog5:
people complaining about transfers just don't like winning. We need a jump start to begin the Musselman era and transfers will get it done. Who cares where we get the players from let's focus on winning again.

Hogs_fan_for_life:
Go get Dunkin Dutchman JR.  Smits looks good!

Uberanubis:
I may be an idiot but I dont understand why some people are sour on this coach making a name on transfers. Calapari makes his name on one and dones. Really not much difference in terms of how long they play for the coach. As long as he can win doing it I say bring em on.

Wildhog:
Now this is the thread I was waiting for.  Thanks Poke.

hawginbigd1:
I thought Smits put his name in the draft.

Pig in the Pokey:

--- Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on April 07, 2019, 10:05:32 pm ---Are those transfers eligible immediately?

--- End quote ---
first three are.

Pig in the Pokey:

--- Quote from: Wildhog on April 07, 2019, 11:25:12 pm ---Now this is the thread I was waiting for.  Thanks Poke.

--- End quote ---
with an assist to the legend himself norsberry (who i got this link from).

Foshodo:
we need a big and a wing... give me Tucker and then go out and mine for the best post player that you can find. theres somebody out there who's had a coaching change or come on late that can provide us an option. I know Muss plays positionless most of the time but we still need big bodies.

hogsmash12:

--- Quote from: Foshodo on April 08, 2019, 12:11:44 am ---we need a big and a wing... give me Tucker and then go out and mine for the best post player that you can find. theres somebody out there who's had a coaching change or come on late that can provide us an option. I know Muss plays positionless most of the time but we still need big bodies.

--- End quote ---

Hey I’m a Tucker...sign him and give me a press pass

212hawg:

--- Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on April 07, 2019, 09:15:33 pm ---There are some amazing transfers out there, this is going to be fun. Here's a few-

Rayjon Tucker, 6-5, 210, SG, Little Rock
Stats: 20.3 ppg, 6.7 rpg, 41% 3-pointers
Quick Scout: “Very, very athletic. Can shoot. Has some ball skills. Freak athlete.”  -Nevada was on list

Jeantal Cylla, 6-7, 215, F, UNC-Wilmington
Stats: 13.7 ppg, 4.6 rpg
Quick Scout: “Face-up 4-man. Range to 3. Runs court. Ability to finish off the bounce.” -Nevada was on list

Derrik Smits, 7-1, 240, C, Valparaiso
Stats: 12.2 ppg, 5.7 rpg
Quick Scout: “Huge, very skilled, posts hard. Scores with his back to the basket. Good passer when doubled. Rebounds at both ends. Needs to improve defensively.”

Anthony Duruji, 6-7, 215, F, Soph., Louisiana Tech
Stats: 12.2 ppg, 6.2 rpg
Quick Scout: “Freak athlete. Strong, competitive, really good shooter with feet set. 6-foot-7, high upside. No brainer high-major.” -Nevada was on list

David Jenkins, 6-2, 190, G, Soph., South Dakota State
Stats: 19.7 ppg, 45% 3-pointer
Quick Scout: “Really talented guard who was overshadowed by Mike Daum, but he can really score it — in a variety of ways.”
Schools: N/A

Kira Lewis, 6-3, 170, PG, Fr., Alabama
Stats: 13.5 ppg
Quick Scout: “Great in the open court and was Alabama’s best player. I love the way he plays the game – and think he can be one of the best point guards in the country.” -Nevada was on list

the transfer list is unreal

--- End quote ---

Either of the top two would be super helpful for the Hogs. 

NorthDallas40:
Can these kids play immediately?

Pig in the Pokey:

--- Quote from: NorthDallas40 on April 08, 2019, 07:36:05 am ---Can these kids play immediately?

--- End quote ---
First three are immediately eligible.

Smithian:
I don't think Rayjon Tucker is realistic here, but he did just visit Nevada not long ago. Pretty certain he is North Carolina bound, but if Musselman makes one more pitch now he is at a more prestigious school then maybe we have an outside shot. He'd be a great wing for the Hogs.

I'm not sure any guard will transfer here. Right now we have three points on scholarship and Joe has the 2 spot locked up. Jones is good.

I don't know enough about Musselman yet to know what big men would work best in his system, but I do know we need at least one or two more bodies.

Pork Twain:
Those first three could really help us out

Pig in the Pokey:

--- Quote from: Pork Twain on April 08, 2019, 07:46:18 am ---Those first three could really help us out

--- End quote ---
The kid from UNC-W, the face up 4 Jeantal Cylla would fit NICELY in a pace n space offense.

pigachu:
I’m gonna have to get adjusted to the way muss likes to load his roster. Given his nba background it makes a lot of sense to approach this like free agency. Kinda of the opposite end of one and done in regards to experience

The Hogfather:
I'm anxious to see how this goes...

Pork Twain:
Just to make it s smidge easier for those tuning in.

GRAD TRANSFERS
Haanif Cheatham, 6-5, 195, G, Florida Gulf Coast
Stats: 13.2 ppg, 4.8 rpg
Quick Scout: “Playmaking wing. Slasher with very good vision in pick-and-roll. Straight line driver to rim. Can be elite defender when he wants to be.”
Schools: Nevada, Houston, Maryland, New Mexico

Jeantal Cylla, 6-7, 215, F, UNC-Wilmington
Stats: 13.7 ppg, 4.6 rpg
Quick Scout: “Face-up 4-man. Range to 3. Runs court. Ability to finish off the bounce.”
Schools: Nevada, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Oregon State, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, New Mexico State, East Carolina, Tennessee State, Hartford, MTSU, FGCU, San Diego, Charlotte, San Jose State

Dazon Ingram, 6-5, 210, G, Alabama
Stats: 7.1 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 2.6 apg
Quick Scout: “Big, long, strong athletic guard that needs to become a more consistent perimeter shooter. Can become a dynamic defender.”
Schools: Nevada, Michigan, Oregon, Murray State, Gonzaga, Western Kentucky, UAB, UCSB

Christian Keeling, 6-4, 175, G, Charleston Southern
Stats: 18.7 ppg, 6.9 rpg, 38% 3-pointers
Quick Scout: “Elite scorer from 3 and mid-range. Very, very good shooter off the catch-and-bounce. Creative to get his spots. Long and good athlete for his size. Good finisher at the rim, but trusts his jump shot more. Defends.”
Schools: Louisville, Texas Tech, Clemson, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Memphis, NC State, Maryland, Ole Miss, Colorado, Georgetown, Nevada, Butler, Arizona, Cincinnati, Boston College, Tennessee, Texas, Charleston Southern, Gonzaga

Jahaad Proctor, 6-3, 215, G, High Point
Stats: 19.5 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 3.3 apg
Quick Scout: “Physical, smart, can put you on his hip and keep you there. Gets to the free throw line. Three-level scorer. Streaky 3-point shooter with deep range. Average athlete.”
Schools: Arizona, Maryland, Seton Hall, Nevada, Oklahoma State, Michigan, Murray St., Boston College, Utah State, Wake Forest, San Diego, Colorado State, LaSalle

Rayjon Tucker, 6-5, 210, SG, Little Rock
Stats: 20.3 ppg, 6.7 rpg, 41% 3-pointers
Quick Scout: “Very, very athletic. Can shoot. Has some ball skills. Freak athlete.”
Schools: Louisville, South Carolina, Memphis, NC State, Auburn, North Carolina, Auburn, Oregon, Texas Tech, Nevada, Iowa State, Gonzaga, Grand Canyon, Ole Miss, USC, Tennessee, West Virginia

Daniel Utomi, 6-6, 215, PF, Akron
Stats: 14.2 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 37% 3-pointers
Quick Scout: “He’s a 4-man with some 3-man skills. Elite shooter with size. More of a straight-line one or two-dribble guy. Good team defender.”
Schools: Clemson, Nevada, Ole Miss, USC, Illinois, Xavier, Indiana, Seton Hall, Creighton, North Carolina, Iowa, Wichita State, Virginia Tech, Virginia, Georgia Tech, Michigan, Kansas

SIT-OUT GUYS
Anthony Duruji, 6-7, 215, F, Soph., Louisiana Tech
Stats: 12.2 ppg, 6.2 rpg
Quick Scout: “Freak athlete. Strong, competitive, really good shooter with feet set. 6-foot-7, high upside. No brainer high-major.”
Schools: Syracuse, Pittsburgh, Seton Hall, Baylor, Illinois, Minnesota, Arizona State, VCU, USC, George Mason, Marquette, Ole Miss, Nevada, Indiana

D.J. Harvey, 6-6, 225, SG, Soph., Notre Dame
Stats: 10.7 ppg, 4.2 rpg
Quick Scout: “Talented mid-range shooter who needs to become more consistent with his 3-point shot.”
Schools: USC, Houston, Marquette, Georgetown, Iowa, Auburn, Maryland, Xavier, Cincinnati, Nevada

Kira Lewis, 6-3, 170, PG, Fr., Alabama
Stats: 13.5 ppg
Quick Scout: “Great in the open court and was Alabama’s best player. I love the way he plays the game – and think he can be one of the best point guards in the country.”
Schools: Duke, Memphis, Tennessee, Baylor, Nevada, Iowa State

Darius McNeill, 6-3, 180, G, Soph., California
Stats: 11.0 ppg
Quick Scout: “Athletic combo guard that can play some point. Streaky shooter, but very good slashing in transition. Great quickness and anticipation on defense.”
Schools: TCU, Oklahoma State, Pittsburgh, Northwestern, Nevada, Rice, SMU, Cincinnati, Kansas State, Oklahoma

Fayette Villains:
We can take a flyer on a guard who has to sit out next year, but one of our scholarship spots has to be spent on a forward with immediate eligibility, whether it's a freshman, a juco, or a transfer.

The UNC-Wilmington (Cylla) guy looks like a good scheme fit. That would keep Chaney at the 5. As would the Akron guy (Utomi).

hawginbigd1:
I would imagine Lewis has a decent chance of getting a waiver for immediate eligibility.

nwahogfan1:

--- Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on April 07, 2019, 11:47:31 pm ---first three are.

--- End quote ---

Those who have graduated are ready to go now. The rest have to set a year unless they can get a waver.  But wavers are getting easier. 

bjeffersonhog:

--- Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on April 08, 2019, 07:37:42 am ---First three are immediately eligible.

--- End quote ---

If Smits can play immediately he's a must get.  Him and Chaney as the 4 and 5 would really secure the paint area and help fill the void MA left at the 5 spot.

Pork Twain:
If we are only going to get two, I would be happy with any two from this list.

riccoar:

--- Quote from: Pork Twain on April 10, 2019, 09:31:56 am ---If we are only going to get two, I would be happy with any two from this list.

--- End quote ---
That is all we have, correct?  Gafford's and KES positions?

Boared Out Of My Mind:

--- Quote from: bjeffersonhog on April 08, 2019, 07:12:13 pm ---If Smits can play immediately he's a must get.  Him and Chaney as the 4 and 5 would really secure the paint area and help fill the void MA left at the 5 spot.

--- End quote ---

Not sure how well he fits this offense to be really honest

Hugo Bezdek:

--- Quote from: riccoar on April 10, 2019, 09:35:37 am ---That is all we have, correct?  Gafford's and KES positions?

--- End quote ---

Right now we have two open slots. That assumes Garland gets clearance and no one else leaves.

TheSilencer06:
Do we not get another for Jordan Phillips?

hogwood:

--- Quote from: TheSilencer06 on April 10, 2019, 11:50:35 am ---Do we not get another for Jordan Phillips?

--- End quote ---

We do, giving us 3 for 2019, but it will be given to Justice Hill, so back to 2 available.

The Hogfather:

--- Quote from: hogwood on April 10, 2019, 11:58:41 am ---We do, giving us 3 for 2019, but it will be given to Justice Hill, so back to 2 available.

--- End quote ---

Has Justice Hill indicated he is staying?

Little Lady Back:

--- Quote from: Hugo Bezdek on April 10, 2019, 09:57:32 am ---Right now we have two open slots. That assumes Garland gets clearance and no one else leaves.

--- End quote ---

I sure do hope that somehow Garland get cleared to play. From everything that I have heard, he is a very nice young man with some serious ball skills.

PigPusher:
This football mind has question. What does face up mean exactly.

The Hogfather:

--- Quote from: PigPusher on April 10, 2019, 12:14:14 pm ---This football mind has question. What does face up mean exactly.

--- End quote ---

Doesn't post people with his back to the basket.  Uses skills to drive/shoot.  Almost plays like a guard.  It is usually used for guys who would traditionally play PF/C, due to their height.

Pig in the Pokey:

--- Quote from: Little Lady Back on April 10, 2019, 12:03:55 pm ---I sure do hope that somehow Garland get cleared to play. From everything that I have heard, he is a very nice young man with some serious ball skills.

--- End quote ---
Either get him or get Kyrie Walker to reclassify and we are good to go at the 3.

Little Lady Back:

--- Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on April 10, 2019, 01:07:40 pm ---Either get him or get Kyrie Walker to reclassify and we are good to go at the 3.

--- End quote ---

True. Definitely will be good to go with either one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View